Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Things to Ponder

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It could also be that the Death Star was only able to blow a planet up to a certain size, like an M Class, or something.

*waiting to see if this causes any trekkies heads to implode*

Hm why did they call earth like planets "M class" in Star Trek? Does "Earth" start with the letter M, or what? :lol

No idea, [MENTION=91320]Claudya[/MENTION], I never paid that much attention to the Star Trek universe. We are just going to have to see if any of the trekkies on the site are willing to chime in.

So, um, why DID God create women?

I read an interesting take on that question a while ago. I think it's some kabbalah idea.

According to that idea God did not "create the woman" when he put Adam to sleep to cut out his rib, but rather seperated both sexes/ genders through that divine surgery. So Adam was originally not a male, but a "both-genders" creation, a hermaphrodite or androgynic being. S/he included all of humankind, male and female, in one being: Adam. Only after God sedated him/her and extracted the female aspect, contained in a rib, from him and created a seperate being as an opposite, partner and helper, only then Adam became an actual male.

So if you think of it that way the question why woman was made is just an invalid question. She was made when man was made, they started being united in one, but they were seperated when God decreed that the human shouldn't be a single, but a gender dimorphic being so Adam wouldn't be alone.

I'm not promoting that idea as biblical doctrine. But I like that idea because it rebuts the thought that humankind is somehow "male by default", and females were only an addition or a special form. The "male by default" concept is one of the reasons sexism persists, and thus I personally like that teaching about Adam being both female and male at first, because that way female is just as "default" as male is.

I will read what the ramban says on that. I recall that he did say something like that. but however, he does believe that adam ribs was taken. he is respected for expanded the "secrets of the torah" aka the qaballah.

sheesh if we are going to go there.

what is the first planet listed in the federation? and what is the emblem of the federation. its reall close to a current flag.

So Adam was originally not a male, but a "both-genders" creation, a hermaphrodite or androgynic being.

Too much learning has made one mad? That particular accusation is leveled at Paul who was vindicated. I'm not saying that here, but instead just saying, "Hold on just a second, Babalouie!" So then, when the good Lord took out the angular bone (the Bible does not specifically say rib) then it's testicles dropped and it became a him? So then, when I go in for surgery and the Doctor is talking about a prosthesis or putting something in, I should think about the possibility of my testicles becoming ovaries? I don't wanna have a period. Scary thought, isn't it? That's quite a bit to "read into" the few verses that speak to us (or rather don't speak much to us) from when God formed woman. Isn't it? No need to reply, I know you're not being dogmatic here. I also know that I'm being ridiculous and that it's probably okay for you to believe what you like. Just saying I'm glad it went the way it did and that "man" was created first, and that it was the ladies who had to bear the "pangs of childbirth" and only the sweat of our brow and the thorns and thistles and the resistance of exterior things were handed to man in our "curse".

History lesson, kiddies. What event sparked the superstition behind Friday the 13th?

That could be, [MENTION=90700]Edward[/MENTION], but the event I am referring to has to do with the Knights Templar. Admittedly, there may be other events that may be cited for origins behind superstitions attributed to the date, but this is one of the more famous. In the year 1307 on Friday the 13th of October King Philip the fair (not because was a nice guy by the way, just that he had a nice complexion), ordered the arrest (after receiving approval from the Pope) of all Templar Knights and accused them of all different kinds of things. The motivation behind this was that King Philip owed the Knights Templar quite a sum of money and the easiest way to "resolve" the debt was to have the Pope declare them heretics and have them rounded up and thrown in prison. Many were tortured and killed. It wasn't long after this event that the group "officially" disbanded.

Here is more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_templar

Okay? What is the next letter in the sequence?

J, A, S, O, N, [?]

What letter (English Alphabet) comes next? Hint, it is a "Loop Erased Sequence" based on the Edward Puzzle:

That was a good one, and very interesting. Learn something new everyday.

OK here's another...

What is the next letter in the sequence?

S, O, N, D, J, F, M, A, M

View attachment 3197 <--- Click to Enlarge for answer (means you give up, no worries - I didn't understand either).

From Page 67 of Conformal Invariance: an Introduction to Loops, Interfaces and Stochastic Loewner Evolution

Never studied it ----> :shocked Zoop! Way over my head. Looks like fun though.
[MENTION=11841]jasoncran[/MENTION] (somebody talking 'bout you?)

Answer: Unknown.

'YY' you are, 'YY' you be, I see you are, 'YY' for me.

Does YY refer to a chromosome maybe? If so, it becomes:

Woman you are, woman you be. I see you are Woman for me. A paraphrase of something Adam may have whispered into the ear of Eve?

Decipher this code:

YY UR, YY UB, I C UR, YY 4 Me! (What does it mean?)

U C D LFN? I C D LFN. It is in the room.

the number 288

Totally unrelated but I used to be an honorary member of the China Team while playing a MMO online Game.
These guys were great! And they were everywhere. Various skill levels for English though and we spoke a short-hand chat style.

"U not go. Me go. U stay. I call you. You come."

But all that was boiled down further to, "u stay"

Stuff like that. There was also a quick way of saying, "Although you are my friend and I know that in Western culture it is considered impolite to just leave, I will now leave without saying anything more than "CU88". This means we are too good of friends to sweat the small stuff.

cu88

Back to the 88 though. The word for "good-bye" or "Got to go now, see you later BYE" sounds like our number 8 but repeated.

So the sound is the same as saying 8-8
that's where the cu88 comes from (but I know that's not your answer).

Why is it bad manners to say the number 288 in front of others?

Two ate Eight?

:chin ahhh... no. I'll let somebody else answer.

look it up. use chabad. org or aish.com.

hint is has something to with the soul(yechida) and well you will see what else has it.

say the number 288 in front of others

The clue is in the phrase "in front of others," and "others" is assumed to mean other people, but it could also mean, "in front of other numbers," and if that is the case, it would be bad manners to say that 'two ate eight' in front of the other numbers, because it would not be acting in a discreet manner but instead would be considered rude and perhaps arrogant, needlessly startling the other numbers by mentioning an alleged cannibalistic behavior.

say the number 288 in front of others

The clue is in the phrase "in front of others," and "others" is assumed to mean other people, but it could also mean, "in front of other numbers," and if that is the case, it would be bad manners to say that two ate eight in front of other numbers.

:hysterical
You mean, hearing that their buddy Eight was devoured by their other buddy Two would shock and traumatize the other numbers, and thus it's bad manners?

:hysterical
You mean, hearing that their buddy Eight was devoured by their other buddy Two would shock and traumatize the other numbers, and thus it's bad manners?

Yes, because I don't wanna tell you what my kids would say if I asked them. They would say, "Ewwww, that's too gross, Dad." And I don't want to give the answer away either.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back