Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Things to Ponder

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think this may have to do with heat. I am going to guess that if you try each switch, one at a time, over the course of 5 minute intervals. Then, once you have tried each switch you walk into the room and see how hot/warm the bulb is you will have a reasonable guesstimation as to which switch it powering it.

Or you could just take the cover plate of the switches and see which one has any wires connected to it.

I wasn't saying you walk into the room multiple times, I am saying after turning each switch on for 5 minute successive intervals, once you are done you then walk into the room once and see how warm the bulb is.

Or you could just take the cover plate of the switches and see which one has any wires connected to it.

You could just sue the guy that installed those switches, and with the money you win you could move to another house.

I was going to suggest something like your heat proposal, I was just thinking of those old light bulbs having a faint glow for half a minute after being switched off.
You could turn switch 1 to on, wait ten min, turn it to off, turn switch 2 to on and walk in.
If the light is on, switch 2 is it. If the light is off, switch 3 is it. If the light bulb wire is glowing faintly switch 1 was the right one. Of course if you can touch the bulb you could just feel the heat.

Have someone else walk into the room and tell you when the light goes on.

You are standing in front of a room with 1 light bulb inside. You cannot see if it is on or off. Outside the room there are 3 switches in off position. You have to find out which switch controls the light bulb inside, but you get to enter the room only once. So how do you find out?

Can you just open the door and try each switch before you go in? :)

I've been stumped and looked at Google Search for the last two. The Light Bulb puzzle (good one) and also the Roman Numeral question (not as good, but a good stumper for sure).

I am just going to assume it is an existential quandry and leave it at that.

The ages of a father and son add up to 66. The father's age is the son's age reversed. How old could they be?

The father is 33 and the son is 33.
Oh wait.... :confused
Well some guys start young, don't they. :lol

They could also be 42 and 24. Which still means the father started young, but it's more realistic. Or 51 and 15.

Would you rather never be able to answer a question or never be able to ask a question?

I'd rather never be able to ask a question. If I could ask a question but never answer the same question then I wouldn't have any retention so it wouldn't do me any good to ask.

Would you rather never be able to answer a question or never be able to ask a question?

That'd both be horrible, longing for answers and not getting them can be so painfull. Like hunger in your mind that you can never satisfy. But pain that you feel tells you you are still alive, right? Not being able to ask is like being intellectually dead already.

P.S. I don't like coke. Processed sugary junk food :chokedup Can I have an freshly squeezed orange juice instead? Or a cup of tea? Coffee would be nice, too, but it's evening, so better no coffee now.

That'd both be horrible, longing for answers and not getting them can be so painfull. Like hunger in your mind that you can never satisfy. But pain that you feel tells you you are still alive, right? Not being able to ask is like being intellectually dead already.

This was my thought at first but then I decided that I don't have to ask a question in order to process information. I can read, listen, etc. But I'm sure there is something that Edward will point out to me, as per his answer of "interesting".

Here is another philosophical question to ponder. This was on my mind earlier today.

Why is psychotherapy so focused on our shortcomings and deficiencies, and aims at fixing our mental and behavioural processes, rather than helping us find a purposefull and meaningfull goal in life that would give us the strength to face and defeat our weaknesses?
Because I think the most people that accomplish to face and conquer their fears don't accomplish that because they want to *conquer their fears*, but because they have something in their lives that matters more than their fears and is worth the discomfort of facing one's inner enemy. Most people don't even need a shrink in order to go beyond what they thought possible, if only they have a good enough reason to take the risks.
So maybe psychotherapy focussing on processes rather than goals is totally doing it wrong?

Back