Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Understanding the Two Resurrections

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I Corinthians 15:51 KJV
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Are some of these dead in Christ, and some in Christ but still alive?

Whether we live or whether we die...
Whether we wake or whether we sleep...

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Romans 14:7-9
For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Do you have any scripture to support this?

In my view, the martyrs who are killed before the resurrection/rapture will be raised up first with the dead in Christ. But there will be other believers that will be overcome by the beast after (Rev. 13:7-8, 14:13). These will not be resurrected and gathered in the clouds/air, but instead, their souls will be seen under the altar in heaven, and they will be told to wait until all of their brothers are killed, and only then will God avenge their blood (wrath - Rev. 6:9-11). And they, too, will also return and reign with Christ (Rev. 20:4).

Yes of course I have scripture to support this.

• Paul described the coming of the Lord to gather His people at the resurrection/rapture.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

• Those who are Christ's, that have died, and those who are alive and remain will be caught up together to meet the Lord in the clouds, at His coming.

• Those who are Christ's who have died, together with those who are alive and remain are caught together... at His coming.

That's comprises all those who are His.

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man camedeath, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:20-23

• Paul sent a second letter to the Thessalonians, to clarify a misunderstanding about this.

Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8

Two major things happen at His coming:

• At His coming, His people are gathered together unto Him, in the air, at the resurrection/rapture.
  • The antichrist is destroyed by the brightness of His coming.

JLB

Questions. Not traps but questions.
In the parable of the rich man and Lazurus,
Do you have two groups of dead folks? Is one group in faith (with the ability to hear the gospel at Christ's resurrection), and the other group dead to faith and awaiting judgement.

Nope. To understand "all" parables the dissections for understandings must conform to the directions Jesus gave us in Mark 4:13 and the balance of that chapter. In the "directions" we should be able to see that there are 3 parties to every parable. If any of the 3 are missing, then the understanding is void. The parties are God/His Word, mankind (or an individual that all mankind can look to and personally apply) and the devil.

In the parable of the rich man we have Lazarus and an unidentified "rich man." The rich man studies are long studies in their own right, but in the parable that "rich man" remains without a name. Think of "strangers" that Jesus doesn't know. We have the man Lazarus. The other party can ONLY represent a devil to fulfill the party conformance requirement in Mark 4. We'll see the same TWO parties in Matt. 25 for example. The "rich man" and Lazarus are in parable terms, ONE MAN as we would know a man in the flesh. But scripture doesn't see this way. Scripture sees TWO parties in MAN. See Mark 4:15 and correlate to 1 John 3:8 and 2 Cor. 12:7, Acts 26:18, 2 Cor. 4:4, Eph. 2:2, all identical pictures of two parties in man. And there are many many more citings in the N.T. to confirm this sight. This is HOW scripture sees. The other "invisible" parties, the devils, are relayed in terms of parables and allegories because they can't be seen. We need things to "link them" to, to relate to what is being said. Devils in scriptures are referred to in numerous ways. Tares, thistles, thorns, "the wicked", children of the flesh, sons of belial, etc etc. I could write several pages just on this single topic, of how devils are described in "similitudes." But the bulk of it stems from Mark 4 in lining up understanding parables and getting both parties on the table for understandings.
Are some good dead and some bad dead?

There are two or three basic forms of "dead." There are dead believers who are still alive ala Col. 3:3, Romans 7:11, Romans 8:10. There are dead who are not believers i.e. people who are dead in their trespasses and sins, yet still alive in the flesh. Eph. 2:1, Col. 2:3. And then there are devils, the opposers or "opposites" or "anti" of Christ. If Christ is the "Life" then they are the real "dead."

I Corinthians 15:51 KJV
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Are some of these dead in Christ, and some in Christ but still alive?

Yep.

Matthew 25:46 KJV
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

In 2 Cor. 12:7 IF we can manage to see that in Paul's flesh was "a messenger of Satan" we should be readily able to see that TWO separate fates could apply to Paul and apply to the messenger of Satan. One, Paul, could not be lost. The other, the messenger of Satan can not be saved and will have the resurrection of damnation at the finale for that entity class. This understanding is the only way to conform to the requirements of Matt. 4:4 and Luke 4:4, us living by "every Word" of God. Jesus did mean every Word, even the bad ones.

Think about this scripture that no hypocrite can read and apply the entire statement to themselves:

Luke 13:27
But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

The Words in bold scare believers half to death and they openly reject application to themselves. They will think up every reason in the world to not see themselves as "working iniquity," nevertheless we all sin and sin IS iniquity. But they just can't get it.

But now put yourself in Paul's shoes from 2 Cor. 12:7 and you'll SEE it can apply to Paul, were he alive in the flesh and leave Paul entirely unharmed. No different than Jesus addressing Satan in Peter. There are two different parties standing in the same shoes. If we see our own sin properly we WILL derive that sin is of the devil. This shows the other parties are "involved" with us as well.

This can be a hard pill, a bitter pill to swallow for any blinded flesh man. But it IS Gospel, Word for Word.
So can you select good and bad out of the physical dead?

Out of people who are alive in the flesh, yes. Once a believer dies they are released from our captors we have present with us in our flesh. This is also the reason why the flesh and the Spirit are contrary and against each others. Gal. 5:17. There is no remedy for devils. There is no "getting along" between the flesh and the Spirit. It is impossible because it is about Gods Spirit and devils.
And
Can you choose good and bad out of the living?

I wish I could discuss this topic more as to how this relates to actually being able to love our neighbors as ourselves but alas, in most christian circles this rule of Gods House can not be discussed or applied in reality. I do however apply this standard in my own life to unbelievers. I judge NONE of them unto damnation and believe that the Grace of God CAN save them i.e. I can't rule it out. And I'm in good theological company on this sight from both orthodox theologians and from modern Reform theologians. Not all of them, but there are some smart ones in the bunch who are not stupid enough to step into a place where we don't belong.
Are those in the lake of fire the condemned that have no chance?

There is NO uncertainty that the devil and his messengers are going into the LoF for ever and EVER and that is for eternity. I think of the LoF as a form of "anti" heaven for that entity class.
The complication occurs when Jesus visits Abraham's bosom and changes their status (there are a couple of differing opinions here).

What happened to the rich man was NOT the LoF. If you can manage your way through the above, you'll see that when a believer dies, they are separated from their flesh. The wicked spirit(s) however remain on earth, in a DRY place of torment, seeking to "return" to their house, which is man:

Luke 11:24
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

The rich man was actually an unclean spirit. Who did that unclean spirit want? Lazarus. The house from whence he came out of. He wanted back in. But that was not possible. The flesh of Lazarus was dead.

Even Lucifer is described as 'a man.' Devils can be termed "men" or "man" or "son of perdition" because their "house" is the flesh of MAN.
If you want to, just do not comment.

I am thoroughly delighted to discuss and share scripture understandings. The internet has enabled me to share with some of Gods best and brightest on the planet earth.
Redneck questions
eddif

You have never fooled me one bit. I consider your depth of understandings to run probably as deep as there is on this forum. Kudos if we can connect on the above. You may have already beaten me to it for all I know. Theology is a LOT of pleasure, if done properly.

Last edited:
Nope. To understand "all" parables the dissections for understandings must conform to the directions Jesus gave us in Mark 4:13 and the balance of that chapter. In the "directions" we should be able to see that there are 3 parties to every parable. If any of the 3 are missing, then the understanding is void. The parties are God/His Word, mankind (or an individual that all mankind can look to and personally apply) and the devil.
I am so glad you said nope.
Eventually this may help us through the resurrections.

My comments do not exclude your comments, and just expand a little.

What we need for a parable:
(As seen through #14 welding lenses)

1. Someone teaching or speaking as an oracle of God (could be Jesus).
2. A mystery. Something out of creation (could be plant / animal / seed / sun / moon / stars / tares / man (etc.).
3. Someone seeking wisdom. (Looking for reality that cast the shadow. Jesus is usually casting the shadow. His flesh is torn to see into the mystery.
4. The end lesson should be about the mighty works of God.
5. Maybe a conflict:
Rich - poor
Good soil - poor soil
Lost - found
Good - evil
6. Provision / wisdom from God to help the problem. (Rain - harvest - healing sacrifice for sin) ( at the resurrection the book of life sounds like the hope)
7. Other / Others

eddif

I am so glad you said nope.
Eventually this may help us through the resurrections.

My comments do not exclude your comments, and just expand a little.

What we need for a parable:
(As seen through #14 welding lenses)

1. Someone teaching or speaking as an oracle of God (could be Jesus).
2. A mystery. Something out of creation (could be plant / animal / seed / sun / moon / stars / tares / man (etc.).

Gotta luv a good mystery. We are quite nosy by our natures, to find understandings. It is built in to most. Some obviously could care less.

The thing about scriptural mysteries is as with parables or allegories, some are meant to understand. Some are not. Some will actually resist to hear. They always bring strangeness into the picture because of these various reactions. The majority of Israel for example, for the most part, seldom heeded prophetic warnings. And paid a dear price in many cases. And wound up killing the prophets instead. Then later the religious hypocrites and civic leaders build shrines to them. It's just weird.

Luke 11:47
Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
4. The end lesson should be about the mighty works of God.

The question that arises at the heart of these matters is this. Why are there problems? Why is there death, sin, evil? What is the Divine Intent behind these matters. In theology classification this is termed "theodicy." The study of evil in conjunction with a Perfect God.

I think the overall theodicy lesson can be summed up by a single scripture provided by Paul:

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

There is a definite paradox/conundrum involved with this statement, or maybe even several.

For example, the spirit of disobedience will receive no mercy whatsoever and was never intended to. As I showed from the previous long winded post, with Paul himself there was also a messenger of Satan in his own flesh. 2 Cor. 12:7. Paul teaches the identical principle in Romans 9:18-24 and applies this same principle to all believers in 2 Tim. 2:20-21. A "tempter" if you will, in his own flesh, Romans 7:7-17, Gal. 4:14. Paul was meant for mercy and grace in Christ. The "tempter was not." In the same lump of one man, Paul, there was both a resurrection unto LIFE and a forthcoming resurrection unto DAMNATION. Divinely Intended to fall respectively on each party. IN the same lump was both rich and poor, just and wicked, holy and vile, wheat and tare, sheep and goat, wise and fool, etc etc. Every Word of God would apply to every believer. Matt. 4:4, Luke 4:4. Yes, even the bad stuff. But the other party involved will "steal" the Word that is meant for them, and cause the lesser party NOT to see, because in the flesh, THEY are the superior party.

Neither fate could be changed or swayed. The matters are fixed and set. Can not be altered.

In this God Shows His Divine Superiority and surpassing Power to ALL of the parties, one way or the other.

It is entirely in Gods Own Hands who hears and obeys and who does not, and resists.

Last edited:
The rich man was actually an unclean spirit. Who did that unclean spirit want? Lazarus. The house from whence he came out of. He wanted back in. But that was not possible. The flesh of Lazarus was dead.

This is your your opinion, with no scripture to back it up.

In 2 Cor. 12:7 IF we can manage to see that in Paul's flesh was "a messenger of Satan"

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 2 Corinthians 12:7

That's just it, there was no "messenger of Satan" in Paul's flesh.

"thorn in the flesh" is the language that the scripture uses. This is an idiomatic expression a source irritation or frustration, similar to what we use today, with the phrase "pain in the ____".

Do you believe "thorn" in the flesh was literal or metaphorical language to describe a source of frustration.

JLB

Another of your statements
"But now put yourself in Paul's shoes from 2 Cor. 12:7 and you'll SEE it can apply to Paul, were he alive in the flesh and leave Paul entirely unharmed. No different than Jesus addressing Satan in Peter. There are two different parties standing in the same shoes. If we see our own sin properly we WILL derive that sin is of the devil. This shows the other parties are "involved" with us as well."

We tend to see ourselves (flesh) in much better shape than we are. The promices for a changed flesh are there, but the final reality awaits the last trump / resurrection.

Our mind of Christ can be in much better shape than we normally think is happening. We just have to give credit to God for the changes (Now as well as the future).

If not for Romans 7:25 ,I would fail to see what you are talking about.
The bad is really bad, but the good is really good.

Without the Wickepedia (conduction system of the heart), I would fail to understand how my flesh is to make it to the resurrection. That crucified natural pacemaker (hidden man of the heart) is my hope. Creation painted a picture far beyond a lot of words. Christ in us the hope of glory.

eddif

This is your your opinion, with no scripture to back it up.

The scripture proofs were in my previous post about it. Not that I think you would understand or accept them.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 2 Corinthians 12:7

That's just it, there was no "messenger of Satan" in Paul's flesh.

I'm not going to entertain your statement in favor of the obvious. I consider it an example of not reading plain statements, even though they are quite obvious. This fulfills the scripture of Matthew 13:13. Some are not MEANT to see the obvious and there is zero that can be done about it.

We tend to see ourselves (flesh) in much better shape than we are.
eddif

Ain't that the truth! When we see accurately, we'll also see that the Spirit is against our own flesh. Gal. 5:19. This does bring a certain "woe is me" perspective to a few believers. Such as Abraham, Gen. 18:27, and Job, Job 42:6.

The prophets did not bear their own sack cloth and ashes in vain.

The resurrection is the instrument God uses to end the flesh (through Christ Jesus).

I realize I am a jerk from Mississippi. My flesh (in the natural) has sin as having dominion over my life. The demons ran my existance. I have great promices when I accept Jesus. Sin no longer has dominion, but sin is not vacated totally. If I clean up and brag of who I am, I run the risk of having a whole host of demons move in. Please do not scream and tear your garments.

If we hear the knock of Revelation 3:20 and open the door; the rule changes from demonic to Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit strives against our flesh. Holy Spirit leads the new creation to understand sin, judgement, righteousness.

Those that struggle with doctrine, and I do mean struggle; are just about outside most groups. My Pentecostsl leanings cut me off from mainline denominations. Pentecostals run when I start on the suffering servant road (or the info above).

Let me get my dog an go a huntin.
eddif

I'm not going to entertain your statement in favor of the obvious. I consider it an example of not reading plain statements, even though they are quite obvious. This fulfills the scripture of Matthew 13:13. Some are not MEANT to see the obvious and there is zero that can be done about it.

Background facts about Paul:

Paul being the Apostle to the Gentiles who had the responsibility of carrying the message of the Gospel to the Gentile world, had been given an abundance of revelations for this purpose, that He teach the [unlearned] Gentiles about Christ and the kingdom of God.

It was many years after Paul's conversion, that he was sent out by the Holy Spirit from Antioch Church.

Now in the church that was at Antioch there were certain prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.2 As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. 4 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus. Acts 13:1-4

again

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. 18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. 19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. 20 (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.)21 Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22 And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which were in Christ. 23 But they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they glorified God in me.
Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. 2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain. Galatians 1:15-2:2

Paul wasn't given the "thorn in the flesh", a messenger of Satan to buffet him, until after the abundance of the revelations he was given, lest he be exalted above measure.

Paul says it was because of the abundance of the revelations, that he was given a messenger of Satan to buffet him.

...lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations,

That was the condition by which Paul was given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to buffet him.

What would be the condition by which the rest of the Christians in the world would be given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger to buffet them?

Secondly:

The messenger of Satan obviously had a "message" which became a "source of frustration" to hinder Paul.
What was the message, this messenger was saying that was seemingly buffeting or hindering Paul?

This condition was unique to Paul, as the verse plainly says... lest I be exalted above measure.

JLB

I realize I am a jerk from Mississippi. My flesh (in the natural) has sin as having dominion over my life

For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14

Paul wasn't given [snip] a messenger of Satan

Paul [snip] was [snip] given a messenger of Satan [snip].

I don't expect much to come from that kind of circular analysis.

We can look at obvious matters such as Satan speaking through Peter, Mark 8:33, Satan entering Judas, Luke 22:3, our own sin in relation to the devil, 1 John 3:8, at Mark 4:15 showing Satan entering the hearts of "man" to steal, a sin, our own binding prior to belief with the prince of this world, the spirit of disobedience, Eph. 2:2, blinding our minds, and come to the same conclusion Paul did for our own contrary to the Spirit, flesh. Gal. 5:17. Yes, it is a woe is me condition.

The instant we recognize that the tempter does tempt us internally it is crystal clear that it is an "internal" matter of another party functioning therein.

There is a reason we DON'T see end time matters clearly. Stolen and blocked information. I admit I see only in part and I know why.

Sometimes if we ask for More Light, we get illumination in ways that we didn't expect.

IF however we DO see this, THEN we will understand that two different resurrections can apply to what we falsely perceive as only an individual believer. One, to the believer a ressurection of LIFE, and to the other, the resurrection of eternal damnation.

This has actually helped me to LOVE my fellow believers, and to understand why we are such a sorry lot, generally speaking. Having the fulcrum of judgment move to the proper party has helped me fulfilling "loving one another." The Divine Mandate that Jesus brings us. It has also helped me love my neighbors as myself, because I just don't see an individual (unbelieving) neighbor. I see a person and I see the god of this world, blinding their minds to the Gospel. 2 Cor. 4:4. I know there is one to love and one to hate, despise and resist.

Having DOMINION over sin does not mean we don't have sin to dominate.

I don't expect much to come from that kind of circular analysis.

We can look at obvious matters such as Satan speaking through Peter, Mark 8:33, Satan entering Judas, Luke 22:3, our own sin in relation to the devil, 1 John 3:8, at Mark 4:15 showing Satan entering the hearts of "man" to steal, a sin, our own binding prior to belief with the prince of this world, the spirit of disobedience, Eph. 2:2, blinding our minds, and come to the same conclusion Paul did for our own contrary to the Spirit, flesh. Gal. 5:17. Yes, it is a woe is me condition.

The instant we recognize that the tempter does tempt us internally it is crystal clear that it is an "internal" matter of another party functioning therein.

There is a reason we DON'T see end time matters clearly. Stolen and blocked information. I admit I see only in part and I know why.

Sometimes if we ask for More Light, we get illumination in ways that we didn't expect.

IF however we DO see this, THEN we will understand that two different resurrections can apply to what we falsely perceive as only an individual believer. One, to the believer a ressurection of LIFE, and to the other, the resurrection of eternal damnation.

This has actually helped me to LOVE my fellow believers, and to understand why we are such a sorry lot, generally speaking. Having the fulcrum of judgment move to the proper party has helped me fulfilling "loving one another." The Divine Mandate that Jesus brings us. It has also helped me love my neighbors as myself, because I just don't see an individual (unbelieving) neighbor. I see a person and I see the god of this world, blinding their minds to the Gospel. 2 Cor. 4:4. I know there is one to love and one to hate, despise and resist.

Having DOMINION over sin does not mean we don't have sin to dominate.

Paul wasn't given the "thorn in the flesh", a messenger of Satan to buffet him, until after the abundance of the revelations he was given, lest he be exalted above measure.

What would be the condition by which the rest of the Christians in the world would be given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger to buffet them?

Can you share your beliefs about this, by answering as to the rest of the Christians, or was this condition unique to Paul?

JLB

Sin, which is of the devil. 1 John 3:8

Can you share your beliefs about this, by answering as to the rest of the Christians, or was this condition unique to Paul?

There are no questions remaining in my mind that the tempter tempts believers, internally.

For years, just LIKE YOU, I read Mark 4:15, and every time I read it, I blindly exempted myself from that happening to me. In searching, in reaching into why I didn't understand so many scriptural matters and why the churches were so seemingly divided, I was reminded why, by The Word.

Then I saw, and applied to the reality of that fact, personally. And recognized that it was rather obvious all along. I just didn't see it. I did NOT believe what Jesus said.

When we are led to LISTEN to the Son, we will hear it all. Every Word God Says applies to believers, personally. Matt. 4:4, Luke 4:4.

For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14
If I actually can speak to this it will be (words escape me).

Dominion is just (rule I rekon).

When we repent; are baptised in Jesus for the forgiveness of sin; receive the Holy Spirit for power to witness. Our life changes.

This change takes place in two areas (minor screams). The flesh loses dominion of sin. Losing dominion of sin does not (scripturally) make every sin and want go away (in the flesh).

The new mind does understand:
Jesus died for our sin
Jesus intercedes for us to the Father
Holy Spirit can enter and bring power to witness.
We have power if we have any faith.

All the fullness God was in Jesus. I strive for all of the gifts that praying will grant. I do realize someone else may get what I pray for (Holy Spirit distributes gifts). I must recognize that we all have differing gifts.

Grace will send a brother to me if I am overtaken in a fault. I can not be so self righteous as to think I alone can solve everything. I can not be so foolish as to think power is not here to help.
Ecclesiastes 7:16 KJV
Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?

If I think I am in charge I could fall (he keeps us from falling). Who gets credit? Jesus

eddif

There are no questions remaining in my mind that the tempter tempts believers, internally.

For years, just LIKE YOU, I read Mark 4:15, and every time I read it, I blindly exempted myself from that happening to me. In searching, in reaching into why I didn't understand so many scriptural matters and why the churches were so seemingly divided, I was reminded why, by The Word.

Then I saw, and applied to the reality of that fact, personally. And recognized that it was rather obvious all along. I just didn't see it. I did NOT believe what Jesus said.

When we are led to LISTEN to the Son, we will hear it all. Every Word God Says applies to believers, personally. Matt. 4:4, Luke 4:4.
When I denied my sin.
My wife did not deny my sin. With garden hoe in hand she set about chopping weeds in my life. I lost about two toes in the process. Some of it still goes on today. Maybe those toes decompose and enrich the soil so Gods word produces more fruit.

eddif

When I denied my sin.
My wife did not deny my sin. With garden hoe in hand she set about chopping weeds in my life. I lost about two toes in the process. Some of it still goes on today. Maybe those toes decompose and enrich the soil so Gods word produces more fruit.

eddif

Funny how that works ain't it? :lol

Having a little BBQ tonight so my wife and I are engaged in an argument, er, ah, typical debate, about how much potato salad SHE should make for 35-40 people! I have been given my marching orders.

Paul said the reason he was given a messenger of Satan to buffet him was: ...lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
2 Corinthians 12:7

Why would all the Christians in the world be given a messenger of Satan to buffet them?

Or was the s condition unique to Paul ?

Who is it that gives all the Christians in the world, a messenger of Satan to buffet them?

JLB

Back