Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Understanding the Two Resurrections

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What would be the condition by which the rest of the Christians in the world would be given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger to buffet them?

Every believer has a thorn in the flesh. Every unbeliever has a thorn in the flesh.

If you want to see how that thorn gets INTO "our flesh" read Mark 4:15 and see it for yourself.

Where the Word is sown, the RESISTOR is guaranteed to "follow" by Divine Decree, to RESIST God and His Christ. Meanwhile, back at the christian ranch, we have believers, day in and day out, trying to destroy each others, and we don't seem to be able to see what is really going on IN such, in those attempts. I look at Mark 4:15 and see exactly what is going on "in them."

Ephesians 6:
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Paul said the reason he was given a messenger of Satan to buffet him was: ...lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations

Anyone who recognizes sin is of the devil, 1 John 3:8, and we all have sin dwelling in our flesh, Romans 7:17-21, should be able to see the scriptural math here. IN the process they may actually stop trying to damn each others and turn to face the real culprit, themselves, and get knocked off their high horse of FLESHY pride in the process, JUST LIKE PAUL.

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
2 Corinthians 12:7

Why would all the Christians in the world be given a messenger of Satan to buffet them?

I can put it out in type, but it still won't be seen:

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

He, yes GOD, has purposefully placed us all in a position of NEED for His Mercy.

This is His Divine Superiority, in ACTION.
Or was the s condition unique to Paul ?

No, it was not. We, individually, each have our own wrestling match in the flesh with our adversary. In light of that fact I don't try to "save" that adversary, but expose and condemn same. And I expect the adversary to become provoked in the process, to show his ugly face, openly. And have seen it, many times.
Who is it that gives all the Christians in the world, a messenger of Satan to buffet them?

It happened with Adam in the garden and every flesh man since in the IDENTICAL way.

We have to realize that the dynamic tensions in the Word abide between TWO forces, unseen.

Gods Living Word, and the adversary that is made to RESIST the Living Word. What people make of it is quite irrelevant. It's just a fact.

Is Satan also moved by Gods Word? Yes. See Mark 4:15. Better yet, see what Job ran into.

When we do we learn to shut our mouths:

Job 42:
5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Every believer who has seen and heard God, will see, likewise. And they will see WHY if they pay attention.

When they do they will see their own dust accurately, and what comes out of IT:

Daniel 12:2
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Daniel 11:
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Last edited:
JESUS IS THE RESURRECTION.

THE FIRST RESURRECTION IS CHRIST.

All of those who are in Christ are part of the the first resurrection, the resurrection of Christ.

John 5:21
For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

The Son quickens whom he wills as part of the first resurrection, the resurrection of Christ, the first fruit from the dead. On these the second death has no power.
This makes a lot of sense.

Christ never mentioned two resurrections, but only two divisions of those to eternal life and those to damnation. What some are missing in John 5:28,29 is the word "all" as everyone shall come forth from their graves after hearing the voice of Jesus as some will go forth to everlasting life with the Father and others will go forth to damnation.

Rev 19:1-6 begins with all those in heaven as they are rejoicing as God will have judged the great whore and destroys her in the end of days as even now she is corrupting the earth an causes much blood shed as she persecutes the saints of God to death. Rev 19:7-10 comes the timing of the marriage of the Lamb as the whore of Babylon and her city will have been destroyed and all those who are Christ asleep in the grave and alive at His coming have prepared themselves for the marriage of the Lamb as they being His Bride will sup with Him for eternity. Rev 19:7-9 mentions nothing of us being caught up to Him yet, but to us it will be granted that we being the Bride should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

The events that follow after heaven rejoices starting with Rev 19:11-21 is that Jesus returns with his army of warring angels (not the saints of God) from heaven that follow Him, as Jesus will then destroy the beast and false prophet casting them into the lake of fire and then will strike dead the remnant by the words of His mouth as the remnant are those who the beast uses to rule evil over the nations. Christ then sends an angel to bind Satan for a 1000 years so he can no longer deceive the nations (people) anymore until he is set loose for a time. A 1000 years in Rev 20 is not literal years, but only symbolic of a certain period of time as nowhere else in scripture does it mention a literal 1000 year reign of Christ here on earth, but symbolic as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

Rev 20:4-15 during this time of Satan being bound comes the resurrection of all, (as all means saints and those who are not of faith in God), who are asleep in the ground will hear the voice of Christ calling them to come forth as some will be resurrected to eternal life with the Father and others to damnation, John 5:28,29, 1Corinthians 15:51-58; 1Thessalonians 1:1-10; 4:13-18. When we are given our new glorified bodies Jesus will gather us to Him like a mother hen gathers her chicks under her wings for protection, Matthew 23:34-39. Satan will be loosed for a short time to go out and deceive the nations by gathering all those who are still alive that have rejected Christ and then sends them to attack the camp of the saints, but God sends fire down from heaven and to devour them. Satan is then cast into the lake of fire followed by those who stand in Gods Great White Throne judgment and as their names are not written in the book of life will then be cast into the lake of fire and remembered no more.

Every believer has a thorn in the flesh. Every unbeliever has a thorn in the flesh.

Please show the scripture that teaches us... "every" believer has a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to buffet them.

JLB

This makes a lot of sense.

Since we are discussing the resurrection from the dead, then the first prerequisite is for a person to have died, in order for their physical body to be resurrected from the dead.

The second is the coming of the Lord.

All the dead in Christ, will be resurrected from the dead, at His coming.

This is the first resurrection.

JLB

this is my explanation of the Resurrection .ya all can argue back and forth all day i am like the song kenny hinson sang call me gone watch this video

Please show the scripture that teaches us... "every" believer has a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to buffet them.

JLB

We are certainly advised not to let "them" over run us:

Hebrews 6:
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

JLB
but we all do Satan knows what sets us up i say it this way the message of Satan aka the battering rams of hell

We are certainly advised not to let "them" over run us:

Hebrews 6:
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

This scripture doesn't say all Christians have a messenger of Satan in their flesh.

Paul was given a messenger of Satan to buffet him, because of the abundance of his revelations, lest he become exalted above measure.

What would be the reason other Christians are given a messenger of Satan to buffet them?

All Christians haven't been given an abundance of revelations like Paul.

Paul wrote the New Testament and is unique, as is the condition of being given a messenger of Satan to buffet him.

You have taken a unique condition of Paul, and misapplied it to all Christians.

Now you have taken another scripture that has the word thorn in it, and are attempting to twist it's meaning to attempt to validate the idea that all Christians have messengers of Satan in their flesh as well.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.
Hebrews 6:4-8

This passage from Hebrews teaches us that those who have the Holy Spirit, then later turn away from Christ, back to the law, because of persecution, which is compared to the earth having received the rain of heaven, and producing thorns and briers, will end up being burned... Since there is no way to renew them to repentance again.

Producing thorns is metaphorical language for producing unrighteousness.

This certainly doesn't teach us that a messenger of Satan is in all Chritians flesh.

JLB

This scripture doesn't say all Christians have a messenger of Satan in their flesh.

Paul was given a messenger of Satan to buffet him, because of the abundance of his revelations, lest he become exalted above measure.

What would be the reason other Christians are given a messenger of Satan to buffet them?

All Christians haven't been given an abundance of revelations like Paul.

Paul wrote the New Testament and is unique, as is the condition of being given a messenger of Satan to buffet him.

You have taken a unique condition of Paul, and misapplied it to all Christians.

Now you have taken another scripture that has the word thorn in it, and are attempting to twist it's meaning to attempt to validate the idea that all Christians have messengers of Satan in their flesh as well.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.
Hebrews 6:4-8

This passage from Hebrews teaches us that those who have the Holy Spirit, then later turn away from Christ, back to the law, because of persecution, which is compared to the earth having received the rain of heaven, and producing thorns and briers, will end up being burned... Since there is no way to renew them to repentance again.

Producing thorns is metaphorical language for producing unrighteousness.

This certainly doesn't teach us that a messenger of Satan is in all Chritians flesh.

JLB
its all in how you look at it

Paul wasn't given the "thorn in the flesh", a messenger of Satan to buffet him, until after the abundance of the revelations he was given, lest he be exalted above measure.

2 Corinthians 12:7-9
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

There is no indication that Paul was given the thorn in his flesh after he received the abundance of the revelations, actually it is quite the opposite. The thorn was given so he would not be exalted above measure as he was receiving the abundance of the revelations. The thorn was already present in his flesh, he just wasn't aware of it until after he had received the abundance of the revelations. It was only after Paul had received the abundance of the revelations that he pleaded with the Lord to have it taken away; to which the Lord replied my Grace is sufficient for thee.

Again,
Thorn was already existed in Paul's flesh.
Paul receives abundance of revelations.
Paul becomes aware of thorn in his flesh.
Pleads with the Lord to have it removed.
Thorn to remain in flesh.

What would be the condition by which the rest of the Christians in the world would be given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger to buffet them?

Paul said the reason he was given a messenger of Satan to buffet him was: ...lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations

By your position then I must assume that you have not received the abundance of the revelations that Paul received and wrote about in the Epistles of Paul. So why would someone who has not received the abundance of the same revelation found in Paul writings spend so much time trying to declare to others what Paul said?

Why would all the Christians in the world be given a messenger of Satan to buffet them?

The answer to this question is found in the very same passages of the scripture.

2 Corinthian 12:7-10
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Matthew 13:3-9
And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth:and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 13:18-23
Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while:for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

The thorn in the flesh causes the word of the kingdom to be choked out by the cares of the world. Among these cares of the world that chokes out the word of the kingdom is Sin in the Flesh under the law. The thorn always trying to bring you back to the carnal mind to glory in the flesh.

In the parable of the trees in the book of Judges, it was the Bramble who was chosen king (Judges 9:8-15).

And last but not least, Jesus was given a crown of thorns (Matthew 27:29).

Matthew 13:3-9
And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth:and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 13:18-23
Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while:for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
Did you notice three places the seed (Word) took root, but one did not? Three different types of believer.

Fell by the way side = Unbelievers (goat)
Good ground = faithful servant (rapture)
Among thorns = lukewarm (martyr)
Stony places = falls away (sheep)

its all in how you look at it

"It's all how you look at it'... would be the doctrine of post modernism, which says truth is relative to each person's ideology, or perception, or culture.

That is the progressive mindset.

Here is the truth:

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

as opposed to:

He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

The devil can not touch those who keep themselves.

We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. 1 John 5:18

JLB

Since we are discussing the resurrection from the dead, then the first prerequisite is for a person to have died, in order for their physical body to be resurrected from the dead.

It appears to me that you completely misunderstand the resurrection of the dead. If you believe that it is a prerequisite for a person to have physically died before they can be physically resurrected from the dead, then you know nothing of the power of God and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and your understanding of death is purely carnal in nature. Your position that a person must physically die first simply does not line up with what Paul teaches us in the scriptures. Where is the prerequisite for a physical death found in this passage?

Romans 8:9-11
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

This is the resurrection of Christ. And right there is your only prerequisite: If Christ be in you. If the Spirit of Christ is in you, then the body is dead because of sin, but our mortal bodies are made alive by the Spirit of Christ that dwelleth in you, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. We exist at this very moment by the resurrection of Christ: Some called forth in the resurrection to life, and many called forth to damnation. If you are lead of the flesh, then you are subject to the resurrection of damnation. If you are lead of the Spirit, then you have found the resurrection to life.

Galatians 2:19-21
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

This is the resurrection of the dead. This is the resurrection of Christ. This is the first resurrection, on such the second death hath no power.
Christ is the first death, and the first resurrection, the consuming fire is the second death.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Hebrews 6:1-2
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Seems as though Paul is saying in order to move on to perfection, then we should move on from the first principles, among them being the resurrection of the dead. If the resurrection from the dead does not happen until after the physical body dies and returns to the dust from whence it came, then why would Paul instruct you to move on from the resurrection of the dead and of eternal judgement?

"It's all how you look at it'... would be the doctrine of post modernism, which says truth is relative to each person's ideology, or perception, or culture.

That is the progressive mindset.

Here is the truth:

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

as opposed to:

He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

The devil can not touch those who keep themselves.

We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. 1 John 5:18

JLB
the messenger of Satan was not all physical but also it was a thorn in the flesh .it was a hindrance sent to him. so you think satan can not hinder you? many think the thorn was in his eyes i disagree with that. while it may be part of it imo it was all those who came against him. have you not ever had opposition when you stood for right? i have many times the messenger was sent to buffet him. not kill him although they tried .
as i said in another post the battering rams of hell came against him. if you say the devil does not bother you at all. then there is a good possibility he has you in check mate!!! maybe my post was mistaken i dunno . the more we study and the more we put into practice by faith. the more satan will have a message " give up its not going to work". i have had to leave churches I WAS PASTOR AT SIMPLY BECAUSE SOME listened to the message of Satan.

yes it was a thorn in my flesh and yes i asked God to remove it. he chose not to or most likely they would not listen to God. But GOD final word to paul was my grace is sufficient {“My grace is sufficient for you, for power ij is perfected in weakness.”} paul received the message from GOD his revelation was this {Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses,

so that Christ’s power may reside in me. 10 So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ.l For when I am weak, then I am strong.}
we are tested every day. can i say that i am like paul in pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. ( not really } i just do my best get up dust my self off and go at it again

what this has to do with 2 resurrections i have no idea

Chapter 12

Sufficient Grace

1 Boasting is necessary. It is not profitable, but I will move on to visions a and revelations of the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who was caught up into the third heaven 14 years ago. Whether he was in the body or out of the body, I don’t know, God knows. 3 I know that this man —whether in the body or out of the body I don’t know,God knows— 4 was caught up into paradise.d He heard inexpressible words, which a man is not allowed to speak. 5 I will boast about this person, but not about myself, except of my weaknesses. 6 For if I want to boast, I will not be a fool, because I will be telling the truth.e But will spare you, so that no one can credit me with something beyond what he sees in me or hears from me, 7 especially because of the extraordinary revelations. Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, athorn in the fleshf was given to me, a messenger of Satan torment me so I would not exalt myself. 8 Concerning this, I pleadedwith the Lord three times to take it away from me. 9 But He said tome, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power ij is perfected in weakness.” k Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me. 10 So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ.l For when I am weak, then I am strong.

It appears to me that you completely misunderstand the resurrection of the dead. If you believe that it is a prerequisite for a person to have physically died before they can be physically resurrected from the dead, then you know nothing of the power of God and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and your understanding of death is purely carnal in nature. Your position that a person must physically die first simply does not line up with what Paul teaches us in the scriptures. Where is the prerequisite for a physical death found in this passage?

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep...lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
1 Thessalonians 4:13
  • Paul doesn't want you or I to be ignorant, brother, concerning those who have fallen asleep, which means physically died.
  • There were those who misunderstood about the resurrection of the dead, as they were in distress and sorrow for their loved ones who had died, not understanding that they would see them again. Paul explains, that just because their loved ones had died and were buried, their loved ones were with the Lord in heaven and would return with Him, at His coming, and they would again be reunited.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 4:14

• Since Jesus has died and risen again, now all saints who die, go to be with Him in heaven.
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

• Paul explains that the dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them, and thus all will be reunited with their loved ones, in Christ.
  • Paul teaches these things to comfort those who were grieving and in anguish about their loved ones who had physically died, and to teach them about those who will be alive at the coming of the Lord.
  • The context is set at the coming of the Lord, and involves those who have physically died, as well as those who are alive and remain, at His coming, in which all those who are His will be caught up together, in the air to be with Him.

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:20-23

... in Christ all shall be made alive, at His coming.

• Every single person who is in Christ, and has died, will be resurrected from the dead, at His coming... on the last Day.

And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40

• Since Christ Himself has been raised from the dead, and is seated in heavenly places, we also who are in Him have been raised with Him, to be seated with Him in heavenly places, since we are joined with Him, spirit to Spirit.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:18

• This however is different than being resurrected from the dead, in that our physical bodies that have died will be resurrected from the dead. Those who are Christ's, are one Spirit with Him and are joined to Him spiritually, now, not physically.

JLB

the messenger of Satan was not all physical but also it was a thorn in the flesh

The messenger of Satan was a pharisee like Paul, who was sent from Jerusalem by Satan, and was a false apostle, who went behind Paul to hinder Paul in raising up Churches among the Gentiles, by teaching these gentiles they must become circumcised and keep the law of Moses, to be saved.

Apostle means "sent".

This false apostle, who was sent by Satan, just as Paul was sent by Jesus Christ as a true apostle, and carried the true Gospel, likewise the false apostle sent by Satan carried "another" gospel, which was designed to stop Paul's progress, by causing him to come back to those Churches and spend more time "undoing" the damage this false gospel had done.

Paul explains this in the previous chapter, 2 Corinthians 11.

12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:12-15

This actually worked together for good, for Paul, since he was "hardwired" towards the law as a Pharisee of Pharisee's, Paul was forced to build with Christ, and Him crucified, rather than the wisdom God had given him, about the old testament, and the revelations about Christ and the Church found in those scriptures. Paul had fervently wanted to teach these things to his countrymen after the flesh, the Hebrews, since all this would make no since to the unlearned Gentiles. This worked out for good, since God had intended for Paul to rely on the Holy Spirit rather than his vast knowledge of the scriptures, so that...that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

JLB

Back