Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Understanding the Two Resurrections

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The messenger of Satan was a pharisee like Paul, who was sent from Jerusalem by Satan, and was a false apostle, who went behind Paul to hinder Paul in raising up Churches among the Gentiles, by teaching these gentiles they must become circumcised and keep the law of Moses, to be saved.

Apostle means "sent".

This false apostle, who was sent by Satan, just as Paul was sent by Jesus Christ as a true apostle, and carried the true Gospel, likewise the false apostle sent by Satan carried "another" gospel, which was designed to stop Paul's progress, by causing him to come back to those Churches and spend more time "undoing" the damage this false gospel had done.

Paul explains this in the previous chapter, 2 Corinthians 11.

12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:12-15

This actually worked together for good, for Paul, since he was "hardwired" towards the law as a Pharisee of Pharisee's, Paul was forced to build with Christ, and Him crucified, rather than the wisdom God had given him, about the old testament, and the revelations about Christ and the Church found in those scriptures. Paul had fervently wanted to teach these things to his countrymen after the flesh, the Hebrews, since all this would make no since to the unlearned Gentiles. This worked out for good, since God had intended for Paul to rely on the Holy Spirit rather than his vast knowledge of the scriptures, so that...that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

JLB

Buffet - Strong's G2852 - kolaphizō

1. to strike with the fist, give one a blow with the fist
  2. to maltreat, treat with violence and contumely
Physical mistreatment from another person.

This buffeting came from other human beings.

Example:

19 Then Jews from Antioch and Iconium came there; and having persuaded the multitudes, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead. 20 However, when the disciples gathered around him, he rose up and went into the city. And the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe. Acts 14:19-20

JLB

The messenger of Satan was a pharisee like Paul,
where does it say this..although it really does not matter as it was a message from satan This false apostle, possible but i don't see that . what i see is groups .yes paul dealt with people on individual bases { false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:12-15} yes note the false apostles and yes satn him self is transformed into an angel of light. your missing the point what was the message of satan? (to device } purpose { to hinder to buffet } why did God allow this ?to strengthen him what did paul learn ? take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ.l For when I am weak, then I am strong.

• to strike with the fist, give one a blow with the fist
    • to maltreat, treat with violence and contumely

Example:

19 Then Jews from Antioch and Iconium came there; and having persuaded the multitudes, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead. 20 However, when the disciples gathered around him, he rose up and went into the city. And the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe. Acts 14:19-20

JLB
{
ezra said:
the messenger of Satan was not all physical but also it was a thorn in the flesh} i failed to finish this physical and spiritual Ephesians 6:12 the physical all the beatings stripes paul got while preaching the spiritual the emotions paul had to be going through possibly thinking what next. he was human we all have those feeling

• to strike with the fist, give one a blow with the fist
    • to maltreat, treat with violence and contumely

Example:

JLB
nobody ever denied this

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep...lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
1 Thessalonians 4:13
  • Paul doesn't want you or I to be ignorant, brother, concerning those who have fallen asleep, which means physically died.
  • There were those who misunderstood about the resurrection of the dead, as they were in distress and sorrow for their loved ones who had died, not understanding that they would see them again. Paul explains, that just because their loved ones had died and were buried, their loved ones were with the Lord in heaven and would return with Him, at His coming, and they would again be reunited.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 4:14

• Since Jesus has died and risen again, now all saints who die, go to be with Him in heaven.
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

• Paul explains that the dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them, and thus all will be reunited with their loved ones, in Christ.
  • Paul teaches these things to comfort those who were grieving and in anguish about their loved ones who had physically died, and to teach them about those who will be alive at the coming of the Lord.
  • The context is set at the coming of the Lord, and involves those who have physically died, as well as those who are alive and remain, at His coming, in which all those who are His will be caught up together, in the air to be with Him.
20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:20-23

... in Christ all shall be made alive, at His coming.

• Every single person who is in Christ, and has died, will be resurrected from the dead, at His coming... on the last Day.

And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40

• Since Christ Himself has been raised from the dead, and is seated in heavenly places, we also who are in Him have been raised with Him, to be seated with Him in heavenly places, since we are joined with Him, spirit to Spirit.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 1 Corinthians 6:18

• This however is different than being resurrected from the dead, in that our physical bodies that have died will be resurrected from the dead. Those who are Christ's, are one Spirit with Him and are joined to Him spiritually, now, not physically.

JLB

It seems to me that you play like a broken record, one with a large scratch and the needle get stuck just saying the same thing over and over again, irregardless of what has been shared or what scriptures have been presented. You just ignore it and continue on with your broken doctrine. So instead, if we are going to try and continue any form of reasonable dialogue on this subject, then I would expect that you would try and answer some of the questions that I asked you? So based upon the scriptures that I presented in my posts, please answer the following questions.

1. Where is the prerequisite for a physical death found in this passage?

Romans 8:9-11
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

2. In Hebrews 6:1-2, why does Paul tell us to leave behind the principles of Christ including the resurrection of the dead in order to move on unto perfection?

Last edited:
... in Christ all shall be made alive, at His coming.

If all shall be made alive at his coming, how were all made dead at Adam's going?

1 Cor 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

If one is required to believe in Christ in order to be saved, then by the same token, wouldn't they also have to then believe in Adam before they are condemned?

If all shall be made alive at his coming, how were all made dead at Adam's going?

1 Cor 15:22
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
If one is required to believe in Christ in order to be saved, then by the same token, wouldn't they also have to then believe in Adam before they are condemned?

That would be your "token".

Here is the context of 1 Corinthians 15 -

12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. 1 Corinthians 15:12-19

• In Adam all die, for through man {Adam] came sin, and therefore death spread to all mankind.

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned. Romans 5:12

• In Christ, comes the resurrection from the dead.
21 For since by man [Adam] came death, by Man [Christ] also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive [restore to life]. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:21-23

At the coming of the Lord, the dead in Christ will be resurrected, made alive again.

• The prerequisite for being resurrected from the dead, is to have died.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16

JLB

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16

Again, you have not addressed the scripture that I posted. Are you going to answer my question or not?

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

2. In Hebrews 6:1-2, why does Paul tell us to leave behind the principles of Christ including the resurrection of the dead in order to move on unto perfection?

Right here in this verse -

...he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies.

Quicken is "make alive" again or "restore to life" your physical body that was dead.

Christ Jesus was raised from the dead, as those who are His will also.

The dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive and remain, will be caught up together with them... 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

The prerequisite for being raised from the dead, is to have physically died.

It's not the prerequisite to be raised or raptured, but is the prerequisite to be raised from the dead.

JLB

Paul never says leave behind the principles of Christ, which would be heresy.

I suggest you find a different bible if that is what your says, which I doubt it is.

Please post the Chapter and verse, and the version you are reading.

Meanwhile I will post a scripture, concerning this.

The scripture is found in my footnote, but I will post it for you here from the NKJV.

9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds. 2 John 9-10

JLB

...he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies.

Quicken is "make alive" again or "restore to life" your physical body that was dead.

The dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive and remain, will be caught up together with them... 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

It's not the prerequisite to be raised or raptured, but is the prerequisite to be raised from the dead.

JLB

What does Paul mean if Christ be in you, then the body is dead because of sin? What does this have to do with a physical death?

JLB

Galatians 2:19-20
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ:nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

What does Paul mean the through the law he is dead do the law? Dead to the Law that he might live unto God. What does this have to do with a physical death?

What does Paul mean if Christ be in you, then the body is dead because of sin? What does this have to do with a physical death?

Yes brother, the body will certainly die because of sin, but that God we will be resurrected from the dead because...he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Quicken your mortal bodies means: bring back to life your dead mortal body.

Good grief brother, please just read the very scripture you yourself posted.

JLB

JLB

Colossians 3:1-3
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

How can you be risen with Christ if you have not physically died yet? By your doctrine, if this can not happen until your physical death, then you do declare that you are not yet dead in Christ, and therefore you are not yet risen in him either. How can I be dead in my sin according to the law and yet live in Christ? Why would I need to be hid in Christ after I physically die?

Galatians 2:19-20
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ:nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

What does Paul mean the through the law he is dead do the law? Dead to the Law that he might live unto God. What does this have to do with a physical death?

Nothing. I never used this scripture to teach the resurrection from the dead.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

Here are the scriptures I used.

12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching isempty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. 1 Corinthians 15:12-19

• In Adam all die, for through man {Adam] came sin, and therefore death spread to all mankind.

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned. Romans 5:12

• In Christ, comes the resurrection from the dead.
21 For since by man [Adam] came death, by Man [Christ] also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive [restore to life]. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who areChrist’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:21-23

At the coming of the Lord, the dead in Christ will be resurrected, made alive again.

JLB

Colossians 3:1-3
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

How can you be risen with Christ if you have not physically died yet? By your doctrine, if this can not happen until your physical death, then you do declare that you are not yet dead in Christ, and therefore you are not yet risen in him either. How can I be dead in my sin according to the law and yet live in Christ? Why would I need to be hid in Christ after I physically die?

I answered this from post 59.

here it is again.

• Since Christ Himself has been raised from the dead, and is seated in heavenly places, we also who are in Him have been raised with Him, to be seated with Him in heavenly places, since we are joined with Him, spirit to Spirit.

• This however is different than being resurrected from the dead, in that our physical bodies that have died will be resurrected from the dead. Those who are Christ's, are one Spirit with Him and are joined to Him spiritually, now, not physically.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep...lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
1 Thessalonians 4:13
  • Paul doesn't want you or I to be ignorant, brother, concerning those who have fallen asleep, which means physically died.
  • There were those who misunderstood about the resurrection of the dead, as they were in distress and sorrow for their loved ones who had died, not understanding that they would see them again. Paul explains, that just because their loved ones had died and were buried, their loved ones were with the Lord in heaven and would return with Him, at His coming, and they would again be reunited.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 4:14

• Since Jesus has died and risen again, now all saints who die, go to be with Him in heaven.
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

• Paul explains that the dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them, and thus all will be reunited with their loved ones, in Christ.
  • Paul teaches these things to comfort those who were grieving and in anguish about their loved ones who had physically died, and to teach them about those who will be alive at the coming of the Lord.
  • The context is set at the coming of the Lord, and involves those who have physically died, as well as those who are alive and remain, at His coming, in which all those who are His will be caught up together, in the air to be with Him.

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man camedeath, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 1 Corinthians 15:20-23

... in Christ all shall be made alive,at His coming.

• Every single person who is in Christ, and has died, will be resurrected from the dead, at His coming... on the last Day.

And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40

JLB

You say the body will certainly die because of sin. The scripture on the other hand declares the the body is already dead because of sin.

Do you doubt that people physically die?

The physical body will die, then be resurrected from the dead.

This death entered the human race through Adam.

the exception is those who are alive and remain, will be physically transformed, and will not experience death in the typical sense but will certainly be changed and have have an immortal body, like the dead in Christ, who are physically resurrected at His coming.

To me, the biggest thing I see with what you are saying is, you are not rightly dividing what we have now, in Christ, with what we will have at His coming.

JLB

Paul never says leave behind the principles of Christ, which would be heresy.

I suggest you find a different bible if that is what your says, which I doubt it is.

Please post the Chapter and verse, and the version you are reading.

I already posted the scripture. If you had actually bothered to read the scripture and comment that I had posted. But I don't really think your actually interested in having an actual discussion, or you would actually addressed the comment to the scriptures I have posted.

Hebrews 6:1-2
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection. Some translations have it as first principle, of founding principles, other might call it milk. But none the less, Paul says leaving these first principles of the doctrine of Christ, lest us go on unto perfection.

Not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward god.
Not laying again the foundation of the doctrines of baptisms and of the laying on of hands.
Not laying again the foundation of the resurrection of the dead and of eternal judgement.

Seems to me when the scripture plainly states "leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ", your statement of heresy is unfounded and uncalled for.

Nothing. I never used this scripture to teach the resurrection from the dead.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

Here are the scriptures I used.

I do not have you mixed up with someone else, and I never said that you used this scripture the teach the resurrection from the dead. It was I who brought in the scripture from Romans 8:9-11 as part of the discussion on the resurrection from the dead, and it was I who asked you to comment on this scripture as it pertains to the resurrection from the dead. Paul writes "If Christ be in me, then I am dead because of sin" To this I asked you what this scripture had to do with a physical death.

If you are as one trying to teach the resurrection of the dead, then you should first listen to the comments and questions of those your trying to teach. If you have never used this scripture to teach on the resurrection from the dead, why not? How does this scripture and the plethora of other scriptures like it in the epistles represent of define the first resurrection, the resurrection of Christ?

I find little in the doctrine that you teach to have anything to do with the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the First Resurrection, but rather you sole focus on the resurrection of your physically dead body tells me you await the resurrection at the second death, when the Lord shall return in the glory of the Father. Do you know what the glory of the Father look like? A cloud of fire. A consuming fire. A lake of fire. The Glory of the Father.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back