Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you think of Seventh-Day Adventists??

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
G

garrettms1

im just wondering what everyone's opinion of different religions are!!

Well for the most part I think that religons are man made tradtions and ritualls that he is trying to get to God by.

However I do not beleive that being a christian is a religon, because it is not rituals and such that we do but he who came did something for us, instead of us trying to get to him, he came o us.

And you can actually personally know and have a relationship with the Lord, he is alive after all.

Now having said that I do think that there are many with int hte church who have religon, that is they do not know Jesus they just follow rituals and traditions tryng to get to God, this is in every gathering, even the ones with the best biblical doctrines.

And to add I also believe that other groups who call them selves christians, but are following a religon. That is they work for there salvation and trust in Jesus to a point but not all the way, lest they would not work for it.

As for the SDA they are a great bunch of people, some of whom I am sure love the Lord. However there doctrine is not biblical and they work hard for salvation.

That is my thought

could you tell me what parts of it you don't consider biblical??

Well there are many parts that I would question, however I am not prepaired at this time to address them.

One thing that does bother me is the teaching of th cleansing of the temple, and the deal were they say that anyone who goes to church on Sunday has the mark of the beast.

Anyways perhaps I should at this point ask you what your faith is.

Henry said:
"As for the SDA they are a great bunch of people, some of whom I am sure love the Lord. However there doctrine is not biblical and they work hard for salvation."

Not all of their doctine, just some of it. I have been reading up a little on 'Investigative Judgment'. I have also been reading about Ellen G. White. It seems some of her comtemporaries have been debunking her. All in all, put aside some of their more obscure doctrines and you have yourself just another group of Evangelicals.

where do you get the part that those who go to church on Sunday have the mark of the beast??

Vicjr said:
put aside some of their more obscure doctrines and you have yourself just another group of Evangelicals.
What obscure doctrine??

"What obscure doctrine??"

I mentioned one in my first post. Investigative Judgement. Henry mentioned one in his, when he mentioned the seventh day sabbath. The belief is that seventh day worship is conditional to salvation. Where have you been? We have beaten this subject to death?

I'd like to paraphrase Henry's question to you. Did you ask your original question because you are curious or because you are a SDA ?

im an SDA and i like to know what people think about other religions my next question will be on lutherans(next week)and im open-minded to other viewpoints/religions and i DONT believe that any1 who worships on Sunday has the mark of the beast but i DO believe they aren't worshipping on the right day!!the roman catholics changed it and most protestants still worship on Sunday the mark of the beast has NOTHING to do with sunday worship other than the fact that during the great tribulation at the end before christ's 2nd coming the state will force every1 to keep sunday(among other things but thats the biggest part)in order to stop plagues because anti-christ will tell them that is how they will be stopped but that's in the future not present day!!

Thank you for clearing that up and answering my question. Though I'm a little confused. You said the anti-christ will force Sunday worship to stop plagues. Where might I find that in the Bible?

Ellen G. White said that all who worship on Sunday have the mark of the beast.

It was not added by the catholics, that is the same old cop out, we worship on Sunday because that is the day that JEsus came out of the grave.

Besides, if you think that you have to keep any part of the law you have to keep it all, and you certainly can not do that no one can.

Anyways, I think I'll dig up my research on the SDA and get seom facts together so I can address these issues better.

But to be sure the sabbath is not a day, you should read he book of hebrews, the sabbath is resting in God, and the book of hebrews says, the work is done now take your rest in Jesus.

Anyways take good look at the book of hebrews, the it gets deap as to the real meaning of the sabbath.

WHEN DID SCRIPTURE SAY TO WORSHIP GOD JESUS ON SUNDAY!?!?!sry bout gettin to u ther vitz im still lookin it up ur might be right there but saturday is still the right day i got enough scripture to back it up:):):)

There is an excellent, excellent video available on this very subject from Jeremiah Films. It's called Seventh-Day Adventists: The Spirit Behind the Church. Definitely worth having.

Henry said:
Ellen G. White said that all who worship on Sunday have the mark of the beast.

OK: Henry, seeing that this is your above remark, (post) give the statement of the remark in documented print, OK? ---Thanks! John

Vicjr said:
Thank you for clearing that up and answering my question. Though I'm a little confused. You said the anti-christ will force Sunday worship to stop plagues. Where might I find that in the Bible?

Hi Vicjr,
let me ask you one, do you believe all of the bible?---John

Yes I do. I asked a question, that's all. I'm not disputing anything. I just need to know where it says that in the Bible. Verbatim. :biggrin

Steve said:
There is an excellent, excellent video available on this very subject from Jeremiah Films. It's called Seventh-Day Adventists: The Spirit Behind the Church. Definitely worth having.

Stevie, '.. excellent, excellent ... Definitely worth having' you say?
Say's who??? Christ or 's'atan?
---John

Vicjr said:
Yes I do. I asked a question, that's all. I'm not disputing anything. I just need to know where it says that in the Bible. Verbatim. :biggrin

Get the chip off off your post, ok? That is what i wanted to know also, if you believed the bible?

You came around as being 'confussed' you said, to the poor poster?? (poking fun?) You know better than tell me that! And then you say, VERBATIM? Like the Bible tells one verbatim facts?? 1 John 4:6 & 1 Cor. 2:14 last part of verse, & 1 Cor. 14:32 are hardly verbatum, huh? Or 2 Tim. 3:16, and Matt. 4:4!

No vicjr, it sounded more like the person was the target? (that also has a question mark)
---John

Sorry you took it that way. It wasn't intended to be anything other than a question and the poster didn't take it that way either. It you had read my first post you would have seen I was being unbiased. Or are you offended that I called the SDA evangelical?

I will look at your verses in the morning. Right now I am very tired.

Be still............. :angel:

Vic

vic is really nice guy(or gal??)who wants to know truth that's all sry vit couldn't "be still"

Back