Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do you think of Seventh-Day Adventists??

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The S.D.A's?

Can any SDA advise of any SDA sites where they actually allow their beliefs to be tested and welcome examination?

So far I have only discovered one site where you are not allowed to discuss unless you PAY to join up?

It has always been my experience to date that the SDA's are a very secretive group who much like the J. W's, avoid examination in fear of their erroneous teachings being exposed.

I would welcome any SDA to discuss with me their beliefs and attempt to support them in an open and mutually friendly manner?

garrettms1 wrote:
WHEN DID SCRIPTURE SAY TO WORSHIP GOD JESUS ON SUNDAY!?!?!

It is commonly taken that the first day of the week is Sunday. Stated in the gospels is the resurrection of Jesus was on the first day of the week. (Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, John 20).

Early in the church, people were gathering on the first day of the week. Acts 20:7(RSV):
On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the morrow; and he prolonged his speech until midnight.

Vicjr said:
Sorry you took it that way. It wasn't intended to be anything other than a question and the poster didn't take it that way either. It you had read my first post you would have seen I was being unbiased. Or are you offended that I called the SDA evangelical?

I will look at your verses in the morning. Right now I am very tired.

Be still............. :angel:

Vic

:fadein: Offended? No way. You can call Adventist whatever your heart desires as far as i am concerned. You know me, i would most likely attack the post if i thought that it was meaningful to do so? Just not the person such as you, for we cannot read minds, huh? (or growth)

I do question ones integrity posting information that is slanted to their favor, while not knowing of its true content, or knowing that it has error in it, and still use it to influence others?? I am talking of my personal spiritual integrity, also. It seems to [me] that any Christian could see that God forbids the closeness of, or perhaps evil even, in association with known or suspected falsehood? Kind of like driving the get away car but not taking part in the crime??

What do you make of the inspiration in Rev. 18:4? I use the verse in a number of different forums & it seems that the verse just as well might not have been printed, as far as any [thought] of interest is mentioned.

---John

-----Seventh-day Adventists----

What do i think of S.D.A.? Well, I do not know all of the 13 million Adventists world wide! Nor can 'i' read any ones heart or motives! (Nor do i desire to!) The Wheat & Tares grow together, right? The other thing that one can read, is that of OPEN SIN. Seen, printed or documented. But perhaps the question was intended to ask what does one think about their DOCTRINE??

Well now, in Christ's day, He came unto His OWN. (can any here twist that? just wondering? from 27-34 AD) In Matt. 10 He tell His diciples by COMMANDMENT to not go unto any one else! (verse 5-6) And in Matt. 25 Christ says in verse 1 that the Kingdom of heaven shall be likened to 10 Virgins. Well then, there was rebellion in heaven, yet most woud agree perhaps that the GodHead had Virgin Doctines at least? So did Israel of old!

Hay, even that prophet calls Israel VIRGIN! He said that.. 'The Virgin of Israel is fallen.' Amos 5:2. Fallen, but still had VIRGIN DOCTRINES, huh?

It seems that Christ being a TRUE OFFSHOOT of Israel, & seeing that He had followers OUTSIDE of Israel, (from Israel) that He would still have Virgin Doctrines :fadein:. And that He would tell His church to keep them? And ALL of His New Denomination were from ex/Israel, and had been already taught Virgin Truth! (see Rom. 2)

And Christ told them in Matt. 23:3
"[ALL THEREFORE WHATSOEVER THEY BID YOU OBSERVE, THAT OBSERVE AND DO. BUT DO NOT AFTER THEIR WORKS: FOR THEY SAY, AND DO NOT.]" The problem is not seen as their Virgin Doctrines.

Well, about Adventists now? Let me shorten this up!? I am going to say that they, both, the VIRGIN DOCTRINES & the people are the EXACT same as Virgin Israel of old! So i agree with the Word of God! :fadein: And as plain & simple as God said it, i BELIEVE IT!

Read Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15! Or can God be BELIEVED & TRUSTED?
Or is the problem that we are brain d-e-a-d :robot:'s??

OK: a little more. Christ gives the John 10:16 TRUTH! And His Word gives the Rev. 18:4 TRUTH! There are some GOOD [SAVED TO BE] SAINTS that will prove there FAITH with OBEYING Rev. 18:4. Now, the question begs asking, if Adventist's are the True Virgin FOLD, (WHICH THEIR DOCTRINE IS) who are these in Rev. 17:5?
"... BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF [HARLOTS] AND A [ABOMINATION OF THE EARTH]."

---John

Jim said:
It is commonly taken that the first day of the week is Sunday. Stated in the gospels is the resurrection of Jesus was on the first day of the week. (Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, John 20).

Early in the church, people were gathering on the first day of the week. Acts 20:7(RSV):
On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the morrow; and he prolonged his speech until midnight.

That text says the first day because Paul preached until MIDNIGHT of Saturday meaning it was past sunset making him begin preaching Saturday night and finish at midnight on the first day!! Christ nor God ever said that Christ being ressurected on the first day made it the sabbath!!

"And they,continuing DAILY with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart"Acts 2:46

This means that they broke their read not only on Sabbath but on ALL days!!

That text says the first day because Paul preached until MIDNIGHT of Saturday meaning it was past sunset making him begin preaching Saturday night and finish at midnight on the first day!! Christ nor God ever said that Christ being ressurected on the first day made it the sabbath!!

Garrett,

Using their timetable, if it was past sunset, then it wasn't Saturday anymore, since their day ended at sunset. Or are you suggesting that they still called it the seventh day AND the first day at the same time? You can't have it both ways. The Bible says, "On the first day of the week". Either it was the first day of the week of the Bible is wrong. What is your belief on this?

It started as the 7th day but then became the 1st when Paul continued preaching past sunset i was just trying to show jim there that Saturday is the right day to worship upon!!

In my own humble opinion Christ freEs us from the Law but that does not warrant blantantly defying what the Law says to do. Once you are born again it is just not congruent with scripture to go and murder someone once a week. It is the same with the Seventh Day. I do not see why this is such a problem. Is it not better to play it safe and worship on the day that God originally intended us to. Christ rose on Sunday so does that warrant a total revision of the ten commandments. The Law of God is unchangeable and although I don't consider myself an Adventist I do think I am begining to come around to the idea of being a SEVENTH DAY CHRISTIAN.

Go to Church on Sunday but you should rest on Saturday. So ultimetaly for Sunday worshippers you could get two lazy days. :lol: :lol: :lol:

soma do u believe in christ coming back to our planet to take us to heaven??

soma do u believe in christ coming back to our planet to take us to heaven??

Let me put it this way... I really, really, really hope so. Personally I don't want to die and if I just happen to be in the right place at the right time and Christ comes for His sheep than HOORAY!! The rapture is something of a real debate and I beleive it to not be of the upmost imporatance. Ultimately as Christians the thing to worry about is witnessing the message of the cross to others and the Absolute Truth that is found only in God's Word.

if you believe in christ's return you r an adventist!! i dont believe in the rapture though....
"For the Lord himself willdescend from heavenwith a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first"I Thessalonians 3:10
Doesn't sound like a "Secret Rapture" now does it??

The Sabbath

And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment. 24:1 Now upon the first [day] of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain [others] with them (Luke 23:56 - 24: 1) KJS

So we see that the Women rested on the Sabbath Day which actually commences (according to the Hebrew Calendar) at 6 pm our present day time on Friday evening and ends at 6 pm Saturday evening. (Luke 23:56) KJS

Then in Luke 24: 1 we see that the First Day of the Week commenced at Saturday evening 6 pm and the Women came during the early daylight hours of the first day of the week (Our current Sunday morning) which would end the Hebrew First Day of the Week at 6 pm on our present day Sunday.

The Hebrew Calendar is based upon - And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Gen. 1: 5) KJS

The reader should notice thus, that the "evening" commences the beginning of the Hebrew Day (It is reversed with us i.e. the Roman Calendar)

Garrett, I believe you meant 4:16. :wink: Plus, you might want to include the next verse...it completes the message.
1 Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
There is your rapture. But you correct...it is not a secret, He is telling us it will happen, just as He does in Matthew, starting at 24:39. He doesn't tell us the exact time and date though. Maybe that is the secret. :wink:
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Soma said:
Go to Church on Sunday but you should rest on Saturday. So ultimetaly for Sunday worshippers you could get two lazy days.
A good point and one that I have entertained for some time now. I'm starting to believe the key is not which day you worship, since I worship corporately twice a week, but which day you set aside to rest in the Lord and His word. Which is basically what I do each Saturday anyway. Phones don't ring, beeper rarely goes off, etc. I do most of my studying and Bible reading in the evenings and on Saturdays. Sundays have become just too busy. Church in the morning, followed by some sort of comittee meeting, then shopping, laundry................. :roll: .
LOL, sorry for rambling. 8)

yes but what i meant it is not the rapture like in the left behind series where they dissapear ooohhh spooky :robot:

I agree. I believe the Lord will announce Himself first, then take us out of here. Just like it says in Thessalonians.

*come quickly, Lord Jesus*

AGREEANCE!!and dont wry im still looking for that other text......

If you notice God is always LOUD and does not disguise His works or comings and goings. Yes I beleive that it will be an obvious event attributed to God and everyone will be aware of it.

then you are a seventh-day adventist soma!!you believe in His coming and the seventh-day!!you just may not believe in other doctrine!!!

Back