Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Can’t lose Grace?

Matt 24:13 he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Luke 21:19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

Colossians 2:5
For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

Jn 15:1-5 abide in Christ

John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

Galatians 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

1 Thessalonians 3:5
For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain.

1 Timothy 2:15
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Heb 1:14 shall be heirs of salvation

Romans 1:5
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
(Must remain obedient)

(He who endured to the end) one who dies in a state of grace united to Jesus Christ by faith and baptism!
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 1 pet 3:21
Matt 24:13

Can’t lose your salvation while still in this world:

Acts 1: 18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Jn 15:1-5 abide

Matt 24:12 endure

For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end.

Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

Galatians 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

James 5:19-20: the wandered brother
Nice compilation.
How many verses do you think it would take to convince anyone?
I've been here 9 years and have listed very very many many verses to no avail.

What I hate is that someone might be reading along that thinks he can do whatever he wishes to -even live a life of sin - and it won't make any difference to God.

All Jesus spoke of and taught was our obedience to God and our behavior toward our neighbor.

Love seems to be the central theme of the NT.
If there's no love for God and man (and one's self) how could there be salvation?

Last edited:
I am unaware of anything in this regard,

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Those who do not remain in Christ, are no longer saved; they have become lost.

Here is how the scriptures instruct us to remain in Christ.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Here is how the scriptures instruct us to remain in Christ.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JLB
So please break it down for me .
If David's committing adultery , and murder , did not cause him to lose his salvation , what exactly does cause a person to lose their salvation ?
And be specific ?

2 Samuel 12:13

"And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die."

I am unaware of anything in this regard,
Today Jesus Warns against becoming or remaining unsaved.
He also may still be saying to the world's people, variously/groups,
"Unless you all (each) repent , you (sing or pl) (the ones who refuse )will all likewise perish."

My former GP used to believe. I asked him why he stopped.
He said he saw too "many things." Medical, no doubt.
If only someone had told him the truth ? (maybe someone did?)
Medical no doubt, deceived him as it does billions of people on earth. If they are taught that medical is right, and if they do not seek truth and keep seeking truth, then they are living continual in darkness, and
while God has mercy on whoever He chooses to, ....
He also hardens whoever He chooses to ....

If only someone had told him the truth ? (maybe someone did?)
Medical no doubt, deceived him as it does billions of people on earth. If they are taught that medical is right, and if they do not seek truth and keep seeking truth, then they are living continual in darkness, and
while God has mercy on whoever He chooses to, ....
He also hardens whoever He chooses to ....
I don't believe it was a matter of medical being right or wrong.
He meant that he saw too much suffering and needlessly so.
He saw too much pain, too many children get sick and die, the affect
on the families, etc.

Maybe he never really believed to begin with - I didn't know him that well.
My dentist is born again. He seems to be OK with seeing "too much".

When we have troubles/tragedy, whatever, we either get closer to God or
we abandon Him. It depends on whether or not we got ready for "life" before it happens.

Today Jesus Warns against becoming or remaining unsaved.
He also may still be saying to the world's people, variously/groups,
"Unless you all (each) repent , you (sing or pl) (the ones who refuse )will all likewise perish."
If David's committing adultery , and murder , did not cause him to lose his salvation , what exactly does cause a person to lose their salvation ?
And be specific ?

2 Samuel 12:13

"And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die."

Can’t lose Grace?
Jesus taught That salvation that comes from God, cannot be lost. Those who suggest salvation cannot be lost, do not understand the teaching of Jesus.
Matt 24:13 he who endures to the end shall be saved.
This is a true statement concerning God's elect. Those who endure to the end will be saved. Jesus told us already ,He will lose none.The elect perservere to the end.
Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
same thing, a statement of faith, those elected do endure.
Mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved.
This is a description of believers, believers believe and are baptized
Luke 21:19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
Yes indeed.
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Description of the elect.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Descriptive as all the elect do hold it to the end.
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Yes, of course he does.
Yes, continuance in the faith, is evidence of the faith.
You like the passages containing the "if". It is not contingent but certain.
For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ
Yes, he was encouraged as the elect saints persevered.

There are reprobates who commit apostasy, non elect reprobates.
Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"
yes, effort is required in the life of a believer, and shows the Spirit at work in Him.
They gathered with the wheat, but were tares, but a few verses later Paul speaks of the true elect;
But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

10For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

11And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

12That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back"
apostates

Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end
Perserverance of the saints
All the verses you list are just like these. Not one teaches a person had salvation and lost it.
Jesus was very clear in all places, He that believes, HAS LIFE ETERNAL.

Jesus taught That salvation that comes from God, cannot be lost. Those who suggest salvation cannot be lost, do not understand the teaching of Jesus.

This is a true statement concerning God's elect. Those who endure to the end will be saved. Jesus told us already ,He will lose none.The elect perservere to the end.

same thing, a statement of faith, those elected do endure.

This is a description of believers, believers believe and are baptized

Yes indeed.

Description of the elect.

Descriptive as all the elect do hold it to the end.

Yes, of course he does.

Yes, continuance in the faith, is evidence of the faith.

You like the passages containing the "if". It is not contingent but certain.

Yes, he was encouraged as the elect saints persevered.

There are reprobates who commit apostasy, non elect reprobates.

yes, effort is required in the life of a believer, and shows the Spirit at work in Him.

They gathered with the wheat, but were tares, but a few verses later Paul speaks of the true elect;
But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

10For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

11And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

12That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

apostates

Perserverance of the saints

All the verses you list are just like these. Not one teaches a person had salvation and lost it.
Jesus was very clear in all places, He that believes, HAS LIFE ETERNAL.
Excellent.

And be specific ?

They don't repent.

“Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17

• if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
  • But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

• And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church.

• But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

JLB

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:38-39

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

So exactly what does a person washed in the Blood of Christ need to do to require a repeat ?

And be specific ?
They don't repent.

JLB
David did not repent for a year until God finally sent Nathan to confront him with his sin .
Why was David's salvation not gone after a week , a month , 10 months of his failure to repent ?

2Sa 12:7
"And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel "

Where did this question originate ?
Or , perhaps what doctrine are you trying to justify ?
The question "originates" from the argument frequently made that a mediocre come & go salvation was the best that the God could do in sending His only begotten Son to die in our place.
An argument oft made, and just as often consistently void of specifics .
Inquiring hearts and minds want to know .
Don't you ?

So exactly what does a person washed in the Blood of Christ need to do to require a repeat ?

An argument oft made, and just as often consistently void of specifics .
Inquiring hearts and minds want to know .

Does Hebrews 10:26 mean that a believer can lose salvation?

Jun 8, 2022Answer. "For if we are willfully sinning after receiving the full knowledge of the truth,

there remains no more sacrifice concerning sins.".

i.e. no repeat...... gone forever..... lost.... as written.

Does Hebrews 10:26 mean that a believer can lose salvation?

Jun 8, 2022Answer. "For if we are willfully sinning after receiving the full knowledge of the truth,

there remains no more sacrifice concerning sins.".

i.e. no repeat...... gone forever..... lost.... as written.
Not at all
Many learn the truth that they are sinners and in need of salvation but would rather live in sin , and maybe be saved sometime later after they have had their fun.

Act 26:28
Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

JLB
A person can not " abide " in a place without ever having been there .
Jesus is speaking of those who profess His name but of whom He says " I never knew you" .
Judas is a prime example of who Jesus is speaking of here , a fraud who was never abiding in Christ to begin with.
Judas could not " remain" in Christ because he never was in Him

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back