Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What does Joyce Meyers teach?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Not at all. He was speaking to those who were placing themselves in the place of "gods" - that of judging others.

God steps into the midst of them and corrects them for not judging correctly - even though they claimed to be as "gods" in their judgement. Yet in the end, they themselves are found to be wicked.

No,that's the pharissees,and those levites.they did have power to do alot.
Did Jesus teach us to slay these after a council of judgement?
Witches,fornicators,liars,murderers,adulteres? No! But in the Torah only the priests could do this.

Context,context

So...God standeth in the congregation of the Pharisees & Levites? I'm trying to set aside what I think I know, to understand what you Brothers are trying to say...and I guess I'm having trouble getting it.

Nathan, Are you talking about Pharisees & Levites too, or if not, who is placing themselves in the place of gods? I looked closer at that poening verse in Strongs, and it doesn't say anything about Pharisees & Levites, so I don't understand how that's the context. It says something different, but that's not for now, lol
??

So...God standeth in the congregation of the Pharisees & Levites? I'm trying to set aside what I think I know, to understand what you Brothers are trying to say...and I guess I'm having trouble getting it.

Nathan, Are you talking about Pharisees & Levites too, or if not, who is placing themselves in the place of gods? I looked closer at that poening verse in Strongs, and it doesn't say anything about Pharisees & Levites, so I don't understand how that's the context. It says something different, but that's not for now, lol
??
The torah waa given to whom,and whom is the first audience?

Isreal! Who per the law can do these things?

At least there positive preachers. The Gospel is a positive message, Jesus wants everyone to be happy.
so is
Joel Osteen .but is wishy washy on salvation joyce Myers been a while since i listened to her. she has her good points . i listen like eating chicken eat the meat throw away the bones.. seen some place where it was said she does not write her own books.

??
I concur with Jason.

Psalm 82:5 (ESV) 5 They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

This is a description of the ones called 'gods'. The psalmist is saying, "you should be like that which you claim as your position".

"gods"
Strong's Definitions: אֱלֹהִים ʼĕlôhîym, el-o-heem'; plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:—angels, × exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), × (very) great, judges, × mighty.

I think in order to grasp it in context you have to also look at its counterpart in John 10.

Jesus was in the temple and some Jews approached Him. They wanted to know for sure if He was the Christ. Jesus flat out tells them they don't believe, and so therefore He will save them. Then He says that He and the Father are one. That's what upset them. (They were very quick to jump on something like this in judgement)

So the picked up stones to kill him, because they thought He was just man calling Himself God. He counters with the passage in Psalms, where they consider themselves 'gods'.

Jesus was showing them they were being hypocritical. That was the whole point. He was not saying that they were actually true in saying they were 'gods'.

I concur with Jason.

Psalm 82:5 (ESV) 5 They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

This is a description of the ones called 'gods'. The psalmist is saying, "you should be like that which you claim as your position".

"gods"
Strong's Definitions: אֱלֹהִים ʼĕlôhîym, el-o-heem'; plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:—angels, × exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), × (very) great, judges, × mighty.

I think in order to grasp it in context you have to also look at its counterpart in John 10.

Jesus was in the temple and some Jews approached Him. They wanted to know for sure if He was the Christ. Jesus flat out tells them they don't believe, and so therefore He will save them. Then He says that He and the Father are one. That's what upset them. (They were very quick to jump on something like this in judgement)

So the picked up stones to kill him, because they thought He was just man calling Himself God. He counters with the passage in Psalms, where they consider themselves 'gods'.

Jesus was showing them they were being hypocritical. That was the whole point. He was not saying that they were actually true in saying they were 'gods'.

Oh ok, I see where you're getting that now. Jesus was calling Himself God, and that upset them, I remember that. I'll chew on that for a bit. (Even though Strongs made no mention of Pharisees, but multitudes & swarms?) SO there may be more to this. Jesus didn't really sound like He was saying to them, they should try to act like Gods. More like establishing what He said about them, ye are gods.

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Also, the teaching that Jesus went to hell is not her teaching. I personally don't agree with it but I know where a person might come to that conclusion. It's an honest doctrine. Honestly wrong, maybe, but honest, nonetheless:
"having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison" (1 Peter 3:18-19 NASB)
There is some confusion introduced by the English language.
The Greek says the Jesus preached to the spirits "in prison." (ἐν φυλακῇ) That does not refer to the region of those condemned (Hell) but the the spirits of the righteous dead imprisoned in the place of the dead until the judgment which is Hades. and having preached to them He released them from Hades to be with God in heaven. (as with the souls of the martyrs beneath the altar in Revelation)

Since you are leaning to Orthodoxy, I recommend that you acquire an Orthodox Study Bible. The notes are very good.

iakov the fool

The Greek says the Jesus preached to the spirits "in prison." (ἐν φυλακῇ) That does not refer to the region of those condemned (Hell) but the the spirits of the righteous dead imprisoned in the place of the dead until the judgment which is Hades. and having preached to them He released them from Hades to be with God in heaven. (as with the souls of the martyrs beneath the altar in Revelation)

Since you are leaning to Orthodoxy, I recommend that you acquire an Orthodox Study Bible. The notes are very good.

iakov the fool
Sheol.dig into the kaddish.oy vey.I know that rite.

iakov the fool
OK............. Hell's got a Purgatory now, too. That's cool. (Or, maybe..... warm?)

so is
Joel Osteen .but is wishy washy on salvation joyce Myers been a while since i listened to her. she has her good points . i listen like eating chicken eat the meat throw away the bones.. seen some place where it was said she does not write her own books.
Good Lord! That's enough to condemn her to Hell, right there. A ghost writer?...... Well, I never!!!!

OK............. Hell's got a Purgatory now, too. That's cool. (Or, maybe..... warm?)
It's not a purgatory.
In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus it was referred to as the "Bosom of Abraham."
Purgatory is supposed to be where not quite squeaky clean souls are cleaned up to be sent on to heaven with the saints.
The "bosom of Abraham" was the place of the righteous dead. They don't need any cleaning up. They were just waiting for the God-man, Jesus to open the gates.

iakov the fool

so is

Because there crooked and only preach the scriptures they want. They wouldn't tell this to there church.

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts"

Not in the church, everyone freely gives in good faith and the Pastor gets a new bentley and anyone else in need within the church gets nothing.

Because there crooked and only preach the scriptures they want. They wouldn't tell this to there church.

"All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts"
i have heard her speak good bible. osteen i have no use for

When it says they sold property and possessions and gave to all who had need, im guessing its where the people who had more than they needed, like multiple propertys, as it continues to say they broke bread in there homes.

How many houses do all these Pastors have combined on there breatherens gifts. Instead of selling like the believers in the scriptures say, they use the gifts to purchase multiple houses for there own entertainment. Completely opposite to the scriptures teachings of one in Christ. They get everything and everyone else gets nothing.

Last edited:
i have heard her speak good bible. osteen i have no use for

Osteen just shares peoples testimonys. Im sure his most common phrase is 'i once knew a man' and although as you say Joyce speaks good bible, it also says in one of her books Jesus payed the price for sin in hell where scriptures clearly say he tasted death and broke the power of the devil in his death, but i dont think he take away the sin of the world in hell.

Last edited:
Osteen just shares peoples testimonys. Im sure his most common phrase is 'i once knew a man' and although as you say Joyce speaks good bible, it also says in one of her books Jesus payed the price for sin in hell where scriptures clearly say he tasted death and broke the power of the devil in his death, but he sure didn't take away the sin of the world in hell.
And many people, right here, claim God punished Jesus on the cross by pouring His wrath and anger on Him. Since that isn't true, do we get to label them False Teachers, too?

And many people, right here, claim God punished Jesus on the cross by pouring His wrath and anger on Him. Since that isn't true, do we get to label them False Teachers, too?

Sure why not, but many dont claim to be annointed teachers and do correct each other as one body of Christ. We dont gain a luxury income and living by claiming to be annointed and giving others false information.

False Christs are false annointed teachers.

I usually say what i believe, sometimes I will be wrong, false teaching, but I'm not hear to teach others and i try back up everything I say with scripture, and i will sometimes get corrected. I dont place myself as a higher authority over anyone in teaching and have a flock like a Pastor and the church, thats a False Christ.

I think Joel acturally come out and admited he dont think he was annointed. At least was honest and covered himself.

Last edited:
i plan on getting another copy of battlefield of the mind (I think that's the one...).

i dont know much about her $$$ bizness. i read there was an investigation, but that doesn't = illegal dealings, clearly. i've seen some of her videos and they were helpful with christianity 101.

sometimes, i think christians rip each other to shreds before the secular world even gets a chance. discernment is good, of course, but...i dunno. especially with protestants, it seems that anybody with any media coverage is subject to an expose. the rcc seems a lil more stable in that regard (they've been at this for a lot longer, lol...).

The RCC. The pope gave cardenal pell a job at the vatican so he avoids coming back and giving testimony. Sick.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back