Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is your definition?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus was addressing just his chosen ones/disciples Luke 24:44-53. and John 1:12, 13.

The below statement and link are for his true believers: Many are called but few are chosen

http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=Many are called but few are chosen

Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls.

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/matthew/11-29.htm

How does this apply to today's believers or disciples?

But you were talking to Karl about a different gospel.....
So it's ok if you go off topic but no one else?

Jesse simmer down brother,
Sheesh two things before you hang me ok? lol
One I was not talking about different Gospels but trying to say there is only one.
SECOND.......I thought you knew me a little better then that. Have I ever attacked you before? I was joking around a little just as you do...IO mean pretty please and funny face......Bro it was not attack from the clown or anything.
Besides you know my thoughts about the topic of money seeking preachers for thier own gain...we talked...

Sorry to have caught you off guard..........I will try to be serious with you tonight.....Remember Jesse I did say "try"
Peace brother

Jesse simmer down brother,
Sheesh two things before you hang me ok? lol
One I was not talking about different Gospels but trying to say there is only one.
SECOND.......I thought you knew me a little better then that. Have I ever attacked you before? I was joking around a little just as you do...IO mean pretty please and funny face......Bro it was not attack from the clown or anything.
Besides you know my thoughts about the topic of money seeking preachers for thier own gain...we talked...

Sorry to have caught you off guard..........I will try to be serious with you tonight.....Remember Jesse I did say "try"
Peace brother

There was a discussion going on trying to figure out which gospel is supposed to be preached.....I made a post to that point.....and you made the comment.......but still.....no one knows which gospel should be preached...:shrug

There was a discussion going on trying to figure out which gospel is supposed to be preached.....I made a post to that point.....and you made the comment.......but still.....no one knows which gospel should be preached...:shrug

Jesse......there is ONLY one Gospel.....and this is the Gospel of Christ or The Good News ( same gospel)
Mark, luke john and Mathew are simply just that, Four men writing about this one Gospel of Chirst.
The rest of the NT is LETTERS written and recorded not only to get the people back then in tune with the New Covenant which Jesus brought into place. (Which places us under the Grace of God) and written to get all people of all time in tune with the new covenant or plan of salvation.....All this said there is only ONE Gospel..ONE Truth and ONE way to be saved.....

Jess if you do not believe what I am saying then read Mark and pray that our Heavenly Father will show you.
I will not push my thoughts........I will write of what is said in scriptures though....
Oh and one more thing.......Do I have to try real hardnot to joke around a little? It's getting hard to do. lol
Peace brother

The official definition of gospel is describing the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. It's in the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And the scripture that is in 1 Corinthians that Paul preached is the same, because Paul preached exactly what the other disciples preached, and more importantly what Jesus preached.
Hope this makes sense. :)

Brother, I'm going to respond to what you have said in blue, I don't want to be argumentative, just trying to present the facts, I hope you take it that way.

Jesse......there is ONLY one Gospel.....and this is the Gospel of Christ or The Good News ( same gospel)

The word gospel comes from the Greek word for evangel or to evangelize, which is what we call Good News, but what is the message of good news that causes rank sinners to receive salvation?

Mark, luke john and Mathew are simply just that, Four men writing about this one Gospel of Chirst.
The rest of the NT is LETTERS written and recorded not only to get the people back then in tune with the New Covenant which Jesus brought into place. (Which places us under the Grace of God) and written to get all people of all time in tune with the new covenant or plan of salvation.....All this said there is only ONE Gospel..ONE Truth and ONE way to be saved.....

The believers turned the world upside down with only the Old Testament for reference and that was before the first of the New Testament books were even written, ...we believe the first book was the letter to the Galatians written around 48-50 AD and the rest of the New Testament from 50-97 AD.
The New Testament was written for conformation to show what they believed was true or for conviction to correct any heresy that was coming into the church.

Jess if you do not believe what I am saying then read Mark and pray that our Heavenly Father will show you.
I will not push my thoughts........I will write of what is said in scriptures though....
Oh and one more thing.......Do I have to try real hardnot to joke around a little? It's getting hard to do. lol
Peace brother

This isn't addressed to you only brother, ...they preached the Gospel using only the Old Testament, would anyone here care to try and present the Truth of the Gospel using only the Old Testament to make the three points Paul did?

Brother, I'm going to respond to what you have said in blue, I don't want to be argumentative, just trying to present the facts, I hope you take it that way.

This isn't addressed to you only brother, ...they preached the Gospel using only the Old Testament, would anyone here care to try and present the Truth of the Gospel using only the Old Testament to make the three points Paul did?

Please do not forget that the disciples had walked with Jesus, so they taught what they had been taught. And as for Paul, his conversion was miraculous, and when the Holy Spirit filled him, i believe that he knew everything that Jesus taught the rest :)

Karl, please don't leave. What i see is that what you said, was the same. Paul's (1 Corinthians 15: 1-4) "gospel" is the same as Jesus' that Jesus preached. The verses you gave are the same as were posted in other books of the Bible.
Peace be unto you!

I'm not leaving, I'm just not going to be pulled into childish arguments.

May I ask you a question in brotherly love?

How could Jesus preach Paul's Gospel when He hadn't died, been buried and resurrected yet?

Think about it sis,

Blessings

Karl
What is this ? The believers turned the world upside down with only the Old Testament for reference and that was before the first of the New Testament books were even written, ...we believe the first book was the letter to the Galatians written around 48-50 AD and the rest of the New Testament from 50-97 AD.
The New Testament was written for conformation to show what they believed was true or for conviction to correct any heresy that was coming into the church.

Karl
Yes the Believers turned the world upside down and before the NT was written............HOWEVER........They preached what JESUS TAUGHT.....That is why Jesus came to give us a way to the Father through His blood and to then record these words of Jesus down for all time to come that man would walk the earth or another words until the Father calls it done.......OBTW I am not being agrumentive either....

I'm not leaving, I'm just not going to be pulled into childish arguments.

May I ask you a question in brotherly love?

How could Jesus preach Paul's Gospel when He hadn't died, been buried and resurrected yet?

Think about it sis,

Blessings

If i said it wrong i apologize, i meant that Paul preached exactly what Jesus taught His disciples.

Karl, i believe that all of those things above are in line with the gospel, and the words that you typed are usually explained before or even after one accepts Christ as Lord. The first list is usually what one says in trying to ask the person it they want to accept Jesus, that is just the beginning. Or do you disagree?

I disagree because Paul tells us the Gospel has power, the word in the Greek is dunamis which is where we get our word dynamite, Paul quotes from the Old Testament that none seek after God, because of our deceitful, evil, hard hearts, ...like I have already explained, it takes explosions, like from dynamite to break up the hardness of our (rock hard) hearts, Jesus taught a parable about soils and the proper preparation of the soil is what produced a crop. Do you see that only the Words of the Gospel the Holy Spirit gave to Paul is where the power is to prepare the heart of a sinner to receive, anything from man does not have that power no matter how good the intentions are.

Please do not forget that the disciples had walked with Jesus, so they taught what they had been taught. And as for Paul, his conversion was miraculous, and when the Holy Spirit filled him, i believe that he knew everything that Jesus taught the rest :)

Oh sis,

When Jesus was crucified they didn't have any faith, half of them went back to their old profession of fishing, ...read what bumbling things Peter said before Pentecost and then compare them with the eloquence with which he spoke afterwords.

Dear one, every conversion is miraculous, yours, mine, everyone's, ...Paul himself said he went to the desert of Arabia to be alone and it was there he was given the revelations from the Holy Spirit which he wrote in 13 or14 letters.

I disagree because Paul tells us the Gospel has power, the word in the Greek is dunamis which is where we get our word dynamite, Paul quotes from the Old Testament that none seek after God, because of our deceitful, evil, hard hearts, ...like I have already explained, it takes explosions, like from dynamite to break up the hardness of our (rock hard) hearts, Jesus taught a parable about soils and the proper preparation of the soil is what produced a crop. Do you see that only the Words of the Gospel the Holy Spirit gave to Paul is where the power is to prepare the heart of a sinner to receive, anything from man does not have that power no matter how good the intentions are.

***This i agree with and is why i think that they are the same gospel*** :)

Oh sis,

When Jesus was crucified they didn't have any faith, half of them went back to their old profession of fishing, ...read what bumbling things Peter said before Pentecost and then compare them with the eloquence with which he spoke afterwords.
****and after pentecost is where the majority of the Church grew, right? ****

Dear one, every conversion is miraculous, yours, mine, everyone's, ...Paul himself said he went to the desert of Arabia to be alone and it was there he was given the revelations from the Holy Spirit which he wrote in 13 or14 letters.
****very true!****

Brother, again in blue.

Karl
What is this ? The believers turned the world upside down with only the Old Testament for reference and that was before the first of the New Testament books were even written, ...we believe the first book was the letter to the Galatians written around 48-50 AD and the rest of the New Testament from 50-97 AD.

It's indisputable church history.

Karl
Yes the Believers turned the world upside down and before the NT was written............HOWEVER........They preached what JESUS TAUGHT.....That is why Jesus came to give us a way to the Father through His blood and to then record these words of Jesus down for all time to come that man would walk the earth or another words until the Father calls it done.......OBTW I am not being agrumentive either....

Thank you, arguing is such school yard behavior.

Care to give Scripture and verse where Jesus taught about:

The Mystery hidden from the ages past?
The changing of our material bodies into heavenly bodies?
The Church?
The Rapture of the Church.
The unveiling of the Anti-Christ.
How to know we are born again?
Himself glorified?
A detailed description of the Church in Heaven?
A detailed description of the last seven years left in Daniels Prophecy of 490 years concerning Israel?
The Millennium?
The Great White Throne Judgment
New Jerusalem?
A new Heaven and a new Earth?

:popcorn :pepsican

Okay, so give us Scripture and verse in the four Gospels where Jesus taught His disciples about these things.

The Church?
Himself glorified?
A detailed description of the last seven years left in Daniels Prophecy of 490 years concerning Israel?
The Millennium?
New Jerusalem?

Eugene,
Is there a possibility in your thoughts, that, this is going on now with all of the missionaries?
I really appreciate your imput and your experience! :amen
A concept I asked before: is there even one nation that has been taught and baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?

The following shows the order in the manner they were to go out, and giving out the gospel to all creation was accomplished as we read below.
Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Colossians 1:23 "- - the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister." We continue this order of going to the multitudes today.

Then when was the disciplining of all nations done? We read in Isaiah 66:8 how one nation will experience that. Isaiah 66:8 "Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once?" Has this occurred, and yet we see the witness to all creation earlier. To me this is just the first of many nations that will come to God.

We read in Isaiah 19:24-25 of other nations that will be of God in a future time.
Isa 19:24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
Isa 19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance. Something to think about :)

Dear Sister Cturtle, if this makes any sense to you, I can go further as to what Jesus is saying in Mat 28:18 – “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”

Blessings in Christ Jesus and thanks for your reply.

Okay, so give us Scripture and verse in the four Gospels where Jesus taught His disciples about these things.

The Church?
Himself glorified?
The Millennium?
New Jerusalem?

KARL WHY ? What does all this have to do with the OP ?
First off Mark, Luke, John, Mathew are NOT the gospels....They are four men who wrote what Jesus taught them and they experienced with Him while He was on this earth and when He returned after He rose from the grave and took back the keys to death and hell. When they say the gospel of Mark.....This means according to mark or what mark wrote BUT in no way are these different gospels and this is what we first began to talk about and you have taken it way over here. Why ?

A concept I asked before: is there even one nation that has been taught and baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?

The following shows the order in the manner they were to go out, and giving out the gospel to all creation was accomplished as we read below.
Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Colossians 1:23 "- - the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister." We continue this order of going to the multitudes today.

Then when was the disciplining of all nations done? We read in Isaiah 66:8 how one nation will experience that. Isaiah 66:8 "Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once?" Has this occurred, and yet we see the witness to all creation earlier. To me this is just the first of many nations that will come to God.

We read in Isaiah 19:24-25 of other nations that will be of God in a future time.
Isa 19:24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
Isa 19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance. Something to think about :)

Dear Sister Cturtle, if this makes any sense to you, I can go further as to what Jesus is saying in Mat 28:18 – “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”

Blessings in Christ Jesus and thanks for your reply.

I believe that "nations" can be described as every group of people. Every tongue, and tribe. And i believe it is in the process today. And as you shown in Isaiah, that God is preparing people to go to those places.
Just like Russia is being evangelized now and as time goes on God calls people to take the good news of Jesus to another place that has in the past been resistant to the Word. I hope that i understood you correctly, and responded correctly with my thoughts.
Blessings to you and yours :)

I believe that "nations" can be described as every group of people. Every tongue, and tribe. And i believe it is in the process today. And as you shown in Isaiah, that God is preparing people to go to those places.
Just like Russia is being evangelized now and as time goes on God calls people to take the good news of Jesus to another place that has in the past been resistant to the Word. I hope that i understood you correctly, and responded correctly with my thoughts.
Blessings to you and yours :)
To my understanding of scripture the spreading of the gospel continues to everyone and will do so until the end of the times of the Gentiles when Jesus takes His appointed place as Almighty God of Rev 1:8. It is then nations ruling in usurpation will be overthrown, judgment come. and nations dealt with. Thanks again for your response.

Karl

Karl
Here's the Gospel in the Old Testament.
1 Chronicles 16:23-24;
"Sing to the Lord, all the Earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back