Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is your definition?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Here's an example of how I often think I fail at this. Suppose a person was diagnosed with cancer. They go through all the treatments but the cancer continues to progress. Now suppose this person discovers that by adding some particular lettuce green daily in his/her diet the cancer begins to respond by getting better. This person stops eating the lettuce and the cancer responds by getting worse again. So this person starts eating the lettuce again and eventually is cured of the cancer. What do you suppose the reaction of this person might be? I'm betting this person would literally shout it out from the rooftops how effective this lettuce was against the cancer.

We all have a cancer called sin and we know that Jesus is the cure so-to-speak. How many of us shout it out from the rooftops? It wouldn't require preaching but only sharing the good news...the Gospel.

I'll be the first to admit guilty as charged.

Jesse......there is ONLY one Gospel.....and this is the Gospel of Christ or The Good News ( same gospel)
Mark, luke john and Mathew are simply just that, Four men writing about this one Gospel of Chirst.
The rest of the NT is LETTERS written and recorded not only to get the people back then in tune with the New Covenant which Jesus brought into place. (Which places us under the Grace of God) and written to get all people of all time in tune with the new covenant or plan of salvation.....All this said there is only ONE Gospel..ONE Truth and ONE way to be saved.....

Jess if you do not believe what I am saying then read Mark and pray that our Heavenly Father will show you.
I will not push my thoughts........I will write of what is said in scriptures though....
Oh and one more thing.......Do I have to try real hardnot to joke around a little? It's getting hard to do. lol
Peace brother
I know there is only ONE gospel.

My point is, if you listen to many different preachers, pastors and even some posters, they preach many other gospels, so which one are we preaching?

Hopefully we are sharing the ONE, but there are some people who do not share that ONE.

Besides, even though I struggle with some things, I think it's how we live and the example we set that is more important than what we say. The gospel comes in power and it is the transformation of our lives that shows this.

I heard one time that people won't listen to what you have to say, until they know you care first.

The official definition of gospel is describing the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. It's in the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And the scripture that is in 1 Corinthians that Paul preached is the same, because Paul preached exactly what the other disciples preached, and more importantly what Jesus preached.
Hope this makes sense. :)
The gospel is about the Kingdom of God, from that there is offered salvation.

KARL WHY ? What does all this have to do with the OP ?
First off Mark, Luke, John, Mathew are NOT the gospels....They are four men who wrote what Jesus taught them and they experienced with Him while He was on this earth and when He returned after He rose from the grave and took back the keys to death and hell. When they say the gospel of Mark.....This means according to mark or what mark wrote BUT in no way are these different gospels and this is what we first began to talk about and you have taken it way over here. Why ?

Because you said the disciples preached what Jesus TAUGHT them, we have a historical record of His life inspired by the Holy Spirit written by four men, all I'm asking is for you to show me, from the four historical records written of His life, where you have found Jesus taught on these subjects.

The Mystery hidden from the ages past?
The changing of our material bodies into heavenly bodies?
The Church?
The Rapture of the Church.
The unveiling of the Anti-Christ.
How to know we are born again?
Himself glorified?
A detailed description of the Church in Heaven?
A detailed description of the last seven years left in Daniels Prophecy of 490 years concerning Israel?
The Millennium?
The Great White Throne Judgment
New Jerusalem?
A new Heaven and a new Earth?

Why? Because this is a Christian Forum and we use the Bible to authenticate our statements, all I'm doing is following what I was taught to be like a Berean. Acts 17:11

No malice intended bro.

Blessings

The gospel is about the Kingdom of God, from that there is offered salvation.
Dear Brother Jesse, as you previously brought out, there is one gospel and that is the gospel of God; Jesus was speaking of a portion of that gospel called the gospel of the kingdom.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

Portions of the gospel of God include:
Mark 1:1 The gospel of Jesus Christ
Romans 1:1 . . . The gospel of the grace of God
Romans 2:16 My gospel (Paul).
Romans 10:15 . . . The gospel of peace
Galatians 2:7 . . . Gospel of the uncircumcision . . . Gospel of the circumcision
Ephesians 1:13 . . . The gospel of your salvation
1 Timothy 1:11 . . . Glorious gospel of the blessed God

1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. Paul called what he preached the gospel of Christ, though it was the gospel of God revealed to him by Jesus. Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Dear Brother Jesse, as you previously brought out, there is one gospel and that is the gospel of God; Jesus was speaking of a portion of that gospel called the gospel of the kingdom.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom.

Portions of the gospel of God include:
Mark 1:1 The gospel of Jesus Christ
Romans 1:1 . . . The gospel of the grace of God
Romans 2:16 My gospel (Paul).
Romans 10:15 . . . The gospel of peace
Galatians 2:7 . . . Gospel of the uncircumcision . . . Gospel of the circumcision
Ephesians 1:13 . . . The gospel of your salvation
1 Timothy 1:11 . . . Glorious gospel of the blessed God

1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. Paul called what he preached the gospel of Christ, though it was the gospel of God revealed to him by Jesus. Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Ok, I can see that, thanks Eugene.

Why is it that when people start talking about sharing the good news, they leave out talking about the Kingdom of God? He did enter our time and space to set it up, and this seems to be the "main event".

It seems that people have put this undo burden upon themselves as well, that it is our responsibility to cause people to come to Christ by "sharing the good news", when it is apparent that God draws men to Himself.

Ok, I can see that, thanks Eugene.

Why is it that when people start talking about sharing the good news, they leave out talking about the Kingdom of God? He did enter our time and space to set it up, and this seems to be the "main event".

It seems that people have put this undo burden upon themselves as well, that it is our responsibility to cause people to come to Christ by "sharing the good news", when it is apparent that God draws men to Himself.
Jesse, I can only speak for my understanding, but Jesus did not come to you and me, in John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. Israel were familiar with the term kingdom, thus the special attention to that part of God’s gospel given them.

When it came to the gospel presented to the Gentiles, Jesus Himself revealed that portion of the gospel (Gal 1:11 & Gal 1:12) previously hidden. Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision (Jews), the same was mighty in me (Paul) toward the Gentiles.
And then, Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. What was Paul's gospel? God's one gospel revealed to him by Jesus. The judgment Paul speaks of is our reward, because he also said there is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus!

How does this apply to today's believers or disciples?
For one thing, it is surly true that we are being kept by his grace, and that his kingdom is still above all other kingdoms of this world. That means that the heavens are still open for his blessings upon us.

But, as far as, How does this apply to today's believers or disciples?

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source.... prophets, evangelist, pastors, and teachers

http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/new-believer/foundations-for-living/what-is-discipleship.html

Last edited:
Because you said the disciples preached what Jesus TAUGHT them, we have a historical record of His life inspired by the Holy Spirit written by four men, all I'm asking is for you to show me, from the four historical records written of His life, where you have found Jesus taught on these subjects.

The Mystery hidden from the ages past?
The changing of our material bodies into heavenly bodies?
The Church?
The Rapture of the Church.
The unveiling of the Anti-Christ.
How to know we are born again?
Himself glorified?
A detailed description of the Church in Heaven?
A detailed description of the last seven years left in Daniels Prophecy of 490 years concerning Israel?
The Millennium?
The Great White Throne Judgment
New Jerusalem?
A new Heaven and a new Earth?

Why? Because this is a Christian Forum and we use the Bible to authenticate our statements, all I'm doing is following what I was taught to be like a Berean. Acts 17:11

No malice intended bro.

Blessings

KARL,
I am not going to play this scripture thing with you. Jesus came and taught the diciples. We all know this, they taught of the things they learned from Christ. That is what we started this back and forth thing on.

I know there is only ONE gospel.

My point is, if you listen to many different preachers, pastors and even some posters, they preach many other gospels, so which one are we preaching?

Hopefully we are sharing the ONE, but there are some people who do not share that ONE.

Besides, even though I struggle with some things, I think it's how we live and the example we set that is more important than what we say. The gospel comes in power and it is the transformation of our lives that shows this.

I heard one time that people won't listen to what you have to say, until they know you care first.

Jesse if a pastor teaches any other gospel then the one we are taught in the word of God, dont listen. There is one God, One Jesus, one way to the father and One word of God. Man has made doctrines and denominations for him self..I dont know what you are refering to with different Gospels preached

Here's an example of how I often think I fail at this. Suppose a person was diagnosed with cancer. They go through all the treatments but the cancer continues to progress. Now suppose this person discovers that by adding some particular lettuce green daily in his/her diet the cancer begins to respond by getting better. This person stops eating the lettuce and the cancer responds by getting worse again. So this person starts eating the lettuce again and eventually is cured of the cancer. What do you suppose the reaction of this person might be? I'm betting this person would literally shout it out from the rooftops how effective this lettuce was against the cancer.

We all have a cancer called sin and we know that Jesus is the cure so-to-speak. How many of us shout it out from the rooftops? It wouldn't require preaching but only sharing the good news...the Gospel.

I'll be the first to admit guilty as charged.

As you recognize that this is not one of your strengths, it gives God room to work through you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back