Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHAT MAKES A GOOD MARRIAGE?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Free
I losing the context here so I went back to post #5 in which Wondering first brings up AVX.

I think she asking if I am in Adult Videos .... implying that is good for a marriage. I'm so confused.
I may need a marriage counselor to attend to me after this thread. TY Wondering
No problem.
We're here to help with difficult threads.
Just don't tell that tough wife of yours that it was my fault.
Thanks.

You only think you're ahead. In reality, we are about to 'lap' you on the intellectual race track.

*ducks*
Be of good cheer ,Italians fear pineapple on pasta .,it's how and why they switched sides in both world wars . It's akin to garlic and vampires

What makes a good marriage?
The open kind.

Right, Will?

7aaf6e797908e4d512edfe4d5ddb5808.gif

After 40 years, I'd say forgiveness is the key. Though we each have every right to divorce each other and feelings/deeds ebb and flow, I feel the one thing the Lord instilled in this marriage was/is forgiveness. Without it, we'd long been finished.

After 40 years, I'd say forgiveness is the key. Though we each have every right to divorce each other and feelings/deeds ebb and flow, I feel the one thing the Lord instilled in this marriage was/is forgiveness. Without it, we'd long been finished.
I'd say the lack of something to forgive rather than forgiveness is the key. I've been married 38 years and I don't recall forgiving my wife for anything because I don't recall ever being wronged by her.
So, I say that a good marriage is 95% having nothing to forgive and 5% forgiving wrongs where many of the wrongs may be a false interpretation of events by the person who thinks he has been wronged.

A alternate secret to a successful marriage would be to marry wondering, though she is currently taken.

I'd say the lack of something to forgive rather than forgiveness is the key. I've been married 38 years and I don't recall forgiving my wife for anything because I don't recall ever being wronged by her.
So, I say that a good marriage is 95% having nothing to forgive and 5% forgiving wrongs where many of the wrongs may be a false interpretation of events by the person who thinks he has been wronged.

A alternate secret to a successful marriage would be to marry wondering, though she is currently taken.
It's a long journey out of the twisted cesspool of childhood sexual assault my wife and I were born in to. We are damaged people who hurt each other. There is no way a person can come out of childhood sexual assault unaffected. We are a miracle we lasted this long. There is a reason LGBTQ has so many letters. Each responds to molestation/rape differently. We are the alphabet people, especially when you add all the other letters like ....D for depression..,.P for prostitution, D for drug abuse, S for suicide, P/E for the psycho/Emos ( like me), P for promiscuous, A for adultery, A for alcoholics, etc etc.
I am glad you had a blessed marriage. Be very thankful and appreciative for it every day.

It's a long journey out of the twisted cesspool of childhood sexual assault my wife and I were born in to. We are damaged people who hurt each other. There is no way a person can come out of childhood sexual assault unaffected. We are a miracle we lasted this long. There is a reason LGBTQ has so many letters. Each responds to molestation/rape differently. We are the alphabet people, especially when you add all the other letters like ....D for depression..,.P for prostitution, D for drug abuse, S for suicide, P/E for the psycho/Emos ( like me), P for promiscuous, A for adultery, A for alcoholics, etc etc.
I am glad you had a blessed marriage. Be very thankful and appreciative for it every day.
Well, we all have different upbringings that are determined by factors we don't control. Ideally, the factors are advantageous. Unfortunately, it sounds like you had much less than ideal circumstances as a foundation of a good marriage. My sympathies.

WHAT MAKES A GOOD MARRIAGE?​

1) Common interests and beliefs (two cannot walk together unless they are agreed)
2) Sexual compatibility
3) Good health
4) Common religious beliefs
5) FINANCIAL agreement!
6) family relations i.e. in-laws

:chin ... and marrying rich ??? *giggle*

Back