Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHAT MAKES A GOOD MARRIAGE?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'd say the lack of something to forgive rather than forgiveness is the key. I've been married 38 years and I don't recall forgiving my wife for anything because I don't recall ever being wronged by her.
So, I say that a good marriage is 95% having nothing to forgive and 5% forgiving wrongs where many of the wrongs may be a false interpretation of events by the person who thinks he has been wronged.

A alternate secret to a successful marriage would be to marry wondering, though she is currently taken.
Awwww. How sweet!

1695936303328.png

BTW,
Where you been?
Start a thread....do something!

Well, we all have different upbringings that are determined by factors we don't control. Ideally, the factors are advantageous. Unfortunately, it sounds like you had much less than ideal circumstances as a foundation of a good marriage. My sympathies.
I modeled the marriage of Danny & Annie in my book after what I thought makes a balanced and lasting marriage under God. Though The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis was my inspiration, I chose to emphasize that which holds a marriage together rather than that which causes the ultimate end.

Where you been?
Start a thread....do something!
Was in Alaska for a week with wife, son and daughter-in-law .... been hanging around in another forum and studying macro economics and Bitcoin.
Hope you've been a good girl in my absence.

Last edited:
Was in Alaska for a week with wife, son and daughter-in-law .... been hanging around in another forum and studying macro economics and Bitcoin.
As you can clearly see the foul stench of free will abounds .

Nuff said

Hi FF
I have your next vacation: Norway

I'm having some problem with micro economics and my coins are turning to bits.
Gas is at about 8USD per gallon and everything is going up in price about 30%.
No end it sight. I don't know how some families are getting along over here.

So yeah, I'm wonderful, but I miss our arguments.
Love to debate reformed theology with intelligent persons.

All the calvinists left except for Brightfame.
🙁

I'm having some problem with micro economics and my coins are turning to bits.
Gas is at about 8USD per gallon and everything is going up in price about 30%.
No end it sight. I don't know how some families are getting along over here.
From what I've read, every country goes broke in 80 to 150 years because they are corrupt and have the ability to print money. The printed money is used to pay off some of the debt, enrich politicians and in a democracy the money is used to buy votes by promising 'goodies' to the voters. The only way a currency system works is if they stay on the gold standard which the U.S. went off of in 1971.
Governments also underestimate inflation to hide the truth from voters.
Eventually, things get so bad that the government may seize some of your assets.
People in weaker currencies flee to stronger currencies.
In theory Bitcoin could be the solution as it can't be inflated and the government does not have access to it. El Salvador uses it as its currency and people in countries like Turkey flee to it. China made it illegal.

That being said, I probably don't know what I am talking about ... or maybe not. :)

From what I've read, every country goes broke in 80 to 150 years because they are corrupt and have the ability to print money. The printed money is used to pay off some of the debt, enrich politicians and in a democracy the money is used to buy votes by promising 'goodies' to the voters. The only way a currency system works is if they stay on the gold standard which the U.S. went off of in 1971.
Governments also underestimate inflation to hide the truth from voters.
Eventually, things get so bad that the government may seize some of your assets.
People in weaker currencies flee to stronger currencies.
In theory Bitcoin could be the solution as it can't be inflated and the government does not have access to it. El Salvador uses it as its currency and people in countries like Turkey flee to it. China made it illegal.

That being said, I probably don't know what I am talking about ... or maybe not. :)
I'd say you know what you're talking about.
I don't think any country uses the gold standard anymore.
Seizing assets....didn't this happen in Cypress about 10 or 15 years ago? I think so.
People woke up in the morning to find less money in their savings and checking accounts.
And how about people that flee from stronger currencies to weaker currencies because their soc sec
check buys more?

Does this have to do with parenting and marriage?
I guess so.
Even parents need moolah!

Generally women marry men a tad older from a somewhat higher social class. Big age differences and big social class differences increase likelihood of divorce.
1st marriages are often make or break. If the first fails subsequent marriage often fail too.

Adequate resources don’t necessarily completely prevent divorce but it helps. A lot. On the other hand marriages in which both parties are older than average well educated and have sufficient resources and relatively equal resources have a higher divorce rate. Ugh 😑
Cohabiting before marriage often results in more divorces. Interestingly enough the divorce often happens sooner than non cohabiting couples. It’s as if the relationship ran its course.

What makes a good marriage?
Avoid as snow birds at all costs .these foul things destroy nature ,defy and or resist the natural order of society .

They will raze your fishing spot and put up a parking lot to sell you that same fish at a higher cost from a foreign nation .

Jokingly ,alot of that is happening to my state .

Avoid as snow birds at all costs .these foul things destroy nature ,defy and or resist the natural order of society .

They will raze your fishing spot and put up a parking lot to sell you that same fish at a higher cost from a foreign nation .

Jokingly ,alot of that is happening to my state .
It's happening all over.
Sad.
Where I live, hill country, has changed a lot.
I like the simple life.
Before parking spaces and small malls.

Generally women marry men a tad older from a somewhat higher social class. Big age differences and big social class differences increase likelihood of divorce.
1st marriages are often make or break. If the first fails subsequent marriage often fail too.

Adequate resources don’t necessarily completely prevent divorce but it helps. A lot. On the other hand marriages in which both parties are older than average well educated and have sufficient resources and relatively equal resources have a higher divorce rate. Ugh 😑
Cohabiting before marriage often results in more divorces. Interestingly enough the divorce often happens sooner than non cohabiting couples. It’s as if the relationship ran its course.
Right.
And to think that some couples like to "try it out"
first,,,instead it's worse.
They're still not MARRIED.
That piece of paper does mean something.

Unconditional love ???

God loved Lucifer very much in first earth age. Lucifer was supposed to protect Mercy seat. Pride deteriorating his heart. It became self worship. Instead of loving God. Lucifer started loving himself. Lucifer tried to take Mercy seat by violence. He is going into lake of fire, satan can't be controlled.
Documentation, read Ezekiel chapter 28.

Pride keeps some people from God. And we're talking about Reprobates.
Documentation
Hebrews chapter 6
Corinthians chapter 6
Jeremiah chapter 6

Reprobates follow satan. They hate the truth. Hate Jesus and the righteoabdus. They won't repent.
Mark 9:45
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off ; it is better for thee to enter into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Reprobates follow satan into lake of fire.

If Jesus can't control His children, it's hot place.

I won't soft peddle God's word.

Marriage is based on mutual respect. You won't get that with reprobates.

Narcissist are known to abuse their spouse by emotional and psychological abuse. Wont accept responsibility for their actions.

A good Christian man or woman is hard to find, proverbs chapter 31 to document.

Unconditional love??

Back