Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is Allah?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Surah Al Ikhlas

112:1 Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Qul huwa Allahu ahadun

112:2 Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
Allahu alssamadu

112:3 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
Lam yalid walam yooladu

112:4 And there is none like unto Him.
Walam yakun lahu kufuwan ahadun

Surah Al 'Imran

3:54 And they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah too was deceptive, for Allah is the greatest deceiver.
Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahukhayru almakireena

Allah has 99 names, some of which include:

Al-Mumit (the destroyer)

Al-Mutakabbir (the most proud)

Ad-Darr (the afflictor)

1 John 2:

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods,

Thanks for moving the thread. I wasn't sure if it belonged in End Times or Other Religions. For future reference, should threads pertaining to Islam's relation to End Times be posted here or in the Prophecy forum?

Fixed HTML cluster-farq so OP is readable.

You're welcome. And yes, you can post about other religions in the End Times forum as long as the topic is based in the End Times and doesn't become a theological discussion about two religions.

From a Christian point of view I think it is enlightening to see the attributes Islam attributes to God. I don't believe Muslims are necessarily any eviler than the rest of us, however they are clearly blind as to God's true nature while deluded by the Qu'ran into believing they can see.:twocents

Allah is God to a certain extent. I do not view Muslims as a "cult" or "false religion" I view them as misguided Christians. They're beliefs are correct to a point.

Allah is God to a certain extent. I do not view Muslims as a "cult" or "false religion" I view them as misguided Christians. They're beliefs are correct to a point.

Christians are those who profess the Christ is God's Son. Christ himself states that if you don't believe in his testimony you can't know the Father who sent him.

Mulsims absolutely reject Christ as anything other than another prophet. So how could they be misguided Christians. You either believe what Christ said or you don't. Just because they seem to agree with other parts of scriptures means nothing. Many false religions are close to the Truth of Christianity.

2 cents,
Dee

Christians are those who profess the Christ is God's Son. Christ himself states that if you don't believe in his testimony you can't know the Father who sent him.

Mulsims absolutely reject Christ as anything other than another prophet. So how could they be misguided Christians. You either believe what Christ said or you don't. Just because they seem to agree with other parts of scriptures means nothing. Many false religions are close to the Truth of Christianity.

2 cents,
Dee
Like I said they're misguided Christians. They believe in God (Yahweh) but their beliefs do not sit with him. Obviously they believe in Yahweh because they're an Abrahamic religion. Meaning they believe in the same God but VERY different teachings.

Like I said they're misguided Christians. They believe in God (Yahweh) but their beliefs do not sit with him. Obviously they believe in Yahweh because they're an Abrahamic religion. Meaning they believe in the same God but VERY different teachings.

Then according to your logic belief in the God of the OT alone is equal to Christianity. I am sure many devout Jews and Samaritans would be surprised to learn that. But what is more interesting is how the same God could give two different groups people different and conflicting messages about Himself.

Perhaps the "angel" that taught Mohammed about YHWH wasn't teaching him about the True God. If so, muslims would be more like Jews one would think. :chin

Dee

Then according to your logic belief in the God of the OT alone is equal to Christianity. I am sure many devout Jews and Samaritans would be surprised to learn that. But what is more interesting is how the same God could give two different groups people different and conflicting messages about Himself.

Perhaps the "angel" that taught Mohammed about YHWH wasn't teaching him about the True God. If so, muslims would be more like Jews one would think. :chin

Dee
Who says God inspired these religions?

uh, no, if the muslim believe in yhwh then they would be jews as well. have you all wondered why the men such as abraham and issac picked wives for their sons from the land of ur where abraham came from.
genesis 31
51And Laban said to Jacob, Behold this heap, and behold this pillar, which I have cast betwixt me and thee:

52This heap be witness, and this pillar be witness, that I will not pass over this heap to thee, and that thou shalt not pass over this heap and this pillar unto me, for harm.
53The God of Abraham, and the God of Nahor, the God of their father, judge betwixt us. And Jacob sware by the fear of his father Isaac.
54Then Jacob offered sacrifice upon the mount, and called his brethren to eat bread: and they did eat bread, and tarried all night in the mount. 55And early in the morning Laban rose up, and kissed his sons and his daughters, and blessed them: and Laban departed, and returned unto his place

Who says God inspired these religions?

And that's what separates those who believe the OT and NT were inspired by YHWH and those who don't. It's faith and it's what makes me a Christian and others...not.

If hearing the Word of God brings about faith in God and your not sure that God inspired Christianity, why liken muslims to a faith you seem to not fully understand?

I'm just saying.....
Dee

And that's what separates those who believe the OT and NT were inspired by YHWH and those who don't. It's faith and it's what makes me a Christian and others...not.

If hearing the Word of God brings about faith in God and your not sure that God inspired Christianity, why liken muslims to a faith you seem to not fully understand?

I'm just saying.....
Dee
I am sure that God inspired Christianity. I do understand their faith to a great extent. And from this I can conclude they do worship God except with jacked up beliefs. It's like being a Mormon or a Unitarian except crazier.

I am sure that God inspired Christianity. I do understand their faith to a great extent. And from this I can conclude they do worship God except with jacked up beliefs. It's like being a Mormon or a Unitarian except crazier.

Ok. I'm not trying to be argumentative for arguments sake. But I have read the Koran and did my research on Mohammed. I truly believe that apart from claiming Abraham and other biblical characters as their own, Islam is far from Christianity (as seen thru both the Old and New Testaments). Imho, Mohammed was visited by a demon....something he even admited to until his wife and brother convinced him otherwise. The simiilarites that Isalm tries to create between Judaism and Christianity are lies...and all the best lies stay as close to the Truth as they can....it makes them more believable and ensares more people.

Take care and blessings,
Deirdre

Ok. I'm not trying to be argumentative for arguments sake. But I have read the Koran and did my research on Mohammed. I truly believe that apart from claiming Abraham and other biblical characters as their own, Islam is far from Christianity (as seen thru both the Old and New Testaments). Imho, Mohammed was visited by a demon....something he even admited to until his wife and brother convinced him otherwise. The simiilarites that Isalm tries to create between Judaism and Christianity are lies...and all the best lies stay as close to the Truth as they can....it makes them more believable and ensares more people.

Take care and blessings,
Deirdre
He was visited by Gabriel an Angel. That's what the book says.

He was visited by Gabriel an Angel. That's what the book says.

The Qur'an also states that Allah made it appear that Jesus was crucified but instead put Judas Iscariot in His place.

As noted in the OP, the Qur'an states that Allah neither begets nor is begotten. Why would "Gabriel" reveal to Mohammed the nature of God that is antithetical to what the Almighty God reveals His true nature to be?

Not only that, consider Galatians 4:

22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23 His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.
24 These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband.”

28 Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” 31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Why would God openly contradict Himself?

---
- New International Version unless noted otherwise

Back