Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is Allah?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
He was visited by Gabriel an Angel. That's what the book says.

People say a lot of things. For example, Mohammed after meeting Gabriel, ran to his wife and said he 'feared something bad may happen to him.' Interesting. No matter how scared people may have been at encountering an angel in the OT/NT, no one ever leaves the experience thinking something bad will happen to them.

And again there are the inconsistencies. For example, in Luke 1, God sent Gabriel to Mary with this message:
26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee, 27 to a virgin named Mary... 30 “Don’t be afraid, Mary,†the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God! 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. 32 He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. 33 And he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end!â€

Really??...do you really believe this is the same Gabriel that delivered messages to Mohammed...messages that deny that Jesus is the Son of God, since according to the Koran God has no son.

Either Gabriel got wrong with his messages to the Jews or his became a rogue angel doing his own thing. More than likely than not, Mohammed was visited by a demon disguised as an angel of light. How else could Gabriel deliver vastly different messages apparenlty from the same God.

2 cor 11
14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve.

Blessings,
Dee

Allah is God to a certain extent. I do not view Muslims as a "cult" or "false religion" I view them as misguided Christians. They're beliefs are correct to a point.
A case perhaps can be made that they are a Christian cult of sorts, but they most certainly are not misguided Christians. And they would agree, with the last part anyway.

They believe there is one God. That is almost all that they have in common with Christianity--they do not believe that Jesus is God (they deny the Trinity), and hence they believe in a different God; they do not believe he was the Son of God; they do not believe Jesus died; etc.

Islam is an entirely different religion, completely and irreconcilably different from Christianity.

A case perhaps can be made that they are a Christian cult of sorts, but they most certainly are not misguided Christians. And they would agree, with the last part anyway.

They believe there is one God. That is almost all that they have in common with Christianity--they do not believe that Jesus is God (they deny the Trinity), and hence they believe in a different God; they do not believe he was the Son of God; they do not believe Jesus died; etc.

Islam is an entirely different religion, completely and irreconcilably different from Christianity.

I consider them as misguided Pharisaic Jews, ironically, and very much like that generation which rejected Christ because His Messianic Kingdom was not what they lusted after. Think caliphate.

Take pity, for everything Muslims believe about God comes through their mediator; the false prophet Muhammad and his diabolical Qu'ran.

Islam is nothing more than a revival of the ancient Moon-god cult. It's influenced by pure Satanism! It has taken the symbols, the rites, the ceremonies, and even the name of its god from the ancient pagan religion of the Moon-god. As such, it is sheer idolatry and must be rejected by all those who follow the Torah and Gospel.

Islam is one the biggest deceptions the world has seen!

Muhammad could not read or write! He also married a 6 year old girl and then had sex with her when she was 9. Is the type of man you want to follow?

What does Sura 5:33 say about killing?

Sura 5:33 the punishment of those who wage war against allah and his messenger, and stive with might and main for mischeif through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, Or exile from the land:

History shows that before Islam came into existence the Sabeans in Arabia worshiped the moon god, who married the sun goddess, who gave birth to 3 goddess. They were called Al-lat,Al-uzza and Manat. They later became idols, and were worshiped throughout that part of the world as the "Daughters of Allah".

Allah was a made up god that never existed! The moon god was Allah. He was just one of 360 idols in the Kabah in Mecca. And Muhammad knew all about this. The crescent moon is everywhere in Islam. Even Ramadan begins and ends with the crescent moon. Hey, ask your mullah why!!!

Muhammad wanted to create his "own" religion. He needed the backing of his powerful tribe, so he picked "Allah", the moon-god which this tribe worshiped at the time, to be their one and only god. Then Muhammad declared himself to be Allah's prophet.

Muhammad claimed that allah is the one and only true "god", but allah was just a false non-existent pagan moon-god and was just one of many non-existent gods, just one of 360 idols in the Kabah in Mecca.

In the 1950's a major temple to the moon-god was excavated at Hazors in Palestine. Two idols of the moon-god were found, proving Allah was a pre-Islamic pagan deity.

Allah was a "moon-god", hence, Allah never existed and is nothing more than a dead god who doesn't exist but only exists in the minds of the deceived!

There is a photo of "Allah" sitting on a throne with a crescent moon on his chest. You can look it up in "The moon-god Allah" in the Archeology of the middle east by Dr Robert A. Morey, page 6.

What a shock it will be for Muslims on the day they will learn that Mohammed was a fake and fraudster and that Allah never existed! What a shocking day for Muslims this will be. Mohammed has deceived billions of Muslims and they do not realise that Mohammed was an imposter and that Allah never existed, but was just a dead moon-god.

Ok. I'm not trying to be argumentative for arguments sake. But I have read the Koran and did my research on Mohammed. I truly believe that apart from claiming Abraham and other biblical characters as their own, Islam is far from Christianity (as seen thru both the Old and New Testaments). Imho, Mohammed was visited by a demon....something he even admited to until his wife and brother convinced him otherwise. The simiilarites that Isalm tries to create between Judaism and Christianity are lies...and all the best lies stay as close to the Truth as they can....it makes them more believable and ensares more people.

The title of this thread is "Who is Allah?". The first thing that came to my mind was the fact that Allah is simply the Arabic word for God. Why let the Muslims be the only ones who get to believe in Allah? "God" in the Arabic translation of the Bible is Allah. If I prayed to Allah, I would be addressing the Father of Jesus Christ in Arabic.

A question I have always had is, could it be that Mohammed was really a true prophet whose message got hijacked by fanatic followers after his death? After all, none of the Koran was even written until after he died. I ask you who have studied this more than I, is this a reasonable possibility?

The title of this thread is "Who is Allah?". The first thing that came to my mind was the fact that Allah is simply the Arabic word for God. Why let the Muslims be the only ones who get to believe in Allah? "God" in the Arabic translation of the Bible is Allah. If I prayed to Allah, I would be addressing the Father of Jesus Christ in Arabic.

God is a title, rank or position that is assumed by many beings, earthly and spiritual. But everyone who claims this title is not the Father of Christ. Fortunately for Christians, God gave us His Name in the OT, so that we would be able to identify and know the true Almighty.

Exodus 3:15
God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations.

Unless arabic translates YHWH, then just saying "god" could be pointing to any diety.

A question I have always had is, could it be that Mohammed was really a true prophet whose message got hijacked by fanatic followers after his death? After all, none of the Koran was even written until after he died. I ask you who have studied this more than I, is this a reasonable possibility?

A true message from the Father can never be lost. If Mohammed truly preached the God that is presented in the OT and NT, his original message would have survived somewhere somehow and a record of these "changes" would have been repeated throughout history. Instead early accounts of Mohammed's life, never mind his messages are troubling for he does not have the peace of mind that other men of God seemed to enjoy:

- his nurse thought he was possessed as a child.
- his encounter with "Gabriel" frightened him and brought him no peace
- he married 13 women, including a 9 year old and his son's wife

Other prophets in the bible have messed up too, but they seem to acknowledge their faults and repent of their deeds. Where does Mohammed (in the accounts of his personal lfie) ever show that he repented and desired to live a more holy and righteous lifestyle?

Blessings,
Dee

The title of this thread is "Who is Allah?". The first thing that came to my mind was the fact that Allah is simply the Arabic word for God.

The first pillar of Islam is to declare that there is no God but Allah and, Muhammad is the prophet of Allah. Not "there is no God but God" or "there is no Allah but Allah". Clearly, there is a distinction.

Why let the Muslims be the only ones who get to believe in Allah? "God" in the Arabic translation of the Bible is Allah. If I prayed to Allah, I would be addressing the Father of Jesus Christ in Arabic.

Allah is not the father of Jesus. The Qur'an clearly states that "Allah neither begets, nor is begotten". Islam rejects the fact that Jesus is the Son of God, let alone that God has a son in the first place. Again, "Allah" cannot simply mean "God" if the Qur'an denies a fundamental aspect of God: His Fatherhood.

The Qur'an was verbally revealed to Muhammad over the course of two decades and his followers wrote down the revelations as dictated by Muhammad. Granted, these writings were not compiled until after Muhammad's death however, every action by Muhammad & his followers were justified by these revelations i.e. The Qur'an. Consequently, during the twenty some odd years of Muhammad's "ministry", subsequent revelations sometimes contradicted earlier revelations. These are referred to as "abrogated verses". Meaning earlier revelations are superseded by later revelations.

If God humbled Himself by coming to Earth, taking the form of a man, offering Himself as the ultimate atonement for the sins of the world and, ascending back into Heaven there is no way that Muhammad was a true prophet for God, that the Qur'an were true revelations from God and, that Islam is the true worship of God because they distort, if not openly reject, the true nature of God & His Son and the true revelations made by the prophets of the OT and the final revelations made by the ultimate prophet Himself: Jesus Christ, our Lord & Savior, God in the flesh.

God is a title, rank or position that is assumed by many beings, earthly and spiritual. But everyone who claims this title is not the Father of Christ. Fortunately for Christians, God gave us His Name in the OT, so that we would be able to identify and know the true Almighty.

Unless arabic translates YHWH, then just saying "god" could be pointing to any diety.

I must admit, I do not read Arabic, but I learned from an Arabic scholar that there are several places in the Arabic translation of the Bible that Allah is used where the English version would read God. Are you saying that he didn't know what he was talking about?

A true message from the Father can never be lost. If Mohammed truly preached the God that is presented in the OT and NT, his original message would have survived somewhere somehow and a record of these "changes" would have been repeated throughout history.

This is an interesting belief. I agree that God's word is always true and will always resurface after a period of rejection by man. This happened before and during Christ's ministry. The prophet Amos prophesied,“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord"(Amos 8:11-12). So we know that there have been times when God's true gospel was lost and not available to man, especially with specific groups. When you talk about his original message surviving somehow, I would like to know where that idea comes from. It seems to contradict what Amos taught.

Again, all we have recorded about Mohammed is what we got from fanatic followers after his death. How do we know his message was not corrupted and what we read from the Koran is a corruption of what he originally taught? That might be an explanation for the contradictions.

I must admit, I do not read Arabic, but I learned from an Arabic scholar that there are several places in the Arabic translation of the Bible that Allah is used where the English version would read God. Are you saying that he didn't know what he was talking about?

This is not about transliteration (word for word for word) but about context. Let's say you describe your brother, Jay for example, as a humbe man who wouldn't hurt a fly and have many witnesses to this fact. Then years later, someone writes a book about Jay, that describes him as a party-going womanizer. What would you think? Probably;

a. These people can't possibly be talking about the same Jay.
b. These people never met Jay.
c. These people are lying about Jay.

The Koran's description of God and his Son are opposite and different from what we read in the OT/NT. The name and places may be the same but the story is different. It seems rather evident that;

a. the writers of the Koran were not talking about YHWH and Christ,
b. that they never had a personal relationship with them and
c. they were lying about the angels who visited Mohammed.

Especially since many people believed that in his youth, Mohammed was demon posessed.

This is an interesting belief. I agree that God's word is always true and will always resurface after a period of rejection by man. This happened before and during Christ's ministry. The prophet Amos prophesied,“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord"(Amos 8:11-12). So we know that there have been times when God's true gospel was lost and not available to man, especially with specific groups. When you talk about his original message surviving somehow, I would like to know where that idea comes from. It seems to contradict what Amos taught.

It should be obvious that before Christ came into the world to spread the Good News of the gospel that those who existed prior to that time were under the Law of God. Fortunately, after Christ was crucified, he descended first to preach the gospel to those who were not alive to hear his message and by this act was able to spread the message to everyone. The gospel was not lost to the generations that came before Christ.

What Amos is speaking about is a future event that occurs in the Day of the Lord.

Amos 8
...2Then the Lord said, “Like this fruit, Israel is ripe for punishment! I will not delay their punishment again. 3 In that day the singing in the Temple will turn to wailing. Dead bodies will be scattered everywhere. They will be carried out of the city in silence. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!”
...7 Now the Lord has sworn this oath
by his own name, the Pride of Israel:
“I will never forget
the wicked things you have done!
8 The earth will tremble for your deeds,
and everyone will mourn.
The ground will rise like the Nile River at floodtime;
it will heave up, then sink again.

9In that day,” says the Sovereign Lord,
I will make the sun go down at noon
and darken the earth while it is still day.
10 I will turn your celebrations into times of mourning
and your singing into weeping.
You will wear funeral clothes
and shave your heads to show your sorrow—
as if your only son had died.
How very bitter that day will be! 11 “The time is surely coming,” says the Sovereign Lord,
“when I will send a famine on the land—
not a famine of bread or water
but of hearing the words of the Lord.
12 People will stagger from sea to sea
and wander from border to border
searching for the word of the Lord,
but they will not find it.
13 Beautiful girls and strong young men
will grow faint in that day,
thirsting for the Lord’s word.

The Day of the Lord, also referred to as "that day" is not a 24 hr day but a day that begins with the Lord unleashing his anger on Israel. They are attacked and ravished by the nations surrounding her. Since the DOTL begins after the rapture there are no allies left for Israel to call on and she is utterly defeated. However, God will then turn on he nations that attacked Israel and bring his complete wrath upon the world. It will be a dark and dreary day as described in scriptures. It is a future event.

Again, all we have recorded about Mohammed is what we got from fanatic followers after his death. How do we know his message was not corrupted and what we read from the Koran is a corruption of what he originally taught? That might be an explanation for the contradictions.

I guess my question to you is, if you are unsure of the Koran's authenticity and think it might have been corrupted, why argue that it is a valid piece of work to begin with? Why trust a book and author if you are not sure of the original message? A lot of the Koran is an agruement against Jews and Christians. Why not just read the Torah and the bible, which has been validated and consistent throughout the ages?

Blessings,
Dee

Last edited by a moderator:
Mohammad said: "You already believe that Allah is a god, why not believe that he is the only god." Allah was a pagan god worshipped by the Arabs. Yahwah is God's only personal name. The name Yahwah is not in the Quran. The Arabs hated Yahwah because he would not curse the Jews for them.

I don't understand why so many Christians (individually) and Christian groups are trying to find common ground with Islam. Allah was a pagan deity elevated to the status of God (singular) by a prophet visited by an entity of questionable origin. An angel? Entirely possible, since 1/3 of the angels are now on Lucifer's team. This sort of thing has happened before. Egyptian Pharaoh Ankhenaten tried to destroy most of the Egyptian pantheon and replace it all with one supreme deity, the uber-God Aten. Both religions are interesting in that they were attempts at monotheism is polytheistic cultures, but both fail the Christian litmus test: they either had no knowledge of Christ (the Egyptian religion) or they fail to acknowledge Him as the only Son of God (Islam).

I think today's mushy-minded pursuit of multiculturalism and "tolerance" for just about anything and anyone has created an environment in which Truth is sacrificed for the sake of "getting along" or "tolerance" or to end divisiveness. The Truth always causes division, and this is especially true of Christianity. I think the thing for Christians to do is to keep on offending people with the Good News, because in a world lacking Truth or substance, the Gospel--complete, unabridged, unedited, steadfastly believed in and properly presented to an unbelieving, dying world--is the only road to peace and salvation.

I think the thing for Christians to do is to keep on offending people with the Good News, because in a world lacking Truth or substance, the Gospel--complete, unabridged, unedited, steadfastly believed in and properly presented to an unbelieving, dying world--is the only road to peace and salvation.
:thumbsup

I think the difficulty lies in what has been said already: that "Allah" is Arabic for the English "God." What is important to note though is that it has at least two different meanings. There is the general "God" and the specific God of Islam. If I am not mistaken, even Christian Arabic translations of the Bible use Allah.

And this is no different than the English use of "God" and how it means different things to different people and groups of people.

Christ_empowered said:
I think the thing for Christians to do is to keep on offending people with the Good News, because in a world lacking Truth or substance, the Gospel--complete, unabridged, unedited, steadfastly believed in and properly presented to an unbelieving, dying world--is the only road to peace and salvation.
But it must be done out of love and the right attitude and not with the intent to offend. If one has spoken the truth of Jesus in humility, gentleness and love, and out of genuine concern for the listener, if they are offended then it is the listeners problem. Otherwise it is a problem with the speaker.

Here's two arguments.

1. Why are we "people of the book"?
2. Why is Christianity, Judaism, and Christianity all Abrahamic religions?

1.Because, compared to pre-Islamic Arab paganism, Judeo-Christianity was the only monotheistic faith at the time of Muhammad.
2.Islam traces it's spiritual heritage back to Ishmael, not Isaac:

Galatians 4:
28 Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” 31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Here's two arguments.

1. Why are we "people of the book"?
2. Why is Christianity, Judaism, and Christianity all Abrahamic religions?
the people of the book are only jews. that is a title jews claim and it implies the torah. christians in general dont start learning the torah and or the pentateuch.

lol well i did. i read that part of the ot first.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back