Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who is Mystery Babylon ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I post what I believe,what difference does it make what the source is?

I believe that if people write their views instead of simply pasting them from another source, they're more likely to think about them. It's the difference between making a pizza from scratch and having it delivered.

Im I to assume that you think all prophecy has been fulfilled?

I don't know. I haven't looked at them all.

I believe that if people write their views instead of simply pasting them from another source, they're more likely to think about them. It's the difference between making a pizza from scratch and having it delivered.

I don't know. I haven't looked at them all.

I think very much about what I post,written or pasted.....

Let me put it this way,are you in the group of amillennialism

A simple Bible search of the words scarlet and purple!
In order to discover HER identity it would probably be needful to examine very closely HER makeup. For, SHE is after all symbolic.

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: and upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration." (Rev 17:4-6)

What DO THE SCRIPTURES say these things stand for?

A distinguishing mark of babylon is that it is a city that will reign over the Rulers of the world, at the time Revelation was written Rome would have fit that pretty good, I cannot imagine Jerusalem ever being the ruling city of this age.
Then you dont understand just how much Jewish money and influence is flowing through NY.

Then you dont understand just how much Jewish money and influence is flowing through NY.
Forget about NY. Think 1st. century and who the leading money changers and merchants were.

Jesus did not turn the tables because the Romans were taking advantage of the locals and pilgrams. :yes

Forget about NY. Think 1st. century and who the leading money changers and merchants were.

Jesus did not turn the tables because the Romans were taking advantage of the locals and pilgrams. :yes

Jesus, being Jewish, did not turn the tables just because the leading money changers and merchants were Jewish. Rather, those hypocrites were perverting what it meant to be Jewish.

Jesus, being Jewish, did not turn the tables just because the leading money changers and merchants were Jewish. Rather, those hypocrites were perverting what it meant to be Jewish.
... which furthers my point. :thumbsup They, in effect, prostituted themselves and made themselves the subject of God's wrath.

The point being that Jewish money and influence are not in and of themselves bad things.
I agree with you.

I am uncomfortable with some people on this site slamming the jews, I really think we need to be careful about where our stinkin thinkin is leading too. My pastor although I love and respect him a great deal often times makes off handed remarks there are some areas that he preaches about for example the kenites, as being evil but that if they repent they can be saved and it bothers me that he obviously singles them out, (to be honest I am not really sure who the kenites are LOL) I haven't really study or listen him much because I feel the good LORD loves all his children and for us to point at a certain group is dangerous.

I am not talking about extremists, that is an obvious group that we need to aware of but lets not group them as all being evil.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Revelation 17:
1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

If Mystery Babylon is Jersualem how come Jerusalem is responsible for the blood of the martyrs of Jesus in Verse 6? Where are all the dead Christian martyrs killed by Jerusalem? I see that the Roman Empire and the Roman Catholic Church have killed millions of Christians around the world. So it must be Rome according to that. And in the future if God is going to save the Jews (Israelites) by waking them up so that they recognize Jesus as the Messiah, why would Jerusalem be Mystery Babylon?

If Mystery Babylon is Jersualem how come Jerusalem is responsible for the blood of the martyrs of Jesus in Verse 6? Where are all the dead Christian martyrs killed by Jerusalem?
Well, let's see here, starting with the stoning of Stephen in Acts 7:
{59} They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" {60} Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" Having said this, he fell asleep. Acts 7:59-60 (NASB)

Which led to a great persecution against Christ's followers in Acts 8:
{1} Saul was in hearty agreement with putting him to death. And on that day a great persecution began against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. {2} Some devout men buried Stephen, and made loud lamentation over him. {3} But Saul began ravaging the church, entering house after house, and dragging off men and women, he would put them in prison. Acts 8:1-3 (NASB)

Which led to the deaths of thousands of believers who were first persecuted by the Jews. And here's a bedtime story for you from Eusebius on the death of the Lord's brother James:

Now follows a more full account of the death of James the Just, (coll. p. 49, 77,) the first bishop of Jerusalem...

As there were many therefore of the rulers that believed [in Christ], there arose a tumult among the Jews, Scribes, and Pharisees, saying that there was danger, that the people would now expect Jesus as the Messiah. They came therefore together, and said to James, "We entreat thee, restrain the people, who are led astray after Jesus, as if he were the Christ. We entreat thee to persuade all that are coming to the feast of the passover rightly concerning Jesus; for we all have confidence in thee, for we and all the people bear thee testimony that thou art just, and thou respectest not persons. Persuade therefore the people not to be led astray by Jesus, for we and all the people have great confidence in thee. Stand therefore upon a wing of the temple, that thou mayest be conspicuous on high, and thy words may be easily heard by all the people; for all the tribes have come together on account of the passover, with some of the Gentiles also.

The aforesaid Scribes and Pharisees, therefore, placed James upon a wing of the temple, and cried out to him, '0 thou just man, whom we ought all to believe, since the people are led astray after Jesus that was crucified, declare to us what is the door to Jesus that was crucified.' And he answered with a loud voice, 'Why do ye ask me respecting Jesus the Son of Man? He is now sitting in the heavens, on the right hand of great Power, and is about to come on the clouds of heaven.'

And as many were confirmed, and gloried in this testimony of James, and said, Hosanna to the son of David, these same priests and Pharisees said to one another, 'We have done badly in affording such testimony to Jesus, but let us go up and cast him down, that they may dread to believe in him.'

And they cried out, 'Oh, oh, Justus himself is deceived,' and they fulfilled that which is written in Isaiah, 'Let us take away the just, because he is offensive to us; wherefore they shall eat the fruit of their doings.' Isa. 3.

Going up therefore, they cast down the just man, saying to one another, 'Let us stone James the Just' And they began to stone him, as he did not die immediately when cast down; but turning round, he knelt down saying, 'I entreat thee, 0 Lord God and Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.' Thus they were stoning him, when one of the priests of the sons of Rechab, a son of the Rechabites, spoken of by Jeremiah the prophet, cried out saying, 'Cease, what are you doing? Justus is praying for you.'

And one of them, a fuller, beat out the brains of Justus with the club that he used to beat out clothes. Thus he suffered martyrdom, and they buried him on the spot where his tombstone is still remaining, by the temple. He became a faithful witness, both to the Jews and Greeks, that Jesus is the Christ.

Immediately after this, Vespasian invaded and took Judea."

Eusebius Pamphilus, The Ecclesiastical History of Eusebius Pamphilus, WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 75-78.

{9} When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; {10} and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth? [lit. the land]" {11} And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also. Revelation 6:9-11 (NASB)

{6} And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints [holy Jews], and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus [followers of Christ]. When I saw her, I wondered greatly. Revelation 17:6 (NASB)

James the Just, was the last martyr killed in Jerusalem - like those before him - immediately before the Romans invaded Judea and Jerusalem.

Rome was the beast upon which Mystery Babylon rode. Mystery Babylon was Jerusalem.

Hope this helps.

Im sorry my point must have been missed. In todays worldwide economy we can not visuallise where the real authority lies because the money determines the power, and companies operate under many differant names and shadow companies. Many of the worlds largest banks are Jewish controlled, Goldman sachs etc. A big winner in the last reccession and stand to make big gains in the depression that we are about to go through. Hystoricly speaking this has happened over and over again, the Jews Gain economic power through there bussiness practices, and the nations themselves go broke, then assimulate the wealth of the Jews and expel them from the country.
Now to be clear i dont have a problem with the Jews, i have been to israel and loved it. Rome really does not fit the bill in my estimation, i dont see them gaining power in this world, nor much influence. Israel is about to become the centerpiece of attention as the UN declares the West bank a palestinian state, leaving israel unable to defend themselves from hamas and be declared a terrorrist state granting the UN the (right) to assimulate the Jewish wealth.

Who stoned Stephen?

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

In order to discover HER identity it would probably be needful to examine very closely HER makeup. For, SHE is after all symbolic.

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: and upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration." (Rev 17:4-6)

What DO THE SCRIPTURES say these things stand for?

It is sad that we seem to not have the heart to apply ourselves to the Scriptures so that, before the Lord, we can discover the meanings of the symbols used to describe THE HARLOT.

Tables

The exchange was disrupted by Jesus because they were not using equal measures.

Deuteronomy 25:14
Thou shalt not have in thine house divers measures, a great and a small.

It is sad that we seem to not have the heart to apply ourselves to the Scriptures so that, before the Lord, we can discover the meanings of the symbols used to describe THE HARLOT.

The meanings of these symbols have been posted several times in this thread by several different people, yet I have yet to read your view of what these symbols mean.

Enlighten us, please. :thumbsup

The meanings of these symbols have been posted several times in this thread by several different people, yet I have yet to read your view of what these symbols mean.

Enlighten us, please. :thumbsup

Thought maybe I had missed something in the thread so I went back and reviewed all that has been posted. I see lots of maybe's and suppositions, but I can find nowhere that the symbols applied to this harlot by the Lord have been set forth from Scripture.

As an example, in the parable of the sower the Lord tells us that the "seed" IS the Word of God.

Also, He has given us the keys to the kingdom and we should be able to discover through the Scriptures what the "parable" of the great harlot is, for it is again simply this stands for that. Peace

I agree with you.

I am uncomfortable with some people on this site slamming the jews, I really think we need to be careful about where our stinkin thinkin is leading too. My pastor although I love and respect him a great deal often times makes off handed remarks there are some areas that he preaches about for example the kenites, as being evil but that if they repent they can be saved and it bothers me that he obviously singles them out, (to be honest I am not really sure who the kenites are LOL) I haven't really study or listen him much because I feel the good LORD loves all his children and for us to point at a certain group is dangerous.

I am not talking about extremists, that is an obvious group that we need to aware of but lets not group them as all being evil.

:)
It wasn't my intentions to bash anyone and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

But someone somewhere else posted a list of all the judgments against Israel and that can't be ignored. We must remember, the bulk of the Bible was written about them, the good and the bad.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back