Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's like you didn't even read my post.
Which post # 87 or ?
That'd be the one.

#87 Jethro Bodine:
If Jesus can be a legitimate non-literal, New Covenant fulfillment of the Mosaic laws of sacrifice (and he is) then he can surely be a non-literal, New Covenant fulfillment of the Mosaic Sabbath laws (and he is).

Because he is the fulfillment of the law (not the abolishing of it) this change of law can, and has, occurred.

Last edited:
We do not know that.. JLB you are always asking for others to post a Scripture to support their view.. Can you posts a Scripture to support your posts? can you show He did not offer a piece offering? We know He did not sin..

I asked for a scripture to support the claim that Jesus kept the law of Moses, such as keeping the Sabbath according to the law, or sacrificing animals for sin, or guilt offerings, or peace offerings, or love offerings.

The reason I asked for scripture to support these claims is; I haven't found any scriptures to support the claim that Jesus kept the Sabbath according to Moses, or sacrificed animals for sin.

Now you are asking me to give scriptures to prove that there are no scriptures to support Jesus keeping the Savbath or sacrificing animals?

Makes no sense Reba.

Do you believe Jesus sacrificed animals for His sin?

I don't, because He didn't sin.

He didn't need to.

The law was added because of transgressions... Galatians 3:19

What transgression did Jesus commit?

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4:15

Again, if you have a scripture that shows that Jesus kept the Sabbath according to Moses law, or that He sacrificed animals, or brought animals for offerings... Then please share.

I myself don't find any, which leads me to believe He didn't.

I certainly would make the claim that Jesus was our example of keeping the commandments of the law, without any supporting scripture.

He is our example of Loving God, and loving our neighbor.

He is our example of being led by the Spirit.

He is our example of obeying the Voice of God.

JLB

I asked for a scripture to support the claim that Jesus kept the law of Moses, such as keeping the Sabbath according to the law, or sacrificing animals for sin, or guilt offerings, or peace offerings, or love offerings.

The reason I asked for scripture to support these claims is; I haven't found any scriptures to support the claim that Jesus kept the Sabbath according to Moses, or sacrificed animals for sin.

Now you are asking me to give scriptures to prove that there are no scriptures to support Jesus keeping the Savbath or sacrificing animals?

Makes no sense Reba.

Do you believe Jesus sacrificed animals for His sin?

I don't, because He didn't sin. Are you not reading the post you are responding too from post #110 We know He did not sin..

He didn't need to.

The law was added because of transgressions... Galatians 3:19

What transgression did Jesus commit?

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4:15

Again, if you have a scripture that shows that Jesus kept the Sabbath according to Moses law, or that He sacrificed animals, or brought animals for offerings... Then please share.

I myself don't find any, which leads me to believe He didn't.

I certainly would make the claim that Jesus was our example of keeping the commandments of the law, without any supporting scripture.

He is our example of Loving God, and loving our neighbor.

He is our example of being led by the Spirit.

He is our example of obeying the Voice of God.

JLB

JBL Can youi prove to me via scripture that Jesus did not follow the law's God gave His people? You know you cant... At the time of His earthly life He had not yet been sacrificed... We can kinda figure as a youngster He went to temple with His 'family'.. Worshiping the Lord God as customary ... Which would be to follow ( as they in those times thought ) the laws given by God to be.. Gods laws are not an evil they were given to give life
Deu_4:1 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.

Again i ask you the same as you ask of others for your scripture backup.... I simply say there are things we dont know.. I believe we are told what was important and the if we are not told it was not important... We all assume many things we are in the same assuming boat no matter which assumption we choose to accept.... We just dont know...

the law's God gave His people?

The 10 commandments?

I agree He followed the law of God.

I don't agree He kept the literal law of Moses, since He never put anyone to death for not keeping the Sabbath according to Moses.

and, we don't have any scriptures to verify Him sacrificing animals.

The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Luke 16:16

I don't agree He kept the literal law of Moses, since He never put anyone to death for not keeping the Sabbath according to Moses.
I don't think that is a good example because Jesus was not in the position of having anyone put to death. He was not on the counsel that decided these things. At the same time we never hear Him condemning anyone for not observing the Sabbath day. But that's an argument from silence.
The Pharisees accused Him of allowing His disciples to break the Law by working on the Sabbath. His response says that He has more authority than the high priest who works in the temple on the Sabbath.
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

JBL Can youi prove to me via scripture that Jesus did not follow the law's God gave His people? You know you cant... At the time of His earthly life He had not yet been sacrificed... We can kinda figure as a youngster He went to temple with His 'family'.. Worshiping the Lord God as customary ... Which would be to follow ( as they in those times thought ) the laws given by God to be.. Gods laws are not an evil they were given to give life
Deu_4:1 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.

Again i ask you the same as you ask of others for your scripture backup.... I simply say there are things we dont know.. I believe we are told what was important and the if we are not told it was not important... We all assume many things we are in the same assuming boat no matter which assumption we choose to accept.... We just dont know...

Reba,

The Melchizedek Priesthood does not submit to the Levitical Priesthood.

In fact, it is the other way around, the Levitical Priesthood is to submit to the Melchizedek Priesthood, as being greater.

4 Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave a tenth of the spoils. 5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to receive tithes from the people according to the law, that is, from their brethren, though they have come from the loins of Abraham; 6 but he whose genealogy is not derived from them received tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. 8 Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. 9 Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, 10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him. Hebrews 7:4-10

Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better.

Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

JLB

At the same time we never hear Him condemning anyone for not observing the Sabbath day.

Exactly.

Remember, I'm not saying He didn't rest on the Sabbath, I'm saying not necessarily according to the law of Moses.

JLB

Yes Jesus was/is not Levit .. maybe i dont understand what you mean when you say the law of Moses..

The law of Moses was added to the Abrahamic Covenant, until The Seed..,

Jesus, the Seed, instituted the New Covenant.

New does not mean Different, but rather it means "renewed" or refreshed.

What was "renewed"?

The Abrahamic Covenant was RENEWED.

It now is a better covenant based on better promises. It has always included Gentiles.

It was Jesus, who made covenant with Abraham, before He became flesh. Abraham's part in this blood covenant was circumcision.

The Lord became flesh so that He could fulfill this covenant and give those in this covenant His Spirit.

The law of Moses was added to this covenant until Jesus.

The law of Moses was the law of the Sinai Covenant.

The law of Moses was always temporary.

And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying,“In you all the nations shall be blessed.”
Galatians 3:8

JLB

Yes Jesus was/is not Levit .. maybe i dont understand what you mean when you say the law of Moses..
The book of Hebrews tells us that this verse of the psalm is also about Jesus. It briefly mentions this in chapter 5, and then again at the end of chapter 6, telling us that Jesus "has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." Chapter 7 then explains this in more detail. https://www.gci.org/bible/hebrews7

https://www.gci.org/searchresults?query=https://www.gci.org/bible/hebrews7

Last edited:

Jesus, the Seed, instituted the New Covenant.

New does not mean Different, but rather it means "renewed" or refreshed.

What was "renewed"?

The Abrahamic Covenant was RENEWED.

It now is a better covenant based on better promises. It has always included Gentiles.

It was Jesus, who made covenant with Abraham, before He became flesh. Abraham's part in this blood covenant was circumcision.

The Lord became flesh so that He could fulfill this covenant and give those in this covenant His Spirit.

The law of Moses was added to this covenant until Jesus.

The law of Moses was the law of the Sinai Covenant.

The law of Moses was always temporary.

And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying,“In you all the nations shall be blessed.”
Galatians 3:8

JLB

http://www.biblebelievers.com/Dispen1b.htm

http://www.biblebelievers.com/Dispen1b.htm

What's this?

15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it. 16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,”[i] who is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect. 18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3:15-19

The law was added, to the Abraamic Covenant:
.... because of transgressions.
....till the Seed should come.

The law was always a temporary addition to the Abrahamic, until the Covenant Maker confirmed it in His own blood.

JLB

What you call Moses' law is a big part of the Abrahamic covenant of God..

When you say 'seed' are you referring to His birth? Death? resurrection?

What you call Moses' law is a big part of the Abrahamic covenant of God..

When you say 'seed' are you referring to His birth? Death? resurrection?

The law was a part of the Abrahamic Covenant.

The law was added until the Seed should come...

By saying until, the Holy Spirit is indicating the law was temporary.

Concerning "Seed", we know what the scripture says about the law of commandments being abolished in His flesh...

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
Ephesians 2:14-15

However, in Galatians 3, I believe Seed refers to Christ, as He was revealed in His Ministry, as He was teaching His Law, as superceding the law of Moses.

As He said -

The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Luke 16:16

JLB

JLB that is not an answer i understand... thanks for trying..

No, I disagree, you don't understand.

Maybe if you read my answer..,

However, in Galatians 3, I believe Seed refers to Christ, as He was revealed in His Ministry, as He was teaching His Law, as superceding the law of Moses.

until the Seed should come...

It was Christ, as He walked in His Ministry, preaching the kingdom of God....

Teach His law...During His Ministry.

For the law...was until John.

Since that time, the kingdom of God has been preached. Luke 16:16

JLB

For the law...was until John. Thanks that one got through my thick skull...
JLB i read the other post. It is not nice to imply i didnt ...:cries

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back