Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY DID GOD GIVE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hmmm, Good point Davies,

To be physically afraid is different than being spiritually afraid don't you think?

A childs father can be large and powerful, but if that powerful father is mercyful, loving and kind does that child live in fear?

Digging

Hmmm, Good point Davies,

To be physically afraid is different than being spiritually afraid don't you think?

A childs father can be large and powerful, but if that powerful father is mercyful, loving and kind does that child live in fear?

Digging

Hi Digging,

No. The child takes great comfort in knowing his Father is for him and is jealous over his well being.

Amen,

- Davies

Well for myself when we start reverting back to 'Be Afraid'

I know that is not the true path because the scriptures say

'love cast fear out'

Digging

The Law is that which which brings Gods wrath. If a man really believed in His wrath against unrighteousness then there is no way some would play the word games and reject Pauls epistles as some do.

No, real fear of God would never make-up doctrine and would lead to the righteousness of faith alone.

A man who thinks he can break the law, and then claim well we are not under that part, has no real fear of God.

You guys are messing up a good thread with made-up doctrine!

Now, ALL youl who claim "moral law"? First, the term is not a biblical one, but one made-up by religious folks years ago!

Also it is very clear that if one is under any part of the law they are subject to keep the WHOLE LAW! EVERY JOT AND TITTLE! not this and that and whatever seems best to your sense of "moral" justice.

Also those who claim to uphold "moral law" are just using another word to descibe SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS! fool yourself If you like but God is not mocked!

You mean like David did?

Psa 119:1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Psa 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psa 19:11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
Psa 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
Psa 19:13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

and there are hundreds of other statements concerning the law. Now Mitspa, here is something to think about...

Jer 33:14 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.
Jer 33:15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.
Jer 33:16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.
Jer 33:17 For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;
Jer 33:18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.
Jer 33:19 And the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah, saying,
Jer 33:20 Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
Jer 33:21 Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.
Jer 33:22 As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured: so will I multiply the seed of David my servant, and the Levites that minister unto me.

When Christ returns...

Eze 34:22 Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.
Eze 34:23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
Eze 34:24 And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.
Eze 34:25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
Eze 34:26 And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.

Eze 37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
Eze 37:17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
Eze 37:18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?
Eze 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
Eze 37:20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
Eze 37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
Eze 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
Eze 37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
Eze 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
Eze 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
Eze 37:26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
Eze 37:27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Eze 37:28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

David will rule over all of Israel with the twelve Apostles UNDER him in the Kingdom...

Luk 22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
Luk 22:30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The Apostles are rulers over one tribe each, but David is King over all. Now how angry is God with David for keeping His law, for teaching His law and living His law?

First David did not write that psalm!

second the OLD testament will always point you to the law of moses. The NEW COVENANT will take you out of law and into Christ Jesus.

If you had really honored Gods law and precepts? you would never turn away from Christ back into death and condemnation!

The law of Moses never saved. Period. Faith Saved Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Once again if you had read thru the thread you would know the context misinterpreted is the whole law. It was the keeping of the whole law, sacrifices and all, that was the issue vs Christ's fulfillment of the sacrificial and judicial shedding of blood, the new covenant of the non sacrificial law of faith. The faith was the believing in Christ and not the keeping of the whole law.

If the law couldn't save why would Christ sacrifice his blood in the law to cover all sins forever?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:
but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Notice it says in the kingdom of heaven, whosoever teacheth!!

Luk 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
Luk 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Luk 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.
I don't think I can make it any clearer than this. Eventhough the law is fulfilled, to put away your wife except in the case of adultery to marry another is still adultery, a sin under the laws of Moses.
Not one tittle has passed away. What was sin then is still sin now, eventhough Christ is our forgiveness with plenty of grace! The nail in the coffin of this arguement!

Last edited by a moderator:
First David did not write that psalm!

second the OLD testament will always point you to the law of moses. The NEW COVENANT will take you out of law and into Christ Jesus.

If you had really honored Gods law and precepts? you would never turn away from Christ back into death and condemnation!

The New Covenant will take you out of law?

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

The fault was not the Law or the Covenant, the fault was with the people.

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

The reason was they did not continue in the Covenant.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Whoa! The New Covenant is writing the Law in our hearts and minds. It is us internalizing God's law!

Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Why certainly they will not have to teach each other, the Law will be written inthe hearts and minds and they will know the mind of God.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The New Covenant will be mercy extended to sinners and their sins and lawlessness (iniquity) will not be remembered because it is covered by the Sacrifice of Christ. Necessary because of transgression of the Law.

Once again if you had read thru the thread you would know the context misinterpreted is the whole law. It was the keeping of the whole law, sacrifices and all, that was the issue vs Christ's fulfillment of the sacrificial and judicial shedding of blood, the new covenant of the non sacrificial law of faith. The faith was the believing in Christ and not the keeping of the whole law.

If the law couldn't save why would Christ sacrifice his blood in the law to cover all sins forever?

I don't think I can make it any clearer than this. Eventhough the law is fulfilled, to put away your wife except in the case of adultery to marry another is still adultery, a sin under the laws of Moses.
Not one tittle has passed away. What was sin then is still sin now, eventhough Christ is our forgiveness with plenty of grace! The nail in the coffin of this arguement!

You are dealing with a problem here precepts...

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

New International Version (©1984)
the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
For the mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit itself to God's law, for it is unable to do so.

International Standard Version (©2012)
That is why the mind that focuses on human nature is hostile toward God. It refuses to submit to the authority of God's Law because it is powerless to do so.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Because the mind of the flesh is hatred toward God, for it is not subject to the law of God because it cannot be.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
This is so because the corrupt nature has a hostile attitude toward God. It refuses to place itself under the authority of God's standards because it can't.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:

Douay-Rheims Bible
Because the wisdom of the flesh is an enemy to God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither can it be.

Darby Bible Translation
Because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God; for neither indeed can it be:

English Revised Version
because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
Abandonment to earthly things is a state of enmity to God. Such a mind does not submit to God's Law, and indeed cannot do so.

World English Bible
because the mind of the flesh is hostile towards God; for it is not subject to God's law, neither indeed can it be.

Young's Literal Translation
because the mind of the flesh is enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself,

Certain ones can not be subject to God's law.

You are dealing with a problem here precepts...

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

New International Version (©1984)
the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God's laws, and it never will.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
For the mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit itself to God's law, for it is unable to do so.

International Standard Version (©2012)
That is why the mind that focuses on human nature is hostile toward God. It refuses to submit to the authority of God's Law because it is powerless to do so.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Because the mind of the flesh is hatred toward God, for it is not subject to the law of God because it cannot be.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
This is so because the corrupt nature has a hostile attitude toward God. It refuses to place itself under the authority of God's standards because it can't.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
Because the wisdom of the flesh is an enemy to God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither can it be.

Darby Bible Translation
Because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God; for neither indeed can it be:

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
Abandonment to earthly things is a state of enmity to God. Such a mind does not submit to God's Law, and indeed cannot do so.

World English Bible
because the mind of the flesh is hostile towards God; for it is not subject to God's law, neither indeed can it be.

Young's Literal Translation
because the mind of the flesh is enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself,

Certain ones can not be subject to God's law.
Try reading comprehension! The carnal minded can't obey God because of their carnality. It's not all men spoken of here but the carnal minded.

I notice you didn't comment on Christ apply the laws of Moses post the crucifixtion:
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:
but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Luk 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
Luk 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Luk 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.
The laws of Moses! Please comment, I would love to hear your excuses!

I cant make out what some of you are trying to say or affirm?
One post you seem to try to say that a believer is subject to EVERY PRECEPT AND EVERY JOT AND TITTLE! then you say its only the part you and your group have picked out? Then who try to claim to be justified by faith in Christ, apart from the law?

who can understand any of your doctrines? very complex!

As satan deceived eve? from the SIMPLICITY OF CHRIST!

no! your complex and made up doctrines are false!

If anyman preach another gospel other than that which Paul preached? they are cursed and false teachers!

Try reading comprehension! The carnal minded can't obey God because of their carnality. It's not all men spoken of here but the carnal minded.

I notice you didn't comment on Christ apply the laws of Moses post the crucifixtion:

The laws of Moses! Please comment, I would love to hear your excuses!

I believe my comment went over your head, friend, the carnal mind is the enemy of God and cannot obey Him. The converse is the converted mind can and does obey, that is the difference.

I full well believe and if you will check, you will find, that I frequently quote...

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I cant make out what some of you are trying to say or affirm?
One post you seem to try to say that a believer is subject to EVERY PRECEPT AND EVERY JOT AND TITTLE! then you say its only the part you and your group have picked out? Then who try to claim to be justified by faith in Christ, apart from the law?

who can understand any of your doctrines? very complex!

As satan deceived eve? from the SIMPLICITY OF CHRIST!

no! your complex and made up doctrines are false!

If anyman preach another gospel other than that which Paul preached? they are cursed and false teachers!
You're the one that's false, friend. Everything has been explained and proven by Christ's very own words, but I guess it's like what the old testament says about some.

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? [them that are] weaned from the milk, [and] drawn from the breasts.
Isa 28:10 For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little:
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This [is] the rest [wherewith] ye may cause the weary to rest; and this [is] the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
Isa 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
------------------------
Isa 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Isa 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed:
Isa 29:12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Isa 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, [even] a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise [men] shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent [men] shall be hid.
Isa 29:15 Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?
Isa 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay:[]/b for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?
---------------------------------
Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed
-----------------------------------
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and [their] ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Here endeth the lesson on the discerning of spirits!

Rom 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Gal 3:22

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

I find it really hard to understand how satan has so blinded much of the "church" It seems so few understand what is so clear?:pray

Again the OLD COVENANT has past for those who are in the NEW COVENANT. the old testament will always point to the law! The NEW TESTAMENT declares that the purpose of the law was to make ALL MEN SINNERS! that all might come to Christ by faith, and be justified from ALL THINGS for which one could not be justified by the law of moses.

It is EVIDENT that no man can be justified by any part of the OLD TESTAMENT LAW.

that if any keeps any part of the law, they must keep the WHOLE LAW, EVERY JOT AND TITTLE!

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law." I don't live my life trying to keep the law, I live my life trying to yield myself to The Holy Spirit, to lead me and guide me, and follow his word. "1Tim 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully" Paul was not an enemy of the law, just as long as it was used to point strictly to Christ and that when He came He fulfilled it in totality.

The law could not give eternal life; it could only exact its penalty, which was death. One is either under Grace or under Law, one or the other. The Abrahamic Covenant is still in effect, that is justification by faith, the law (which was added to define sin) can not annul this covenant, the inheritance cannot come from both covenants and, in fact cannot come by the law.

Right,

Just like only abstaining from the tree of Knowledge of good and bad did not give life, an extra act of also eating from the tree of life was needed. These two actions together is what would give life, rejecting the bad and hanging onto the good.

Digging

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law." I don't live my life trying to keep the law, I live my life trying to yield myself to The Holy Spirit, to lead me and guide me, and follow his word. "1Tim 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully" Paul was not an enemy of the law, just as long as it was used to point strictly to Christ and that when He came He fulfilled it in totality.

The law could not give eternal life; it could only exact its penalty, which was death. One is either under Grace or under Law, one or the other. The Abrahamic Covenant is still in effect, that is justification by faith, the law (which was added to define sin) can not annul this covenant, the inheritance cannot come from both covenants and, in fact cannot come by the law.

Thank you Shannon H!
I would also add that the precepts and commandments of the law, were shadows and types of Christ and His Righteousness. The law was spiritual. The truth that the letter spoke was of a righteousness that no man could keep but only Christ. Now we also have the Divine Nature and the Love of God shed abroad in our hearts. This is the truth of what was written.
But one cannot look to letter, they must look by faith to Christ. He must become our righteousness, and then He by the Spirit ministers righteousness to us.

We love because he first loved us, no man has or can love (agape) beyond what they have first received.

Only God Gets glory in the true gospel, because no man has anything accept what God has first given him.

Who have ears to hear let them hear!

Yes He fulfilled every jot and tittle!
I dont think some understand that He said to FULFILL IT?

that every jot and tittle mens He FULFILLED EVERY JOT AND TITTLE!

now just consider what some of you are trying to affirm?

That if in fact a believer is still under law, as some of you seem to be claiming! Then its every part of evey commandment and precept! Now some of you are claiming that part of the law was fulfilled and other parts were not! So how can one use this scripture to affirm EVERY JOT AND TITTLE, yet at the same time claim that its only part of the law? That is just religious double talk!

It always seems those of you who attempt to affirm the law, have your own parts of the law that you want to keep and then other parts that you and your false religious groups have decided are no longer to be kept!

Each false group has its own version of needed law keeping!

This is not the gospel!

IT IS EVIDENT THAT NO MAN CAN BE JUSTIFIED BY ANY PART OF THE LAW!

The just "righteous" shall live by faith! All else is false doctrine!

Yes He fulfilled every jot and tittle!
I dont think some understand that He said to FULFILL IT?

that every jot and tittle mens He FULFILLED EVERY JOT AND TITTLE!

now just consider what some of you are trying to affirm?

That if in fact a believer is still under law, as some of you seem to be claiming! Then its every part of evey commandment and precept! Now some of you are claiming that part of the law was fulfilled and other parts were not! So how can one use this scripture to affirm EVERY JOT AND TITTLE, yet at the same time claim that its only part of the law? That is just religious double talk!

It always seems those of you who attempt to affirm the law, have your own parts of the law that you want to keep and then other parts that you and your false religious groups have decided are no longer to be kept!

Each false group has its own version of needed law keeping!

This is not the gospel!

IT IS EVIDENT THAT NO MAN CAN BE JUSTIFIED BY ANY PART OF THE LAW!

The just "righteous" shall live by faith! All else is false doctrine!

Amen! Faith through the BLOOD OF JESUS!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back