Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why wont God heal amputees?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
These men have been teaching the church:

2Ti 3:5 holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power thereof: from these also turn away.
and now we are all suffering the confusion and result of the wolves that entered the flock.

Instead of Christianity being full of power it has been successfully drained of it by Satan, through his agents that stand in our pulpits. And God's people through their own fault, are still listening to them and defending them. It brought Christianity down to the level of the rest of the religions and we think its normal.

Think about it : Most Christians cannot even get healed from a common cold through prayer, because "it might not be God's will' :lol It IS rather funny if you think about it....the fact that we think God might not want to heal our cold for some "higher purpose" for "His glory" LOL.

Can anybody else see the confusion in Christianity ! We somehow know, that perhaps, maybe, somehow, sometimes, if possible, if its God's will, (which nobody seems to know !) we might get healed. LOL We are not different to the Muslims in that regard.

Bronzesnake said:
Hello my friends. I think this will be my last reply to this thread.
I think we've all got our messages across to each other, and to continue after this reply may only serve to cause problems, and I truly do not want that.

I understand the message in this thread.
The message is twofold.
First of all, it is a legitimate question and answer. Our lack of faith is a reason why amputees may not be restored to physical wholeness. It’s scriptural that we can move mountains if our faith is even a little bit strong. So Jesus is telling us we have the God given gift of Heavenly, Royal power, and for whatever reason we lack the faith in Jesus’ promise to exercise this power to its fullest extent.

Jesus told us we can move mountains and heal any physical anomaly. Jesus told us we have complete authority over all non human life, and yet people are killed either intentionally or by happenstance by animals all the time.

I believe that Jesus does not heal some of us because He has a purpose to fulfill.
Job is a great example. God struck Job with a series of serious problems all at the same time, and all because satan was challenging God...well, it’s really not that simple although I believe satan thought he had played God! So Job suffered while praying with faith to God for healing, which did not come.

Satan was doing what he does best – he was pointing out our sins. But God pointed out Job who had great faith. Well, satan being the beast that he is challenges God’s love for Job and tells God that it was easy for Job to be faithful because his life was richly blessed by God Himself!

So satan falls into his own trap because God goes along with satan’s scheming and scamming, and He tells satan that even if Job were stricken with illness and poverty he would still be faithful and he would not curse God. So satan went straight to work and worked on Job through his friends.

Job’s friends kept imploring him to curse God in retaliation for all these horrible afflictions, and in spite of his lowly state Job would not and did not curse God, which was yet another devastating loss at his own game...When will this devil ever learn that you simply cannot outwit, or outmanoeuvre God!
So here is an example where God actually causes illness and great suffering then does not heal Job until a greater victory is gained from it. But here’s the lesson of Job – God showed us via a challenge of satan that Job was healed and richly blessed in the end due to what? Due to Job’s unyielding faith!

So it is complicated but Cornelius is right. In the end it does boil down to faith. Without faith there is no real healing. What good is being completely healthy only to spend eternity in the Lake of Fire?

You are also correct because there are cases where physical damage is not healed because God has other plans, and it’s really amazing what circumstances God uses to defeat the enemy! Here again...the common denominator is faith! Job was under physical attack in spite of his faith. Job was not healed right away because of his faith, and then Job received greater wealth and health than he had before he was afflicted!

Remember when Jesus walked on water and Peter jumped out of the boat and walked on water as well? He did great as long as his eyes were on Jesus. Once Peter got afraid and turned his eyes away from Jesus and toward the storm Peter began to sink. Peter was terrified and screamed out for help and Jesus took his hand and caught him. Then they got back into the boat and the storm stopped.

So what’s the message here?
Well if we read the scriptures we discover that the disciples didn’t even recognise Jesus as He walked through the terrifying storm. This is very similar to what happens to us when we’re going through life’s storms. We get so wrapped up in the moment and we forget that Jesus is right here with us.

One situational example could be that I’m so devastated by losing a limb that I forget Jesus can restore me to fullness. I allow the storm of this horrible and terrifying loss to cloud my faith. In other words I don’t recognise Jesus through the storm.

Peter began to sink when he took his eyes off Jesus. When we take our eyes off Jesus during difficult times, or times of physical devastation we leave ourselves in a position of extreme vulnerability.

If Jesus had not reached out when Peter cried, Peter may have drowned.However, Jesus does lift us up out of seemingly impossible circumstances when we call on Him.
Peter had great faith that he could walk on water when he asked Jesus to bolster his faith "Lord, if it's you, tell me to come to you on the water." When Peter kept his eyes on Jesus his faith was solid, however he faltered, and in spite of that failure Peter cries out to Jesus knowing He is the only hope he has in that seriously dangerous situation.
Notice that when Jesus is in our boat the storms stop?
This is a very complicated topic, but if we all back up and take another fresh look at it we’ll find common ground, and we’ll learn something new from God. Amen?

John Bronzesnake

Amen, John.

We have to look to Jesus at all times.

I for one think we have to look beyond the physical, whether replacing limbs, healing sight, or just curing a common cold. My focus is Jesus, and I'll take whatever this life throws at me to do all I can to please the Father.

I think we all must be careful not to condemn anyone, but look to build each-other up in the faith.

Lloyd.

Hi all

Here is what is missing in your understanding. God did not give us power to do as we will. God does not work that way ! All power is of God, and the power of God can only be used by permission.

This is not a free for all, when it comes to claiming the healing or restoring power of God.

I can give you more than one example. But for starters, lets look at Peter walking on water.

Question: Did Peter walk on water because he had the power to do so ?

Did his faith allow him to be able to walk on water ?

The answer to both questions is an absolute NO !

Peter asked for permission from the Lord to come out with him on the water. Jesus said - "Come" - Matthew 14:27 - 31

Faith is required, and doubt can take away from the permission given. But before one can have the faith to do something in the name of the Lord, permission must be given first.

Even Satan in the book of Job, was given certain permission from the Lord God , that even allowed Satan to do the things he did upon Job. The Lord God did not give Satan permission to kill Job. So Satan was not allowed to kill Job. Inflict, yes, kill him , NO !

When anyone is given the power of God to heal someone in the name of the Lord. Permission "must" be given first !!

You can not remove any mountain, unless permission is given first ! You must have faith after the persmission is given. But you do not have the faith to remove a mountain unless permission is given to you by the Lord first !

All power is of God, not of you !

God will not allow anyone to abuse His power ! That is a fact ! Not a guess.

This name it and claim it theology, is not of the one true God !

The Word of God wants us to build up our faith. Being prepared for the day that the Lord calls you to do something. But the Lord will not ask you to do something, when he knows you do not have the faith to carry it out. And the Lord will not ask you to do something that is against His will ! That would be absurd !

Healing works in the same way. No permission, no healing. It is not about faith at this point in time. It is about the will of God !

So does God restore missing limbs, that have been missing for months or years ? If he does, then the Word of God will support this. And it does not ! Never has permission been given to anyone, to restore a lost limb, that has returned unto dust. And there is reason and a purpose as to why God has never given this permission !

:study

For those who have eyes to see and ears to hear:

Why did Jesus pray to the Father ? Because he stated, that he wanted to do the will of the Father and not his own will !

Jesus prayed that this cup might be removed . But the Father had Jesus empty his blood for us, to cleanse us of our sins .

False brethren and false teachers will tell you , that it is your will and your ability to believe or have faith that will heal you without the permission of the Father ! And this is just not true ! It is false ! One of the manifestation of the Spirit is - Faith. Faith has to be given in accordance to His will !

The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ has warned us of false teachers and false brethren teaching false doctrines , the doctrines of devils. God allows these false doctrines, because the true God wants us to come to him , asking for his permission. If we use Jesus as our example. We also will ask for permission first from our dear heavenly Father.

Do not be deceived ! And seek the will of the Father . And know this, that God will not contradict His Word !
:study

I listen on-line a lot to Hank Hanegraaff (Bible Answer Man), listening to shows going back. For those who listen to him, I'm sure you'd agree he is good. If you haven't, I think you would like it.

But those who believe in the "claim-it" gospel, you will have a problem with this, but if you are open to hearing everything you can, I urge you to. If you click on this link, and then click on "play now", this recording launches right into this topic. After a few commercials, he goes into great defense for relying on His Will rather than my will.

Check this out. You won't have to listen long, but you might want to keep listening!

Mike

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/bibl ... 98158.html

Bronzesnake said:
Let's stop attacking each other please. Cornelius is a good man, and he is not trying to take God's glory for himself.
Come on brothers and sisters, we need to stick together, we need to hold each other up and be an example to those who don't knowJesus.

Bronzesnake
Wrong.
His type does NO good for Christianity because WHEN GOD doesnt heal the person because its not HIS will to heal them C's type has convinced our dear brothers and sisters who are already in turmoil that THEY are to blame for God not healing them because THEY dont have real faith.

Cornelius and his ilk are not unlike the vomitous types who have turned Christianity into a money laundering scheme with this 100 fold return heresy.
Cornelius simply perverts passages about healing instead of ones about dollar bills.

He and others of these demonic heresies are a plague on our faith...on our brethren.

mjjcb said:
I listen on-line a lot to Hank Hanegraaff (Bible Answer Man), listening to shows going back. For those who listen to him, I'm sure you'd agree he is good. If you haven't, I think you would like it.

But those who believe in the "claim-it" gospel, you will have a problem with this, but if you are open to hearing everything you can, I urge you to. If you click on this link, and then click on "play now", this recording launches right into this topic. After a few commercials, he goes into great defense for relying on His Will rather than my will.

Check this out. You won't have to listen long, but you might want to keep listening!

Mike

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/bibl ... 98158.html
Youre right.
Once the lesson began it was less than 2 minutes in before the foundation was ripped right out from under these healing heresies.
I wouldnt expect anyone of these fallacies to actually listen, however...but the good thing is that the REST of the readers here WILL listen and will learn something.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
(Isa 53:5 KJV)
Also used in these that ARENT about physical healing...

I will heal their backslidings; I will love them freely; for My anger has turned away from him.
(Hos 14:4 MKJV)

Jer 3:22 Return, O backsliding sons, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come to You; for You are Jehovah our God.

I said, Jehovah, be merciful to me; heal my soul; for I have sinned against You.
(Psa 41:4 MKJV)

For lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for those going to ruin, nor will he seek the young, nor will heal that which is broken, nor will he feed that which stands. But he shall eat the flesh of the fat and tear off their hoofs.
(Zec 11:16 MKJV)

Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn back, and be healed.
(Isa 6:10 MKJV)

For many of the people, many from Ephraim and Manasseh, Issachar and Zebulun, had not been cleansed, but ate the Passover otherwise than it was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, May the good LORD pardon everyone who prepares his heart to seek God, Jehovah, the God of his fathers, though not cleansed according to the purification of the sanctuary. And Jehovah listened to Hezekiah and healed the people.
(2Ch 30:18-20 MKJV)

For everyone from the least of them even to the greatest of them cuts off a profit; and from the prophet even to the priest everyone deals falsely. They have also healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace, when there is no peace.
(Jer 6:13-14 MKJV)

Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed. Wail for her; take balm for her pain, if perhaps she may be healed.
(Jer 51:8 MKJV)

O Jehovah, the Hope of Israel, all who forsake You shall be ashamed. Those who depart from Me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken Jehovah, the Fountain of living waters. Heal me, O Jehovah, and I shall be healed, save me, and I shall be saved; for You are my praise.
(Jer 17:13-14 MKJV)

When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed unto Baalim, and burned incense to graven images. I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them.
(Hos 11:1-3 KJV)

When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim was discovered, and the wickedness of Samaria: for they commit falsehood; and the thief cometh in, and the troop of robbers spoileth without.
(Hos 7:1 KJV)

to those that believe in the healing guarentees/promises.

do you think that you have the authority to forgive sins and condemn? since you also claim that we can be just as annoited as jesus. did he not say that it's the selfsame power?

archangel_300 said:
happyjoy said:
Why do you assume the things that can be explained are God, and that God is refusing to heal amputees while doing things for others. I contend God isn't doing it for anyone. People have a real misunderstanding of statistics and probability. Very unlikely things happen all the time. Many people win the lottery every week in this country even though the odds are tens if not hundreds of millions to one that they won't win. Some people have cancer get better some don't. Sometimes bullets bounce off a ring or a belt buckle or zippo lighter. As long as it isn't impossible it will happen. That is the nature of probability.

So I assume that you have an understanding of statistics and probability?
Well I beg to differ because some events are too uncanny to be explained by mere coincidence or statistics and probability alone.

Why do you assume that as long as it isn't impossible and can be explained by probability that it's not the work of God? So God never works through improbabilities but only works through things which defy science? How about Joseph's rise to power in Egypt?

Genesis 50:19-20 Joseph said to them, “Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? 20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.

After all there was nothing supernaturally miraculous about his rise to power in Egypt now was there?

As stated in my previous post, my personal opinion is that God works through his divine laws which govern this universe. My guess is he doesn't break them unless it serves a very important divine purpose.

How do you explain the rise of Mohammed in Arabia? Wasn't he a orphan or such? Humble persons do occassionally rise to great prominence. Ask Bill Gates, the college dropout.

Physicist said:
How do you explain the rise of Mohammed in Arabia? Wasn't he a orphan or such? Humble persons do occassionally rise to great prominence. Ask Bill Gates, the college dropout.

Ahh but physicist you missed the point I was trying to make. My point was intended to prove that although it does not seem like God was working in Josephs life (specifically) He indeed was.

Does God work in everyone's life to bring a man of meager means to power? Maybe, maybe not.
But *specifically* in Joseph's life God definitely was at work here although there was no real supernatually miraculous event that occurred in Josephs life that brought him to where he was. It was just a series of incidents and trials. God is always mysteriously at work in the background to place us where we are meant to be. Just because something supernatually miraculous does not occur in our lives does not mean God is not at work in the shadows.

Back