Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why wont God heal amputees?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mysteryman said:
You received revelation that the word "maimed" in Matt. 15:30 means a lost limb ? If you believe this, you believed the wrong spirit then !

I must be mistaken ! I must then agree with you: God does not have the power to restore a lost limb. He is not all powerful.

Cornelius said:
Mysteryman said:
You received revelation that the word "maimed" in Matt. 15:30 means a lost limb ? If you believe this, you believed the wrong spirit then !

I must be mistaken ! I must then agree with you: God does not have the power to restore a lost limb. He is not all powerful.

Hi Cornelius

Using sarcasm is not very christian of you !

If God can create everything, he obviously has the power to replace a limb. However, does he ? < This by the way is a serious question I am asking you. If you can not take this discussion with any seriousness. Then I would have to conclude that you don't take anything seriously. Which would also show deceitfulness in your stance.

I ask you again, what about the way you used the word "maimed" ? Why do you refuse to answer this question ?

Nobody here seems interested in learning anything. Everybody just wants to vent their opinions. I am not going to waste my time. I will talk to anybody who wants to learn about faith and getting healed via PM.

blessings
C

Hello Cornelius.

Don't get discouraged brother. It is so obvious that you are a faithful man of God, and I understand what you are saying and I believe it to be Biblical.
I think what upsets some people, is it makes them feel like they are not good enough to be healed. I know this is not the intention of your posts, but it is more of a reaction from some of us to feel inadequate in some way when we hear God doesn’t heal us because we lack faith.

It is Biblical reality. Jesus said that if we had even a mustard grain’s worth of faith that we could tell a mountain to move and the mountain would move.
It’s a fact of reality that we are sinners, and we are living in a cursed universe, in a fallen state, and that is the main cause for our lack of faith.

It’s not that we don’t love Jesus with everything we have, and it’s not that we are not “good†enough for Jesus. It’s that we are in a sin state of being.

Look my friends; we should not be getting so angry with each other. We can debate and even disagree with others and still act in a way that we would if Jesus were standing right beside us, which He is.

Consider that even the greatest prophets and people of the Bible failed miserably.
Did Moses enter into the Promised Land?
Did Paul’s thorn get removed and healed?
Did King David have one of his own soldiers murdered so that he could steal the soldier’s wife?
Did Paul/Saul hunt down and murder Christians before he met Jesus?
Was Joseph a braggart who upset his own brothers to the point that they tried to murder him?

None of us has the kind of faith we could have my friends, so please don’t be upset with our brother.
I myself love Jesus with all my strength and yet I suffer greatly with chronic pancreatitis and now liver trouble, and I don’t even drink or smoke!
I believe Jesus could heal me if I had the kind of faith He spoke about in the mustard seed story. I’m not going to get upset at that scriptural reality. I’m simply going to live my life to the best standard I possibly can and one day my sweet Lord Jesus will take me home, and when He does my entire body and soul will be restored to the way He intended it to be in the first place.

Take care my friends.

John bronzesnake

Bronzesnake said:
Hello Cornelius.

Don't get discouraged brother. It is so obvious that you are a faithful man of God, and I understand what you are saying and I believe it to be Biblical.
I think what upsets some people, is it makes them feel like they are not good enough to be healed. I know this is not the intention of your posts, but it is more of a reaction from some of us to feel inadequate in some way when we hear God doesn’t heal us because we lack faith.

It is Biblical reality. Jesus said that if we had even a mustard grain’s worth of faith that we could tell a mountain to move and the mountain would move.
It’s a fact of reality that we are sinners, and we are living in a cursed universe, in a fallen state, and that is the main cause for our lack of faith.

It’s not that we don’t love Jesus with everything we have, and it’s not that we are not “good†enough for Jesus. It’s that we are in a sin state of being.

Look my friends; we should not be getting so angry with each other. We can debate and even disagree with others and still act in a way that we would if Jesus were standing right beside us, which He is.

Consider that even the greatest prophets and people of the Bible failed miserably.
Did Moses enter into the Promised Land?
Did Paul’s thorn get removed and healed?
Did King David have one of his own soldiers murdered so that he could steal the soldier’s wife?
Did Paul/Saul hunt down and murder Christians before he met Jesus?
Was Joseph a braggart who upset his own brothers to the point that they tried to murder him?

None of us has the kind of faith we could have my friends, so please don’t be upset with our brother.
I myself love Jesus with all my strength and yet I suffer greatly with chronic pancreatitis and now liver trouble, and I don’t even drink or smoke!
I believe Jesus could heal me if I had the kind of faith He spoke about in the mustard seed story. I’m not going to get upset at that scriptural reality. I’m simply going to live my life to the best standard I possibly can and one day my sweet Lord Jesus will take me home, and when He does my entire body and soul will be restored to the way He intended it to be in the first place.

Take care my friends.

John bronzesnake

Thank you John :)

There is mindset in Christendom that first must be changed by the Word. We ALL suffer from it and only God through His sovereignty can open our eyes.

I am going quote some things you have just posted John. Please forgive me, because this is only to illustrate what I am trying to say. We all have been taught things that are in direct opposition to what the Word teaches and still be cling to that and preach it again and again.

I only going to quote you and then give you a verse to think about.

Rom 6:11 Even so reckon ye also yourselves to be dead unto sin,

Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us; for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

I believe Jesus could heal me

1Pe 2:24 who his own self bare our sins in his body upon the tree, that we, having died unto sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes ye were healed.

John, you have a beautiful spirit and the Lord is shining through you. I am only showing you that if you changed even just these few things and come into line with the Word, your whole situation will change.

Your sickness is not incurable. In fact, the Word tells us that you WERE already healed at the cross. People wait for healing that HAS already happened ! That is why they do not get healed ! They pray and beg for something that has already been given IN CHRIST (not outside of Him and He is the Word ! So it simply means if you are in the Word (believing ONLY what it says) you are then IN Christ and in Him ..............all the promises are ..yes ! ) That is why its called the Good News.

You have already been healed. If you believe that, you can get up today and walk in health. But first you must change your mind , get rid of faithless human doctrine , and only then can you truly enter into this great salvation fully.

blessings
C

Secondly , please re-examine Paul's thorn in his flesh ( not foot :) ) The Bible tells us it was a demon that attacked him to keep him humble.

2Co 12:7 And by reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted overmuch, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan (demon) to buffet me, that I should not be exalted overmuch.

Here Paul gives a list of what this demon did to him:

2Co 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2Co 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day have I been in the deep;
2Co 11:26 in journeyings often, in perils of rivers, in perils of robbers, in perils from my countrymen, in perils from the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
2Co 11:27 in labor and travail, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

Paul says this demon was given because he received so much revelation. God wanted to keep Paul weak, so that God could prove Himself strong in every situation. Did the demon succeed ? Yes it worked !

2Co 11:29 Who is weak, and I am not weak?2Co 11:30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things that concern my weakness.
2Co 11:31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, he who is blessed for evermore knoweth that I lie not.

Cornelius, thank you brother. God has truly blessed you and I am blessed to get to know you my friend.
It's almost 5am here and I should have been in bed hours ago!
Take care brother, I'm sure we'll talk again and soon.

John

Bronzesnake said:
Cornelius, thank you brother. God has truly blessed you and I am blessed to get to know you my friend.
It's almost 5am here and I should have been in bed hours ago!
Take care brother, I'm sure we'll talk again and soon.

John

Sleep well brother, its a cloudy day in Africa and the winter is here :)

Remember: Faith is opposite to what we see.

The Bronzesnake of Moses has the solution of healing locked up in its meaning :)

Num 21:6 And Jehovah sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
Num 21:7 And the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, because we have spoken against Jehovah, and against thee; pray unto Jehovah, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.
Num 21:8 And Jehovah said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a standard: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he seeth it, shall live.
Num 21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and set it upon the standard: and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he looked unto the serpent of brass, he lived.

Israel came under the curse of the fiery serpents, because they 1) sinned 2) Spoken against Jehovah (This is important, because we speak "against Jehovah " when we disagree with the Word ! The Word is God. ) How shall two walk together lest they agree ! How shall we walk together with God when we disagree on the Word. Impossible !
and 3) They spoke against Moses who brought them the Word of God. Moses is a type of Jesus here.

They cure was to lift up the cause on a pole. The serpent (curse) had to be lifter up and ONLY those who kept there eyes on it were ..........healed ! Jesus became that curse for all of us who were " snake bit " by sin. We became sick and started living under the curse since Adam. UNTIL Jesus was lifted up on the cross.

Now everybody who looks at Him, is healed. The concept of "looking at Him" is not symbolic only, it means we have to look at the WORD all the time.He is the Word. The Bible is certainly one manifestation of Jesus. Stick to the Word , by LOOKING at it, and stay there ! Do not look at the snakes ! (sickness or bondage)

Have faith in what He promised and you shall have it.

Here is Jesus lifted up so that He can take the "snakebite" upon Himself for us:

Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed (past tense) us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us; for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14 that upon the Gentiles might come the blessing of Abraham in Christ Jesus; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Praise God , that is why its called the GOOD News :)

I wonder why we often hear of Cancer patients or Aids patients healed by the power of Christ, but not amputees. Firstly, amputees are very small in number, and most of the time, a Christian amputee dare not even pray and ask God to miraculously grow out the severed limb anyway. Secondly, unlike cancer and Aids which are serious terminal diseases, amputation of the limb is not deadly. In fact, amputation saves a patient's life, for leaving the damaged limb un-amputated puts the patient's life in great danger. I am guessing this is why God heals many other diseases but not amputees, but even if He does heals amputees today, I'm not sure why we cannot seem to find any testimonies online. But considering that God has healed me of all kinds of ailments including near blindness and kidney failure, and I've witnessed my baby nephew's hole in his heart miraculously vanish, I have no doubt that God will supernaturally grow out severed limbs too ...

:chin :twocents :amen

Tina said:
I wonder why we often hear of Cancer patients or Aids patients healed by the power of Christ, but not amputees. Firstly, amputees are very small in number, and most of the time, a Christian amputee dare not even pray and ask God to miraculously grow out the severed limb anyway. Secondly, unlike cancer and Aids which are serious terminal diseases, amputation of the limb is not deadly. In fact, amputation saves a patient's life, for leaving the damaged limb un-amputated puts the patient's life in great danger. I am guessing this is why God heals many other diseases but not amputees, but even if He does heals amputees today, I'm not sure why we cannot seem to find any testimonies online. But considering that God has healed me of all kinds of ailments including near blindness and kidney failure, and I've witnessed my baby nephew's hole in his heart miraculously vanish, I have no doubt that God will supernaturally grow out severed limbs too ...

Hi Tina :)

In one of my previous posts I tell of an amputee that was healed in South Korea. Plus eyes that the Lord recreated.

C

Tina said:

Hi Tina

As we all should know, God and His Word , is also His will. Many people try and read into the Word and will of God, and read something into it that is not there. It is for self gratification. They deceive themselves by their own ignorance.

There is not one hint of a scripture or record in the Word of God to my knowledge, where a missing limb has grown back. The Word of God shows us the healings that have taken place within the Word of God. These healings pertain to body parts that are still in tact. That which is a part of the Body. Does not the Word tell us, that if your hand offend you to cut it off ? That would be a great loss, and not only that, but it would inable you to allow your hand to offend you in the future. If it grows back, then you hand will offend you once again. And you were the one who cut it off in the first place.

Our bodies were not made to grow back their limbs. The healings within the Word of God are about those who have an issue of blood. But the woman still had her blood . Understand ?

The man with the withered hand. No missing parts, just withered . When Lazarus was raised from the dead, his body and soul just needed to be revived, and the spirit of man went back into him.

Plagues were healed. Lame made to walk again. Blind made to see again. Deaf made to hear again. etc. But there is not one record within the will and Word of God of a body part growing back.

The point I am trying to make here. Is it the will of God for a body part to grow back ? This is not about if one believes for a body part to grow back and if one has faith, that it will happen. This is about the will of God and if he allows anyone to believe for a body part to grow back. This is not about our will, or desire.

We know from the Word of false healings that will deceive. Some are going to be miraculous, and yet, they are not of the true God.

Look at these kinds of records, check them all out. I will give you a few here

Matt. 4:23 - 'healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease"
Matt. 4:24 - "palsy"
Matt. 8:16 - "healed them that were sick"
Matt. 10:1 - "gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness, and all manner of disease"
Matt. 10:8 - "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils, freely you have received freely give" < This is what Jesus "gave" them the ability to do. This is what they received from Jesus. They can not give something that they have not received. Never any mention of giving them the power to replace limbs .
Mark 3:15 - "Power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils"
Luke 8:2 - "infirmities"

I will let you look more up on your own.

Always look for the will of God within His Word. We are never to accept what someone else just says and claims. And especially stay away from those who handle the word of righteousness in unrighteousness !

Bless

Here is the verse that Cornelius used deceitfully !

Matthew 15:30 - "And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb,maimed, and may others , and cast them down at Jesus' feet ; and he healed them"

The word "maimed" here means - ( Kullos) "distorted, crooked" -- NOT missing body parts, as Cornelius would have you believe !

One can not claim revelation from God , when that person handles the Word of God deceitfully to begin with. It then, has to be false revelation !

What about this verse ... Jesus certainly healed a severed ear !

Luke 22:50-51
And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus answered and said, “Permit even this.†And He touched his ear and healed him.

Lets take this one step further.

Those in Christ, can operate the nine manifestations of the Spirit.

One of those manifestations , is the gift of healing. Healing - not replacing ! Then we need to study the Word , and check out what healing has been given and what kinds of healings were performed and what kind of healings were made available.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back