Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wicca teacher wins the lottery

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
ThreeInOne said:
"God" would not have him teach evil.

No problem then, since I doubt he's teaching anything even remotely close to any reasonable definition of "evil".

It is my business because this is a spiritual concern.

Every gossip thinks it's their business

I'm on God's team. :biggrin

Small world, me too!

Justmee said:
Let's not forget that this man isn't praying to the God that Christians pray to. He is praying to his Goddess and her Consort. Makes a big difference.

Not really. You see one face of God. He sees a different one.

Havoc said:
No problem then, since I doubt he's teaching anything even remotely close to any reasonable definition of "evil".

Every gossip thinks it's their business

Small world, me too!

Biblically he is since the teachings of Wicca are of the darkside. Your "goddess"might not think so but yet, she really doesn't exist in the way you think she does. It's Satan in disguise.
Sorry, I don't know how to say that any other way and I'm sure you will take that as me being rude and ignorant.

How did this turn into me being a gossip?

But you don't worship the same God I do! You've just been deceived into believing so.

Why are you guys accusing this man of praying to Satan? Wiccans don't believe in Satan, as Satan is s simpy creation of christianity. Nothing more.
Craig

ThreeInOne said:
Now I get why you've come to defend this.

Wouldn't you come to the defense of Christianity if someone were using false witness against it/

Can I ask if you were raised that way or did you become Wiccan at another point in your life? Why? If you don't want to discuss it that is fine, too.

I was raised in a Christian home, and I chose to be a Christian until my early adulthood. It was halfway through my Seminary years when I was in training for the ministry when God found me and I left Christianity

ThreeInOne said:
But you don't worship the same God I do! You've just been deceived into believing so.

Yes I understand that you believe that. Of course I believe differently. From my perspective, and from what God tells me, you are the one who has been deceived. OF course you won't believe that either.

Without any objective evidence to show it, neither of us can prove which belief is the right one. Such is the nature of faith.

craig07 said:
Why are you guys accusing this man of praying to Satan? Wiccans don't believe in Satan, as Satan is s simpy creation of christianity. Nothing more.
Craig
This man doesn't THINK he is but he certainly isn't praying to God.
Wiccans not believing in Satan is a non issue. Just because they don't believe doesn't make it so. If a person is not with God, they're against God. They automatically belong to the devil.
Satan wants non believers to believe that he is just a fairy tale taught by Christians seeking whom he may devour.

Havoc said:
ThreeInOne said:
Now I get why you've come to defend this.

Wouldn't you come to the defense of Christianity if someone were using false witness against it/

Can I ask if you were raised that way or did you become Wiccan at another point in your life? Why? If you don't want to discuss it that is fine, too.

I was raised in a Christian home, and I chose to be a Christian until my early adulthood. It was halfway through my Seminary years when I was in training for the ministry when God found me and I left Christianity
I come to the defense of Christianity almost daily. However, I am trying to warn you about Wicca's dangers so this "false witness" stuff is not accurate in this case. I care about what happens to you.

So, when you say you were raised in a Christian home are you saying that it was a bible believing Christian home or was it more of a religious home? There's a huge difference.
If God truly found you, you would not be involved in Wicca since His teachings are not even close to those found in Wicca.

Havoc said:
ThreeInOne said:

Yes I understand that you believe that. Of course I believe differently. From my perspective, and from what God tells me, you are the one who has been deceived. OF course you won't believe that either.

Without any objective evidence to show it, neither of us can prove which belief is the right one. Such is the nature of faith.
I have God's Word to prove it. You have a man-made religion.

ThreeInOne said:
This man doesn't THINK he is but he certainly isn't praying to God.

Well you don't THINK he is praying to God, but then you certainly can't show that to be the case.

Wiccans not believing in Satan is a non issue. Just because they don't believe doesn't make it so.

And, of course, just because you believe in the existence of Satan doesn't make it so either. The Wiccan who doesn't believe in Satan has just as much objective evidence as the Christian who does... zero.

If a person is not with God, they're against God.

Well that's not a problem then, since thee Wiccan is with God.

They automatically belong to the devil.

Assuming Satan does exist and assuming your particular view of Satan is correct. That's a lot of assumptions, especially since you can't show that any of them are true.

Satan wants non believers to believe that he is just a fairy tale taught by Christians seeking whom he may devour.

In your opinion. I understand that you believe all that. I just happen to believe differently

ThreeInOne said:
I am trying to warn you about Wicca's dangers so this "false witness" stuff is not accurate in this case.

If you claim a person believes thus and thus, and yet they believe something entirely different, you are committing false witness. If you say a person's motives are thus and thus, and they are not, you are committing false witness. If you say a person has said thus and thus, and they have said no such thing, you are committing false witness.

If you are unsure about what constitutes false witness, perhaps you should consult a pastor, or your bible.

I care about what happens to you.

Even if that is true, caring can easily be misplaced. People used to administer large doses of arsenic and mercury to sick people, thinking it a cure for all sorts of ills. Those people certainly cared about their patients, just as surely as they were killing them.

So, when you say you were raised in a Christian home are you saying that it was a bible believing Christian home or was it more of a religious home? There's a huge difference.

I agree there is a huge difference. It was a Bible Believing, praying daily, meditating on the Word, leaning on the everlasting arms, fundamentalist southern baptist, home chock full of "born again" evangelical Christians,,, including me.

If God truly found you, you would not be involved in Wicca since His teachings are not even close to those found in Wicca.

In your opinion, of course. My experience is rather different. The teachings found in Wicca are from god, as God has confirmed for me. God and I speak daily, so I am quite confident in the Divine nature of Wiccan teachings. If ever I am not sure, I just ask God.

ThreeInOne said:
I have God's Word to prove it.

A small corrction, if I may.

You have a book, which you believe is God's Word, which you interpret to coincide with your particular set of beliefs.

In order for thaat book to prove anything, you first have to prove that it is, in fact, God's Word. Since you cannot even begin to prove any such thing, your "proof" is rather spurious.

You have a man-made religion.

Can you show that yours is not? No? Alrighty then.

Havoc,
All I can do is pray for you. Obviously you've been raised hearing God's Word and have repetedly rejected it. It's in God's hands. I'm sure your family is heartbroken over the path you've chosen to take. You claim to have also been born-again. Only God (and you) knows if this really happened. Sometimes people know things in their heads but not necessarily in their hearts. I'm not saying that's what happened to you but if you were (which if you were, you are) truly saved, Wicca would have no part in your life, for a person cannot serve two Gods.
I will pray that the Lord convicts you to trust Him and begin to accept the truth and bring you out of your denial.

God Bless you, Havoc.

Hi there,
I haven't been on here for a while and guess what I used to be pagan lol.

You see, with the mention of the Goddess and Gods, many born again christians don't understand that pagans, wiccans actually worship the different aspects of the Gods, I'll try and explain. You see when they worship, if they need something like courage to see something through,you would ask one of the God's or goddesses who is well known for their courage, and you would ask their help.
It's just the same for a christian asking the Holy Spirit to be involved, or even asking Jesus. We ask God for things don't we, well it's just like asking God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit even though they are the same person.

I hope you understand this one, if not then pelase ask me as I became a chrisian in Feb this year.

Oh forgot to mention,

If a christian won the lottery wouldn't you all praise God for his/her good fortune.

Why is it that people have to judge someone for thier win, you never know he might even give it to charity, what would you say then.

fallentoa said:
Oh forgot to mention,

If a christian won the lottery wouldn't you all praise God for his/her good fortune.

Why is it that people have to judge someone for thier win, you never know he might even give it to charity, what would you say then.
Wow, you are really missing the point here.
It's not ABOUT the win. It was about the deal he made with the devil (his god or goddess) and what he intends on using the money for; which by the way was for promoting more of Satan's lies.

By the way, I don't know if I know of any Christians who play the lottery since most of them have convictions about gambling being a sin. I'm sure some still do it though.

ThreeInOne said:
...By the way, I don't know if I know of any Christians who play the lottery since most of them have convictions about gambling being a sin. I'm sure some still do it though.
Good piont' I agree. Plus, there are many chruches and Christian organizations that will not accept donations from lottery winners. This is documented.

vic C. said:
ThreeInOne said:
...By the way, I don't know if I know of any Christians who play the lottery since most of them have convictions about gambling being a sin. I'm sure some still do it though.
Good piont' I agree. Plus, there are many chruches and Christian organizations that will not accept donations from lottery winners. This is documented.
Then they can send their lottery donations to us at Coracle Ministries. :)
We'll be glad to put it to use reaching out to people for Jesus. :)

mark

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back