Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wicca teacher wins the lottery

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
ThreeInOne said:
fallentoa said:
Oh forgot to mention,

If a christian won the lottery wouldn't you all praise God for his/her good fortune.

Why is it that people have to judge someone for thier win, you never know he might even give it to charity, what would you say then.
Wow, you are really missing the point here.
It's not ABOUT the win. It was about the deal he made with the devil (his god or goddess) and what he intends on using the money for; which by the way was for promoting more of Satan's lies.
And I think there is a point in all this that you have missed.
Now, you know who this person is. That means you can pray for him and for our Lord to
open his eyes to the truth. Also, should he choose to you that kind of cash to teach about
the ways of the Wiccan path, it will be fairly high profile, which means that the local churches
will be able to find who is being taught and will be able to pray for them as well.

mark

Havoc said:
ThreeInOne said:
"God" would not have him teach evil.

No problem then, since I doubt he's teaching anything even remotely close to any reasonable definition of "evil".
Except in one very important aspect. It leads people farther from Jesus.

ttyl
mark

ThreeInOne said:
You don't get it! He prayed to "the gods" not to the true God!!! The "muliple gods" he prayed to are Satanic!!!

Hold on, is christianity polytheistic now?

Dunzo said:
ThreeInOne said:
You don't get it! He prayed to "the gods" not to the true God!!! The "muliple gods" he prayed to are Satanic!!!

Hold on, is christianity polytheistic now?
There is only one TRUE God but this man in particular prayed to "the gods." I was quoting him. Anyway, they're not really gods, they're demonic forces flocking to him; you know, Satan's little demons.

Nice little twist on my words, by the way. :roll:

sparrow said:
ThreeInOne said:
Wow, you are really missing the point here.
It's not ABOUT the win. It was about the deal he made with the devil (his god or goddess) and what he intends on using the money for; which by the way was for promoting more of Satan's lies.
And I think there is a point in all this that you have missed.
Now, you know who this person is. That means you can pray for him and for our Lord to
open his eyes to the truth. Also, should he choose to you that kind of cash to teach about
the ways of the Wiccan path, it will be fairly high profile, which means that the local churches
will be able to find who is being taught and will be able to pray for them as well.

mark
Mark, you are correct. The first thing I did was pray for him and about this situation.
Actually, as my pastor says "you don't have to know a person to pray for them." For example, as you pass by peoples houses, pray for the people who live there...even though you have no clue who they are and may have never even seen them. There's times God prompts me to do this.

Havoc said:
ThreeInOne said:
I have God's Word to prove it.

A small corrction, if I may.

You have a book, which you believe is God's Word, which you interpret to coincide with your particular set of beliefs.
Havoc, you have this wrong.
I believed Jesus before I barely read any of the bible. I THEN read it, not to coincide with MY beliefs but to get to know Him and learn what He expects from His children. You see, after I got saved, I had to wipe away all the religious nonsense I was taught previously. I didn't know what I believed or what I was supposed to believe so the place to find out the truth is in the bible. The only thing I knew then was that I wanted Jesus to be my Savior.
A lot of the bible isn't always easy to swallow, either but I know I can't just dismiss it just because I don't personally like it. Thank God for Jesus because I deserve to be punished for all of eternity for my sins and growing up I always thought I was a good, honest, decent person. I am not perfect by any means and I really didn't know how sinful I actually was until after I became a Christian. To be a Christian is not exactly an easy life to live but it is worth more than anything to be it. I can honestly say that my walk with Jesus is the most fulfilling thing in my life. The Word of God isn't what makes me happy. Jesus makes me happy.

ThreeInOne said:
I know I can't just dismiss it just because I don't personally like it.
Why dismiss evolution then? It's obvious you discard it because it doesn't coincide with your christian beliefs. Like you say, you can't dismiss it just because you don't like it.

Dunzo said:
ThreeInOne said:
Why dismiss evolution then? It's obvious you discard it because it doesn't coincide with your christian beliefs. Like you say, you can't dismiss it just because you don't like it.
Because it's not BIBLICAL.
I'm only talking biblically speaking.
If the Word said that the big bang happened and we came from apes, well then, I would believe God that those things were true.

Sure, there's other things in life I don't like but if I dismiss it, there will be problems.
For example, going to the dentist regularly.
And then there's other things in life I feel strongly against because of what God's Word says.
Some examples are, abortion, the act of homosexuality and.....evolution.

Here's an example of me fighting with the flesh. I know God wants us to treat our bodies like a temple and keep it clean but my flesh wants junk food and caffeine! It can be a battle. Thankfully I never drank (not that I never had A drink but I've never been drunk before or after my conversion to Christianity), nor have I ever tried drugs (except prescribed or over the counter and even those are minimal). These were just morals I had growing up but now looking back, I see how the Lord had His hand on me even then. If only I could get rid of those Pepsi's! :wink:

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Dunzo said:
ThreeInOne said:
I dismissed it well, before becoming a christian due to both the obvious fraud and lack of any real evidence.

To be honest, it's really not even an important hypothesis to me.
You, however, are quite welcome to believe in it if you want. :)

cheers.
mark

ThreeInOne said:
Mark, you are correct. The first thing I did was pray for him and about this situation.
Actually, as my pastor says "you don't have to know a person to pray for them." For example, as you pass by peoples houses, pray for the people who live there...even though you have no clue who they are and may have never even seen them. There's times God prompts me to do this.

I'm glad to hear that Three. :)
the point was though, that now he has come to your attention, which he might not have
if this had not happened :)

He's come to my attention to.. :)

mark

sparrow said:
I dismissed it well, before becoming a christian due to both the obvious fraud and lack of any real evidence.

cheers.
mark
Mark,
Until more recently the whole evolution thing was not an important issue to me that would cause me to want to get into discussing it like I do today.
My reasons are because over the past few years, my children have been learning little bits and pieces of lies being taught in school and incorrect information in the books. It just so happens about a year ago, we started a home bible study about Genesis but it's actually more about Creation vs. Evolution. It has proven to be very interesting to me especially since now it's effecting my children. However, they know the truth, THANK GOD but it still bugs me that our tax dollars are going to these schools who are teaching lies. So, it hits home for me, whereas before I had kids, I still didn't believe in Evolution (ever) but it didn't irritate me as it does now. I also never really realized the damage those lies actually create.

I don't know how this topic got on the wicca teacher thread. :-?

ThreeInOne said:
sparrow said:

cheers.
mark
Mark,
Until more recently the whole evolution thing was not an important issue to me that would cause me to want to get into discussing it like I do today.
My reasons are because over the past few years, my children have been learning little bits and pieces of lies being taught in school and incorrect information in the books. It just so happens about a year ago, we started a home bible study about Genesis but it's actually more about Creation vs. Evolution. It has proven to be very interesting to me especially since now it's effecting my children. However, they know the truth, THANK GOD but it still bugs me that our tax dollars are going to these schools who are teaching lies. So, it hits home for me, whereas before I had kids, I still didn't believe in Evolution (ever) but it didn't irritate me as it does now. I also never really realized the damage those lies actually create.

I don't know how this topic got on the wicca teacher thread. :-?

Why is it incorrect? Why is it damaging? Just because you disagree with it doesn't automatically make it damaging... or incorrect.

Bottom line, it doesn't line up with scripture.
The bible says that God created EVERYTHING.
People, animals, nature....all of it.

It's damaging because it's a lie.

I mean, haven't most people had some sort of wishfull thinking when playing the lottery?

Im sure many people of different religions have prayed to win. Eventually someone who prays to win will win, it's statistically likely.

So to the person who wins after praying, it seems to be a miracle, but when viewed in light that many pray to win, its of no significance.

Plus, does not the bible say that satan can do nothing without gods permission? I mean, did he not even have to ask god to test Job?

For the remarks about evolution is based on lies, come on. Please understand the theory before attempting to debunk it. I am not telling you to believe it, at least attempt to understand it before claiming it to be hogwash and pulling your kids out of school.

And yes, I am atheist. I am sure you will read into that anyways.

I happen to know that Jesus spoke in parables so that people without ears to hear
wouldn' get it ;-)

In His Service,
turnorburn

ThreeInOne said:
Bottom line, it doesn't line up with scripture.
The bible says that God created EVERYTHING.
People, animals, nature....all of it.
So... where's the problem?

ThreeInOne said:
It's damaging because it's a lie.
Lies are not necessarily damaging. I'd rather lie and tell my 2 year old sister that her cat went to a new home, rather than the truth and say it got squished.

That said, the theory of common descent is the single most well-evidenced theory ever to be produced by science (which is saying something, considering the accuracy of, say, Einstein's field equations). The only way Genesis could be true is if God deliberately made everything to look as if it had evolved.

luckyfox said:
Well, that's nice for him I guess. :)

hi.gif

Nice for who?

People shouldn't pray to win the lottery anyway. The Bible says it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven, but people seem to forget this (especially in the U.S.).

jsasaki06 said:
People shouldn't pray to win the lottery anyway. The Bible says it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven, but people seem to forget this (especially in the U.S.).

Since wealth is relative, and 15% of the world population account for 75% of the total world gdp and 20% of the world population account for 80% of world wide good consumption(you are part of that 15% and 20% if u live in an indust. country like the US), there won't be many from the industrialized nations going through that eye of a needle.

Relatively speaking, if your are middle class in the US, you are rich compared to the rest of the world.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back