Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women...........

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Remember guys..... Jeff was commenting on what he actually looked right at and saw. It doesn't happen at our church either, but it sure does in many mainline denominations.
I see what you mean Willie, for in my area here in Indiana I am surounded by local Amish and Menonite communities where Ive seen a similar standard of women in traditional garb but the men in more laid back attire.

The person clarifies that he isn't a feminist, but he is basicly following the modern accepted ideas of western Feminism, or third wave feminism.
It's true. I can spot this a mile away now.

In a church I used to go to, a retired pastor said aloud one Sunday morning that wives were equal to their husbands, citing that his wife was his equal, and I thought, "and you're a pastor?" Why does he not know the word of God????? It was clear he was toeing the feminist line, whether he actually knew it or not.

Remember guys..... Jeff was commenting on what he actually looked right at and saw. It doesn't happen at our church either, but it sure does in many mainline denominations.

Yeah, I understand that, Willie, and I don't question his comments. I'm just responding with my own experiences. I honestly don't see that in "mainline" denominations, certainly not in any of the variations of Methodism, which is what I'm most intimately familiar with. The United Methodist Church, the African Methodist Episcopal Church, the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church...these are all congregations I worship with regularly, and they all have a long tradition of strong Christian women being treated as equals in Christian worship.

I see what you mean Willie, for in my area here in Indiana I am surounded by local Amish and Menonite communities where Ive seen a similar standard of women in traditional garb but the men in more laid back attire.
I see the occasional Mennonite woman where I live. From a fashion point of view, their dresses and bonnets are not particularly attractive to me, but the humility and modestly they portray makes them genuinely beautiful and desirable to me--in a good way, of course. Since one of a woman's fundamental needs is to be attractive, physically, to a potential suitor why do they scoff at being attractive to men this way?

I learned a long time ago that you catch what you're fishing for according to the bait you're using. Women who dress immodestly will get exactly what that kind of bait will catch--a loser who doesn't care about and appreciate the beauty of a woman Peter talks about. A loser who will then cause her to reinforce her 'right' to dress immodestly in order to maintain her freedom from losers like him. Are we messed up, or what?

The menonites and Amish are actually quite populace up here I. The midwest. Especially in eastern Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
Not 'many', as in more than just one or two denom's--that's the point. There just aren't very many denom's that put their women in sacks to cover up their curves.

Last edited:
For Jethro,
"
:confused
I don't get it.

Why is God's order of the sexes always and categorically misunderstood as prehistoric, male chauvinism?

Gals, follow God's plan for you as a woman and you'll wrap your husband around your little finger. Resist it and you'll be divorced and hanging out in a bar, or an on-line dating service....that is, when you're not busy shopping for immodest clothing that you hope will snag you another husband.

Last edited:
In my experience the man who is fearful of strong, confident women is a weak man. He has identity problems or he is very bitter.
I praise God that does not describe my dh.
I asked him if he thought I was a strong, confident woman. He said yes. Would you prefer that I was more meek. He laughed, "Oh, definitely! Then I could live a peaceful, boring life."

In my experience the man who is fearful of strong, confident women is a weak man. He has identity problems or he is very bitter.
Fearful? If you mean like fearful of getting foolishly burned by fire, definitely. If you mean fearful like in wimpy fearful, no way.

When confident women are not proud and stubborn and strong willed they have my complete and total respect.

I asked him if he thought I was a strong, confident woman. He said yes. Would you prefer that I was more meek. He laughed, "Oh, definitely! Then I could live a peaceful, boring life."
Hopefully he's joking, which he probably is, but if he's not, he's still aware, nonetheless, what it means to live and/or work with a woman who's always grasping for the equality with men God has not given them. It brings the worst out of women.

"15 A constant dripping on a day of steady rain And a contentious woman are alike; 16 He who would restrain her restrains the wind, And grasps oil with his right hand. " (Proverbs 27:15-16)

"9 It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." (Proverbs 21:9 NASB)

Perhaps Solomon knows the bitterness of this truth all too well because he's 'been there, done that'--700 + 300 times, lol. :lol I wouldn't call him fearful, weak, or insecure. Bitter from experience? Absolutely!

Last edited:
Yes. And for women--who by nature are more wired to dress for the opposite sex than men--need to make the change that you cover up the parts you used to dress in a way for men to notice. It's really that simple.
NOPE we most often dress with other women in mind... as in.... i want to look better then Sue.... or Sally has a new outfit i need to go shopping...
Most of us females can do a ton of damage with a glint in our eye shining against the speck in his eye.....

NOPE we most often dress with other women in mind... as in.... i want to look better then Sue.... or Sally has a new outfit i need to go shopping...
Most of us females can do a ton of damage with a glint in our eye shining against the speck in his eye.....
My sister's name is Sally. Did she get a new outfit?

Hopefully he's joking, which he probably is, but if he's not, he's still aware, nonetheless, what it means to live and/or work with a woman who's always grasping for the equality with men God has not given them. It brings the worst out of women.

I am a strong woman in the work place i was a 'boss' I see nothing in Scripture telling me not to be the best on the job i can be...

At home i am a submissive wife... A million years ago in high school i found out i did not want a guy i could push around .... I dated this really nice kid he would do what ever i asked.. i did not like who i was becoming... i went back to the strong guy i could push and he would not fall...

A womans roll in scripture was taken into consideration accepting this responsibility (mod admin)... while here the guys (admins) are my Godly authority in my eyes...

Fearful? If you mean like fearful of getting foolishly burned by fire, definitely. If you mean fearful like in wimpy fearful, no way.

When confident women are not proud and stubborn and strong willed they have my complete and total respect.

I did say he laughed. He likes me just the way I am. However, he was not joking about being bored if I were not the way I am. He would be bored. He sees women who do not have confidence as being weak and can be easily swayed even to the point of falling for some man's flirtations.
Actually he's never had to work or live with a woman who has to grasp for equality with men. This is because he sees women as equals. I tease him every now an then because the women who love him the most are woman who are twenty years older than he is. He treats them with respect.
He has a sister who is probably the strongest, most confident woman I have ever met and she is a Christian. She has been married to the same man for almost 40 yrs now and her husband, son, and daughter all adore her. I do too. She has no problem being non-judgmental, kind, and considerate to others. She's not trying to prove anything to herself or anyone else.

"15 A constant dripping on a day of steady rain And a contentious woman are alike; 16 He who would restrain her restrains the wind, And grasps oil with his right hand. " (Proverbs 27:15-16)

"9 It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a houses hared with a contentious woman." (Proverbs 21:9 NASB)
Perhaps Solomon knows the bitterness of this truth all too well because he's 'been there, done that'--700 + 300 times, lol. :lol

No one is slamming confidence in a woman. Let's not confuse confidence with being stubborn, overbearing, full of pride, and strong willed.

I did say he laughed. He likes me just the way I am. However, he was not joking about being bored if I were not the way I am. He would be bored.
I've heard this before, and honestly, I have no respect for this attitude. They would not joke this way about a woman having confidence if they understood the very real damage unsubmissive women do in families and society.

Actually he's never had to work or live with a woman who has to grasp for equality with men. This is because he sees women as equals.
Are you suggesting women only have to grasp for equality with men when they aren't given that equality by men? You are dead wrong if you are. My experience is that women who are doing that already have that agenda in mind and will automatically assume you (the man) is trying to rob her of her perceived equality before it even happens--if it even happens.

As an aside, your husband does understand that men and women are not categorically and without exception equal in all things, right? Is he a Christian?

No one is slamming confidence in a woman. Let's not confuse confidence with being stubborn, overbearing, full of pride, and strong willed.
You said in this post....Women...........

I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences with women that you perceive to be strong and confident. My perception of women who need to be overbearing and full of pride are not really strong and confident at all. They feel they need to prove something to themselves or to the men in their lives.
This is the same way I perceive men who are overbearing and full of pride they feel they need to prove something and are not really confident at all.

At home i am a submissive wife... A million years ago in high school i found out i did not want a guy i could push around .... I dated this really nice kid he would do what ever i asked.. i did not like who i was becoming... i went back to the strong guy i could push and he would not fall...
Reebs, you know I love you like a sister, but I can't understand this need for women to have a man they can push around and he take it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back