Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Women...........

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is true. But in the women who have no self restraint and take it too far. As in most things the sweet spot is in the middle of the extremes.

I was taught never to hit women, learned that early. I would proudly announce the fact that I had learned this also, and to my GF also. Then a not so funny thing happened. After she learned that Edward does not hit women, she took to emphasizing her point in arguments that would arise, with a slap to my face or similar. I realized what was going on one day...and knocked her on her butt when she hit me. One time. Then I modified my little cliche to, I don't hit women unnecessarily.

There's friendly arguments and then there's fighting. I'm not going to be a woman's punching bag. If she's big enough to hit a man, then she's big enough to pick herself up off the floor. lol. :blackeye:lol
So I just ask dh what he would have done in this situation. He said he'd probably go shot prairie dogs for awhile and then they would have a serious discussion.

But before I got his answer I asked..."If you had a girlfriend," he said, "I do." I asked, "Who's you're girlfriend?" He said, "Well, I could spit on her from here. That was a dumb question." Never a dull moment!

So often Jethro i agree with you but not this time...

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
"3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:3 NASB)

We know from the context of all the scriptures that this talking about the relationship of a man to his wife, not all men to all women. The point being it is plainly showing us that man has headship over his wife, not equality with her, in that regard. But so many in the church insist women are absolute equals with their husbands in all things.

Women are no more equals of their husbands in this matter of headship than man is equal in headship with Christ.

Really? How so?
Read post 63.

If your husband wants to defer his headship to you, or include you alongside of him in it then that's his business. You work out your own relationship that you want to have with each other. But do NOT tell others the husband is equal in headship over his wife. That is pure bunk!

So often Jethro i agree with you but not this time...

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
In context he is explaining how we are all equally in Christ in salvation with no consideration given to race, or sex, or social status. This does not mean women are equals to their husbands in headship.

Read post 63.

If your husband wants to defer his headship to you, or include you alongside of him in it then that's his business. You work out your own relationship that you want to have with each other. But do NOT tell others the husband is equal in headship over his wife. That is pure bunk!

Well that's good because I never said any such thing. Here is what I said,
"Of coarse he thinks woman are equal in all things. Equality is an attitude. It's not necessarily that one does the same things."

So let me reword that for you. "It's not necessarily that one has the same position." But one is equally respected. Equality is an attitude.

Well that's good because I never said any such thing. Here is what I said,
"Of coarse he thinks woman are equal in all things. Equality is an attitude. It's not necessarily that one does the same things."

So let me reword that for you. "It's not necessarily that one has the same position." But one is equally respected. Equality is an attitude.
So then you agree that women are NOT categorically equal to their husbands, right?

Let's stop telling the church that men and women in the home are equals, okay? It simply isn't true. If you want to define what is equal about a man and his wife spell it out. But one thing's for sure, it is NOT that the wife is autonomous, having her own authority.

Last edited:
"Of coarse he thinks woman are equal in all things.
(emphasis mine)

I don't know, Deborah. It's hard to ignore what you say he said. But if you want to go on record that he doesn't mean authoritative headship then please do so and the argument will end immediately.

Song of Solomon 1:15;
"Behold, you are beautiful, my love,
behold, you are beautiful;
your eyes are doves".

Who cares about this equality stuff.
Let's just go love that woman of ours.

Jethro can you show me scripture where women are to be submissive to anyone other man beside their husbands...

"22 Slaves, in all things obey those who are your masters on earth, not with external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord." (Colossians 3:22 NASB)

"5 Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; " (Ephesians 6:5 NASB)

Just because a woman isn't married to the man she's supposed to be submitting to doesn't mean she doesn't have to submit to him. Just as a man has to submit to the woman he's supposed to but who is not his spouse.
"3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ." (1 Corinthians 11:3 NASB)

We know from the context of all the scriptures that this talking about the relationship of a man to his wife, not all men to all women. The point being it is plainly showing us that man has headship over his wife, not equality with her, in that regard. But so many in the church insist women are absolute equals with their husbands in all things.

Women are no more equals of their husbands in this matter of headship than man is equal in headship with Christ.

Jethro your first and second quotes are not even close they are turnips and oranges....

I was away had to go fix taters sausage eggs toast coffee for the king of this castle.. :tongue

Could be a part of this is what is our idea of the word "equal"... to me equal does not mean same... chocolate and vanilla are not the same but i like them equally...

Jethro your first and second quotes are not even close they are turnips and oranges....

I was away had to go fix taters sausage eggs toast coffee for the king of this castle.. :tongue
Come on, Reebs, I answered your question. It just happens that it has nothing to do with the argument I'm putting forth here. I'm not saying all women everywhere have to submit to the authority of all men everywhere. Order of sexes in headship is in the home and in the church, not in the workplace.

The only connection to workplace I've made is in pointing out the overbearing, stubborn, proud, arrogant, strong willed women who we men have to deal with in the work place is probably, not by coincidence, the woman who also disagrees strongly that men and women are not categorically equal in all things.

My boss and his wife are co-owners of the business I work at. If she says jump, I jump. That's the way it's supposed to be because that relationship is governed by different and broader rules than the rules that govern the relationship between a woman and her spouse and her church.

I'm not saying all women everywhere have to be submit to the authority of all men everywhere.

i will re-read i could have not read it correctly

ADDED: Just because a woman isn't married to the man she's supposed to be submitting to doesn't mean she doesn't have to submit to him. Just as a man has to submit to the woman he's supposed to but who is not his spouse.

Bet i sorta skipped over the second sentence.. :)

Yesterday Grandpa and Jake decided they wanted "flame" roasted hot dogs. So they roasted hot dogs over the flame of the kitchen gas range. I wanted to so badly to tell Grandpa he had to clean the stove when he was done but I didn't. The boys were such happy "campers" I couldn't spoil their fun.

Who cares about this equality stuff.
Let's just go love that woman of ours.
You have to care when a woman doesn't recognize and heed the Biblical fact that men and women are NOT categorically equal in all things. It can make trouble that has to be addressed sooner or later.

ADDED: Just because a woman isn't married to the man she's supposed to be submitting to doesn't mean she doesn't have to submit to him. Just as a man has to submit to the woman he's supposed to but who is not his spouse.

Bet i sorta skipped over the second sentence.. :)
You are a beautiful person, dear sister. :)

You have to care when a woman doesn't recognize and heed the Biblical fact that men and women are NOT categorically equal in all things. It can make trouble that has to be addressed sooner or later.
Jethro, every government, every business, every kingdom, has to have someone who has the final say. That is just common sense.

Why aren't women up in arms about the church's obvious acceptance of divorce for any and all reasons? Does anyone think we'll ever see them demonstrating over that abuse in the church, of which college educated, professional women, capable of living apart from their husbands seem to be the worst offenders? Don't bet on it. We got a problem here all right, but it ain't that the church wants to put women in burlap sacks to cover up their curves.

There are so many fashionable, modest clothes for women to wear. I honestly think the problem is too many women want to wear immodest clothing. I calls 'em likes I sees 'em, folks.
I totally agree with you.I see more cleavage in the tops that women wear.I do not understand why they want so much of their body showing.I personally think it is gross.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back