Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

-You be the judge for how near we are to the End-

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Luk 17:20 ¶ And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 - Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Why didn't He reveal the timing of His return to the Pharisees? Perhaps He did, but just like the Pharisees our preconceptions hinder our understanding of that revelation.

The second Adam knew 'NOT' of the day that Christ would come. But are we to believe that the resurrected Christ who was accepted of the Father (John 20:8) does not know when He comes again??? With ALL of the Holy Angels??
Jesus may well know the timing of His return; we're just not told, but I wonder why He didn't reveal it through His angel to John in Revelation?

Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Luk 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Luk 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
Luk 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

I don't think Christ wanted the church to coast and sleep for almost 2000 years prior to His return...

Luk 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
Luk 12:38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
Luk 12:39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Luk 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The second Adam knew 'NOT' of the day that Christ would come. But are we to believe that the resurrected Christ who was accepted of the Father (John 20:8) does not know when He comes again??? With ALL of the Holy Angels??
Jesus may well know the timing of His return; we're just not told, but I wonder why He didn't reveal it through His angel to John in Revelation?

Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Luk 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Luk 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
Luk 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

I don't think Christ wanted the church to coast and sleep for almost 2000 years prior to His return...

Luk 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
Luk 12:38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
Luk 12:39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Luk 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The reason why was because he as the second Adam did not know! John 20:17 tells us this fact!

--Elijah

Woah, lot's of long posts in this thread that are packed with scripture.

I think we're pretty close to the end. I believe the Anti-Christ is already living on the planet. Obviously he hasn't risen up to power yet, but I believe he has already been born, at least. It's just a matter of time until we are called away, but I believe it will definitely happen within my lifetime. It's kind of crazy to think about.

The reason why was because he as the second Adam did not know! John 20:17 tells us this fact!
That is true, but do you realize that John was taken in spirit to the Lord's day (Revelation 1:10); a time some nineteen hundred years future?
if it is then he sees that the apostles are also still around? what about the mentioning of a child who was to rule the nations in revalation 12?

That is true, but do you realize that John was taken in spirit to the Lord's day (Revelation 1:10); a time some nineteen hundred years future?
if it is then he sees that the apostles are also still around? what about the mentioning of a child who was to rule the nations in revalation 12?
Hi Jason. I'm not quite sure of your thinking concerning John 20:17 and Jesus going to our Father, but it is a fact to me that Jesus is the subject of the Lord's Day. There are some that attempt to make that day Sunday, but we have no such detail written in scripture describing Sunday as the Lord's day.

Well, just what would the Lord's Day be? From that viewpoint John was told in Revelation 1:19 to "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter. The proof of this in my opinion is just reading Revelation in the manner it is described.

You mention the Man Child and that scripture of Revelation 12:5 relates to one of the three viewpoints John is shown. Once John comes to Revelation 4:1 he is told to "Come up hither (Heaven), and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter." Things John describes from that point is future from the beginning of the Lord's Day.

I won't go further with that unless we can agree. Thanks

Back in E.G.W.'s day, she penned that when we saw one disaster following on the heels of another, then it was this sign that Christ would be coming.

Matt. 24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
[22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

--Elijah

To me Rev 11 is a sign that can't be mistaken. The reign of the beast that kills those two witnesses is only 42 months. That beast is destroyed by the splendor of the Lords coming in the battle of the great Day of God Almighty. REV 16:15

No one knows that date but the Father but we can stand watch for the signs that must take place first.

Randy

Hi guy, just one quick remark. The second Adam knew 'NOT' of the day that Christ would come. But are we to believe that the resurrected Christ who was accepted of the Father (John 20:8) does not know when He comes again??? With ALL of the Holy Angels??

I suggest that that is flawed theology that we had been taught?

--Elijah

I believe Jesus who stated even the Son didn't know the date the Father set by His own authority.

As I stated, to me, Rev 11 is a sign that can't be mistaken. That event must take place first before the Lords 2nd coming. I don't know that date. If Jesus now knows that date He hasn't let "me" know. (or the church)

Randy

Back in E.G.W.'s day, she penned that when we saw one disaster following on the heels of another, then it was this sign that Christ would be coming.

Matt. 24
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
[22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

--Elijah

To me Rev 11 is a sign that can't be mistaken. The reign of the beast that kills those two witnesses is only 42 months. That beast is destroyed by the splendor of the Lords coming in the battle of the great Day of God Almighty. REV 16:15

No one knows that date but the Father but we can stand watch for the signs that must take place first.

Randy

Hi guy, just one quick remark. The second Adam knew 'NOT' of the day that Christ would come. But are we to believe that the resurrected Christ who was accepted of the Father (John 20:8) does not know when He comes again??? With ALL of the Holy Angels??

I suggest that that is flawed theology that we had been taught?

--Elijah

I believe Jesus who stated even the Son didn't know the date the Father set by His own authority.

As I stated, to me, Rev 11 is a sign that can't be mistaken. That event must take place first before the Lords 2nd coming. I don't know that date. If Jesus now knows that date He hasn't let "me" know. (or the church)

Randy

But Christ Has been accepted of the Jehovah God! (John 20:17) And now HE will make known the time of His coming. But with His PROPHESY! And Matt. 24:21 starting with this verse... (Joel 2:10-13)

and then ibid 25 on...

[25] Behold, I have told you before.
[26] Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
[27] For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

and this is as close as the time transpires! But the clock is still clicking, when this finally takes place it will be known! But we can read the nearness of the Lords return & SEE that it is not far off!
1 Thess. 5
[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
[4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
[5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
[8] But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

--Elijah

Re: How CLOSE to the End Times, are we??

Yet, it is these ones of Matt. 7 (broad/way) & Rev. 17:1-5 that are to be given the Rev. 14:6-10 warning. These will stop at nothing to use Caesar to enforce legal means to USE HIS FORCE to STOP these Judgements of God... EXCEPT REPENT of their many sins! (these of Matt. 6:24)
They can try anything they want to - nothing man can do will stop God.

Most ALL of these recognize the time that we are living in as the last days. And they are fearful to broadcast that we are in the last days of the worlds history because of their lack of being ready for Christ's Coming.

Never mind the WARNING of one disaster following on the heels of another! Such as the 'Second deadly tornado upgraded to rare EF5' At 2.6 miles, Okla. storm is widest ever recorded, weather service says.'
Man has only been recording storms for 150 or less years, observing the weather does not impress me.
I am more concerned for the Godlessness I see in the USA today.

So what is next to come on the scene? Stay tuned!! (a GOVERNMENT forced sun law which most all agree too! Caesar OVER God!)
If, as others here have gussed, you mean laws about conducting business on Sunday - I can tell you that such laws are less and less common. We now live in a country where Sunday is like any other day.
We no longer spend a day in church, then resting and spending the day with family. Families are as on-the-go on Sunday as any other day.

Gone are the days where we took a day to "be still and know that He is God..." to paraphrase His instruction to us.

Oh, and "how close to the end times are we"? Well, closer than ever before? I'd say so.

But when I read about the terrible end times as described in the bible, I fear that we have a LONG way to go.
The fact is, the way I read scripture, I think we have a lot more to endure - and I think things will get a lot worse for Christian people than they are now.

Sure, we are seeing the beginning of the end. As Islam takes over (all over the world, including the USA) things are going to get worse and worse.
Keep your eye on THAT, not on tornadoes in Oklahoma.

Hi Jason. I'm not quite sure of your thinking concerning John 20:17 and Jesus going to our Father, but it is a fact to me that Jesus is the subject of the Lord's Day. There are some that attempt to make that day Sunday, but we have no such detail written in scripture describing Sunday as the Lord's day.

Well, just what would the Lord's Day be? From that viewpoint John was told in Revelation 1:19 to "Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter. The proof of this in my opinion is just reading Revelation in the manner it is described.

You mention the Man Child and that scripture of Revelation 12:5 relates to one of the three viewpoints John is shown. Once John comes to Revelation 4:1 he is told to "Come up hither (Heaven), and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter." Things John describes from that point is future from the beginning of the Lord's Day.

I won't go further with that unless we can agree. Thanks

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

who is the child then? I thought only jesus rules. so then its the ac?

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

who is the child then? I thought only jesus rules. so then its the ac?

Jesus would be the Child. Satan tried to kill the Child, Joseph was told to flee to Egypt, The Kingdom of God came with Jesus who Saw Satan cast out of heaven like lightning, He died for us then caught up and resurrected. Revelation is not a book that is in Order of events, but a vision of different events or Revelation of them. This is why there have been small wars over it because there are different idea's on what order the events should be. REV 12 is a past event.

Blessings.

Mike.

it has to be. I don't know when satan was cast out but it has to be before his coming but the problem with that is since when was the angels in possession of a testimony?

Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Some try to tie this to Joseph vision of 11 stars the 12th being added as some lineage to Jesus. I assume the Stars were angels or symbolic in some way. John's vision is what He saw in the spirit of what happened when Jesus was born on Earth. It caused a big upheaval in Heaven.

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

The Kingdom of God came and lives in us and how Jesus cast out devils for He said if I cast out devils the Kingdom of God has come unto you.

Luk 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Luk 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

REV 12 we see the Kingdom Come, Jesus the Child, the Kingdom of God coming and the devil loosing his position of authority in Heaven because Jesus saw him cast down after the statement his disciples made about the devils are subject to his name. Proving He is the one mentioned in Rev 12 because His name carries authority "BEFORE" going to the cross.

Rev 12:14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

Mary heads to Egypt, Satan sends many to look for him killing all those 2 years or younger as a flood.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Satan has been nothing but a Butt head to us since. We have authority over him though. This is the Testimony of Jesus Christ, or Jesus the Anointed one and His anointing for us.

Angel and a Gospel:
Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
This gospel is a warning of Judgment, by an angel.

Rev_19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

This is a testimony "OF" Jesus.................

There is no Gospel of Christ, or mention of anyone preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ (The anointed one) during the tribulation period. There are those that keep the testimony about Jesus. So God has hidden us, or We are just being lazy, or we are not there.

Blessings Mike.

But it could be otherwise?

2 Peter 3
[1] This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
[2] That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
[5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
[7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

--Elijah

PS: And I think that I will just look at the facts! (USA with 6 Catholics & three non Christian Jews who make up the Supreme court)

Back