Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your favorite horror character/movies

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Riven

So, horror is my favorite genre of film. Chucky is my favorite 80's slasher. He's a killer doll and he unlike Jason Vorhees or Michael Myers, he actually has a personality.

tumblr_ncdo67EL9I1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

I'm not a big Jason fan, but I think Jason X is really good. It's such a departure from the typical formula and I love it. It also has some of the best kills in the series. Highly recommended. It's streaming on Tubi for free. Same with the Chucky movies.

2eb6fa3a784e169d7d01f5cb45a5958b8ba2968f.gifv

Psalm 101:3-4
3 I will set no wicked thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me.
4 A perverse heart shall depart from me; I will know no evil.

Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Ephesians 5:8-12
8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light
9 (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth),
10 trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;
12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.

John 10:10
10 "The thief
(who is the devil) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Proverbs 2:10-14
10 For wisdom will enter your heart And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
11 Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you,
12 To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things;
13 From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness;
14 Who delight in doing evil And rejoice in the perversity of evil;

Entertainment to some .IMHO to me not much different then watching the reports of the hamas ,Israeli battles or seeing un filtered reports .

I'm not a fan of horror myself

Psalm 101:3-4
3 I will set no wicked thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me.
4 A perverse heart shall depart from me; I will know no evil.

Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Ephesians 5:8-12
8 for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light
9 (for the fruit of the Light consists in all goodness and righteousness and truth),
10 trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;
12 for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret.

John 10:10
10 "The thief
(who is the devil) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Proverbs 2:10-14
10 For wisdom will enter your heart And knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
11 Discretion will guard you, Understanding will watch over you,
12 To deliver you from the way of evil, From the man who speaks perverse things;
13 From those who leave the paths of uprightness To walk in the ways of darkness;
14 Who delight in doing evil And rejoice in the perversity of evil;
3e3.jpg

Romans 16:19
19 ...I want you to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil.

Isaiah 33:10-15
10 "Now I will arise," says the LORD, "Now I will be exalted, now I will be lifted up.
11 "You have conceived chaff, you will give birth to stubble; My breath will consume you like a fire.
12 "The peoples will be burned to lime, Like cut thorns which are burned in the fire.
13 "You who are far away, hear what I have done; And you who are near, acknowledge My might."
14 Sinners in Zion are terrified; Trembling has seized the godless. "
Who among us can live with the consuming fire? Who among us can live with continual burning?"
15 He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, He who rejects unjust gain And shakes his hands so that they hold no bribe; He who stops his ears from hearing about bloodshed And shuts his eyes from looking upon evil;

Psalm 101:3

I’ve never understood how Christians could like horror movies; it’s oil and water.
Because... The same reason they enjoy going on roller coasters or going into a haunted house at the fair. It's fun.

And Christians need to be very careful about they choose as entertainment. It’s never, “They’re just movies.”
Why not?

I knew it wouldn't be long before this thread went south.

I can't really do horror generally, certainly not slasher films. I enjoy psychological horror sometimes. Other times I've looked up either ghost stories or stories about stuff like people's houses being broken into and stuff told like a horror story. Both make me very very paranoid, so I don't do it often.

I dunno 🤷‍♀️
I liked horror. Then I didn’t. I assumed that I just lost interest somewhere between 25 and 30. But now I do think my faith led to a rather gradual loss of interest. And…

Honestly? In my case it’s not just horror movies. Maybe it’s because I read about old Hollywood for a while there..and because movie plots in general are formulaic probably to maximize profits…

Just not all that interested. I also read fewer novels now but that’s mostly because novels tend to focus on upper class people and their problems..

Can we let people enjoy things? People are gonna have different perspectives on this stuff and it's not central to the faith by any means.

I've watched animes like Parasyte that could be qualified as horror. Stuff like that is more like the horror kinda stuff I'm interested in, if ever. Something like Corpse Party would be too far for me.
1700530153376.gif

Can we let people enjoy things?
Things that are proper for Christians to enjoy, yes.

People are gonna have different perspectives on this stuff and it's not central to the faith by any means.
It isn’t? Doesn’t what we choose for entertainment reveal what’s in our hearts? What can be in a Christian that would draw them to horror movies? Jesus? The Holy Spirit? It does not compute.

It isn’t? Doesn’t what we choose for entertainment reveal what’s in our hearts? What can be in a Christian that would draw them to horror movies? Jesus? The Holy Spirit? It does not compute.
Not gonna argue, but man, this is so unnecessary to throw a fit over

I get your point but

I enjoy MMA.i will watch MMA fights and call the fight before the ref will by noticing the reactions of the fighters .I trained in that and know the basics.

It isn't any different.paying fighters to fight and bring entertained by it it's not forced but the Roman influence of the gladiator is an influence .

Most martial arts were simply weapons of war .

I watch it because I trained in the arts and that's my nature .I also carry . Same mind set .

Trek ,Stargate etc and most entertaining isn't goinas be biblical .I see it as a Romans 14 issue .

Back