Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your favorite horror character/movies

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Back to horror movies 🎥
I’m kind of worried about how we’re being exposed to more and more violence and terror and sexual stuff…
While wages are largely stagnant mass incarceration seems to be the new norm the safety net has largely been shredded and basic rights such as the right to vote 🗳️ are under attack…

It’s as if Hollywood is a crucial part of the bread and circus 🤡 tactics of a crumbling society…

It's not new .

Circus Maximus anyone ? And the gladiator era ?

History doesn't reapeat but it does rhyme .
gladiator-are-you-not-entertained.gif

Are there any other types of movies you feel the same way about? And is our talking about them really that big of an issue? If it is, I will relent and not make any more posts on the subject.

I want people to keep walking. I cannot become a stumbling block to their walk.

Not sure who you're addressing here, but, for myself, it's not a stumblingblock to me to hear professing Christians discussing their enjoyment of what God has defined very clearly as sin. I have discipled men for a long time now and have heard all sorts of evil things in which they were involved. I'm hard to shock at this point. If I care at all for other Christians, however, and I believe the very dire things that God says about sin, I can't just walk past it unremarked, pretending that it's okay that fellow believers are not only guilty of sin but encouraging others to join them in it. Godly love requires more of me than this.

Psalm 50:18-21
18 "When you see a thief, you are pleased with him, And you associate with adulterers.
19 "You let your mouth loose in evil And your tongue frames deceit.
20 "You sit and speak against your brother; You slander your own mother's son.
21 "These things you have done and I kept silence; You thought that I was just like you; I will reprove you and state the case in order before your eyes.

Ephesians 5:11
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;

Would the movie "Walking Tall" with Joe Don Baker about the late Sherriff Buford Pusser be acceptable?.Remember Sherriff Pusser spent his career striking down corruption,vice,bootlegging,prostitution.Is the violence in the first "Walking Tall" tolerable in the eyes of the Lord?.Are the police allowed to use violence?,or the U.S Military?.How do you feel about the Kent State Ohio campus uprising/shooting.Sometimes,The U.S Military,National Guard,Police are sent to deliver God's Wrath,is that acceptable?

Kent state .

Let's stop a protest with a line formation with bayonets and loaded m16 then force a crowd to retreat into a fence then when they have no choice to run into us ,we shoot them .

That is used as what not to do. We don't carry riot gear armed like that . It's the riot baton .oc spray ,and zip ties and also the shot gun loaded with beam bag rounds .lethal munitions are provided of the situation dictates .

We also have riot shields ,tazers.
I'm retired guard

Would the movie "Walking Tall" with Joe Don Baker about the late Sherriff Buford Pusser be acceptable?.Remember Sherriff Pusser spent his career striking down corruption,vice,bootlegging,prostitution.Is the violence in the first "Walking Tall" tolerable in the eyes of the Lord?

Now you're asking the right question. Not, "Is it all right in my own eyes?" but "Is it right in the eyes of the Lord"? And the Lord says to us in His word:

Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Isaiah 33:14-15 (NASB)
14 Sinners in Zion are terrified; Trembling has seized the godless. "Who among us can live with the consuming fire? Who among us can live with continual burning?"
15 He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, He who rejects unjust gain And shakes his hands so that they hold no bribe; He who stops his ears from hearing about bloodshed And shuts his eyes from looking upon evil;

Hebrews 12:2-3
2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Psalm 1:1-3
1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.

Kent state .

Let's stop a protest with a line formation with bayonets and loaded m16 then force a crowd to retreat into a fence then when they have no choice to run into us ,we shoot them .

That is used as what not to do. We don't carry riot gear armed like that . It's the riot baton .oc spray ,and zip ties and also the shot gun loaded with beam bag rounds .lethal munitions are provided of the situation dictates .

We also have riot shields ,tazers.
I'm retired guard
Interesting,bit didn't the Guard Personnel at Kent use M1 Garands?.If I'm not mistaken,the Guard Personnel were preparing to respond with a second volley,when they seen students regrouping for another demonstration.Thats when a campus professor got between the students and Guard Members,and warned the students,Those men are going to kill you!!,please stop what you are doing!.

Interesting,bit didn't the Guard Personnel at Kent use M1 Garands?.If I'm not mistaken,the Guard Personnel were preparing to respond with a second volley,when they seen students regrouping for another demonstration.Thats when a campus professor got between the students and Guard Members,and warned the students,Those men are going to kill you!!,please stop what you are doing!.
No ,the army switched to m16 by that time .

No reason to use that force .it was an overeaction

After reading through this thread,I don't know if I'm going to watch 'Dirty Harry' movies anymore.

"A Man's Got To Know His Limitations."

Just so you know: I was a big movie buff for a long time. As a younger guy, in particular, I loved martial arts/action movies. As a single guy in my early twenties, it was my common practice right after work on Friday night to buy a huge meatlover's pizza and a big bottle of Pepsi and five or six martial arts/action flicks and just binge-watch the lot of them in one night. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yuen, Sammo Hung, Jet Li, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme, Chuck Norris - I loved watching these guys beat the stuffings out of the bad guys! Swords, guns, grenades, nunchuku, and some crazy kungfu weapons I don't know the names of were always an important part of my movie viewing. Actually, I liked sci-fi, too, now that I think of it. Anyway, as God's got a hold of me more and more, and I'm enjoying Him with increasing depth, I just don't find blood, and guts, and gore at all interesting anymore. In fact, I hardly watch any movies anymore. I just don't want to. I can't enjoy God as I am now and fill my mind with the moral and spiritual garbage that most movies portray. If I do, the great stuff going on between God and me is ruined, it just...stops until I repent of watching crap, and forsake rotten movies, and give God control of my life again. But, you know, I don't miss movies; God is far better in so many ways!

I do still watch some few movies, occasionally: "Harvey" (starring Jimmy Stewart), "Drunken Master" (starring Jackie Chan), "The Incredibles (1&2)", "Megamind," "How To Train Your Dragon," "KungFu Panda" - I love cartoons! (I draw them semi-professionally, you see) - The Princess Bride (starring Mandy Patinkin, Andre the Giant, Billy Crystal, etc.), Empire of the Sun (an older Spielberg flick), "Signs" (starring Mel Gibson), and so on. My wife and I haven't watched a new movie in ages, though. There just aren't any decent ones anymore. It's all unmitigated rot, as far as I can tell. Yikes. I've changed, yes, but so have the movies (and not for the better).

Just so you know: I was a big movie buff for a long time. As a younger guy, in particular, I loved martial arts/action movies. As a single guy in my early twenties, it was my common practice right after work on Friday night to buy a huge meatlover's pizza and a big bottle of Pepsi and five or six martial arts/action flicks and just binge-watch the lot of them in one night. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yuen, Sammo Hung, Jet Li, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme, Chuck Norris - I loved watching these guys beat the stuffings out of the bad guys! Swords, guns, grenades, nunchuku, and some crazy kungfu weapons I don't know the names of were always an important part of my movie viewing. Actually, I liked sci-fi, too, now that I think of it. Anyway, as God's got a hold of me more and more, and I'm enjoying Him with increasing depth, I just don't find blood, and guts, and gore at all interesting anymore. In fact, I hardly watch any movies anymore. I just don't want to. I can't enjoy God as I am now and fill my mind with the moral and spiritual garbage that most movies portray. If I do, the great stuff going on between God and me is ruined, it just...stops until I repent of watching crap, and forsake rotten movies, and give God control of my life again. But, you know, I don't miss movies; God is far better in so many ways!

I do still watch some few movies, occasionally: "Harvey" (starring Jimmy Stewart), "Drunken Master" (starring Jackie Chan), "The Incredibles (1&2)", "Megamind," "How To Train Your Dragon," "KungFu Panda" - I love cartoons! (I draw them semi-professionally, you see) - The Princess Bride (starring Mandy Patinkin, Andre the Giant, Billy Crystal, etc.), Empire of the Sun (an older Spielberg flick), "Signs" (starring Mel Gibson), and so on. My wife and I haven't watched a new movie in ages, though. There just aren't any decent ones anymore. It's all unmitigated rot, as far as I can tell. Yikes. I've changed, yes, but so have the movies (and not for the better).
Those are exactly the kinds of movies I grew up watching. I have the Bruce Lee collection on blu ray disc. At least we know you're human now, T. :tongue

Harvey,with Jimmy Stewart,funny movie.

Back