Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Your favorite horror character/movies

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Just so you know: I was a big movie buff for a long time. As a younger guy, in particular, I loved martial arts/action movies. As a single guy in my early twenties, it was my common practice right after work on Friday night to buy a huge meatlover's pizza and a big bottle of Pepsi and five or six martial arts/action flicks and just binge-watch the lot of them in one night. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yuen, Sammo Hung, Jet Li, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme, Chuck Norris - I loved watching these guys beat the stuffings out of the bad guys! Swords, guns, grenades, nunchuku, and some crazy kungfu weapons I don't know the names of were always an important part of my movie viewing. Actually, I liked sci-fi, too, now that I think of it. Anyway, as God's got a hold of me more and more, and I'm enjoying Him with increasing depth, I just don't find blood, and guts, and gore at all interesting anymore. In fact, I hardly watch any movies anymore. I just don't want to. I can't enjoy God as I am now and fill my mind with the moral and spiritual garbage that most movies portray. If I do, the great stuff going on between God and me is ruined, it just...stops until I repent of watching crap, and forsake rotten movies, and give God control of my life again. But, you know, I don't miss movies; God is far better in so many ways!

I do still watch some few movies, occasionally: "Harvey" (starring Jimmy Stewart), "Drunken Master" (starring Jackie Chan), "The Incredibles (1&2)", "Megamind," "How To Train Your Dragon," "KungFu Panda" - I love cartoons! (I draw them semi-professionally, you see) - The Princess Bride (starring Mandy Patinkin, Andre the Giant, Billy Crystal, etc.), Empire of the Sun (an older Spielberg flick), "Signs" (starring Mel Gibson), and so on. My wife and I haven't watched a new movie in ages, though. There just aren't any decent ones anymore. It's all unmitigated rot, as far as I can tell. Yikes. I've changed, yes, but so have the movies (and not for the better).
You better becareful talking about Jimmy Stewart,he had an out of wed-lock affair with Marlene Dietrich,plus the Terminator,he had a love-child with the maid while married to whats-her-name,Ha,Ha,I'm Kidding around,Happy Thanksgiving.

You better becareful talking about Jimmy Stewart,he had an out of wed-lock affair with Marlene Dietrich,plus the Terminator,he had a love-child with the maid while married to whats-her-name,Ha,Ha,I'm Kidding around,Happy Thanksgiving.
Brigadier Gen Stewart , retired .

bed-time.gif

Legalism takes many forms - including the form of sharp intolerance of those who don't see things just the way you do.
We are probably closer then you think on this .I have given up most media in the form of movies and TV shows .

When sgu had a lesbian character back in 09.i lost interest in tv.i decided I wasn't going to support those type of shows .I do watch a lot of reruns .

Hollywood is dying .

Hey All,
I love the old black and white horror films Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Wolfman are the classics. But my favorite is The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Shape of Water is a great spiritual successor. Plus that agent got what was comming!

Horror isn't necessarily devoid of goodness just because it shows the worst of humanity. Especially if the Big Evil Thing (or person) is shown in a bad light.
You could maybe make a case for slasher films where the point is just to be shocked minute by minute or something.

Just think it's a shame that a thread intended to be fun now has to be contentious.
I mean The Conjuring series and the Director behind The VVitch and Heriditary fit whole into a Christian horror worldview.

I mean The Conjuring series and the Director behind The VVitch and Heriditary fit whole into a Christian horror worldview.

I was wondering if someone was going to mention The Conjuring series. I just got the blu ray set that includes the 3 Conjuring films, Annabelle and the first Nun movie. I was actually impressed by it.

I grew out of the whole slasher horror scene pretty quickly. Early on I watched many zombie horror films which was more my thing and I like supernatural films as well which the Conjuring was my thing.

The Paranormal Activity films I thought was pretty stupid but it ended up being part of a satanic cult which explained the first 2 films. I think the worst part is how useless they made Christianity out to be. The Conjuring films seemed more realistic in the sense that God will protect you from evil. And Conjuring 2 is the perfect example of why you shouldn't mess with the Occult, they had a home made Ouiji board.

That one had me on edge the entire time. If I recall that one the kids were never baptized. I haven't watched any of the Ouiji films yet.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I liked cheesy horror movies back in the day. Fun…for an unbeliever teenager. Now? I’m kinda glad I don’t remember the details lol 😆
I do think faith in Christ changes one’s tastes and perspective. I find horror…too horrifying now somehow. Even more old school psychological suspense movies 🎥 don’t appeal to me. Maybe my nerves just can’t take it?
Hey All,
I do too. "The Blob" is hilariously funny. But technically it's a horror movie.
So is "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken." Technically a scary movie; but super funny as well.
Godzilla is fiction. It's a suspense movie with a scary monster and all the fixens. Did you know that Godzilla, the original movie was also protest movie against using atomic bombs. Godzilla is the fictional "what could happen" from the radiation and fallout of atomic weapons: That using them might bring about unforseen circumstances.
Where is the good?
Not blowing each other up is a pretty good thing.

To those who are so against this, what do you do for fun? What secular activities do you do for fun?
I also enjoy most sports. There is nothing particularly edifying about hitting a ball with a bat. But I like it.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

The Ghost and Mr.Chicken,good movie,it's a comedy,but with its share of a little creepiness."You tell'em Luther!!!!",and they used Bon'Ami.Try 'Deathdreams' aka 'Dead of Night'.

Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Psalm 101:3
3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes...

Back