Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

12 steps with Jesus <3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi all. A couple of people from my church are running something called 12 Steps With Jesus. They support any addict, and even when you're clean you can still talk to them anytime. Even gave me their personal number

When I met up with them to discuss I wasn't expecting that level of compassion and openness, as they were explaining the process I almost burst into tears as I felt God right there, with me.

Before this meeting in the church, I had been feeling hopeless and suicidal over some vague news I interpreted really badly. I didn't even pray yet as I had this meeting scheduled straight away. Yet, I felt as though he was offering me this as a solution to my pain, despite that. God is great and it really is true that in your darkest deepest moments he seems even closer. Just wanted to share that. So many things like this have happened since I turned to him in early February, mostly after prayers but not always. He really is always right there, trying to be a guide, without affecting free-will of course. That is love. <3

God promised He will never leave or forsake us especially in our darkest hour, amen.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Heb 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Hi all. A couple of people from my church are running something called 12 Steps With Jesus. They support any addict, and even when you're clean you can still talk to them anytime. Even gave me their personal number

When I met up with them to discuss I wasn't expecting that level of compassion and openness, as they were explaining the process I almost burst into tears as I felt God right there, with me.

Before this meeting in the church, I had been feeling hopeless and suicidal over some vague news I interpreted really badly. I didn't even pray yet as I had this meeting scheduled straight away. Yet, I felt as though he was offering me this as a solution to my pain, despite that. God is great and it really is true that in your darkest deepest moments he seems even closer. Just wanted to share that. So many things like this have happened since I turned to him in early February, mostly after prayers but not always. He really is always right there, trying to be a guide, without affecting free-will of course. That is love. <3
Hey All,
Amen! (Say it LOUD!!!) AMEN!!!
Boy that is good to hear PrimFinallyFoundGod. You get my big old hug of the day. 🫂

You got it exactly right. The Holy Spirit fixes us. We will still make a mistake from time to time. But we are not alone. Even if we put ourselves back in the gutter of life, so to speak; the Holy Spirit is right there with us. We, if we are truly believers, can never get so bad, that the Holy Spirit leaves us. Once we come to our spiritual senses, through the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit, we can pick ourselves up, ask for forgiveness, make amends where possible, and start walking again. The bonds of sin no longer keep us down.

You made my day a little brighter PrimFinallyFoundGod.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Steps?
I see a lot of steps from time to time. Logical steps to me, but not always steps others always seem to see.

The spiritual gifts and ministery gifts are ranked.

Here is a list of ranked operations.
2 Peter 1:5 jjv
5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge,
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither bebarren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Verse 8 gives us the reason to follow the progression.

Do I perfectly follow the steps? No.
Are the steps there ? Yes.

Steps to salvation exist.

Not just 3 steps.
Not always 6 steps
not just 9 steps
Not just 12 steps

I am sure there are many steps.
Oxen have 4 stomachs for digestion.
We have steps to wisdom.

Right now we probably are just starting to see steps. Hopefully in ten years we may see more.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back