Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

12 Year Old Stabbers

All the doctors will try to work out why this has happened but they wont work out anything.

The Bible says even a child is known by his doings.
I think that children are a prime target for Satan.Look at our television,look at the video games and parental influence.I think we are going to see more and more of this.

A lot of times, I see crimes like this and I credit the depravity of man, but I think there's real demonic activity behind this Slender man.

It is high time to hold parents accountable for the actions of their children. There are plenty of reasons why children are led to do unwise things, and it all starts with what their parents allow them to do and be involved in.

It is high time to hold parents accountable for the actions of their children. There are plenty of reasons why children are led to do unwise things, and it all starts with what their parents allow them to do and be involved in.
Parents have welcomed and allowed the state to 'take' our children... We do not have the tools to control them.... Too many Christian parents want the babysetting of the state and overlooked the consequences...

Sometimes parents can do everything they can to raise children right and the kids still turn out demonic. Pay attention to the Who Can Know It, in the below verse well that whole verse says it all.

Jeremiah 17:9
King James Version (KJV)

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Are we forgetting that parents have direct control over what kinds of electronic devices our children use, and for how long? Really, this all comes down to parenting and proper discipline.

Sure, there are children you may still rebel against their parents, but is that any consolation when it happens?

Are we forgetting that parents have direct control over what kinds of electronic devices our children use, and for how long? Really, this all comes down to parenting and proper discipline.

Sure, there are children you may still rebel against their parents, but is that any consolation when it happens?

Unless you're going lock your child in a cage and keep him hidden away from society, you don't have direct control over what devices that child uses.

Holding the parents responsible will do nothing but increase prison populations.

Unless you're going lock your child in a cage and keep him hidden away from society, you don't have direct control over what devices that child uses.

Holding the parents responsible will do nothing but increase prison populations.
That is right Gary.Kids can go off with their friends without parents knowing and do what they want.A good healthy Godly conscience is good.When I was in 7th grade I had a friend that was kind of wild.We had gone to Fred Meyer which is a big grocery store in Oregon and Washington.We went into the makeup section.She told me "hey if you do not have money for the stuff just take it no one will ever know". I took a make-up case.Everytime I looked at that make-up case it made me sick.I have never,ever stolen anything again.

That depends on how you hold parents accountable.

Personally, my wife and I limit the kinds of media our kids are exposed to. Sure we have a tv, computers, and the like, but we make sure we know what they are viewing and will turn off anything we deem inappropriate. That is active parenting.

So little active parenting goes on today.

Personally, my wife and I limit the kinds of media our kids are exposed to. Sure we have a tv, computers, and the like, but we make sure we know what they are viewing and will turn off anything we deem inappropriate. That is active parenting.

That sounds well and good but how do you monitor their activity when they're away from home?

When the child is not under your direct supervision you dont know what they are doing... Walk to the local store with a friend. Back in the 30s mom was going to church NOPE she and her friends went on motorcycles to San Jose.

That depends on how you hold parents accountable.

So little active parenting goes on today.
It is nice to know some parents really try and some will succeed.. Way too often the kids are raised by the TV ,The teachers, and the other neighborhood kids.
I was a stinker of a kid (big surprise) The same training i was rebelling against kept me from getting into too much or too deep of trouble... That training came from mom & dad.. AND hours and hours of prayer....
There 5 of us kids... When Dad noticed this verse he took it to heart he literally went in the wee hours to pray for us... We were not hungry for bread but for manna
Lam_2:19 Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street.

Back