Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] 2 oceans won't mix

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hopefully that means Fukushima turns only one ocean to wormwood and not all.
Please,read up,on,radiation levels ,its not even close to,that .

The fear of nukes power but adoration of solar and electric cars despite ,that neodymium leaves radiation in its creation in water is strange

Please,read up,on,radiation levels ,its not even close to,that .

The fear of nukes power but adoration of solar and electric cars despite ,that neodymium leaves radiation in its creation in water is strange
I do know the active practice of dumping the accumulated radioactive waste water cannot be good.

I do know the active practice of dumping the accumulated radioactive waste water cannot be good.
They don't irradiate water and then dump it.

The water used inside of reactors is pure water with no dissolved minerals or salts... because pure water can't become radioactive...

Now this pure water can be used to heat other water...but it's not contaminated with radioactivity whatsoever...heat maybe...but nothing radioactive.

Now the only way that water becomes contaminated is if dissolved minerals or salts are in water exposed...as in pools containing spent fuel rods.
But these minerals are easily removed...just like drinking water is purified. Many ways to collect them.

So I have no idea what you are talking about with dumping radioactive water.
Where does this stuff accumulate?
How is is contaminated?
Even the sewage from drinking fountains is highly monitored at Nuke plants...it's ridiculous...every tree numbered and inventoried.
What you are saying isn't possible. About a thousand people would have to be bribed to keep quiet.
Which is why I won't work in a Nuke plant...too many people are needed to coordinate and inspect anything. I'll usually run @ 60' of pipe in @90 minutes in a normal environment. In a Nuke plant you had a great week if you ran that much. (You won't)

They don't irradiate water and then dump it.

The water used inside of reactors is pure water with no dissolved minerals or salts... because pure water can't become radioactive...

Now this pure water can be used to heat other water...but it's not contaminated with radioactivity whatsoever...heat maybe...but nothing radioactive.

Now the only way that water becomes contaminated is if dissolved minerals or salts are in water exposed...as in pools containing spent fuel rods.
But these minerals are easily removed...just like drinking water is purified. Many ways to collect them.

So I have no idea what you are talking about with dumping radioactive water.
Where does this stuff accumulate?
How is is contaminated?
Even the sewage from drinking fountains is highly monitored at Nuke plants...it's ridiculous...every tree numbered and inventoried.
What you are saying isn't possible. About a thousand people would have to be bribed to keep quiet.
Which is why I won't work in a Nuke plant...too many people are needed to coordinate and inspect anything. I'll usually run @ 60' of pipe in @90 minutes in a normal environment. In a Nuke plant you had a great week if you ran that much. (You won't)
www.independent.com
asiatimes
theguardian
snopes
All report tritium laced water being dumped because they've run out of space and the amount( something like 1 million+ tons) is unmanageable. Youtube has videos. Type it in anywhere. Easy to find.

Tritium, like deuterium, can be used for a fusion bomb.
It's fairly stable stuff.
It occurs naturally in nature...it isn't common but it isn't harmful either. Unlike several other elements used extensively. Arsenic, lead derivatives, and Mercury.

Tritium, like deuterium, can be used for a fusion bomb.
It's fairly stable stuff.
It occurs naturally in nature...it isn't common but it isn't harmful either. Unlike several other elements used extensively. Arsenic, lead derivatives, and Mercury.
Heavy water is toxic upon massive consumptions,the amount is large ,1.5 gallons ,aka deuterium .

I posted in another thread

As you can see from the image above you cannot see any tall buildings on the horizon, so, the earth is not flat. You can get the worlds best pair of binoculars and have a look if you like, even a mighty telescope.

Actually, that's how a hydrogen bomb works. There's a tiny, tiny amount of radioactive hydrogen in water molecules which if collected, can be rather dangerous. But water can't "catch" radioactivity from radioactive elements, which is what you clearly meant.

Actually, that's how a hydrogen bomb works. There's a tiny, tiny amount of radioactive hydrogen in water molecules which if collected, can be rather dangerous. But water can't "catch" radioactivity from radioactive elements, which is what you clearly meant.
It's been years since I have had to know this stuff...but there was fusion and fission. Fusion is a "cleaner" explosion with a small radioactive core afterwards but huge burst of radioactivity (tac nukes)and fission is dirty everywhere.

This is what I found just from a cursory search:
So, it's still controversial, and there are both positives and negatives about it. Can't see that anyone else is contaminating sea water with radioactive material, as Fukushima seems the only one in headlines.

Concerning oceans mixing, here is a map of ocean currents:

So, I can't see how oceans can't mix. They may be coming to false conclusions, since they don't even mention deep ocean currents, and it's easy to photoshop colors. They spend a lot of time on rivers that don't mix for awhile, but that doesn't support their conclusion about oceans IMO.

Anyone with discussion on how this plays out scientifically?
TD:)

Last edited:
This is what I found just from a cursory search:
So, it's still controversial, and there are both positives and negatives about it. Can't see that anyone else is contaminating sea water with radioactive material, as Fukushima seems the only one in headlines.

Concerning oceans mixing, here is a map of ocean currents:

So, I can't see how oceans can't mix. Where is that info coming from? Let's see the source.
He already did...look through past posts so you can catch up.

He already did...look through past posts so you can catch up.
Ok, but I didn't see any of these pertinent links in any of the posts. Anyway, this became a side issue, as the OP is addressing oceans mixing, and that's 1/2 of my post. Also, sorry you responded so fast and didn't get to see my edits.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back