Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

2012 and Armegeddon

LisaLisa

I believe Jesus is coming back in either 2011 or 2012. I say both years because there are 2 different ways to interpret the Mayan calendar.

St. Malachy and the prophesy of the 112 popes also alludes that the end is very near. I think it will come in the form of a natural disaster, polar shift, meteorite or something along those lines.

As far as the rapture, I don't know. I would like to think that I will be caught up in the air with the lord before it happens, but I'm not sure about that interpretation.

Maybe the true christians will be left behind on a "New Cleansed Earth"? What do you guys think?

LisaLisa said:
I believe Jesus is coming back in either 2011 or 2012. I say both years because there are 2 different ways to interpret the Mayan calendar.

St. Malachy and the prophesy of the 112 popes also alludes that the end is very near. I think it will come in the form of a natural disaster, polar shift, meteorite or something along those lines.

As far as the rapture, I don't know. I would like to think that I will be caught up in the air with the lord before it happens, but I'm not sure about that interpretation.

Maybe the true christians will be left behind on a "New Cleansed Earth"? What do you guys think?

Not coming back in either 2011 or 12.

I think you're mixing up several different events there. The second coming, the end of the world, and Armageddon are not synonymous with one another. :)

happyjoy said:
LisaLisa said:

How do you know?

Caroline H said:
I think you're mixing up several different events there. The second coming, the end of the world, and Armageddon are not synonymous with one another. :)

I've always thought it went something like this:

1. Christ returns and gathers up his people (rapture)
2. Great tribuilation for 7 years
3. Destruction of the earth (armegeddon)

LisaLisa said:
happyjoy said:
LisaLisa said:

How do you know?

People have been predicting that Jesus is coming back, and or the world is going to end for 2000 years. They have been wrong every single time, and will continue to be wrong.

LisaLisa said:
Caroline H said:

I've always thought it went something like this:

1. Christ returns and gathers up his people (rapture)
2. Great tribuilation for 7 years
3. Destruction of the earth (armegeddon)

That is pretty much what I have heard too. I have also heard there was supposed to be a new kingdom on earth for 1000 years. I have also heard that the new kingdom will last forever.

In 2000 all the computers, and computerized products were supposed to quit. That would have been a catastrophic event big enough to made honorable mention in the Bible, maybe not a headline, but a mention.

Neither will 2012 bring anything. In the first place the world does not just end!. The world as man knows it now will, with the Kingdom of God in charge, not man, but the end is not quite yet. The time of tribulation, then the 1000 year millennium kingdom rule of Christ, then comes the end. But not the end then! because a new heaven, and earth replaces this old corrupted one.

So will 2012 bring anything with it, maybe rain or snow, but aside from that NOTHING. Unless the Lord decides to come, and disrupt this wicked party. But according to the signs and times, I think that is not likely to happen, of course he said "I will come at a time you think not". But - that would just be the beginning not the end. :)

I keep hearing that the world is going to end in 2012.

Somebody please tell me it will happen before the Iowa Caucus and New Hampshire Primary.

I believe Jesus is coming back in either 2011 or 2012. I say both years because there are 2 different ways to interpret the Mayan calendar

What has the Mayan calender and Mayan prophecies got to do with Christianity. Please don't determine Jesus's coming this way. Read the Bible and what is read in there.

LisaLisa said:

Ok so now I'm certain the world will continue past 2012.
There have been many many people who have attempted to predict the end of the world.
Each of them have been proven wrong which means so far any prediction about the end of the world has a 100% failure rate.

What are the chances the Mayans have it right and everyone else has it wrong?

LisaLisa said:

The time of Christ return will go beyond what Christians now think.

Habakkuk 2
1 I will stand at my watch
and station myself on the ramparts;
I will look to see what he will say to me,
and what answer I am to give to this complaint.

The LORD's Answer
2 Then the LORD replied:
"Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a messenger may run with it.
3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay.

Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. Luke 12:40

sounds like it's still unexpected no matter what....but...

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 1 Thessalonians 5:4

ahh, there is hope to know for those that are not in darkness.

And thanks to Daniel, we will know the exact timing one day soon and when to start counting the days.

LisaLisa said:
happyjoy said:
LisaLisa said:

How do you know?

Simple:

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

Mark 13:32

Nobody knows, we know the signs and im sure most here will agree we are in the end times but NONE of us will get it right

True said:
Simple:

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

Nobody knows, we know the signs and im sure most here will agree we are in the end times but NONE of us will get it right

Well 'True' that may not be true. Lets take a closer look at the day and hour thingy.

We know according to scripture everthing has its season. So we can I think narrow some things that down from that. What season would Messiah most likely return? Well, based upon history during the spring season feasts Passover was when Christ was crucified the 14th day of Nisan. There were other spring feasts and just like Passover each had a reason in Gods calander each happening on a very specific date and time throughout our history. These other spring feasts are known as the feast of unleavened bread Christs body would not see the ravages of death and decay. Feast of first fruits some of you chase easter bunnys and eggs. But it is of Christs ressurection. Then we come to Shavout or as some say Pentecost.

Now we come to the first fall season feast the Feast of Trumpets.

It may be the "Feast that no man knows the day or hour", that is, "Yom Teruah" / "Feast of Blowing (of Trumpets)/Shouting" when we may see His coming. This is the only feast day that you do not know in advance exactly the day or hour when it is going to start because it happens on the day of the new visible crescent moon of the 7th month. And it takes two priests witnessing the new moon, to declare it to the high priest, who then declares the start of the feast. Could this represent the Son and Holy Spirit going to the Father and then the Father declaring that yes, it is time. Until he declares it, no one knows if he will do it immediately, or after a short delay. There were times too when the feast would be celebrated for an additional day in case clouds covered the sky preventing the witnesses from actually observing the exact time of the new moon. If this is correct then once we see the abomination of desolation, we will know, within the 2 day window of this feast, the time of his return.

The use of the trumpet call, very possibly alludes to the feast of trumpets.

According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God , and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-16

Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

Note: Here we are told that this day should not surprise us. How could that be, if we don't have any idea about the day and the hour?

It would seem you could very well have interpreted something about "day and the hour" wrong along the way. Certainly we have from Daniel an exact to the Day count from the abomination that causes desolation one must wait (1335 days) for some some sort of blessing. Will it fulfill on the historical Hebrew calendar for that feast, just as the first advent events matched the holidays, or do you simply think what has so often been taught to be, that we would have no real clue about the specific timing of the event?

As for me I will watch and ask is it time Lord is this the day, will I hear the trumpet sound?

flaja said:
I keep hearing that the world is going to end in 2012.

Somebody please tell me it will happen before the Iowa Caucus and New Hampshire Primary.
:biglol Aah, priceless! Hey, NJ is in pretty bad shape right now too! :shocked!

KumiOri said:
True said:
Simple:

Well 'True' that may not be true. Lets take a closer look at the day and hour thingy.

We know according to scripture everthing has its season. So we can I think narrow some things that down from that. What season would Messiah most likely return? Well, based upon history during the spring season feasts Passover was when Christ was crucified the 14th day of Nisan. There were other spring feasts and just like Passover each had a reason in Gods calander each happening on a very specific date and time throughout our history. These other spring feasts are known as the feast of unleavened bread Christs body would not see the ravages of death and decay. Feast of first fruits some of you chase easter bunnys and eggs. But it is of Christs ressurection. Then we come to Shavout or as some say Pentecost.

Now we come to the first fall season feast the Feast of Trumpets.

It may be the "Feast that no man knows the day or hour", that is, "Yom Teruah" / "Feast of Blowing (of Trumpets)/Shouting" when we may see His coming. This is the only feast day that you do not know in advance exactly the day or hour when it is going to start because it happens on the day of the new visible crescent moon of the 7th month. And it takes two priests witnessing the new moon, to declare it to the high priest, who then declares the start of the feast. Could this represent the Son and Holy Spirit going to the Father and then the Father declaring that yes, it is time. Until he declares it, no one knows if he will do it immediately, or after a short delay. There were times too when the feast would be celebrated for an additional day in case clouds covered the sky preventing the witnesses from actually observing the exact time of the new moon. If this is correct then once we see the abomination of desolation, we will know, within the 2 day window of this feast, the time of his return.

The use of the trumpet call, very possibly alludes to the feast of trumpets.

According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God , and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-16

Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

Note: Here we are told that this day should not surprise us. How could that be, if we don't have any idea about the day and the hour?

It would seem you could very well have interpreted something about "day and the hour" wrong along the way. Certainly we have from Daniel an exact to the Day count from the abomination that causes desolation one must wait (1335 days) for some some sort of blessing. Will it fulfill on the historical Hebrew calendar for that feast, just as the first advent events matched the holidays, or do you simply think what has so often been taught to be, that we would have no real clue about the specific timing of the event?

As for me I will watch and ask is it time Lord is this the day, will I hear the trumpet sound?

Thanks for that, it’s quite interesting to read about Yom Teruah. I have heard this in prophecy before from a preacher (his name escapes me now).

No, as I have stated before we are in the End Times. The establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948 signals the coming of harvest time (Parable of the Fig Tree) We are here NOW. But I still cannot name a time or date. Can you?

If you are to name a date, it is down to your interpretation of:

1: What the 'abomonation of desolation' is

2. The structure of time in Daniel and the Book of Revelation (i.e. days meaning days or days representing years as so commonly utilised in the Bible).

If your arguement hinges on the 'abomination of desolation' then you will have to make clear to me what it is if we are to start naming dates and times.

Has the abomination already occurred? Some say the building of the dome of the rock in 691/2AD is the abomination standing on the temple mount; Allah claiming he is God. Others say that it is a future event. If you have Preterists view then time there can be no prediction when Jesus will return because the time of 1335 days has passed...

If the dome of the rock is the abomination (which to me seems to me to be likely) then calculating days as years in the bible means that Jesus' return (the Blessing) will occur in 2027 (this is not using the Hebrew calendar). But surely the fact that I have already mentioned this date as the possible return of Christ rules it out? For:

In your quotation, Paul is telling us not to fall asleep in faith; stay awake and wait for the Master of the House and this day won’t surprise us because we, as Christians, know we are in the "harvest season". Israel has been established as a nation and "VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU THIS GENERATION SHALL NOT PASS TILL ALL THESE THINGS BE FULFILLED†(Matthew 24:34). Taking that a generation (i.e. a person) will not live beyond Moses (120 years old) we have until 2068 before the Son of Man will return.

To reiterate my point (if its not clear) we know the season but as for the day and time we do not know and will NEVER know until it occurs. I hope that’s clear, Ive had to write this very quickly!

Looking forward to response KumiOri

i found this intresting others might to, in http://www.prophecytalk.com in the dreams and vision forum there is a post titled end time premonitions, by Moneeb0930

this lady kept getting three sets of numbers, that added up to 12.
she spoke about this with friends unsure of the meaning.
then Hati struck, and the footage there was a clock tower, it had stopped at = 12.

we know its the eleveth hour, is the clock soon to strike 12?

or are we heading for a 12 magnitude, may not be a 12? but it will be big and devestating. earth quakes/ volcanos chain reaction.

or both?

from revelations a few events stand out, heat from the sun burning the earth, a massive earth quake, volcano, a comet hiting the sea, war the kings of the East, who slay a third of men. famines, storms ect. the anti christ, the return of Jesus.

as stated how near how far?, not a question of if, but when, its not about preaching fear,
more about watching, being alert, hopefully we can read the signs right.
and the warning will come at the right time, not to soon, and not to late.
and for the right reasons. many found prepared, in the right place at the right time.
spiritualy, Jesus is the Ark of the new covenant, maybe a case to of pratical planing, ie moving location, flee, run , run, make high ground, leave the valleys?

Revelations 6 -12 The sixth seal.
and i looked when he broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earth quake: and the sun became black as sack cloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood: and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fir tree casts its unripe fruit when shaken by a great wind, and the sky was split apart like a scroll, when its rolled up: and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
and the kings of the earth and great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man, hid them selves in the caves and the mountains, and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: for the great day of their wrath has come: and who is able to stand.
Johnny

Back