Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

8 teachings from Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

kjw47

8 teachings that prove who is who

1) Matt 6:33)= Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his ( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
2) Matt 5:5)= Blessed are the meek for they( great crowd) will inherit the earth.
3)John 17:1-6,26)= Jesus teaches--The one who sent him=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD,,verse 6=YHVH(Jehovah) verse 26= ( YHVH)Jehovah
4)Lords prayer-Hallowed be your( Father) name=YHVH(Jehovah)
5) John 20:17--Jesus teaches-the Father is his God just like he is our God.
6)John 4:22-24)= The true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth.
7)John 5:30--sent by his Father--proving he called his Father the ONLY TRUE GOD at John 17:3-and notice,( John 17:3) it means getting eternal life to know the Father as that and one must know Jesus to.
8) John 15:20-21)= Jesus teaches his followers will be hated( persecuted)-Why? Thinking they are standing for Jesus name will do things against the true followers because -they do not know the one who sent him=Father=the ONLY TRUE GOD.

Its not to hard to see who is who once one knows what Jesus actually taught. Few on earth do. probably why Jesus teaches-FEW will find the road that leads off into life.
Who do you listen to?

4)Lords prayer-Hallowed be your( Father) name=YHVH(Jehovah)
9 "In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. (Matt. 6:9-10 NKJ)

2 So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. (Lk. 11:2 NKJ)

In the Kingdom Interlinear Translation they prove the Tetragrammaton appears in the Hebrew OT today and in some Greek copies of it.

But they failed to show one instance of it appearing in a Greek New Testament written by early Christian Jews like Peter, Paul, John, Matthew.

If they wanted the Divine Name appear in the "Lord's prayer" they would have put it there. They didn't because it was the practice of men to speak the Name in a "unhallowed way". They didn't cloth it with the appropriate holy awe that should appear whenever men speak the name on their lips.

Instead of following Jesus' prayer and Hallowing God's name in awe of His Majesty, keeping His Name Holy not using it in common every day speech----Jehovah's Witnesses follow the practice of the evil men of Seth's day who used the name in casual conversation, like it was a common name: "then men began to call on the name of Yahweh" Gen. 4:6.

Using God's name in everyday common speech, not clothing it with the awe and reverence it deserves.

Pagans used names for God in everyday speech: "Zeus, Hera, Athena, Ares, Hermes, Poseidon etc. In that they are just like the JWs today who use the name "Jehovah" everywhere without any sense of holiness or awe attached to it.

Another aspect totally missed by Jehovah's Witnesses, is the "eschatological context" of Jesus' prayer. "Let your kingdom come, your will be done". That happens when God visits the earth with a great destruction and men suddenly fear the name of Yahweh, which has been profaned by everyday common use:

And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. (Ezek. 36:23 KJV)

22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD. (Ezek. 38:22-23 KJV)
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? -(Rev. 6:14-17 KJV)

Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before You, For Your judgments have been manifested." (Rev. 15:4 NKJ)

If God wanted the Tetragrammaton appear in the Greek New Testament, He would have put it there.

Last edited:
9 "In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. (Matt. 6:9-10 NKJ)

2 So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. (Lk. 11:2 NKJ)

In the Kingdom Interlinear Translation they prove the Tetragrammaton appears in the Hebrew OT today and in some Greek copies of it.

But they failed to show one instance of it appearing in a Greek New Testament written by early Christian Jews like Peter, Paul, John, Matthew.

If they wanted the Divine Name appear in the "Lord's prayer" they would have put it there. They didn't because it was the practice of men to speak the Name in a "unhallowed way". They didn't cloth it with the appropriate holy awe that should appear whenever men speak the name on their lips.

Instead of following Jesus' prayer and Hallowing God's name in awe of His Majesty, keeping His Name Holy not using it in common every day speech----Jehovah's Witnesses follow the practice of the evil men of Seth's day who used the name in casual conversation, like it was a common name: "then men began to call on the name of Yahweh" Gen. 4:6.

Using God's name in everyday common speech, not clothing it with the awe and reverence it deserves, keeping it holy which means "separate" from what is common.

The pagans all had their names for God, which they used in everyday speech just like the JWs, "Zeus, Hera, Athena, Ares, Hermes, Poseidon etc., They didn't feel any need to keep it holy. Neither do JWs, they use the name Jehovah everywhere.

Another aspect totally missed by Jehovah's Witnesses, is the "eschatological context" of Jesus' prayer. "Let your kingdom come, your will be done". That happens when God visit the earth with a great destruction and men suddenly fear the name of Yahweh, which has been profaned by everyday common use:

And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. (Ezek. 36:23 KJV)

22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD. (Ezek. 38:22-23 KJV)

If God wanted the Tetragrammaton appear in the Greek New Testament, He would have put it there.
The write ups about Jerome state--He told the Catholic leader in the 300,s prior to his translating the Latin Vulgate that gods name belongs in the NT. I am confident Jerome had originals. All Greek lexicons today were translated from the Latin Vulgate. Catholicism removed Gods name. Jesus was NEVER with Catholicism, guess who was? None of her branches fixed much even though they tried. Its hard to do out of altered and error filled translations-to mislead is exactly what those translations do.
The JW leaders were allowed into the Catholic Archives-either late 60,s or early 70,s. They came out with 100% proof-The 3 witness bearers are the water, spirit and blood. Catholicism put Father, son and holy spirit into their translating to fit false council teaching of God being a trinity. They translated other errors as well. They were never allowed back in for exposing that truth.

The write ups about Jerome state--He told the Catholic leader in the 300,s prior to his translating the Latin Vulgate that gods name belongs in the NT. I am confident Jerome had originals. All Greek lexicons today were translated from the Latin Vulgate. Catholicism removed Gods name. Jesus was NEVER with Catholicism, guess who was? None of her branches fixed much even though they tried. Its hard to do out of altered and error filled translations-to mislead is exactly what those translations do.
The JW leaders were allowed into the Catholic Archives-either late 60,s or early 70,s. They came out with 100% proof-The 3 witness bearers are the water, spirit and blood. Catholicism put Father, son and holy spirit into their translating to fit false council teaching of God being a trinity. They translated other errors as well. They were never allowed back in for exposing that truth.
Jerome isn't God. God didn't put His name in the Greek New Testament written by the apostles and used by the Church since the Days of Christ.

No one questions the appearance of the Divine Name in the OT, and even Aramaic and Greek Copies of it.

It does not exist in ANY Greek copies of the NT.

Christ prayed God's name be hallowed, treated with awe and holiness. JWs do not do this. They use a Catholic latinized translation of the divine Name in common everyday speech, all the time. Its common, not holy when its used that way.

Eventually I will comment on the seven other things you list. But using God's name in a "unhallowed way" directly contradicts Christ's prayer.

Jehovah's Witnesses use God's name like pagans do the names of their gods, because they believe God lives in a spirit body just like the pagan gods.

"While there are physical bodies visible and palpable, there are also spiritual bodies, invisible to human eyes and entirely beyond human senses. (1 Cor. 15:44) The bodies of spiritual persons (God, Christ, the angels) are glorious...The true God is not omnipresent."--Aid To Bible Understanding, p. 247, 665 (Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, 1971)

A finite god like the angels isn't the God of the Bible, He cannot be "imaged" because He is infinite, omnipresent:

15 "Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,
16 "lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,
17 "the likeness of any animal that is on the earth or the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the air,
18 "the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground or the likeness of any fish that is in the water beneath the earth.
19 "And take heed, lest you lift your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, you feel driven to worship them and serve them, which the LORD your God has given to all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage. (Deut. 4:15-19 NKJ)

Last edited:
Jerome isn't God. God didn't put His name in the Greek New Testament written by the apostles and used by the Church since the Days of Christ.

No one questions the appearance of the Divine Name in the OT, and even Aramaic and Greek Copies of it.

It does not exist in ANY Greek copies of the NT.

Christ prayed God's name be hallowed, treated with awe and holiness. JWs do not do this. They use a Catholic latinized translation of the divine Name in common everyday speech, all the time. Its common, not holy when its used that way.

Eventually I will comment on the seven other things you list. But using God's name in a "unhallowed way" directly contradicts Christ's prayer.
I told you why. Catholicism= the great apostasy, by satans will removed Gods name from his bible against Gods will.

Jehovah's Witnesses use God's name like pagans do the names of their gods, because they believe God lives in a spirit body just like the pagan gods.

"While there are physical bodies visible and palpable, there are also spiritual bodies, invisible to human eyes and entirely beyond human senses. (1 Cor. 15:44) The bodies of spiritual persons (God, Christ, the angels) are glorious...The true God is not omnipresent."--Aid To Bible Understanding, p. 247, 665 (Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, 1971)

A finite god like the angels isn't the God of the Bible, He cannot be "imaged" because He is infinite, omnipresent:

15 "Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,
16 "lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,
17 "the likeness of any animal that is on the earth or the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the air,
18 "the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground or the likeness of any fish that is in the water beneath the earth.
19 "And take heed, lest you lift your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, you feel driven to worship them and serve them, which the LORD your God has given to all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage. (Deut. 4:15-19 NKJ)
God is a living being. Called he over and over in his written word--Notice-HE, not we.

I told you why. Catholicism= the great apostasy, by satans will removed Gods name from his bible against Gods will.
Unhistorical. No church denomination controlled every Greek Text of the NT throughout the world. No Greek copy of the NT or remnant thereof has the Tetragrammaton because it wasn't used in the NT.

• Raymundus Martini: Raymundus Martini, a Spanish Dominican monk, is often credited with the first use of the Latinized form "Jehova" in his work "Pugeo Fidei" (Dagger of Faith) around 1270. Martini's work was an apologetic treatise aimed at converting Jews to Christianity, and it included an attempt to present the name of God in a way that combined Hebrew and Latin traditions.

All the first Christians were Jews, and they followed the Jewish custom of hallowing God's name and not speaking it without great awe, in holy reverence. Not like the JWs today which plasters it everywhere like a common name.

Like the pagans did the name of Zeus, or Hermes and all their other names for their gods.

Last edited:
2) Matt 5:5)= Blessed are the meek for they( great crowd) will inherit the earth.
But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. (Ps. 37:11 NKJ)

But with righteousness He shall judge the poor, And decide with equity for the meek of the earth; He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked. (Isa. 11:4 NKJ)

As the Governing body of JWs claim to they belong to a special class of Christians, aren't members of the "great crowd" who inherit the earth living with God in New Jerusalem, it follows they "are outside" of the city:

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
4 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away....

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. (Rev. 21:2-4; 22:14-15 NKJ)

Last edited:
5) John 20:17--Jesus teaches-the Father is his God just like he is our God.
Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them,`I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'" (Jn. 20:17 NKJ)

Leave it to those who end up "outside" the city of God, to miss entirely what is happening here. For 3+years Jesus proved He has a special relationship with the Father unlike any seen in history, and Mary is clinging to Jesus "for life".

She fears everything is slipping away when in fact her life with Christ and God His Father is just beginning:

Jesus is reassuring her, "stop clinging to the past, you are now in the same relationship I have. I am ascending to "My Father and your Father...My God and your God", He loves you as He loves Me, He is your God as He is My God, My Father as He is your Father."

The Watchtower turned something beautiful, into something dark and untrue. They ignore the context completely. Mary is in despair she is losing Jesus, on the contrary Jesus has created a new relationship for her and God, and will soon ascend to make it "official".

Last edited:
Unhistorical. No church denomination controlled every Greek Text of the NT throughout the world. No Greek copy of the NT or remnant thereof has the Tetragrammaton because it wasn't used in the NT.

• Raymundus Martini: Raymundus Martini, a Spanish Dominican monk, is often credited with the first use of the Latinized form "Jehova" in his work "Pugeo Fidei" (Dagger of Faith) around 1270. Martini's work was an apologetic treatise aimed at converting Jews to Christianity, and it included an attempt to present the name of God in a way that combined Hebrew and Latin traditions.

All the first Christians were Jews, and they followed the Jewish custom of hallowing God's name and not speaking it without great awe, in holy reverence. Not like the JWs today which plasters it everywhere like a common name.

Like the pagans did the name of Zeus, or Hermes and all their other names for their gods.
The righteous run to the name Jehovah and share it just as Jesus did. Only the wicked fear taking Gods name in vain.
I dont care what a monk says. God has always made his name known and Jesus promised to keep on making it known-Why? Because God wants his name known and used and glorified. His real servants do just that.
Heb 13:15= Through him let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is the fruit of lips which make a public decleration to his name.

But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. (Ps. 37:11 NKJ)

But with righteousness He shall judge the poor, And decide with equity for the meek of the earth; He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked. (Isa. 11:4 NKJ)

As the Governing body of JWs claim to they belong to a special class of Christians, aren't members of the "great crowd" who inherit the earth living with God in New Jerusalem, it follows they "are outside" of the city:

2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
4 "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away....

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. (Rev. 21:2-4; 22:14-15 NKJ)
Yes apart of the little flock( Luke 12:32)--The bible says-the holy spirit will ( Rom 8:16) bear witness to those spirits so they will know 100% they are apart of that little flock. The little flock=Luke 22:29-30) the only ones who partake of the emblems of the Lords evening meal= the anointed bride of Christ= 144,000-These will sit on thrones in heaven by Jesus side as kings and priests(Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)

Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them,`I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'" (Jn. 20:17 NKJ)

Leave it to those who end up "outside" the city of God, to miss entirely what is happening here. For 3+years Jesus proved He has a special relationship with the Father unlike any seen in history, and Mary is clinging to Jesus "for life".

She fears everything is slipping away when in fact her life with Christ and God His Father is just beginning:

Jesus is reassuring her, "stop clinging to the past, you are now in the same relationship I have. I am ascending to "My Father and your Father...My God and your God", He loves you as He loves Me, He is your God as He is My God, My Father as He is your Father."

The Watchtower turned something beautiful, into something dark and untrue. They ignore the context completely. Mary is in despair she is losing Jesus, on the contrary Jesus has created a new relationship for her and God, and will soon ascend to make it "official".
Wow will you find out different. 100% fact= God does not have a God.

Wow will you find out different. 100% fact= God does not have a God.
Incorrect. When speaking as the "Son of Man", Yahweh God is His God. When speaking as God the Son the Father is His God because He willingly subordinates Himself to the "Monarch" of the Holy Trinity. When speaking as the Only Begotten Son, God is eternally His Father via eternal Generation. The Father acknowledges the Son is God, and the Son acknowledges the Father is God:

8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." (Heb. 1:8-9 NKJ)

Hope that helps. Scripture teaches these things and therefore I believe them.

Last edited:
Yes apart of the little flock( Luke 12:32)--The bible says-the holy spirit will ( Rom 8:16) bear witness to those spirits so they will know 100% they are apart of that little flock. The little flock=Luke 22:29-30) the only ones who partake of the emblems of the Lords evening meal= the anointed bride of Christ= 144,000-These will sit on thrones in heaven by Jesus side as kings and priests(Rev 1:6, Rev 20:6)
By not partaking of the Lord's Body and Blood you are dead in your sins:

47 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
48 "I am the bread of life.
49 "Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 "This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."
52 The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?"
53 Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
54 "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 "For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
56 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
57 "As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.
58 "This is the bread which came down from heaven-- not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever."
59 These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.
60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, "This is a hard saying; who can understand it?"
61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, "Does this offend you?
62 "What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
64 "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?"
68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
69 "Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (Jn. 6:47-69 NKJ)

The righteous run to the name Jehovah and share it just as Jesus did. Only the wicked fear taking Gods name in vain.
I dont care what a monk says. God has always made his name known and Jesus promised to keep on making it known-Why? Because God wants his name known and used and glorified. His real servants do just that.
Heb 13:15= Through him let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is the fruit of lips which make a public decleration to his name.
You do care what a monk says, you use his invention, his translation of God's Name as "Jehovah". Given how often you speak the name "Jehovah" it could be said you follow a Catholic Spanish Monk more than you do the Watchtower.

I don't recall the Watchtower inventing names that JWs use often, every day.

Logically, that presents a problem for you as you claim Catholics are part of Babylon the Great Harlot, yet claim to be free of Babylon. You use their invented name for God everywhere, rivalling how often the pagan Romans and Greeks plastered the names of their gods everywhere and in everyday speech.

Last edited:
Incorrect. When speaking as the "Son of Man", Yahweh God is His God. When speaking as God the Son the Father is His God because He willingly subordinates Himself to the "Monarch" of the Holy Trinity. When speaking as the Only Begotten Son, God is eternally His Father via eternal Generation. The Father acknowledges the Son is God, and the Son acknowledges the Father is God:

8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions." (Heb. 1:8-9 NKJ)

Hope that helps. Scripture teaches these things and therefore I believe them.
Yes verse 9 shows Jesus has a God--God does not have a God 1+1=2--thus Jesus is not God.

By not partaking of the Lord's Body and Blood you are dead in your sins:

47 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
48 "I am the bread of life.
49 "Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50 "This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die.
51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world."
52 The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?"
53 Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
54 "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 "For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed.
56 "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
57 "As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.
58 "This is the bread which came down from heaven-- not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever."
59 These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.
60 Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, "This is a hard saying; who can understand it?"
61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, "Does this offend you?
62 "What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
64 "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.
67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?"
68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
69 "Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (Jn. 6:47-69 NKJ)
Luke 22:29-30= a covenant made to those who will sit on thrones.

You do care what a monk says, you use his invention, his translation of God's Name as "Jehovah". Given how often you speak the name "Jehovah" it could be said you follow a Catholic Spanish Monk more than you do the Watchtower.

I don't recall the Watchtower inventing names that JWs use often, every day.

Logically, that presents a problem for you as you claim Catholics are part of Babylon the Great Harlot, yet claim to be free of Babylon.
Just because he said he made that name up does not make it truth. God used wicked kings in the OT to destroy the Israelites when they apostatized or served false gods. God makes 100% his will is complete. No matter the source.

Just because he said he made that name up does not make it truth. God used wicked kings in the OT to destroy the Israelites when they apostatized or served false gods. God makes 100% his will is complete. No matter the source.
Its the truth. "Jehovah" is his invention, it didn't exist before he invented it. So you follow a Catholic Monk's teaching when addressing God, yet claim he is evil.

Logically, that is inconsistent., aka a "self-contradiction". It causes you to claim a wicked man is being used by God to invent the Name "Jehovah".

That reminds me of the saying: "Open mouth, insert foot".

That is offensive to those who do consider "Jehovah" a valid and respectful name for God. The American Standard Version is among accepted Bibles that use that name, 6773 times. Even the KJV uses it 4 times. Its found 6770 times in Young's Literal Translation.

Nothing wrong with the name "Jehovah" and the man who invented it wasn't evil.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back