Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

8 teachings from Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Luke 22:29-30= a covenant made to those who will sit on thrones.
Jesus wasn't talking to the Watchtower Society or its self-appointed "anointed class". They didn't exist then. Only in these "last days" did they come into existence.

In context Jesus is speaking to His disciples seated with Him at the table:

27 "For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? Is it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves.
28 "But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.
29 "And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me,
30 "that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Lk. 22:27-30 NKJ)

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB
8 teachings that prove who is who

1) Matt 6:33)= Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his ( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
2) Matt 5:5)= Blessed are the meek for they( great crowd) will inherit the earth.
3)John 17:1-6,26)= Jesus teaches--The one who sent him=Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD,,verse 6=YHVH(Jehovah) verse 26= ( YHVH)Jehovah
4)Lords prayer-Hallowed be your( Father) name=YHVH(Jehovah)
5) John 20:17--Jesus teaches-the Father is his God just like he is our God.
6)John 4:22-24)= The true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth.
7)John 5:30--sent by his Father--proving he called his Father the ONLY TRUE GOD at John 17:3-and notice,( John 17:3) it means getting eternal life to know the Father as that and one must know Jesus to.
8) John 15:20-21)= Jesus teaches his followers will be hated( persecuted)-Why? Thinking they are standing for Jesus name will do things against the true followers because -they do not know the one who sent him=Father=the ONLY TRUE GOD.

Its not to hard to see who is who once one knows what Jesus actually taught. Few on earth do. probably why Jesus teaches-FEW will find the road that leads off into life.
Who do you listen to?

What translation are you using?

Jesus never taught us to worship Jehovah or pray to Jehovah.

In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen
. Matthew 6:9-13

Jesus never taught anything about Jehovah.

The first time the word Jehovah was used was in the 13th century.

Moses would have never used that name. Jesus would have never used that name.

13th century
The term “Jehovah” first appeared in the 13th century when Christian scholars took the consonants of “Yahweh” and pronounced it with the vowels of “Adonai”12. The first recorded use of this spelling was made by a Spanish Dominican monk, Raymundus Martini, in 1270

Its the truth. "Jehovah" is his invention, it didn't exist before he invented it. So you follow a Catholic Monk's teaching when addressing God, yet claim he is evil.

Logically, that is inconsistent., aka a "self-contradiction". It causes you to claim a wicked man is being used by God to invent the Name "Jehovah".

That reminds me of the saying: "Open mouth, insert foot".

That is offensive to those who do consider "Jehovah" a valid and respectful name for God. The American Standard Version is among accepted Bibles that use that name, 6773 times. Even the KJV uses it 4 times. Its found 6770 times in Young's Literal Translation.

Nothing wrong with the name "Jehovah" and the man who invented it wasn't evil.
Jehovah will show the world its his name.

Jesus wasn't talking to the Watchtower Society or its self-appointed "anointed class". They didn't exist then. Only in these "last days" did they come into existence.

In context Jesus is speaking to His disciples seated with Him at the table:

27 "For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? Is it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One who serves.
28 "But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.
29 "And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me,
30 "that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Lk. 22:27-30 NKJ)
You seem to not realize, only the JW,s teach the fact of Luke 22:29-30--The blind guides missed it and tell all to partake.

What translation are you using?

Jesus never taught us to worship Jehovah or pray to Jehovah.

In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. Matthew 6:9-13

Jesus never taught anything about Jehovah.

The first time the word Jehovah was used was in the 13th century.

Moses would have never used that name. Jesus would have never used that name.

13th century
The term “Jehovah” first appeared in the 13th century when Christian scholars took the consonants of “Yahweh” and pronounced it with the vowels of “Adonai”12. The first recorded use of this spelling was made by a Spanish Dominican monk, Raymundus Martini, in 1270
Jehovah is the Father. Jehovah is the only true God. So your post is error.
Jesus taught his Fathers name, and promised to keep on making it known( John 17:6,26) thus every true follower does the same.

Jehovah is the Father. Jehovah is the only true God. So your post is error.
Jesus taught his Fathers name, and promised to keep on making it known( John 17:6,26) thus every true follower does the same.

That's your opinion based on a person who decided to add some vowels to the FOUR Letters YHWH, and the teachings of an organization that started in 1872.

Jehovah may be your father but he is not mine.

You seem to not realize, only the JW,s teach the fact of Luke 22:29-30--The blind guides missed it and tell all to partake.
53 Then Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
54 "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. (Jn. 6:53-54 NKJ)

The Watchtower contradicts Jesus. He says "whoever eats....has eternal life", not just a select few.

The Watchtower contradicts Jesus. He says "unless you eat...you have no life in you." That applies to you and everyone else, not just a select few.

"Only our group teaches that eating 5 toads a day gives you 500 dollars, so it must be true!"

That's not a great argument, to be honest.

That's your opinion based on a person who decided to add some vowels to the FOUR Letters YHWH, and the teachings of an organization that started in 1872.

Jehovah may be your father but he is not mine.
Yes Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through him= See the Father is the destination. Trinitarians stop at Jesus. The ones who Jesus sends to his Father accomplish Matt 6:33, and John 4:22-24= 24/7, 365-- the mislead do not.

Only to one in darkness.
Critical thinking is not darkness, its being logically sound. The Watchtower excels in the use of illogic, apples to oranges comparisons for their non-sequiturs.

For example, their argument against the Holy Trinity:

The word "Trinity" is not found in the bible. Some Pagans believe in a "Trinity". The doctrine of one God in a "Trinity" is confusing. As "God is not the author of confusion" (1 Cor. 14:33) the doctrine of the Trinity is not from God.

To Jehovah's Witnesses that logic is impeccable, irrefutable. However, the conclusion is unsound as logical fallacies were used in the syllogism.

Of course JWs don't know this, they aren't critical thinkers.

Therefore, I will illustrate how unsound the argument against the Holy Trinity is, by a simple substitution of the word "Theocracy" which doctrine JWs love and proclaim everywhere:

The word "Theocracy" is not found in the bible. Some Pagans believe in a "Theocracy". The doctrine of a "Theocracy" is confusing as Pagan Theocracies are all different. As "God is not the author of confusion" (1 Cor. 14:33) the doctrine of a "Theocracy" not from God.

I recall repeating this "argument" to a JW at my door, and he suddenly was out of breath, and pale as though he was struck mortally. I couldn't console him, the logic to him was impeccable, the conclusion incontrovertible. How long he was in that state I'll never know. Never saw him again and it was over forty years ago.

"

Last edited:
Yes Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through him= See the Father is the destination. Trinitarians stop at Jesus. The ones who Jesus sends to his Father accomplish Matt 6:33, and John 4:22-24= 24/7, 365-- the mislead do not.

Yes Jesus is the way. Amen.

However, I'm not a Trinitarian.

Here is what the Father says about the Son -

But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And:
“You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands
Hebrews 1:8-10

So we see that the Father says about the Son -

“You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Do you believe that?

JLB

Critical thinking is not darkness, its being logically sound. The Watchtower excels in the use of illogic, apples to oranges comparisons for their non-sequiturs.

For example, their argument against the Holy Trinity:

The word "Trinity" is not found in the bible. Some Pagans believe in a "Trinity". The doctrine of one God in a "Trinity" is confusing. As "God is not the author of confusion" (1 Cor. 14:33) the doctrine of the Trinity is not from God.

To Jehovah's Witnesses that logic is impeccable, irrefutable. However, the conclusion is unsound as logical fallacies were used in the syllogism.

Of course JWs don't know this, they aren't critical thinkers.

Therefore, I will illustrate how unsound the argument against the Holy Trinity is, by a simple substitution of the word "Theocracy" which doctrine JWs love and proclaim everywhere:

The word "Theocracy" is not found in the bible. Some Pagans believe in a "Theocracy". The doctrine of a "Theocracy" is confusing as Pagan Theocracies are all different. As "God is not the author of confusion" (1 Cor. 14:33) the doctrine of a "Theocracy" not from God.

I recall repeating this "argument" to a JW at my door, and he suddenly was out of breath, and pale as though he was struck mortally. I couldn't console him, the logic to him was impeccable, the conclusion incontrovertible. How long he was in that state I'll never know. Never saw him again and it was over forty years ago.

"
You have it backwards. The JW,s have it correct.
The Israelite religion was a theocracy in the OT.
Facts prove 100% no trinity exists.

Yes Jesus is the way. Amen.

However, I'm not a Trinitarian.

And:
“You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,

So we see that the Father says about the Son -

“You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Do you believe that?

JLB
Yes psalm 45:7--Jesus has a God-companions = angels.

Gen 1:27=He ( not we) created
Prov 8:27-28-HE( not we) created)
Isaiah 40:26- HE ( not we) created

Yes psalm 45:7--Jesus has a God-companions = angels.

Gen 1:27=He ( not we) created
Prov 8:27-28-HE( not we) created)
Isaiah 40:26- HE ( not we) created

If you want me to discuss the scriptures with you then post actual scriptures, and make your point from the actual words of scripture.

All you are doing is stating your opinion, and tagging your opinion with a scripture reference, without posting the actual scripture.

And:
You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,

So we see that the Father says about the Son - The Father calls the Son God as well as LORD (YHWH).

You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Jesus created the heavens and the earth.

You have it backwards. The JW,s have it correct.
The Israelite religion was a theocracy in the OT.
Facts prove 100% no trinity exists.
You heard its wrong to compare "apples and oranges", but likely you don't know what that means.

Suppose we wanted to compare "taste", then the different properties of apples and oranges is "pertinent" and it cannot be proposed both taste the same.

However, apples and oranges can be compared if the question is: "Do both grow on trees"?

Pagans may have a trinity, a three headed god. That isn't what Christians believe about our One God in which subsists three divine Persons equally, just as three exist in the One Name of God equally:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Matt. 28:19 NKJ)

Just like the word "theocracy", what pagans believe is irrelevant to the Christian doctrines of a "theocracy or Trinity". And in context "God is not the author of confusion in church" which is irrelevant to whether one is confused about a theocracy or trinity:

31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.
32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
(1 Cor. 14:31-33 NKJ)

It is written about those who refuse to learn to think critically, soundly:

There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. (Prov. 16:25 NKJ)

That is what the Watchtower excels in, unsound arguments that make their point seem right, but its the way of death.

If you want me to discuss the scriptures with you then post actual scriptures, and make your point from the actual words of scripture.

All you are doing is stating your opinion, and tagging your opinion with a scripture reference, without posting the actual scripture.

And:
You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,

So we see that the Father says about the Son - The Father calls the Son God as well as LORD (YHWH).

You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Jesus created the heavens and the earth.
Col 1:16--Created-THROUGH and for)= another did the creating=His God and Father. He is Gods master worker of Prov 8:30= The one beside God during the creation process.
Isaiah 45:11-12---(11-This is what Jehovah has said--12- I myself have made the earth and have created man upon it= Myself=singular, Gen 1:27-HE created= singular. Gods master worker = Jesus. Only Jehovah has the power and wisdom to create anything. He did it through Jesus and for Jesus.
Col 1:15)Jesus is the firstborn of all creation= created direct, first and last, all other things created through him.

Trinity translations are filled with errors and are altered( removal of Gods name against his will)= to mislead by satans will.

You heard its wrong to compare "apples and oranges", but likely you don't know what that means.

Suppose we wanted to compare "taste", then the different properties of apples and oranges is "pertinent" and it cannot be proposed both taste the same.

However, apples and oranges can be compared if the question is: "Do both grow on trees"?

Pagans may have a trinity, a three headed god. That isn't what Christians believe about our One God in which subsists three divine Persons equally, just as three exist in the One Name of God equally:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Matt. 28:19 NKJ)

Just like the word "theocracy", what pagans believe is irrelevant to the Christian doctrines of a "theocracy or Trinity". And in context "God is not the author of confusion in church" which is irrelevant to whether one is confused about a theocracy or trinity:

31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.
32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
(1 Cor. 14:31-33 NKJ)

It is written about those who refuse to learn to think critically, soundly:

There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. (Prov. 16:25 NKJ)

That is what the Watchtower excels in, unsound arguments that make their point seem right, but its the way of death.
It is 100% undeniable fact- recorded history that cannot be denied--In 381 ce at the council of Constantinople Catholicism added the holy spirit to a godhead for the very first time. No trinity was ever served by a true follower prior to that event, nor after. The mislead served it.
The Greeks and Romans refused to go to a religion that had a single God, they had many gods, thus King Constantine who resided over that council created God into a trinity.= these are FACTS.
Proof= In the 2nd century( recorded history facts) A man named Tertullian was considering that God could possibly be a trinity. That means the Abrahamic God= a single being God= YHVH(Jehovah) was still being served by all followers.
God did not change, Constantine changed him.

It is 100% undeniable fact- recorded history that cannot be denied--In 381 ce at the council of Constantinople Catholicism added the holy spirit to a godhead for the very first time. No trinity was ever served by a true follower prior to that event, nor after. The mislead served it.
The Greeks and Romans refused to go to a religion that had a single God, they had many gods, thus King Constantine who resided over that council created God into a trinity.= these are FACTS.
Proof= In the 2nd century( recorded history facts) A man named Tertullian was considering that God could possibly be a trinity. That means the Abrahamic God= a single being God= YHVH(Jehovah) was still being served by all followers.
God did not change, Constantine changed him.
That entire statement is untrue. Not a whit of historical evidence to support it.

Watchtower propaganda contradicts the Bible. I have proven that repeatedly, with clarity and charity.

There is a limit to the time I can spend on one person. I exceeded the Biblical limit long ago, but I did so for the sake of others who may have found our discussions profitable.

But in the final analysis, I will always obey Scripture, it alone is 100% God's Word and His truth on the earth:

But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us. (2 Thess. 3:6 NKJ)

Rejecting the Scripture, which God wrote to instruct us in everything we need to know to be saved in Jesus, is unwise.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)

The principle of "Scripture only" (sola scriptura) requires I reject any human authority such as the Watchtower, that contradicts the Word of God:

"For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns-- broken cisterns that can hold no water. (Jer. 2:13 NKJ)

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back