Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A Few Important Questions I have

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have a few questions, roughly 2 1/2 billion people in the world, who all profess to be Christian. roughly a third of our planets current population. But Jesus the Master over the Christian faith. and the one who would obviously know the truth of things, being that Hes the Son of the Most High God over the Heavens. Said only a few were actually finding eternity. (He didn't say there wasnt hope for the world. But in this Satanic System, few are getting past the deception and securing their eternity.)

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Matthew 7:13-14

So do you think you are one of the people who has actually found life? Well your spirit will testify to you, if you have.

But do you truly understand the Christian faith?

If you do, can you answer some very basic questions for me? for starters...

What exactly is a sin? I mean, it seems like a pretty important thing to understand. Since Jesus said go and sin no more. It might be important to understand what it actually is, a sin is. Can anyone define what a sin actually is. (Saying a sin is something bad, or something God doesn't like, or any other ambiguous answer. Is basically a none answer)

Can any of you, tell me any of the things Jesus commanded?

"However, the 11 disciples went to Galʹi·lee to the mountain where Jesus had arranged for them to meet. When they saw him, they did obeisance, but some doubted. Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."
Matthew 28:16-20

I mean Jesus is the King right, and what a King commands, becomes the law. Jesus didn't issue suggestions. He didn't go around and say, I suggest you do this and I suggest you do that. He's the Great King, and he issued Commandments. And instructed all his followers to observe all the things he commanded. Can any of you tell me all the things He command He issued. I mean the word disciple, (means one who subjects themselves to the discipline) Becoming a disciple of Christ, is subjecting yourself to his authority and what He instructs and Commands. So do you know any of the things he commanded all his followers to obey and observe.

Ive found, not one church, that has anything Jesus commanded, posted anywhere.

If a person is a Christian, these question seem like 101? entry level.

What exactly is a sin?
According to most of these Churches all Sin is instantly forgiven; if you ask for it and drop a few pennies into the collection plate. I've had one person in the forums point out to me "the Bible says" the only Sin that will not be forgiven is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit; although I cannot recall the quote to the NKJV Bible for that.

But to really understand Sin; you must understand who and what we truly are, and why we are walking this earth as mortal men. To disobey Father (God) is the ultimate Sin; which brought us all here. And then there is what is known as the 7 deadly Sins; lust, greed, gluttony, pride, envy, wrath and sloth. While those were presented by the Roman Catholic's; I might say whatever Roman was "inspired" to write that was indeed "guided by the Holy Spirit".

Said only a few were actually finding eternity.
That is a very sad thing; but it is something that simply must be. A whole lot of Christians will follow the False Prophet as he thumps that "Holy Bible"; and they will all suffer his fate.

I have a few questions, roughly 2 1/2 billion people in the world, who all profess to be Christian. roughly a third of our planets current population.

Well, if you think all those who profess to be Christians actually are, you may be interested in beachfront property in a swamp in Florida I could sell you.

But Jesus the Master over the Christian faith. and the one who would obviously know the truth of things, being that Hes the Son of the Most High God over the Heavens. Said only a few were actually finding eternity. (He didn't say there wasnt hope for the world. But in this Satanic System, few are getting past the deception and securing their eternity.)

He didn't say few would find eternity, but that few would find the hard and narrow way that leads to life. (Matthew 7:14) What is the life of which Jesus spoke? Read John 1:1-4, John 14:6, and 1 John 5:11-13. Few find him because they prefer to worship and serve themselves. This is what keeps folks from the "narrow way," not Satanic deception. The devil merely provides plenty of opportunity and encouragement to people to be Self-worshipers, which they would be anyway, without his assistance.

So do you think you are one of the people who has actually found life? Well your spirit will testify to you, if you have.

Absolutely. It isn't my spirit, though, that testifies to me that I'm a born-again child of God, but the Holy Spirit who does so through the various things he does in me and through me. Read Romans 8:16, John 14:26; John 16:8-14; 1 Corinthians 2:10-16; Ephesians 3:16; Philippians 2:13; 2 Corinthians 3:18; 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, etc.

What exactly is a sin?

Romans 3:19-20
19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;
20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin

Romans 7:7-8
7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.

Romans 14:22-23
22 The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

James 1:14-15
14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.
15 Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.

James 4:17
17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.

1 John 5:17
17 All unrighteousness is sin...

And so on.

Can you?

I mean Jesus is the King right, and what a King commands, becomes the law. Jesus didn't issue suggestions. He didn't go around and say, I suggest you do this and I suggest you do that. He's the Great King, and he issued Commandments.

John 6:38
38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

And instructed all his followers to observe all the things he commanded. Can any of you tell me all the things He command He issued.

Just pick up your Bible and start reading.

So do you know any of the things he commanded all his followers to obey and observe.

That's because people have Bibles in which they can find his commands.

I've been discipling men for thirty years and so I wonder, just from what you've written in your OP, how much YOU actually understand of basic Christianity.

Epistle John chapter 3 . Habitual sinners are reprobates. They won't repent and dont care about God. They choose to follow satan of thier own free will.

Christian sinners repent. And try not to sin. Were in flesh. We fall short at times and must repent. This group follows Jesus.

False brethren are narcissist. The truth hurts thier ears. They're following satan. False brethren are false witnesses.

Romans chapter 6 . Your either servant of righteousness or servant of sin.

You can't serve two masters.

Philippians chapter 1:28.
And in nothing terrified ny your adversaries which is to them an evident token of Perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

Reprobates go with satan into lake of fire. They won't repent. They reject Jesus. They chose satan.
Easy to understand.

Those who repent, and love and serve God have eternal life.

I have a few questions, roughly 2 1/2 billion people in the world, who all profess to be Christian. roughly a third of our planets current population. But Jesus the Master over the Christian faith. and the one who would obviously know the truth of things, being that Hes the Son of the Most High God over the Heavens. Said only a few were actually finding eternity. (He didn't say there wasnt hope for the world. But in this Satanic System, few are getting past the deception and securing their eternity.)

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

What exactly is a sin? I mean, it seems like a pretty important thing to understand. Since Jesus said go and sin no more. It might be important to understand what it actually is, a sin is. Can anyone define what a sin actually is. (Saying a sin is something bad, or something God doesn't like, or any other ambiguous answer. Is basically a none answer)

"However, the 11 disciples went to Galʹi·lee to the mountain where Jesus had arranged for them to meet. When they saw him, they did obeisance, but some doubted. Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."

I mean Jesus is the King right, and what a King commands, becomes the law. Jesus didn't issue suggestions. He didn't go around and say, I suggest you do this and I suggest you do that. He's the Great King, and he issued Commandments. And instructed all his followers to observe all the things he commanded. Can any of you tell me all the things He command He issued. I mean the word disciple, (means one who subjects themselves to the discipline) Becoming a disciple of Christ, is subjecting yourself to his authority and what He instructs and Commands. So do you know any of the things he commanded all his followers to obey and observe.

Hey All,
You have a lot of questions wesleylyon85. To answer them all would be the equivalent of writing a book. Who has time for that?

But I tell you what. You pick out what you consider the most important question and I will try to answer it.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

If you do, can you answer some very basic questions for me?
Yes, yes and yes
What exactly is a sin?
Anything that harms yourself or others. It is not in the highest good. Remember, we are training how to live in heaven with God and others peacefully, caring, lovingly and for eternity.
I'll give you ONE biggie: John 3:7 "You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'" - Jesus

Hi wesleylyon85

I agree with your understanding, but I also consider that 'few' is a relative term. If, by the time this realm of God's creating comes to an end, the earth has born over 100 billion people, which are what most estimates are at this point, then 'few' could be a billion or so. Maybe even 10 billion might qualify as 'few' in the eyes of Jesus. If I'm correct about the eternal life, that we will be living in the new Jerusalem, the size given for its perimeter is several square miles of land. I've read estimates that say 1,400 miles square. There's a lot of people that can fit comfortably in that space. That's literally half the size of the U.S.

Sin is anything that we do that is not in keeping with God's desires for us. Mostly it's about the law, but Jesus made it pretty simple. If we do everything with an attitude of love for God and others, then we will be keeping the law. Because when you get down to it and study the issues brought up in the law, I think it's pretty clear that God is asking us not to do things that hurt other people. Lying, stealing, cheating, fornications of all kind, and just generally not acknowledging God in our lives are all sin in God's sight. When we get angry without just cause, and 'just cause' is a pretty narrow place as I understand God's will for us, we sin.

And really!?!?! You go around looking for fellowships that have iconography on the walls with Jesus' commands on it? Really!? I just want to make sure that what is taught from the pulpit is in keeping with Jesus' commands for us. If I need to read them, I've got a copy of the Scriptures with which I can do that. I actually have several copies. Do you think that there's some correlation with posting commandments on a wall and faithfulness to Jesus? Although I think most fellowships likely have the commandment found in John 3:16 somewhere on a wall or desk.

I mean, I have nothing against posting some of the words of Jesus on the walls of our fellowship buildings, but I don't think that's what makes people 'follow' them. And it certainly isn't something I'd put down on my list of things I'd want in a fellowship that I was considering worshipping with. Do they teach the truth? If they teach the truth, then I'm all in.

Just curious.

God bless,
Ted

Hi, I shall leave some theological and grammatical points under the radar.

Defining who is a Christian is disputed within the Christian denominations (perhaps what you mean by ‘church’), and IMO an estimation of 1/3 is seriously too high, though 1/3 might profess church and even be Churchians (as am I).

Sin, like the concept salvation, has a wide range of meaning within Scripture. It’s not a one-size-fits-all. For instance, humans can sin against each other, and also against God (eg Mt.6:12).

Re the former, if Jhn.8:11 is authentic (here I prefer the NTW 1984 to the NWT 2013) the woman was told not to sin adulterously again (the context allows), not told never to sin humanly again (no context allows). One hopes that such a woman would live happily and faithfully ever after with her husband, forgiven by him too.

Re the latter, it can be the non-Christian sin of standoffishness from God’s kingdom (at whatever level of kingdom). Even to have lived under Sinai did not mean that one’s heart was for Yahweh (contrast Ahab to David), and some Gentiles might well have been more pro-God than many Yahwists (contrast Naaman to Ahab).

Conversion is when such sinners surrender and accept God’s invite to enter his family (salvation from evangelical sin): Goats become Sheep, so to speak. Within Christ's household, Christians can rebel against God (pastoral sin), and often remain within though some do apostatise: Sheep can be Bad Sheep; some wander from the fold. Such sin weakens their fellowship level and can offer hell on earth, but not hell beyond earth.

As to Christ’s commands, they were issued under his father (the king over the king of human kings), and any unique Christian content was relative to the new covenant of which messiah is mediator. Some former laws were always global so always current (eg Gen.9:6), yet some were Sinai-specific (eg physical circumcision) which, though essential at the time as tokens of covenant loyalty, could double as prophecy: eg physical circumcision predicted spiritual circumcision, ie conversion-separation to messiah, himself spiritual Israel. Likewise IMO, kosher laws, sabbath laws, etc.

“All he commanded”? It is good to begin at the very beginning, a very good place to start, to quote an old movie. Through evangelism, he commands all non-Christians to repent, that is, to surrender to him and to welcome him as God’s one-of-a-kind son (Ac.17:30; Jhn.1:12). Then, with God as our father and Jesus as our brother, and the spirit as our helper, we, being in the Vine, can see that his household commands begin with love, loving deity and being loved by deity (Jhn.15:9), loving fellow Christians (v12), loving our individual selves (Mt.22:29). Indeed, loving fellow believers is good for us, even as Ethnic Israel was a community under covenant, growing together in the knowledge of Yahweh. Others can help us stay on track and flourish. Christians BTW are friends of messiah, though he is not our friend.

Christian living (under discipleship as children) is not mere listing of written commands of commission or omission, and getting on with them, but is in love keeping in step with the spirit (Gal.5:25), for he is our messianic guide (αλλον παρακλητον). Christian living is an organic thing that minds what has been written: spirit and Scripture walk in fellowship.

Sin is walking in disobedience to God's commands when we are drawn away of our own lust, and enticed.

Sin is spelled out in these below scriptures.

Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

roughly 2 1/2 billion people in the world, who all profess to be Christian. roughly a third of our planets current population
You've asked a question about Christians and how they live.
I have a question for you.
How do you obey Jesus's command to share in the joys and sorrows of your brothers and sisters in Christ.
Many of those ' Christians' live in hostile countries facing opposition and persecution.

You've asked a question about Christians and how they live.
I have a question for you.
How do you obey Jesus's command to share in the joys and sorrows of your brothers and sisters in Christ.
Many of those ' Christians' live in hostile countries facing opposition and persecution.
wesleylyon85, I think the above is a good question. If you choose to answer, please note that I don't think it should be done in the spirit of boasting but rather in the spirit of sharing how you do it so others may be able to learn from your witness.

Back