Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A forum on Christian music would be nice

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Rom. 1:16 NKJ)

Last edited:

26 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear.
27 But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid."
28 And Peter answered Him and said, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water."
29 So He said, "Come." And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.
30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!"
31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, "Truly You are the Son of God." (Matt. 14:26-33 NKJ)

Last edited:
Something to think about. From about 30:30 on, although the whole video is relevant:

Afternoon, Free. I listened to the first 10 minutes of your first one, and then 30:30 on.

I think my reply here would be that oftentimes worship leaders are less motivated by their church's doctrines and more simply by a spirit of worship. I've attended services in full on Faith & Prosperity churches and was still able to worship with them because despite my doctrinal differences with them we were still worshiping the same God. I noticed he had some people walking out on him in that message as well, and that may be why. There is a sectarian spirit that can sometimes come with that message that says (or lends itself to the notion) that Bethel Christians are not actually Christians and not actually saved.

I find it tough believing that. Anyway, I don't think we should turn a nice worship thread into a debate thread, so I will leave it at that. But despite doctrinal issues, we need to guard against throwing the baby out with the bathwater here, cuz that would be a mistake IMO.

Blessings in Christ.
= H

One of my favorite Hispanic worship songs is actually from Bethel, btw.

Afternoon, Free. I listened to the first 10 minutes of your first one, and then 30:30 on.

I think my reply here would be that oftentimes worship leaders are less motivated by their church's doctrines and more simply by a spirit of worship. I've attended services in full on Faith & Prosperity churches and was still able to worship with them because despite my doctrinal differences with them we were still worshiping the same God. I noticed he had some people walking out on him in that message as well, and that may be why. There is a sectarian spirit that can sometimes come with that message that says (or lends itself to the notion) that Bethel Christians are not actually Christians and not actually saved.

I find it tough believing that. Anyway, I don't think we should turn a nice worship thread into a debate thread, so I will leave it at that. But despite doctrinal issues, we need to guard against throwing the baby out with the bathwater here, cuz that would be a mistake IMO.

Blessings in Christ.
= H

One of my favorite Hispanic worship songs is actually from Bethel, btw.

Yes, we'll just have to leave it at that since there is just too much to disagree with here, and strongly. I just highly recommend that people stop listening to and financially supporting Bethel and Hillsong. Some of their theology is hugely problematic, heretical even, and the purpose of their music is to get their theology into churches. Worshiping with them is tacit endorsement of false theology, in the same way going to a gay wedding is tacit endorsement of such. I also find that "concert-style" worship is much more entertainment than worship, very irreverent and worldly (which, I think, is rather the point). I've been there and done that, but never again.

It is not my intent to offend, but to warn.

Most of the worship music I listen to is either older or off the beaten path, as I find much of the current, popular worship music is seriously lacking in sound theology and often "me-focused":

Psa 150:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Psa 150:2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Psa 150:3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Psa 150:4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Psa 150:5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Psa 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Just about anything by Carman

Last edited:
Some of their theology is hugely problematic, heretical even, and the purpose of their music is to get their theology into churches.

Fair enough point. :thumb

I also find that "concert-style" worship is much more entertainment than worship

I'd worship like crazy if I were anywhere near the front in that Por Siempre video. I've actually been on Hispanic worship teams, and I've sung and played that song in Spanish, and BELTED it out at the top of my lungs, when I wasn't crying my eyes out. Especially 2:23 on.

But I understand.

Something to think about. From about 30:30 on, although the whole video is relevant:

I didn't know their odd beliefs. The second video advises rejecting only the bad. That live in Israel concert I thought great even though I'm not a Pentecostal. I certainly won't be supporting their church. How could they so easily be fooled by the kenosis theory, its clear the same Jesus who "emptied himself" is the same Jesus who "added to Himself" human nature, hence the KJV rendering "made Himself of no reputation" is correct:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation (2758 κενόω kenoo), and took (2983 λαμβάνω lambano) upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Phil. 2:6-8 KJV)

If He "emptied Himself" (2758 κενόω kenoo) He would cease to exist! Then the Father would have had to revive a "copy" of Him in human flesh and it would have been the Father who gave Him flesh, the form of the servant and not Jesus Himself "taking it" (2983 λαμβάνω lambano). Totally absurd.

Hypostatic Union explains how Christ can be in the Form of God, and Man, at the same time and the same Jesus does both the "emptying" and the "adding". Therefore, He emptied Himself of His rights and privileges not seizing these as necessary:

NLT Philippians 2:7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form,

MIT Philippians 2:7 Instead, he surrendered his rights, taking on a slave's role as his human identity.

Last edited:
Good thread, Alfred. :thumb

Enjoying your Messianic stuff. You know that's actually Pentecostal stuff, right? Very beautiful. Btw, do you play any by any chance?

Thanks for the thread. Kinda overdue around here.

Blessings,
- H
I can stand with Pentecostals praying God let the latter rain fall, heal us all. Nothing unscriptural about that. I'm listening to Carmen now, and I sing with him "let the Spirit fall fresh on me." Who can object to that?

My cessationism says God speaks to us clearly through His Word, not apostles and prophets as He did in the 1st century, UNTIL God's two witnesses arrive, and the Holy Spirit is poured out on ALL flesh (who believe of course). Then we will all prophesy etc:

`And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. (Acts 2:17 NKJ)

I'm not Anti Pentecostal, I once was one. The body of Christ subsists throughout Christendom, in Pentecostal and Non Pentecostal churches alike. Their fruits reveal their identity, that they really are the children of God.

Rebellion against God's word reveals the opposite, who the TARES are. Unfortunately, TARES exist throughout Christendom also, in both Pentecostal and non Pentecostal churches.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes. (Matt. 7:15-29 KJV)

Last edited:
My cessationism says God speaks to us clearly through His Word, not apostles and prophets as He did in the 1st century, UNTIL God's two witnesses arrive, and the Holy Spirit is poured out on ALL flesh (who believe of course). Then we will all prophesy etc:

`And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. (Acts 2:17 NKJ)

Ok. :thumb

Thanks for sharing. :thumb

I have no idea how I missed this when it came out, and I only found out because my wife came across something on Instagram last week that had a portion of this playing. I can't get it out of my head now.

"Tithemi"

[Verse]
All fear, all pain, all hurt, all grief, all lies, must bow to Jesus' name
All kings, all thrones, everything that breathes life, must bow to Jesus' name
The Earth, the sea, the sun, the stars, the sky, must bow to Jesus' name
The Earth, the sea, the sun, the stars, the sky, must bow to Jesus' name

[Chorus]
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

[Verse]