Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Abortion Biblical?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Quath said:
If you had read the article, you would see that wasn't a rebuttal at all. The author says

Ask most anti-abortion Christians to support their view, and they'll give you a couple of verses. One, quite obviously, is the Commandment against murder. But that begs the question of whether or not abortion is murder, which begs the question of whether or not a fetus is the same as a full-term human person.

He then goes on to show that the Bible does not really support the idea that a fetus is a person. I think you should read the article, even if you disagree. It may help understand how others interpret the Bible.

I have no desire to read your article.

Anyone who plays the "is a fetus human" game is either stupid or intentionally deceptive.

Abortion is murder. Always was. Always will be. May God be more merciful to its proponents then its proponents are to helpless womb children.

Abortion is murder. Always was. Always will be.

Sorry i haven't actually been following this thread, but would like to ask a question. At what time in the Christian view does the soul enter the body? Because just say the soul hasn't actually entered the body yet, and the woman may be at risk would this still be classified as death?

Lewis W said:
We Christians' know that abortion is just plain wrong period.
How do you know? Were you just told by someone? Or did you discover this in the Bible? Or did you get it from a prayer?

christian_soldier said:
Anyone who plays the "is a fetus human" game is either stupid or intentionally deceptive.
If the Bible supports this idea, is the Bible stupid?

Abortion is murder. Always was. Always will be. May God be more merciful to its proponents then its proponents are to helpless womb children.
Murder is illegal killing. If abortion is legal, it is not murder.

Quath when you are filled with the Holy Ghost' you are in tune with God' and His Word. And killing these babies is not in His plans for us. When did God give the order to do so. Quath you are fighting a losing battle with us. Because we will never concede to that garbage you are talking' and I say that with love' still for you dude. Quath you have no connection to God' other than you are here physically because your spirit is twisted. But He loves you and is giving you time to repent. For if you don't you will surly be cast into hell forever. And guess what there are no unbelievers in hell. You are nothing but flesh' and you can't box with God' because your arms are to short. You have taken a stand against the wrong person. I will make the next statement with love also. The Bible says the FOOL has said in his heart' that their is no God. Asking questions like you are asking on this abortion issue. Tells us just where your heart is. If you were falling off of a mountain' I'll bet that you would call on God then' as you fall to the ground. You are resisting God' and He will deal with you for it. And on top of that you are teaching your children to reject God. If you do not repent you shall pay. fighting with you day to day is a lost cause for us' humans because your heart is hardened against the true God like Pharaohs was. If God does not break you down while you are still standing on top soil' He will surely break you down in death. In August I will have been talking to you for 2 years' and it has done you no good' and others here have been talking to you longer' to no avail. And it is pointless to try to promote your twisted godless thinking to us. When you stand before God to be judged and shaking in your boots. What are you going to tell Him ? And I will tell you this' you will bow to Him' and you will be cast into hell' where you belong' because you would not come to Him while you were in your body. You think Luke 16 is a joke ? You just wait and see.

christian_soldier said:
What prompts an atheist to post 5241 + arguing on a Christian forum?
I am trying to understand people who have faith. Sometimes I leave and ponder a few more things and come back with more questions.

I wonder why we perceive things differently. I wonder what part evidence and faith plays in our lives. I wonder how extreme some people's faith are. I wonder if religion is more harmful or helpful. Sometimes it seems I could make a million posts and I would still question things. :)

It doesn't. Moot point.

Abortion is murder.
It is interesting that you make a Biblical claim and yet refuse to back it up or even see if you could be wrong. It is also interesting that you claim that abortion is illegal when it is not. Is there any evidence in the world that would ever cause you doubt your beliefs in your own rightness?

Lewis W said:
And killing these babies is not in His plans for us. When did God give the order to do so.
Well, there are many times when God says to kill babies like

"All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16)

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7)

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18)

There are others. These show that God does tell people to kill babies and God also targets them specifically at times. If God never changes, then he has the same morality now as then.

Quath you are fighting a losing battle with us. Because we will never concede to that garbage you are talking' and I say that with love' still for you dude.
I think you misunderstand my intentions. I want to understand how and why you believe. I want to understand how believers get their morality. Does it come more from culture or from the Bible. I am just looking for consistency in answers. My goal is not to switch someone from pro-life to pro-choice. If for some reason people had read the article and completely changed their viewpoints, I would heavily question that and probably use pro-life arguments.

For if you don't you will surly be cast into hell forever. And guess what there are no unbelievers in hell.
If this is true and hell is eternal torture, then God is evil. And I would not wish to worship an evil deity.

The Bible says the FOOL has said in his heart' that their is no God.
This is a standard statement of any religion. Anyone who does not go along with the beliefs in a holy book are fools, hetertics, unenlightened, misinformed, etc. It is circular logic at its best.

fighting with you day to day is a lost cause for us' humans because your heart is hardened against the true God like Pharaohs was.
In that story, God was the one who hardened Pharoah's heart. So if this is true, then God does not want me to believe in him.

And I will tell you this' you will bow to Him' and you will be cast into hell' where you belong' because you would not come to Him while you were in your body.
Threats from beyond the grave is worse than the email spam that promises me a few million dollars for helping out a widow in Argentina. It is an easy threat to make, but a hard one to show that it is real. And many people are too afraid to really question it.

But I have enough worring about how Odin will judge me unworthy for Vahalla and Zeus may not let me into the happy hunting grounds and Buddha says I am not even close to Nirvanah. This is just another faith based threat fron beyond the grave on top of all the rest.

Quath' you will never understand without the Holy Ghost. For how could you ? And about your heart' who's to say' it could be God but more than likely it is you your self. God wants you' but you don't want Him. Because Quath' if you were to convert' you would be a powerful testimony for the Lord. Because of where you came from. People like you who have converted are blessed by the Lord. And they become power houses in the Lord. I was watching such a person like you Sunday night on TBN' who had converted, as a matter of fact he was the son of that famouse women who had went against God in the courts. I for get her name' it is on the tip of my tongue' I am getting old.

Ummm.. I think it was Madalyn O'Hair's s son you are referring to. Yeah, preachers that deconvert are also seen as powerful testimonies in atheists circles.

But if God wants to reveal himself, I will pay attention. Until then I have to go with what I know...

But if God wants to reveal himself, I will pay attention. Until then I have to go with what I know...

you wont be capable to see God. There are signs everywhere that there is a God.

truth_will_prevail said:
you wont be capable to see God. There are signs everywhere that there is a God.
I don't see it. When I can understand the laws of the universe and none of them seem to require intelligence, why should I believe in an intelligent deity?

Quath said:
I don't see it. When I can understand the laws of the universe and none of them seem to require intelligence, why should I believe in an intelligent deity?

Oh, so you have learned where the universe came from?

Do tell!

:lol:

Quath said:
Ummm.. I think it was Madalyn O'Hair's s son you are referring to. Yeah, preachers that deconvert are also seen as powerful testimonies in atheists circles.

Quath Jesus said that' all the Father has given Him' He has lost none of them out of His hand. These preachers were none of God's in the first place.

christian_soldier said:
Oh, so you have learned where the universe came from?
I understand several theories of the origin of the universe. None of them require magic.

Lewis W said:
Quath Jesus said that' all the Father has given Him' He has lost none of them out of His hand. These preachers were none of God's in the first place.
That is an easy assertion. I could claim that anyone who converted to Christianity from atheism was not a real atheist either. Therefore, no one who knows the truth (atheism) has ever been led astray.

But that is just an assertion. In reality, you can not predict who will lose or change their belief.

If you really looked you would find people that were on fire for Jesus and knew he was real and loved being filled with the Holy Ghost. And then one day they decided they had been fooling themselves. You may not believe it, but there are amny such testimonials like that on the web.

Quath said:
I understand several theories of the origin of the universe. None of them require magic.

Theories, eh? :lol:

No magic other than matter produced from nothing.

:roll:

Gosh, Quath, it must be tough having a meaningless existence. I feel for you.

christian_soldier said:
No magic other than matter produced from nothing.
The theories are based more off the idea that something and its opposite are just another expression of nothingness. So the idea that that we are just another expression of nothingness.

Gosh, Quath, it must be tough having a meaningless existence. I feel for you.
Why is my life meanigless? Because you believe it to be so? Life is what it is. I accept it and go with it.

Quath why do people live at different ages? Just say there are two people who both have the same build and are good in health, but one of them dies a natural death.

Lewis W said:
Quath when you are filled with the Holy Ghost' you are in tune with God' and His Word. And killing these babies is not in His plans for us. When did God give the order to do so. Quath you are fighting a losing battle with us. Because we will never concede to that garbage you are talking' and I say that with love' still for you dude. Quath you have no connection to God' other than you are here physically because your spirit is twisted. But He loves you and is giving you time to repent. For if you don't you will surly be cast into hell forever. And guess what there are no unbelievers in hell. You are nothing but flesh' and you can't box with God' because your arms are to short. You have taken a stand against the wrong person. I will make the next statement with love also. The Bible says the FOOL has said in his heart' that their is no God. Asking questions like you are asking on this abortion issue. Tells us just where your heart is. If you were falling off of a mountain' I'll bet that you would call on God then' as you fall to the ground. You are resisting God' and He will deal with you for it. And on top of that you are teaching your children to reject God. If you do not repent you shall pay. fighting with you day to day is a lost cause for us' humans because your heart is hardened against the true God like Pharaohs was. If God does not break you down while you are still standing on top soil' He will surely break you down in death. In August I will have been talking to you for 2 years' and it has done you no good' and others here have been talking to you longer' to no avail. And it is pointless to try to promote your twisted godless thinking to us. When you stand before God to be judged and shaking in your boots. What are you going to tell Him ? And I will tell you this' you will bow to Him' and you will be cast into hell' where you belong' because you would not come to Him while you were in your body. You think Luke 16 is a joke ? You just wait and see.

I think Quath needs to read this again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back