Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] About Ready To Give Up

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

LostSoul

In short, nothing can go right any more without something going horribly wrong. Faith for me...is getting shorter and shorter in supply in terms of things be alright. My husband has been job hunting for more than a year now. I am getting cut down to a limited number of hours. So my job hunt has intensified. Enrolled in college to find the only documentation I am missing is my 2008 w2s that I cannot seem to find anywhere....and all I can say is....shoot me...please....I have had enough....

Hang in there, girl. Things don't always run smoothly and sometimes they are just downright awful, but God never changes. He always cares and will always love you and see you through. Try not to put your faith in circumstances that can fail you, but put your faith in God's power which will never fail you.

The world is often an unpleasant place, LostLamb, but remember the words that Jesus spoke in John 16:33,

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[a] have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.â€

Jesus' word should be enough for us, but we often get discouraged, so we need to hear his word over and over again! But that's what's so wonderful about Jesus. He clearly understood all of our weaknesses and even suffered under all of them. So whenever you feel discouraged, just remember that Jesus went through all of our sufferings so that we can have a better life, for He also said in John 10:10,

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

So don't fret over doubt and worry. Keep pushing on and trust Jesus to keep your life in His hands and hold you up. Read the good book daily and pray about the path that God wants you to take. I hope that these verses helped, and I have prayed for you.

Danelle,

Hold on tight to the hand of Jesus girly!!! Stand firm by your faith honey, we're praying.... We're in agreement with you girly that God will be opening doors soon in the name of Jesus. :amen

Thank you everyone. I think that is half of my issue right there...I trust or try to trust others so much that when they let me down I tend to forget the one in which I should be able to count on no matter what. Thanks again everyone.

I have been in your situation before.. Recently my husband was laid off work, I am a stay at home mother so we had no source of income whatsoever plus no money in the bank. We had bills to pay and on top of it 3 kids including a new born baby. 2 days ago my husband got a call to start working again with a different company and is getting paid more than he was at the last. God is always faithful and he ALWAYS provides. Don't forget, God provides the animals of this earth with everything they need to survive. How much more important are we to God than animals are?

Things have not improved much.....

Owed the I.R.S. 300 dollars because of the rebate....

One of my husband's former employers did not report things properly to the I.R.S so we have a 300 or so dollar difference between our combined W2s and the Tax Return. This is now putting my ability to further my education in question.....

My husband's father who used us has been calling non-stop up until about a week ago as my husband spoke a short time with him telling him, more or less that he will call him when he wants. At the present, my father-in-law has not apologized for any of the grief he caused us while living with us. Yet...he expects his son to want a relationship with him after putting him in the position of choosing between his own father and his infant son.....

My work hours are being cut.....and I may not make enough to live on. Getting down to Income Support is no easy task as we do not have a car.....but we are getting to it.....

My husband and I both have been job hunting for as long as I can remember...him for the past year....and no results as of yet. Even with a bartending and alcohol server's license...nothing has come through. I have been job hunting for several months hoping to get my foot in the door into the field of work I would one day like to commit the rest of my life to professionally. Otherwise I have been searching for anything I can get for at least a part time position so that way I might have a couple jobs to see us through.....but nothing has come yet.

The stress is killing me.... I am not eating right...sleep is not something easily gotten...my life....is just a mess. I want to be a good mother...but I feel like such a failure right now......God help me...

This is one of my favorite verses and reminds me that the burden is not all on me. Let God carry some of the weight. Trust Him to provide for your needs.

Isaiah 40:11 "He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."

Back