Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Abrogation in Islam - it IS important!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Quran was (allegedly) revealed by Muhammad over a span of 23 years in response to situations that were occurring in his own life.

Quran 16:101 said:
And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, - and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not.
Abrogation was introduced as the "answer" when Muhammad's detractors were pointing out that his "revelations" were contradicting each other (ie. the earlier is contradicted by that which was "revealed" later). Claiming you are repeating God word for word and then contradicting yourself in these "revelations" is a problem that can only be solved by abrogation.

Quran 2:106 said:
Nothing of our revelation (even a single verse) do we abrogate or cause be forgotten, but we bring (in place) one better or the like thereof. Knowest thou not that Allah is Able to do all things?
By claiming in this verse that nothing is abrogated, it means "nothing is removed from the Quran" ie. the previous commands are still in the Quran, even though they have been substituted by a later revelation.

Why is this important?
This is of utmost importance, because the earlier revelations are still contained in the Quran, even though they have been replaced by other commands (which now take precedence).

Add to this that Today's Quran's are NOT in chronological order (but arranged roughly longest surah to shortest) then the Quran, to the uninformed) can appear to have peaceful parts and violent parts, with no way to choose between them.

This is of course, until you take abrogation into account. One of the last revealed verses is known as the "Ayah of the sword" (ayah = verse).
Quran 9:5 said:
But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
This, being revealed (almost) last, and with no peaceful verses being revealed after it, replaced EVERY peaceful verse regarding unbelievers in the Quran. The Ayah of the sword abrogates 112 Verses in the Quran.

So, although there are Muslims who have manged to interpret Islam peacefully, these Muslims are ignoring the concept of Abrogation in order to do so.

Also one must take into account that according to Islam, Muhammad is Uswa Hasana - that is the Perfect example of conduct to follow - in the Quran, Allah states that Muhammad has "sublime morality"
Quran 68:4 said:
And most surely you conform (yourself) to sublime morality.
Muhammad repeatedly tells Muslims to follow his Sunnah (example).

Therefore, when we discuss "true Islam", we must look to the actions of beliefs of Muhammad & Abrogation in order to judge which Muslims are actually following Islam, and which have cherry-picked the teachings of Islam in order to conform to their own morality and lifestyle.

Chronological order of the Quran
List of Abrogated (MansÅ«kh) Verses along with their Abrogators (NÄÂsikh)
Online Quran that contains the Abrogations within the text

Sanitarium said:
The Quran was (allegedly) revealed by Muhammad over a span of 23 years in response to situations that were occurring in his own life.

And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, - and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not.
Abrogation was introduced as the "answer" when Muhammad's detractors were pointing out that his "revelations" were contradicting each other (ie. the earlier is contradicted by that which was "revealed" later). Claiming you are repeating God word for word and then contradicting yourself in these "revelations" is a problem that can only be solved by abrogation.

[quote="Quran 2:106":1dujo6hg]
Nothing of our revelation (even a single verse) do we abrogate or cause be forgotten, but we bring (in place) one better or the like thereof. Knowest thou not that Allah is Able to do all things?
By claiming in this verse that nothing is abrogated, it means "nothing is removed from the Quran" ie. the previous commands are still in the Quran, even though they have been substituted by a later revelation.

Why is this important?
This is of utmost importance, because the earlier revelations are still contained in the Quran, even though they have been replaced by other commands (which now take precedence).

Add to this that Today's Quran's are NOT in chronological order (but arranged roughly longest surah to shortest) then the Quran, to the uninformed) can appear to have peaceful parts and violent parts, with no way to choose between them.

This is of course, until you take abrogation into account. One of the last revealed verses is known as the "Ayah of the sword" (ayah = verse).
Quran 9:5 said:
But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
This, being revealed (almost) last, and with no peaceful verses being revealed after it, replaced EVERY peaceful verse regarding unbelievers in the Quran. The Ayah of the sword abrogates 112 Verses in the Quran.

So, although there are Muslims who have manged to interpret Islam peacefully, these Muslims are ignoring the concept of Abrogation in order to do so.

Also one must take into account that according to Islam, Muhammad is Uswa Hasana - that is the Perfect example of conduct to follow - in the Quran, Allah states that Muhammad has "sublime morality"
Quran 68:4 said:
And most surely you conform (yourself) to sublime morality.
Muhammad repeatedly tells Muslims to follow his Sunnah (example).

Therefore, when we discuss "true Islam", we must look to the actions of beliefs of Muhammad & Abrogation in order to judge which Muslims are actually following Islam, and which have cherry-picked the teachings of Islam in order to conform to their own morality and lifestyle.

Chronological order of the Quran
List of Abrogated (MansÅ«kh) Verses along with their Abrogators (NÄÂsikh)
Online Quran that contains the Abrogations within the text[/quote:1dujo6hg]

Ok before I explain all your Mistakes tell me your Honest opinion about this Abrogation:

In the begining sons and daughters of adam and EVE had permission to get married, now by all religion Jewish/Christian and Muslims SISTER and BROTHER cannot get married as it is FORBIDEN by GOD so:

What do you think about this ABROGATION done by your and mine God!?

Peace

You bring this verse in your post:

Quran 9:5 wrote:

This verse have Nothing to do with any kind of Abrogation in the Holy Quran, simply you brought something out of Context and to make you KNOW and UNDERSTAND the WHOLE SURAH NINE's verses in it talks about:

1- Romans/SHARERS/CHRISTIANS who wanted to attack Muslims and Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) took Muslim Army to place called TABUK to examine them in order to defend Arabian Pensuala from Romans attack, and when they found Romans Army didnt come they returned.

And due to this verses it still work till today as we should fight those who THREATEN US and ATTACK US, which is A B C right of any country that were threatened or attacked!

2- PAGANS and JEWS in ARABIAN PENSUALA as God told Muslims at that time to give them choice:

A- Either leave the Arabian Pensuala
B- become Muslims

before you begin to think badly there were reasons and that they BROKE their treaty with Muslims many times and fought Muslims and killed them, and Muslims gave them many chances but they still broke their Treaties!

So I challenge anyone to bring verse from Surah 9 that talks about fighting just like that without any reason mentioned above!

Know that:

Islam COVERS all aspects of life which means in Peace TIMES and in WAR times and even there is verses that covers DURING BATTLE times!

For abrogtaion that Holy Quran talks this I will explain in other posts when you answer me my simple Question about Abrogation in previous post!

Thanks and May Allah (swt) guide you!

Peace

Love25 said:
Ok before I explain all your Mistakes tell me your Honest opinion about this Abrogation:

In the begining sons and daughters of adam and EVE had permission to get married, now by all religion Jewish/Christian and Muslims SISTER and BROTHER cannot get married as it is FORBIDEN by GOD so:

Peace

This has nothing to do with Abrogation in the Quran. Read this verse again:

When We (Allah) put a revelation in place of another, they say "Lo! Thou art but inventing!" Who are they saying "you're inventing!" to? Muhammad! Therefore it is clearly inter-Quranic abrogation and not abrogation between the texts (Quran, Torah, Injil) as Muhammad was not responsible for the revelation of the others.

Love25 said:
This verse have Nothing to do with any kind of Abrogation in the Holy Quran, simply you brought something out of Context and to make you KNOW and UNDERSTAND the WHOLE SURAH NINE's verses in it talks about:
No, my point is that the Ayah of the sword is the abrogator for 112 other verses in the Quran (it replaces them).

Love25 said:
For abrogtaion that Holy Quran talks this I will explain in other posts when you answer me my simple Question about Abrogation in previous post!
I don't think you understand abrogation. Please re-read my first post.

Sanitarium said:
Love25 said:

Peace

This has nothing to do with Abrogation in the Quran. Read this verse again:

When We (Allah) put a revelation in place of another, they say "Lo! Thou art but inventing!" Who are they saying "you're inventing!" to? Muhammad! Therefore it is clearly inter-Quranic abrogation and not abrogation between the texts (Quran, Torah, Injil) as Muhammad was not responsible for the revelation of the others.

Love25 said:
No, my point is that the Ayah of the sword is the abrogator for 112 other verses in the Quran (it replaces them).

Love25 said:
I don't think you understand abrogation. Please re-read my first post.

Why you are haste!?

Please answer my first Question!

Concenring verse 112 already were EXPLAINED above and have nothing to do with aborgation!

Peace

Love25 said:
Why you are haste!?

Concenring verse 112 already were EXPLAINED above and have nothing to do with aborgation!

Peace
I have a feeling you are going to claim abrogation exists betwen the Quran and the previous scriptures and not within the Quran itself. I have already addressed this with you. The concept of Abrogation is in the Quran when later revelations started to contradict that which was revealed earlier....tends to happen in a 23 year long revelation of a text.

Sanitarium said:
Love25 said:
Why you are haste!?

Peace
I have a feeling you are going to claim abrogation exists betwen the Quran and the previous scriptures and not within the Quran itself. I have already addressed this with you. The concept of Abrogation is in the Quran when later revelations started to contradict that which was revealed earlier....tends to happen in a 23 year long revelation of a text.

Then you have Bad feeling that you should follow it this beside bad knwolegde about Holy Quran!

But you answer my simple question first which I asked above, why dont you help me to explain to you what you didnt understand!?

Peace

Love25 said:
Then you have Bad feeling that you should follow it this beside bad knwolegde about Holy Quran!
My sources are the Quran, tafseer & ahadith & sira. What are yours?

Love25 said:
But you answer my simple question first which I asked above, why dont you help me to explain to you what you didnt understand!?
I've already answered it. Adam and Eve have nothing to do with Abrogation in the Quran.

Sanitarium said:
Love25 said:
My sources are the Quran, tafseer & ahadith & sira. What are yours?

Love25 said:
I've already answered it. Adam and Eve have nothing to do with Abrogation in the Quran.

I already EXPLAINED and showed that verse 9:5 or the way you call it sword dont abrogate anything while you say it abrogate 112 verses from Quran, and for some reason you still say the same!

I see you dont want to answer the Question about Adam and EVE which make me wonder why you try to avoid answering this very simple Question!?

Notice: this is Third time I ask you to answer this simple Question!!!
Peace

Abrogation exists within the Quran itself - ie. later revelations abrogate some revealed earlier. The ayah of the sword abrogates 112 peaceful verses.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Also, I have answered 3 times your question about Adam and Eve - it has nothing to do with abrogation so it has nothing to do with this thread. Feel free to make a new thread if you wish to discuss them.

Abrogation exists within the Quran itself - ie. later revelations abrogate some revealed earlier. The ayah of the sword abrogates 112 peaceful verses.

Of course abrogation exsist in Holy Quran but I already explained to you that not only verse 9:5 dont abrogate anything but the whole SURAH 9 dont abrogate any of 112 verse you talk about!

and I explained it to you in Details and from your side you didnt refute anything, maybe it is time to begin to refute what I wrote to you, becuase keep saying it abrogates it abrogates will no refute what is written to you even if I decided to beleive what you say!!!

---------------------------

What is so hard to understand about this?

This is what I wanted to ask you!!

-------------------------

Also, I have answered 3 times your question about Adam and Eve - it has nothing to do with abrogation so it has nothing to do with this thread. Feel free to make a new thread if you wish to discuss them.

Did you see me asking you or telling you that this have anything to do with Quran!?

It is you who want to change the subject, now answer me this simple Question this is FOURTH time I ask you!!Peace

Love25 said:
Of course abrogation exsist in Holy Quran but I already explained to you that not only verse 9:5 dont abrogate anything but the whole SURAH 9 dont abrogate any of 112 verse you talk about!
I never stated Surah 9 (as a whole) abrogated anything. I said that Surah 9:5 abrogates 112 verses. You do know that the Quran wasn't revealed a whole Surah at a time right? Usually it was verse by verse.

Love25 said:
and I explained it to you in Details and from your side you didnt refute anything, maybe it is time to begin to refute what I wrote to you, becuase keep saying it abrogates it abrogates will no refute what is written to you even if I decided to beleive what you say!!!
The evidence has already refuted you.

Love25 said:
Did you see me asking you or telling you that this have anything to do with Abrogation!?
So WHY did you bring it up in this thread? This thread is about Abrogation, yet you have just admitted that you are attempting to derail the thread with off-topic questions!

Love25 said:
It is you who want to change the subject, now answer me this simple Question this is FOURTH time I ask you!!
Peace
Last time: open a seperate thread to discuss this, as you have admitted (thank you!) that it is off topic.

I never stated Surah 9 (as a whole) abrogated anything. I said that Surah 9:5 abrogates 112 verses. You do know that the Quran wasn't revealed a whole Surah at a time right? Usually it was verse by verse.

Surah 9 includes VERSE 9:5 which you brought but as you saw and can read in above posts I were very Generous and showed you that Nothing in this whole SURAH abrogate anything concerning war/battle/peace times!

---------------------------------

So WHY did you bring it up in this thread? This thread is about Abrogation, yet you have just admitted that you are attempting to derail the thread with off-topic questions!
Love25 said:
Sorry I corrected the word instead of Quran I wrote abrogation!!!

Now will you answer the Question as I ask now for FIFTH time!?

Peace

Love25 said:
Surah 9 includes VERSE 9:5 which you brought but as you saw and can read in above posts I were very Generous and showed you that Nothing in this whole SURAH abrogate anything concerning war/battle/peace times!
Bolding below for attention. Please pay careful attention to the statements in Blue. Surah Bara'ah is another name for Surah 9.

Tafsir 'Ibn Kathir 9:5 said:
ï´¿ÙÂÙŽØ¥ÙÂذَا انسَلَخَ الأَشْهÙÂر٠الْحÙÂرÙÂم٠ÙÂَاقْتÙÂÙ„ÙÂواْ الْمÙÂشْرÙÂÙƒÙÂينَ حَيْث٠وَجَدتÙÂّمÙÂوهÙÂمْ ÙˆÙŽØ®ÙÂØ°ÙÂوهÙÂمْ وَاحْصÙÂرÙÂوهÙÂمْ وَاقْعÙÂدÙÂواْ Ù„ÙŽÙ‡ÙÂمْ ÙƒÙÂÙ„ÙŽÙ‘ مَرْصَد٠ÙÂÙŽØ¥ÙÂÙ† تَابÙÂواْ وَأَقَامÙÂواْ الصَّلَوةَ وَءاتَوÙÂاْ الزَّكَوةَ ÙÂَخَلÙÂّواْ سَبÙÂيلَهÙÂمْ Ø¥ÙÂÙ†ÙŽÙ‘ اللَّهَ غَÙÂÙÂورٌ رَّحÙÂيمٌ ï´¾

(5. So when the Sacred Months have passed, then fight the Mushrikin wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform the Salah, and give the Zakah, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.)

Mujahid, `Amr bin Shu`ayb, Muhammad bin Ishaq, Qatadah, As-Suddi and `Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam said that the four months mentioned in this Ayah are the four-month grace period mentioned in the earlier Ayah,

ï´¿ÙÂَسÙÂيحÙÂواْ ÙÂÙÂÙ‰ الاٌّرْض٠أَرْبَعَةَ أَشْهÙÂرÙÂï´¾

(So travel freely for four months throughout the land.) Allah said next,

ï´¿ÙÂÙŽØ¥ÙÂذَا انسَلَخَ الأَشْهÙÂر٠الْحÙÂرÙÂÙ…ÙÂï´¾

(So when the Sacred Months have passed...), meaning, `Upon the end of the four months during which We prohibited you from fighting the idolators, and which is the grace period We gave them, then fight and kill the idolators wherever you may find them.' Allah's statement next,

ï´¿ÙÂَاقْتÙÂÙ„ÙÂواْ الْمÙÂشْرÙÂÙƒÙÂينَ حَيْث٠وَجَدتÙÂّمÙÂوهÙÂمْ﴾

(then fight the Mushrikin wherever you find them), means, on the earth in general, except for the Sacred Area, for Allah said,

﴿وَلاَ تÙÂقَـتÙÂÙ„ÙÂوهÙÂمْ عÙÂندَ الْمَسْجÙÂد٠الْحَرَام٠حَتَّى ÙŠÙÂقَـتÙÂÙ„ÙÂوكÙÂمْ ÙÂÙÂيه٠ÙÂÙŽØ¥ÙÂÙ† قَـتَلÙÂوكÙÂمْ ÙÂَاقْتÙÂÙ„ÙÂوهÙÂمْ﴾

(And fight not with them at Al-Masjid Al-Haram, unless they fight you there. But if they attack you, then fight them. )ï´¿2:191ï´¾ Allah said here,

ï´¿ÙˆÙŽØ®ÙÂØ°ÙÂوهÙÂمْ﴾

(and capture them), executing some and keeping some as prisoners,

﴿وَاحْصÙÂرÙÂوهÙÂمْ وَاقْعÙÂدÙÂواْ Ù„ÙŽÙ‡ÙÂمْ ÙƒÙÂÙ„ÙŽÙ‘ مَرْصَدÙÂï´¾

(and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush), do not wait until you find them. Rather, seek and besiege them in their areas and forts, gather intelligence about them in the various roads and fairways so that what is made wide looks ever smaller to them. This way, they will have no choice, but to die or embrace Islam,

ï´¿ÙÂÙŽØ¥ÙÂÙ† تَابÙÂواْ وَأَقَامÙÂواْ الصَّلَوةَ وَءاتَوÙÂاْ الزَّكَوةَ ÙÂَخَلÙÂّواْ سَبÙÂيلَهÙÂمْ Ø¥ÙÂÙ†ÙŽÙ‘ اللَّهَ غَÙÂÙÂورٌ رَّحÙÂيمٌ﴾

(But if they repent and perform the Salah, and give the Zakah, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) Abu Bakr As-Siddiq used this and other honorable Ayat as proof for fighting those who refrained from paying the Zakah. These Ayat allowed fighting people unless, and until, they embrace Islam and implement its rulings and obligations. Allah mentioned the most important aspects of Islam here, including what is less important. Surely, the highest elements of Islam after the Two Testimonials, are the prayer, which is the right of Allah, the Exalted and Ever High, then the Zakah, which benefits the poor and needy. These are the most honorable acts that creatures perform, and this is why Allah often mentions the prayer and Zakah together. In the Two Sahihs, it is recorded that Ibn `Umar said that the Messenger of Allah said,

«أÙÂÙ…ÙÂرْت٠أَنْ Ø£ÙÂقَاتÙÂÙ„ÙŽ النَّاسَ حَتَّى يَشْهَدÙÂوا أَنْ لَا Ø¥ÙÂÙ„ÙŽÙ‡ÙŽ Ø¥ÙÂلَّا الله٠وَأَنَّ Ù…ÙÂحَمَّدًا رَسÙÂول٠الله٠وَيÙÂÙ‚ÙÂيمÙÂوا الصَّلَاةَ ÙˆÙŽÙŠÙÂؤْتÙÂوا الزَّكَاة»

(I have been commanded to fight the people until they testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, establish the prayer and pay the Zakah.) This honorable Ayah (9:5) was called the Ayah of the Sword, about which Ad-Dahhak bin Muzahim said,"It abrogated every agreement of peace between the Prophet and any idolator, every treaty, and every term.'' Al-`Awfi said that Ibn `Abbas commented: "No idolator had any more treaty or promise of safety ever since Surah Bara'ah was revealed. The four months, in addition to, all peace treaties conducted before Bara'ah was revealed and announced had ended by the tenth of the month of Rabi` Al-Akhir.''
Online Source
Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi - Tafhim al-Qur'an - The Meaning of the Qur'an - Surah 9 said:
(excerpt)

Problems of the Period

If we keep in view the preceding background, we can easily find out the problems that were confronting the Community at that time. They were:

1. to make the whole of Arabia a perfect Dar-ul-Islam,

2. to extend the influence of Islam to the adjoining countries,

3. to crush the mischiefs of the hypocrites, and

4. to prepare the Muslims for Jihad against the non- Muslim world.

1. Now that the administration of the whole of Arabia had come in the hands of the Believers, and all the opposing powers had become helpless, it was necessary to make a clear declaration of that policy which was to be adopted to make her a perfect Dar-ul-Islam. Therefore the following measures were adopted:

1. A clear declaration was made that all the treaties with the mushriks were abolished and the Muslims would be released from the treaty obligations with them after a respite of four months.(vv. 1-3). This declaration was necessary for uprooting completely the system of life based on shirk and to make Arabia exclusively the center of Islam so that it should not in any way interfere with the spirit of Islam nor become an internal danger for it.

2. A decree was issued that the guardianship of the Ka`abah, which held central position in all the affairs of Arabia, should be wrested from the mushriks and placed permanently in the hands of the Believers, (vv. 12-18) that all the customs and practices of the shirk of the era of 'ignorance' should be forcibly abolished: that the mushriks should not be allowed even to come near the "House" (v. 28). This was to eradicate every trace of shirk from the "House" that was dedicated exclusively to the worship of Allah.

3.The evil practice of Nasi, by which they used to tamper with the sacred months in the days of 'ignorance', was forbidden as an act of kufr(v. 37). This was also to serve as an example to the Muslims for eradicating every vestige of the customs of ignorance from the life of Arabia (and afterwards from the lives of the Muslims everywhere).

2. In order to enable the Muslims to extend the influence of Islam outside Arabia, they were enjoined to crush with sword the non- Muslim powers and to force them to accept the sovereignty of the Islamic State. As the great Roman and Iranian Empires were the biggest hindrances in the way, a conflict with them was inevitable. The object of Jihad was not to coerce them to accept Islam they were free to accept or not to accept it-but to prevent them from thrusting forcibly their deviations upon others and the coming generations. The Muslims were enjoined to tolerate their misguidance only to the extent that they might have the freedom to remain misguided, if they chose to be so, provided that they paid Jizyah (v. 29) as a sign of their subjugation to the Islamic State.

3. The third important problem was to crush the mischiefs of the hypocrites, who had hitherto been tolerated in spite of their flagrant crimes. Now that there was practically no pressure upon them from outside, the Muslims were enjoined to treat them openly as disbelievers (v. 73). Accordingly, the Holy Prophet set on fire the house of Swailim, where the hypocrites used to gather for consultations in order to dissuade the people from joining the expedition to Tabuk. Likewise on his return from Tabuk, he ordered to pull down and burn the 'Mosque' that had been built to serve as a cover for the hypocrites for hatching plots against the true Believers.

4.In order to prepare the Muslims for Jihad against the whole non-Muslim world, it was necessary to cure them even of that slight weakness of faith from which they were still suffering. For there could be no greater internal danger to the Islamic Community than the weakness of faith, especially where it was going to engage itself single-handed in a' conflict with the whole non-Muslim world. That is why those people who had lagged behind in the Campaign to Tabuk or had shown the least negligence were severely taken to task, and were considered as hypocrites if they had no plausible excuse for not fulfilling that obligation. Moreover, a clear declaration was made that in future the sole criterion of a Muslim's faith shall be the exertions he makes for the uplift of the Word of Allah and the role he plays in the conflict between Islam and kufr. Therefore, if anyone will show any hesitation in sacrificing his life, money, time and energies, his faith shall not be regarded as genuine. (vv. 81-96).

If the above-mentioned important points are kept in view during the study of this Surah, it will facilitate the understanding of its contents.

Source

Actualy I dont know why you copy/paste all this I gave you explantion to that in very simply words:

Verse 9:5 talks about Arabia pensuala lands and it says to us that they have two choices to accept Islam or we will fight them and this is becuase":

1- They fought Islam!
2- They BROKE treaties made with Muslims more then once!
And actualy this is the same what explantion you copy/paste says!

so where is the problem!?

Peace

Love25 said:
Actualy I dont know why you copy/paste all this I gave you explantion to that in very simply words:

Verse 9:5 talks about Arabia pensuala lands and it says to us that they have two choices to accept Islam or we will fight them and this is becuase":

1- They fought Islam!

Love25:

Once again, you are either confused or in denial. Sanitarium has provided us with well thought-out and informative responses which are supported by evidence, while you on-the-other-hand have provided us with nothing more than incoherent rants and your "own opinions" stated as fact. Just because you say it is, does not make it so, and getting the last word in a thread does not make you right.

Love25 said:
You claim that abrogation does not exist within the Quran itself, and that 9:5 does not abrogate anything. I have presented evidence that shows that you are mistaken. Simple.

Love25 said:
Please read the tafsir from Maududi again. What is it about Whole Non-Muslim world that is confusing to you? Does that sound like "arabian peninsula only" to you?

Gabriel Ali said:
Love25:

Once again, you are either confused or in denial. Sanitarium has provided us with well thought-out and informative responses which are supported by evidence, while you on-the-other-hand have provided us with nothing more than incoherent rants and your "own opinions" stated as fact. Just because you say it is, does not make it so, and getting the last word in a thread does not make you right.
This ^ ^ ^ I agree 100%.

Gabriel Ali said:
Love25 said:

1- They fought Islam!

Love25:

Actualy sanitarium avoided answering my simple Question about Adam and EVE although I repeated this Questions many time and even in different colors! :)

And he/she didnt provide anything but copy/paste work, even what he copeid and pasted is PROVE that verse 9:5 have nothing to do with any kind of Abrogation that he/she despratly want to prove!!!

By the way bringing copy/paste work is very easy we can even copy/paste books, the question is Sanitarium want to understand from Muslims or he want to keep himself not knowing!?

Peace

Please read the tafsir from Maududi again. What is it about Whole Non-Muslim world that is confusing to you? Does that sound like "arabian peninsula only" to you?

I didnt find anything in the Tafsir you brought but what YOU didnt understand do you know why!?

Becuase you didnt read the CONTEXT read verses next to 9:5 and you will find everything is explained and that this verse talks about Pagans who used to fight Muslims and broke treaties and we see the verses clearly says:

1- Dont fight them during those Four months which were used in calling them for Islam by Muslims (who gives enemies for mont Treaty)!!!

2- Fight them but if they ask refugee and stop be Merciful with them and even escort them!

So this verse is spevific verse with specific rulings and for sure applies in the whole world and this for sure it prepared Muslims for Jihad but as you you can read it talks about what to do durning Battle time!

By the way I can copy/paste for you Tafsirs also, copy/paste are very easy but to understand the whole picture in Context you need more then copy/paste work!

And Again dont Forget CONTEXT!!

Peace

Love25 said:
Actualy sanitarium avoided answering my simple Question about Adam and EVE although I repeated this Questions many time and even in different colors!
Because it has no relevance to the topic and it is an attempt to derail the conversation. Open a new thread if you'd like to discuss them.

Love25 said:
And he/she didnt provide anything but copy/paste work
I wrote both posts myself. So what if I copy/pasted some information? It's called providing evidence to back up my assertations.

Love25 said:
, even what he copeid and pasted is PROVE that verse 9:5 have nothing to do with any kind of Abrogation that he/she despratly want to prove!!!
No, this is what you keep claiming but you have yet to provide evidence that abrogation is not a Quranic concept.

Love25 said:
I didnt find anything in the Tafsir you brought but what YOU didnt understand do you know why!?
I coloured and bolded what you need to look at.

Love25 said:
Becuase you didnt read the CONTEXT read verses next to 9:5 and you will find everything is explained and that this verse talks about Pagans who used to fight Muslims and broke treaties and we see the verses clearly says:
The context of the verses is irrelevant. We are discussing the issue that Quran verses revealed later replace those revealed earlier (when they contradict). So if Allah says "eat apples" on Tuesday, but on Thursday he says "don't eat apples" then The Thursday revelation replaces the Tuesday one. The context is irrelevant.

Love25 said:
So this verse is spevific verse with specific rulings and for sure applies in the whole world and this for sure it prepared Muslims for Jihad but as you you can read it talks about what to do durning Battle time!
Yes I agree. However since 9:5 was revealed, it's always "battle time" as I have shown by quoting Kathir's & Maududi's tafsirs for you.

Love25 said:
By the way I can copy/paste for you Tafsirs also, copy/paste are very easy but to understand the whole picture in Context you need more then copy/paste work!

And Again dont Forget CONTEXT!!
Read above. Context is irrelevant. Now, kindly address the issue and stop trying to derail this thread.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back