Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Adam then Eve

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Kaliani

God created all the other species with a female counterpart right from the outset.

What is the significance of the fact that He created Eve last of all?

They were actually created at the same time, but in the form of a man..

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
Genesis 1:27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Genesis 2:21, God simply removed the feminine side of the male. Hence, the injunction that they become one again by blending:
Genesis 2:23 - She shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man
Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

But if you read on, i think the significance had to do with their tasks/jobs in the Garden of Eden. It doesn't really state what their tasks/jobs were though, i might be wrong. I haven't gotten that far in the book of Genesis yet.

Genesis 2:15 - The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it.
Genesis 2:18 - Then the Lord God said, It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.

God created all the other species with a female counterpart right from the outset.

Hi Kaliani,

I found these scriptures that might try and answer your questions...

1 Corinthians 11:11-12 (KJV)
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

Originally constituted woman is dependent upon man, they are mutually dependent upon each other—the one cannot exist without the other.

in the Lord.—By divine arrangement and direction the twain are one in the Lord.

12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

Since the woman was taken from the man, she is of him, yet man is born, or comes into the world through the woman. That man had the priority in time and position, yet no man can be born without woman. They mutually depend for existence upon each other. So the two constitute but one real self-propagating being.

but all things are of God.—The twain are one, and both are of God, and live, move, and have their being in him. This statement seems designed to suppress any spirit of complaint or dissatisfaction with this arrangement; to make the woman contented in her subordinate position, and to make the man humble by the consideration that it is all owing to the appointment of God. The woman should therefore be contented and the man should not assume any important superiority since the whole arrangement is of God.

Thanks for your reply Yah1. That is certainly an interesting angle and I shall ponder it.

Hi BornAgain. Thanks for replying. Do you mean that Eve was created later, and out of Adam, because God wished to make the point that she is to be his subordinate?

no, eve was made after as mate to adam. when sin enter she was made subject to adam agaisnt her will. he shall have rule over you. that is the part of the curse. her desire shall be to him. even in feminists people theres this desire to be with men and they will subject themselves in general to men. women will dress and act like fools simply for a male attention. i would have to read up on the jewish thoughts to get that right.most gentiles dont dig into the names of adam and chava(eve) like the jews do. names mean things.

God called them both Adam, Genesis 5:2.

She was taken and formed from within Adam, as he slept.

There are many spiritual pictures to be had with both of them.

It was for example the 'inner' man, Adam, that was deceived.

The natural man, the male counterpart, didn't understand the Law from the beginning. The law was given to Adam before Eve was separated from him. Eve for example in recounting that law to the serpent did not give an accurate account. She was recounted that Law by the natural man who was already showing his blindness to the law in recounting it to Eve, as she said they could not even 'touch' the fruit, which was not part of the original delivery. She also exhibited all the precursors to sin before actually eating it. John the Apostle courses us through matters of sin as lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life. That is exactly the course Eve showed:

Gen. 3:
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise,

There are many sights to be had with them both. And not all of them readily apparent without taking disclosures of the workings of sin and law from other citings in the text.

The fall of them both transpired before they actually ate.

And to understand what happened to them is also to understand ourselves and all people.

God also forms a spiritual woman of the church to be joined to His Christ, our Bridegroom. Eve is a precursor to that matter as well, being the 'last' to come out from within the natural man.

s

None - except to those who indulge in fantasy. It's a story. Harry Potter is a story.

Where have I said God is fantasy?

But to clarify - what I have said is the story of creation as recorded in Genesis is a story - a couple of stories actually.

so is the account of jesus dying of the cross. if one is to put it that way. sorry genesis is a literal story. its written and the orthodox jews do take it as such.
the hebrew week is based on a story? the time it starts days(when the sun falls to the sun fall the next day. that is what makes a day to the jews when they do religious days. such as channukah, shabat etc.

so you believe its ok for a woman to lead the man? not to submit to the husband?

that is all based on the idea that eve even before the fall was to be a help mate fit for him. she was to back him up and also assist him in his endeavors. its a reflection of the trinity

the father being the God that united the man and wife. the man is jesus and the wife is the church. a distorted view of marriage and mother and father will affect ones view of God. this is taught in ancient jewry and fact today. its something i worry about my grandchildren.they have no fathers.

The Jews that questioned Jesus didn't believe he was God. Faith is what makes one believe.
It's only by Faith that the words IN the Bible become ALIVE in your heart.

But if you read on, i think the significance had to do with their tasks/jobs in the Garden of Eden. It doesn't really state what their tasks/jobs were though, i might be wrong. I haven't gotten that far in the book of Genesis yet.

My Interpretation is that Adam was the appointed caretaker, boss over all living creatures and all the garden was under his management. Adam had a job to keep him busy. God didn't want Adam to be alone, so Eve was created for two reasons, for Adam not to be alone and to be his helper..helper meaning physically and spiritually. There's a lot more to a woman than you think. Women are beautiful souls and should be treated with respect. God knew what he was doing when he made a woman. Men are mysterious to women, and women are mysterious to men. Why God appointed a man to be boss over so so and not a woman is mysterious. I love diving into the mysteries of God. The fact that God is mysterious says a lot about humanity. Humanity does not have all the answers and never will is mysterious in itself. Mystery always leads us wanting to know more so we're open to possibilites. Are you focused on the mysteries of God or the mysterious of something else? :)

God created man first with the rib of a woman inside him. That was God's choice to create the first human like so. Since Jesus is God in the flesh, and Jesus is a male. 1+1=2

God the Father is mysterious. Why did God create man first, why do we not know the location of Heaven/Paradise? Colossians 1:26

Last edited by a moderator:

He created man with the female counterpart as well.........

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Genesis 1:27"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

Verse 27 is not Adam and Eve!!!

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, ad over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

He created man with the female counterpart as well.........

Genesis 1:26 "And God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Genesis 1:27"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them."

Verse 27 is not Adam and Eve!!!

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, ad over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Then what were these two names?

Back