Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Adults: born in 1995!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Heck, I don't even remember what they were called back then. Always gave a tip though. Paid in cash. No debit card :biggrin

Heck, I don't even remember what they were called back then. Always gave a tip though. Paid in cash. No debit card :biggrin

P: I think there will always be a need for young people to be waiters/waitresses. For as long as there are food and drink outlets, or people meet their friends over a meal.

So in this sense, young people finding at least temporary employment is sometimes easier for them than for us.

I have a cat born in '98.
:biggrin
He's still very active, healthy but he doesn't hunt much any more.
We had a cat born the summer before my daughter was born in Oct. of '90. She just died a bit over 3 years ago, almost 20. She was the sweetest cat I've ever known, and I'm more a dog person. She was the same way. The summer before she died, she was out in the front yard, chasing butterflies.

Let's see...
There are folks who never knew what it was like without the internet.
There are folks who may never know what it's like to play a vinyl record on a phonograph.
There are folks who may never actually use the key to unlock their car.
There are folks who may never go to a drive-in theater. Or order a burger where the "waitress" delivers your order to your car on skates.
Not as long as there's Sonic, or Winstead's (that's only in KC)

There are folks who may never say, "Check the oil please." while getting a fill-up and have the windshield cleaned.
Sheez, I haven't done that myself since the 70s, I don't think.

There are folks who may never remember "dialing" a phone.
There was a little kid at our church Super Bowl party last year who saw the commercial with the old guy in the assisted living home look at his menu and decide he didn't like the evening offering, so he dialed a phone to order Jimmy John's. The kid said, "What the heck kinda phone is that?"

A phone booth? What's that? (Superman may know)
AT&T is taking them out here in metro KC. Still got pay phones, but most of them are in front of convenience stores and operated by private companies.

Elvis who?
Heck, I said that back in the 60s when I was a kid. Never cared for him. (Sorry, ladies)

Car Hops!
Yup!

CC00841F-Soda-Shop-Car-Hop-Costume.jpg

Anyway, we need to pray for the young folk. And learn to let go, as well. Those who are now adults have to learn by their own choices and mistakes sometimes.

Heck, I said that back in the 60s when I was a kid. Never cared for him. (Sorry, ladies)

Neither did I.
And I didn't think much of the Beatles when they first played on the Ed Sullivan show.
That was when Gary Moore was smoking cigarettes on "What's My Line"
Rod Serling smoked too (Twilight Zone)
That would really set people on their ear seeing a host light up today :lol

Neither did I.
And I didn't think much of the Beatles when they first played on the Ed Sullivan show.
That was when Gary Moore was smoking cigarettes on "What's My Line"
Rod Serling smoked too (Twilight Zone)
That would really set people on their ear seeing a host light up today :lol

P: Yes, well, smoking wasn't a big deal in those days. (Except among Fundies, maybe.)

P: Yes, well, smoking wasn't a big deal in those days. (Except among Fundies, maybe.)

Funny that.
And today there's not much said about shacking up what with everything else that's going on.
Ooops.... I mean "Co-habitation". Forgot about PC.

Penny Candy.
Get a small bag of goodies for a dime. :biggrin
After you cashed in the bottles you found. ;)

Oh, and the candy wasn't individually wrapped.

Funny that.
And today there's not much said about shacking up what with everything else that's going on.
Ooops.... I mean "Co-habitation". Forgot about PC.

Penny Candy.
Get a small bag of goodies for a dime. :biggrin
After you cashed in the bottles you found. ;)

P: Well, one would hope that young people from Christian families would know not to do this.

As the line says in 'Mr Smith Goes to Washington', 'Wake up a preacher and get married' before living together.

For some parents with adult kids that do cohabit, though, it can be a challenge to know how to handle it: making sure they don't identify with what they are doing, while keeping the door open for them, so to speak.

Come to think of it by today's standards it's a wonder we even survived! :lol

P: Well, the Lord is merciful. Today's young people turning adults need to learn afresh for themselves about the Lord's keeping power and His mercies.

P: Well, the Lord is merciful. Today's young people turning adults need to learn afresh for themselves about the Lord's keeping power and His mercies.

After a lengthy report on risk assessment perhaps. :biggrin

Used to ride my bike without a helmet.

Oh My!!!
lol

After a lengthy report on risk assessment perhaps. :biggrin

Used to ride my bike without a helmet.

Oh My!!!
lol

P: Well, if people believed all that some folk say they mustn't do 'in case' it's not safe, no one would drink coke, eat all sorts of foods, get a tattoo, or whatever.

Today's young people turning adult need to figure who's telling the truth or spinning them a yarn.

Found this here http://pad39a.com/gene/survival.html. I remember getting something similar in an email years ago and thought I'd save it, but that was several computers ago.

<center>[SIZE=+3]To All The Kids Who Survived[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2] the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's!![/SIZE]</center>
[SIZE=+1]
sv2.jpg
First, we survived being born to mothers who took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes. Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.
We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.
As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.
farm11.jpg
Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.
We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.
We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.
ka.gif
We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank Kool-aid made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because, WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!
We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.
No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.
farm7.jpg
We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.
We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or chat rooms.......WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!
We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.
farm17.jpg

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.
We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.
We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!
gene3.jpg
Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!
The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!
When we did something we were not supposed to or got into trouble, we got spanked (by a hand, a hairbrush, or a belt) or even worse we got our legs "switched" with a branch from a special bush grown in the backyard and even had to go cut it ourselves before it was used on us. But we never thought of calling the police or Social Services to report our parents for child abuse!
These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!
[/SIZE]​

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back