Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Adults: born in 1995!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
P: Well, if people believed all that some folk say they mustn't do 'in case' it's not safe, no one would drink coke, eat all sorts of foods, get a tattoo, or whatever.

Today's young people turning adult need to figure who's telling the truth or spinning them a yarn.

Self determination?
There's a lot of people out there all too willing to tell you how to live. Some might call them control freaks. Thing is, if you don't do as they tell you you're an evil so-and-so. Currently law abiding gun owners are being demonized for an anti-gun agenda. Or should I say anti-rights agenda. As long as you do as they say freedom is OK. If your don't then that freedom must be banned or revoked.

Self determination?
There's a lot of people out there all too willing to tell you how to live. Some might call them control freaks. Thing is, if you don't do as they tell you you're an evil so-and-so. Currently law abiding gun owners are being demonized for an anti-gun agenda. Or should I say anti-rights agenda. As long as you do as they say freedom is OK. If your don't then that freedom must be banned or revoked.

P: The Bible talks about busybodies in other men's matters (1 Peter 4.15).

Good post TND.
We used our imagination not relying on plastic or electronics for entertainment.

"Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat. "

True that. It was fun and memorable.
And it wasn't illegal.

P: Yes, well all the busy stuff is just annoying.

But it's when the young folk start to think it's okay to cohabit without 'waking up a preacher' first, that it gets really tricky.

Something else I noticed too.
In the break room at work. People starring into the face on a smart phone. Not much chatter. People not talking to people.

In the break room at work. People starring into the face on a smart phone. Not much chatter. People not talking to people.

P: When we have company at home, if the 'phone goes I prefer to tell the person, call back later, we got company.

This is a habit that is learned, that young folk need to develop.

Hmm ... staring into the face of a smartphone, or riding in the back of a pickup truck on a summer's day? Which would I rather do, hmm?

Never mind, I'm not actually contemplating it. The pickup wins, every time.

A phone booth? What's that? (Superman may know)
A friend of mine told me that her little sister asked what coins had to do with phones, so she told her that there used to be monster phones that would eat people's quarters. xD

A friend of mine told me that her little sister asked what coins had to do with phones, so she told her that there used to be monster phones that would eat people's quarters. xD

questdriven:

Well, those payphones certainly used to eat my coins. Or else they wouldn't work, period. I remember in the winter of 1984/85 trudging round in the snow and visiting 22 payphones before finding one that actually worked...

But anyway, part of it is learning to let go, but to keep the door open as well. They grow up so fast.

Reading post #40 you must be as old as me! Mom was our healthcare!

Elvis only needed one name other folks need more.

I was born 1946 ... growing up in the 50s was a blessing!

So sad so many guys were jealous of Elvis Ya know the King of rock and roll ... unless one listens to Litter Richard... known to some as the Georgia Peach !

I was born 1946 ... growing up in the 50s was a blessing!

So sad so many guys were jealous of Elvis Ya know the King of rock and roll ... unless one listens to Litter Richard... known to some as the Georgia Peach !
I wasn't jealous of him. I just didn't care for him. Johnny Rivers was a much better singer.

duck-and-cover.jpg
<--- for the uninitiated or hopelessly youthful, that's called "ducking and covering"

PS: You're six years older than me.

If anyone wants a self-induced heart attack, just take a look at the dates grocery checkers go by when they are looking for people to card when buying tobacco or alcohol here in the states.

If anyone wants a self-induced heart attack, just take a look at the dates grocery checkers go by when they are looking for people to card when buying tobacco or alcohol here in the states.
I think the first time I got "sticker shock" over age was when I went to a Mizzou football game and saw that almost everyone on the roster was born after I graduated from high school. I got over it after that. That was 22 years ago. Wonder how many of them have gotten "sticker shock" recently?

They are adults, and Bill Clinton had already been President for 2 years before they were born.

I think this means those of us who are a bit older need to exercise patience just a little sometimes, if the young folk don't always know about or can't remember certain things.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back