Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Alcohol Intolerance?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I'm not sure if that's what this is. Or if this is normal and most people who drink just build up a tolerance because they drink like it is water hahaha no offense XD

But basically. I get drunk a lot faster than anyone else. Half a glass of wine, one shot, half a bottle of beer, half a gin/lemonade etc.. incredibly "small" amounts when compared to how others drink. I become intoxicated, staggering around, not thinking straight, slurred speech etc..

When I "misuse" alcohol I drink in this way. I don't drink bottles and bottles of vodka. I don't need to. And my motivation for drinking is always just to get drunk and forget my worries much like my opiate abuse. So it is still misuse.

The thing is. The drunkenness only lasts about an hour or two then the hangover begins. The headache and feeling sick.

Other people my age drink all night partying and don't get hungover til the next day.

I think I'd get alcohol poisoning if I tried!

I mean. I'm thankful. Imagine if I wasn't this sensitive. With my impulsivity and abuse I'd surely be drinking bottles of vodka to get the same effect and would destroy my liver very severely and quickly. I suppose I just find this confusing?

I'm not a "new" drinker. I have abused alcohol in this way since I was only 13 years old. I don't drink everyday. Not even weekly.

So either.. I'm alcohol intolerant OR this is actually normal but most people binge drink and increase their tolerance a ridiculous amount... which is incredibly sad if that's true.

BTW I understand my reckless behaviours are both sinful and worrying. I am in the process of getting help. They are suspecting BPD or some kind of psychosis but we will see. My behaviour is not good, normal or light hearted by any means.

I'm not sure if that's what this is. Or if this is normal and most people who drink just build up a tolerance because they drink like it is water hahaha no offense XD

But basically. I get drunk a lot faster than anyone else. Half a glass of wine, one shot, half a bottle of beer, half a gin/lemonade etc.. incredibly "small" amounts when compared to how others drink. I become intoxicated, staggering around, not thinking straight, slurred speech etc..

When I "misuse" alcohol I drink in this way. I don't drink bottles and bottles of vodka. I don't need to. And my motivation for drinking is always just to get drunk and forget my worries much like my opiate abuse. So it is still misuse.

The thing is. The drunkenness only lasts about an hour or two then the hangover begins. The headache and feeling sick.

Other people my age drink all night partying and don't get hungover til the next day.

I mean. I'm thankful. Imagine if I wasn't this sensitive. With my impulsivity and abuse I'd surely be drinking bottles of vodka to get the same effect and would destroy my liver very severely and quickly. I suppose I just find this confusing?

I'm not a "new" drinker. I have abused alcohol in this way since I was only 13 years old. I don't drink everyday. Not even weekly.

So either.. I'm alcohol intolerant OR this is actually normal but most people binge drink and increase their tolerance a ridiculous amount... which is incredibly sad if that's true.

BTW I understand my reckless behaviours are both sinful and worrying. I am in the process of getting help. They are suspecting BPD or some kind of psychosis but we will see. My behaviour is not good, normal or light hearted by any means.
God can communicate with us in ways we don't expect and He could be telling you not to drink alcohol . Your tolerance level may be God's way of saving you from yourself .

It is possible that you have a low tolerance for alcohol, which can be caused by a variety of factors such as genetics, body size, and overall health. It is important to note that alcohol intolerance is different from an allergy to alcohol, which is rare but can cause symptoms such as hives, itching, and difficulty breathing.
It is also possible that your body metabolizes alcohol differently than others, leading to a more rapid intoxication. However, it is not normal or healthy to become intoxicated after consuming small amounts of alcohol. Drinking to forget your worries is also a concerning behavior that can lead to addiction and other health problems.
It is good to hear that you are seeking help and getting evaluated for potential mental health issues. It is important to address these underlying issues and develop healthier coping mechanisms to avoid the negative consequences of alcohol misuse.

That's probably a sign to drop the alcohol and maybe it's not for you...

I am a wellness consultant now - but also I refer to myself as a “thoroughbred alcoholic” 😬 I am not anymore obviously or I wouldn’t be a wellness consultant hahaha

But I say the thoroughbred thing because my family on both sides were all heavy drinkers and alcoholics for many generations.

I also have adhd - which went undiagnosed until last year (self diagnosed because part of my field of study is neurology/ child development and one day I was like - oh. I’m severely adhd) 😂 and that contributes to addiction/self medicating behaviors in many ways (I also have a lot of trauma that I finally began to heal from that contributed to the addictive behaviors).

Technically everyone is alcohol intolerant in some way. It’s quite literally a poison. Wine - especially that wine Jesus made 😉 is a very natural alcohol made by natural processes. The cleanliness of the food and drink we consume plays a huge roll in the health of our gut microbiome- which affects quite literally every process in our bodies in some way - primarily cognitive function.

That said - ever BODY is unique, and we all have to figure out how we respond to things. This takes time and in many cases adequate support.

I know what it’s like to struggle with alcohol and depression. That’s why I am now passionate about helping others however I can.

Cutting out sugar / alcohol / processed foods for 30 days is how I walk people through a total body reset (when combined with products packed with dense nutrition and products designed to heal the gut) once we do this, we can start adding things back carefully and with intention. Like alcohol, if desired, but hopefully clean / organic (clean as possible) and see how the body responds then.

This process / these choices did so many amazing things for me and my family - and that’s why I started this kind of work - to offer hope and healing for the body if ever possible because it is the only one we get in this life. I realized through all this/my healing journey I not only had CPTSD / trauma from an abusive marriage and my mother leaving when I was 16 - but also adhd because I was FINALLY able to really do inner work/brain work - because gut health affects brain health/cognitive function SO DIRECTLY. 🙏

I hope that’s helpful somehow. I am a huge nerd for this and could ramble about it all day.

Xoxox

Last edited:
I am a wellness consultant now - but also I refer to myself as a “thoroughbred alcoholic” 😬 I am not anymore obviously or I wouldn’t be a wellness consultant hahaha

But I say the thoroughbred thing because my family on both sides were all heavy drinkers and alcoholics for many generations.

I also have adhd - which went undiagnosed until last year (self diagnosed because part of my field of study is neurology/ child development and one day I was like - oh. I’m severely adhd) 😂 and that contributes to addiction/self medicating behaviors in many ways (I also have a lot of trauma that I finally began to heal from that contributed to the addictive behaviors).

Technically everyone is alcohol intolerant in some way. It’s quite literally a poison. Wine - especially that wine Jesus made 😉 is a very natural alcohol made by natural processes. The cleanliness of the food and drink we consume plays a huge roll in the health of our gut microbiome- which affects quite literally every process in our bodies in some way - primarily cognitive function.

That said - ever BODY is unique, and we all have to figure out how we respond to things. This takes time and in many cases adequate support.

I know what it’s like to struggle with alcohol and depression. That’s why I am now passionate about helping others however I can.

Cutting out sugar / alcohol / processed foods for 30 days is how I walk people through a total body reset (when combined with products packed with dense nutrition and products designed to heal the gut) once we do this, we can start adding things back carefully and with intention. Like alcohol, if desired, but hopefully clean / organic (clean as possible) and see how the body responds then.

This process / these choices did so many amazing things for me and my family - and that’s why I started this kind of work - to offer hope and healing for the body if ever possible because it is the only one we get in this life. I realized through all this/my healing journey I not only had CPTSD / trauma from an abusive marriage and my mother leaving when I was 16 - but also adhd because I was FINALLY able to really do inner work/brain work - because gut health affects brain health/cognitive function SO DIRECTLY. 🙏

I hope that’s helpful somehow. I am a huge nerd for this and could ramble about it all day.

Xoxox
YES ! After a round or two of c-diff I pay a lot of attention to my digestion system .
So glad you are out there helping people get healthy the right way SeaofGlass221 .

What about those that drink on the weekends and can hold their liquor? I mean, some of us aren't allergic to fun.
Just like anything else on the planet, if not a stumbling block, “eat drink and be merry” ❤️ The fact that I can enjoy alcohol in a healthy way now is a huge testament of overcoming a serious and deadly addiction. I just use more of my prebiotic stuff if I think I am gonna have more than 2 drinks 🥰 but that is a very rare occasion now.

Just like anything else on the planet, if not a stumbling block, “eat drink and be merry” ❤️ The fact that I can enjoy alcohol in a healthy way now is a huge testament of overcoming a serious and deadly addiction. I just use more of my prebiotic stuff if I think I am gonna have more than 2 drinks 🥰 but that is a very rare occasion now.
I agree. Alcoholism is a terrible disease. Everything in moderation. You know what I've noticed? People that don't drink are miserable. They're so unhappy, even on the weekends when you should be happy.

We had a little family get together today and everyone's sober and they're all miserable. But when they used to drink, they were fun to be around and we all had a good time. I miss those days.

It could be that you are allergic to alcohol, or one of the ingredients in what you drink.
I came to the conclusion that I had an allergy to it many years too late,

It could be that you are allergic to alcohol, or one of the ingredients in what you drink.
I came to the conclusion that I had an allergy to it many years too late,
That's just the worst of luck. Or maybe the best of luck, depending on your view. I went six years without a drink and life sucked. I made some decent money, but you gotta have a little bit of fun every now and again.

Life is tragedy. It's a disaster. Maybe go skydiving or something like that. Something that reminds you you're still alive. I see so many people suffering and Jesus never said life was going to be easy. He turned water into wine for a reason. That's sort of how I look at it.

That's just the worst of luck. Or maybe the best of luck, depending on your view. I went six years without a drink and life sucked. I made some decent money, but you gotta have a little bit of fun every now and again.
It was the best of luck for me.
No more drunk driving or lewd behavior.
No more fear of getting pulled over or losing my car.
The joy of actually being in control was exhilarating.
Life is tragedy. It's a disaster. Maybe go skydiving or something like that. Something that reminds you you're still alive. I see so many people suffering and Jesus never said life was going to be easy. He turned water into wine for a reason. That's sort of how I look at it.
Why can't you have fun with a clear mind?
Get a hobby or collect something rare.
Paint, or take photos.
Being drunk, is for drunks !

It was the best of luck for me.
No more drunk driving or lewd behavior.
No more fear of getting pulled over or losing my car.
The joy of actually being in control was exhilarating.
I'm glad to hear that. When I made the post last night I wasn't sober. Today I'm more inclined to agree with you.

Why can't you have fun with a clear mind?
Get a hobby or collect something rare.
Paint, or take photos.
Being drunk, is for drunks !
I can, just not by myself. Or I guess you could say alcohol makes whatever activity you're engaged in more fun.

I'm glad to hear that. When I made the post last night I wasn't sober. Today I'm more inclined to agree with you.
It is your life...I guess.
I can, just not by myself. Or I guess you could say alcohol makes whatever activity you're engaged in more fun.
That is precisely what the devil wants you to think.
Kick him in the teeth and show him he is wrong.
James writes..."Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
Resist !!!!

It is your life...I guess.

That is precisely what the devil wants you to think.
Kick him in the teeth and show him he is wrong.
James writes..."Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)
Resist !!!!

I do not care for language like “kick the devil in the teeth” … we certainly can’t ever actually do that. Yes he’s our enemy, but he’s ancient and extremely intelligent. This language belittles that truth and can foster unhealthy spiritual beliefs, imo. (I say this because in my area people loooove to say how they’re “beatin’” the devil .. “not today Satan” etc - and it’s just - ugh. Why give him attention at all??? Like you said we are told to “resist” the devil - not actively fight him or give him the time of day. And we do this by using the armor of God. All of which is offensive equipment- even the sword which is meant to separate truth from lies - not seek out battle. Not trying to argue. I am a “word nerd” and language is one of my extreme interests/is very important to me.

Regarding drinking:
The devil and alcohol are not synonymous. Though many have been taught to think this way (understandable, but false).

Paul told Timothy: “Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.”

Wine (good wine) has beneficial properties, such as antioxidants.

Proverbs says “Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.” The key here is “whoever is led astray” … hence, if you’re not being led astray, it is not sin. Jesus makes that very clear and throughout scripture God uses wine to commemorate celebration and joy.

This is a very different use than simply getting plastered. It’s a heart issue, just like anything else.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back