Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Alpha lipoic acid

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I’ve been taking 1200 milligrams daily in the morning on an empty stomach. Seems to make all the other supplements do more. Recycles e and c and boosts glutathione levels. And…

Back in the 50s it was briefly studied for psych indications. Then Thorazine came out and tranquilizers and later antidepressants etc became the solution. Ugh 😑

So basically now there’s renewed interest in Ala. in psych indications with the newer medications on board. Best of both worlds etc.

I’ve dropped a couple of pounds which is quite good 😊. Schizophrenia…I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I’m not actively symptomatic and my mid range dosage of Abilify seems…

Effective but looser fitting if that makes sense. I’m apparently more prone to adverse effects ranging from drug induced depression up to tremors and TD so it’s nice 😊 to have symptoms under control without the dreadful adverse effects from the tranquilizer.

So…yup. It’s generally not expensive and the dosage range is wide enough to cover people ranging from low to just boost their antioxidant levels to higher for more specific symptoms.

Alpha Lapoic Acid is good for diabetic nerve pain. You should not take it on an empty stomach. Drink a 6 ounce glass of tomato juice with it. Turmeric 800mg is also good and aides the digestive system.

Everything I’ve read says take it on an empty stomach. Now I’m confused 🫤

It feels like I revamped my whole line up just by taking the alpha lipoic acid. My Claritin works better I’m calmer my sleep tends to be more solid less interrupted…
Awesome 😎

Everything I’ve read says take it on an empty stomach. Now I’m confused 🫤

It feels like I revamped my whole line up just by taking the alpha lipoic acid. My Claritin works better I’m calmer my sleep tends to be more solid less interrupted…
Awesome 😎
For sleep take 15mg of Melatonin four hours before bed time.

I’ve been taking 1200 milligrams daily in the morning on an empty stomach. Seems to make all the other supplements do more. Recycles e and c and boosts glutathione levels. And…

Back in the 50s it was briefly studied for psych indications. Then Thorazine came out and tranquilizers and later antidepressants etc became the solution. Ugh 😑

So basically now there’s renewed interest in Ala. in psych indications with the newer medications on board. Best of both worlds etc.

I’ve dropped a couple of pounds which is quite good 😊. Schizophrenia…I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I’m not actively symptomatic and my mid range dosage of Abilify seems…

Effective but looser fitting if that makes sense. I’m apparently more prone to adverse effects ranging from drug induced depression up to tremors and TD so it’s nice 😊 to have symptoms under control without the dreadful adverse effects from the tranquilizer.

So…yup. It’s generally not expensive and the dosage range is wide enough to cover people ranging from low to just boost their antioxidant levels to higher for more specific symptoms.
Back in the "Rodalian" days, and I like them because they were right out of PA here near to where I live, they did all sorts of studies in the 50's and 60's like you said including B-complex esp. B-3 and B-6 for psychiatric afflictions, vitamin C and vitamin E. I just wanted to mention that vitamin F (aka essential fatty acids) was really ALA and they mentioned that vitamin as well. I recently confused that with the DHA and EPA omegas but supposedly your body can makes those from other sources whereas ALA has to be supplied. I suppose the analogy is beta-carotene to manufacture vitamin A and cholesterol to manufacture vitamin D. But nonetheless, they are needed "fish oils" (ALA is plant based but similar) for our health. Now, I'll give you my theory why "vitamin F" may work for some psych conditions, but I don't know if it will help in your case depending on any other medical symptoms. I think it works for the same reason it helps for heart attack, stroke and some cancers. The issue is the arterial health, and dementia, for example, seems to be from poor arterial health and circulation, as is some depressions.

As much as I like this kind of stuff, don't ask me how one can ascertain their arterial health beyond "going in there and looking". Don't depend on cholesterol tests as they are basically useless. The only thing that really matters there is the size of the LDL molecules (small is bad) but they never test for that; just for LDL which in itself is not necessarily "bad". (Cholesterol is cholesterol - LDL and HDL are merely the protein carriers so I muse that the cholesterol left in a bus and came back home in a car). Triglycerides, a type of fat in the blood, is far more significant, but the main problem with too much of that fat is not so much fat in the diet, but more likely sugars. But I think we already know to stay away from sweets even back to the days we were kids the dentist always warned that too many sweets could decay the teeth - it causes far more damage but you get the idea. Thus, the high triglycerides may cause arterial damage, but more likely if its due to otherwise poor diet where the health of the arteries are poor to begin with and then things like this push one over the edge - the cholesterol (the good guys) try to repair the sick arteries and thus clots form. The prevailing reasoning is to lower the cholesterol which is like getting rid of all the ambulances at a blocked intersection where there is a bad accident. Cholesterol is a powerful antioxidant and much needed by the brain and while on this subject works well with vitamin F (and other nutrients). That's my "skinny" on what you are talking about. I'll say this, ALA won't hurt, but maybe get 1-2 grams a day at least of DHA/EPA. That's two big fish oil tablets a day.

I actually am taking a NOW brand high potency fish oil at a somewhat high ish dose. I only mention the brand name because I actually went for it over whatever vitacost is calling their brand because oh man 👨 so many options I just went for a reasonable no frills but reputable brand…
Or so I hope 🤞.

My overall cholesterol is slightly elevated but the HDL is apparently good so…? I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I respect my doctor but it seems like a numbers game as in…

The risk vs benefits of medication x vs untreated in the presence of abc…
On and on. Ugh 😑 statistics….darn lies and statistics lol 😆

I’m not vain but I used to have premature aging. At nearly 40 I apparently look like a healthy normal 34 year old. I thank God first of all and I think 🤔 diy orthomolecular has played a role. I’m not in it for fabulous anti aging but not prematurely aging is a huge blessing.

Oh btw…
Not that psych diagnosis means much but I’ve gone from somehow having schizophrenia and bipolar 15 years ago to severe bouts of depression and anxiety. I’m also healthy with no obvious brain damage or cognitive impairment so…?

As much as I like this kind of stuff, don't ask me how one can ascertain their arterial health beyond "going in there and looking".
If someone seeks the answer to this, they might find it.
Since it is officially medically illegal and quashed by the drug lords, they might be convinced instead that it isn't true.

Back