Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

American school children learn to pray to Allah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread (Ex. 12:17)
Wherefore the children of Israel shall... observe the sabbath throughout their generations ((Ex. 13:16)
Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes (Lev. 19:37)
During our visit, we will get a chance to... observe a midday prayer service. (Permission request signed by parents)

Why are these parents surprised that their children were given an opportunity to observe a midday prayer service? They gave their permission for it. Maybe they should take a remedial English class (if they can figure out what that means).

When my son was in High school, he came home and told me that the class was going to dress as Arabs, take a trip to Mecca. I went to the school and told them "hogwash". They told me he'd get a failing grade if my son didn't do it. I told them to go for it. To me, Jesus Is the only person i need in my life, Not allah, or any other false "god".

During our visit, we will get a chance to... observe a midday prayer service. (Permission request signed by parents)

Why are these parents surprised that their children were given an opportunity to observe a midday prayer service? They gave their permission for it. Maybe they should take a remedial English class (if they can figure out what that means).
To observe is to watch, it does not mean take part.

When my son was in High school, he came home and told me that the class was going to dress as Arabs, take a trip to Mecca. I went to the school and told them "hogwash". They told me he'd get a failing grade if my son didn't do it. I told them to go for it. To me, Jesus Is the only person i need in my life, Not allah, or any other false "god".
Makes you wonder why the government would promote Islam, but yet speak out against Christian prayer or commandments.

To observe is to watch, it does not mean take part.

So, the Bible tells us to watch the Sabbath and the yearly festivals? Do observant Jews watch a lot? Is that really all it can mean?

I don't like the fact that schools are taking kids on field trips to mosques and not churches. But these parents signed permission slips for their children to go. It should come as no surprise that they would be offered the opportunity to take part if they wished to do so.

So, the Bible tells us to watch the Sabbath and the yearly festivals? Do observant Jews watch a lot? Is that really all it can mean?

I don't like the fact that schools are taking kids on field trips to mosques and not churches. But these parents signed permission slips for their children to go. It should come as no surprise that they would be offered the opportunity to take part if they wished to do so.
To watch for the Sabbath is to keep track of the day of the week.

I agree with you guys to a point - the kids in these public schools should be given the option to opt out of such field trips.

However, when they "observe" midday prayers at a mosque - the use of the word is not used to conote taking part - and I think you understand that. As a Muslim, if I simply observe other Muslims praying, I am not fulfilling my obligation to pray - Im just watching.

Also - what harm can come to a kid who sees Muslims pray or talk about Islam? My son has gone to church functions with my Mother - hes only 31/2, so it didnt mean much to him, but when hes 9, I will still allow him to see what a misguided religion looks like.

I do see the hypocracy schools engage in when they forbid any christian talk in school, but speak about Islam and Budhism and Hinduism openly in the spirit of diversity - They shouldnt ban all religious talk - but they should include christianity when educating kids.
Speaking of misguided. You can get Christians to acknowledge that there are scriptural and doctrinal problems; that is why we have foot notes in our bibles. The Quran is based upon a collection of sayings from Mohammad years after he had died. And then no one mentions that the Quran had been revised and the old writings burned. And then there is the fact that Allah had always been worshipped as a Pagan god. The Arabs had abandoned Yahwah for Allah, according to historical documention. So how honest are the Muslim people?
:chin

I dont know MDO, why dont you start a new thread with all those concerns listed instead of derailing this one -
oh wait...you already have threads dedicated to your misconceptions of the world - and on those threads you have been thoroughly refuted - so it seems you dont have any intention of learning the answers to the questions you pose - but rather intend to create fitna and misguidance through you posts.
I have never met a person more dishonest than you. Not one Muslim has been able to refute anything I have said.

To watch for the Sabbath is to keep track of the day of the week.

According to dictionary.com, there are 9 definitions of the word "observe". "To see, watch, perceive, or notice" is only one of them. Among the others are:

• to keep or maintain in one's action, conduct, etc.: You must observe quiet.
  • to obey, comply with, or conform to: to observe laws.
  • to show regard for by some appropriate procedure, ceremony, etc.: to observe Palm Sunday.
  • to perform duly or solemnize (ceremonies, rites, etc.).

My original intent, however, was not to debate the meaning of the word "observe", but to point out that the parents all gave their permission for their children to go to a prayer service. What did they expect to happen? If a similar group came to a Christian church, would they not be given hymnals and encouraged to take part in the service? Would they not recieve an order of service so they could know when to sit, stand or kneal in denominations that do that? Would they not be invited to come forward at the end of the service to recieve Christ as their savior?Or would we just tell them to stand in the corner and watch? Why did the parents expect any different behavior from Muslims than what they themselves would do in a similar situation?

According to dictionary.com, there are 9 definitions of the word "observe". "To see, watch, perceive, or notice" is only one of them. Among the others are:

• to keep or maintain in one's action, conduct, etc.: You must observe quiet.
  • to obey, comply with, or conform to: to observe laws.
  • to show regard for by some appropriate procedure, ceremony, etc.: to observe Palm Sunday.
  • to perform duly or solemnize (ceremonies, rites, etc.).
My original intent, however, was not to debate the meaning of the word "observe", but to point out that the parents all gave their permission for their children to go to a prayer service. What did they expect to happen? If a similar group came to a Christian church, would they not be given hymnals and encouraged to take part in the service? Would they not recieve an order of service so they could know when to sit, stand or kneal in denominations that do that? Would they not be invited to come forward at the end of the service to recieve Christ as their savior?Or would we just tell them to stand in the corner and watch? Why did the parents expect any different behavior from Muslims than what they themselves would do in a similar situation?
The parents gave permission for their children to view Islamic Architecture.

i havent watched the video, but if the public school wants to edamucate the chitlins on them thar relijuns then we ought to be balenced and inform dem parents.

Children are very easily influenced. I wouldn’t allow for my child to go to a mosque. Not to observe. Not to participate. Not to admire the building.
I will not allow her to participate in Wiccan practices or observe them. Nor in Buddhist or Satanist practices or any religion other than Christianity. I will raise her as a Christian and I will keep her away from any outside influences until I think that she is old enough to cognitively understand why they are wrong.

I don’t care if she is the only child in the entire school that will not be going on this field trip. My child is my responsibility. I made a promise to GOD the day that I christened her, and although I have changed my views on Christening I will not break my promise to God.

I think society has brain washed us so badly with human rights and being politically correct, that we now make excuses for being white, being Christian, being homosexual and changing the role of husbands and wives. This is not acceptable. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. It is wrong for Christians to expose their children to pagan influences.

There. I’m all done venting now. :)

The parents gave permission for their children to view Islamic Architecture.

Right at the beginning of the video, there is a picture of an excerpt from the permission slip they signed. It says quite clearly:

During our visit, we will get a chance to... observe a midday prayer service.

Whether "observe" means only to look or to take part, it is clear that they were going to attend a midday prayer service and not just look at the architecture.

Right at the beginning of the video, there is a picture of an excerpt from the permission slip they signed. It says quite clearly:

Whether "observe" means only to look or to take part, it is clear that they were going to attend a midday prayer service and not just look at the architecture.
Agreed. Although "observe" to me doesn't mean to take part.

That is just wrong. Like literally, it is legally wrong. The school CAN take them to a mosque, with permission from the parents. They can participate in mosque things, with permission from the parents.

Though here is the legality part.

In the United States a public school can teach religion BUT they than must teach other religions equally. So, unless the school is planning on sending the children to a Protestant church, a Catholic church, a Jewish Temple, a Buddhist temple, and anything else available to them then they are going to be facing some serious legal issues.

Heck, a elementary class had one of those job weeks where the parents come in and share their jobs with the students. One child's parent was sent a letter from the superintendent saying he was not allowed to come in for his son because he was a pastor...

"It's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know, (and because of Jesus) I feel fine........"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back