Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Amusing ancedote from this weekend

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

faeriecat

That I thought y'all would appreciate.

Sunday morning it was mid 20s and windy out, quite cold by Georgia standards. We walked into the church to a wall of heat. It was easily 85 in the sanctuary, let alone whatever the stage lights add. We were melty to say the least, because we were all dressed for cold wind.

Get through singing without passing out on stage and go off to take our seats and the preacher gets into his topic of the day, which turns out to be ...

"What Jesus has to say on Hell"

There was much giggling to be had ...

"Hey, pastor, this sermon on hell is inspiring and thought provoking and all, but could we possibly turn the heat down, it is really hot in here."

"Hey, I take offense to the term 'pew sitter.' I will have you know I am part of a movement called 'Occupy Bench Seat.'"

"Hey, I take offense to the term 'pew sitter.' I will have you know I am part of a movement called 'Occupy Bench Seat.'"
I'm sorry. I reject the Occupy Movement on the grounds that they have never occupied anything other than space.

Note to Knot: That is "knot" personal ... I being funny! Aren't I? :chin

I'm sorry. I reject the Occupy Movement on the grounds that they have never occupied anything other than space.

Note to Knot: That is "knot" personal ... I being funny! Aren't I? :chin

What else could you occupy other than space?

I see your pun and raise you an erroneously obstinate reply.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back