Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth An Old Man's Prayer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Have you heard about the 85-year-old man that was arrested for praying? I am sure that you have. His name was Daniel. He was arrested and sentenced to death for praying to God faithfully. This praying is what sent him to the lion's den.

Although Daniel in the Lions den is a very popular Bible story, it should not be what we remember Daniel for. He should be remembered for his decision to be righteous when his people were being quite the opposite. He should be remembered for his decision to face death when he knew what could happen to him. And he should be remember for the deliverance the Lord provided for him in the lion's den.

What are you going to be remembered for today? Will you be remembered for being righteous when everyone else is being unrighteous? Will you be remembered for obeying God instead of bowing to the whims of government? What will you be remembered for?

"I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications." Daniel 9:3View attachment 4321

What a coincendence. We have the same name and i have a lion avatar, but im not 85yo and i would most definately cry in fear, probably pass out if i was thrown in a lions den if not eaten first.
If it were just my own power, yes I would faint dead away, but with the help of the Holy Spirit I would have the strength to face anything.

What a coincendence. We have the same name and i have a lion avatar, but im not 85yo and i would most definately cry in fear, probably pass out if i was thrown in a lions den if not eaten first.

Psa 105:13 When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people;
Psa 105:14 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
Psa 105:15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I'm with you here, I'd be shaking in my sandals. You can't talk to a hungry lion. I might hyperventilate and pass out. :shrug Hopefully, I'd wake up either with God or to a big lion tongue licking my face.

Or I might not pass out and fall on my knees and pray in faith, your will Father not mine, still knowing I might have a very painful death which would make me fearful of that pain and suffering. That's a very stressful scenario.

Without the strength of the Lord I probably would have had a heart attack and died before they put me in with hungry lions. We use this as a child's story, but it was NOT child's play.

Without the strength of the Lord I probably would have had a heart attack and died before they put me in with hungry lions. We use this as a child's story, but it was NOT child's play.

I might do that, too.
I have tried to imagine what it was like for Christians that were literally eaten, torn apart, alive by the wild beasts in the colosseum of the Romans and many that were burnt at the stake like Polycarp.
I think I could get used to the idea of eating locust in the wilderness rather than hang out in the Roman Empire. Or in my neck of the world, follow around a bear and eat the grubs and honey he leaves behind.

Yes, I wonder what I would do if I were faced with such persecution. I hope I would get strength from the Lord to endure it.

Have you heard about the 85-year-old man that was arrested for praying? I am sure that you have. His name was Daniel. He was arrested and sentenced to death for praying to God faithfully. This praying is what sent him to the lion's den.
Although Daniel in the Lions den is a very popular Bible story, it should not be what we remember Daniel for. He should be remembered for his decision to be righteous when his people were being quite the opposite. He should be remembered for his decision to face death when he knew what could happen to him. And he should be remember for the deliverance the Lord provided for him in the lion's den.
What are you going to be remembered for today? Will you be remembered for being righteous when everyone else is being unrighteous? Will you be remembered for obeying God instead of bowing to the whims of government? What will you be remembered for?
"I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications." Daniel 9:3View attachment 4321

what will i be remembered for today? God knows.
will I be remembered for being righteous when everyone else is being unrighteous? yes, God willing i never turn back.
will i be remembered for obeying God.... ? yes, God willing i never turn back.
what will i be remembered for ? God knows. i will be remembered for healing people. (naturally, not esoterically, not hypothetically, not mystically. just simply naturally as righteous men(like DANIEL) of God have done for about 6000 years. )
(oh, healing by faith is available, possible, and yes seen today.... in some places..... some times.... when the people have enough faith. (faith in God. not in man).

i hope to still be around to answer the inevitable questions ... or should i say i hope there are the expected questions as we who love the truth pursue God and truth together in Christ Jesus our Lord and Master and Savior. Amen.

Back