Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] an update

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Papa Zoom

CF Ambassador
So friends, here's an update. I wish I had the emotionally energy to get back here but there's so much going on in my life right now and my brain feels like it's on overload. I am making progress.

In three days it will be a month since my wife died. I'm learning to cook and getting the administrative part of death taken care of. Lots of paperwork with the retirement system and other stuff. Plus going through her things which as you can imagine brings on the tears. Even deleting her scheduled TV recordings brought many tears. Another part of her being deleted from my life. ~sigh~ Some things I can't let go of. That's normal I guess.

I'll be back but in the meantime, hug your loved ones extra hard today and tomorrow too. And keep praying for each other. Prayer matters. I'm in a tad bit of a crisis of faith. God knows my heart and that I trust Him. But too often I get in the way and take over. I need to learn to wait on the Lord. So pray for me.

See you all soon. Behave and love each other. Respect the faith walk of others. We're not all in the same place. Allow the Holy Spirit to do His work. Don't take over for Him. He'll teach His children and help them in their faith walk. Our job is to love and encourage.

Also, don't ask a grieving person "how you doing?" They are doing what all grieving people do. Ups and downs and good days and bad. Rather, just say, "It's good to see you!" stuff like that. I like it when people say nice things about my wife. But asking me questions requires me to answer. I no like that.... ;)

God bless,

Dan

thanks for the update. Honestly, I cannot really imagine. Thanks also for the tips on how to interact with grieving people. Please keep posting, and thanks for your years of membership here. And...I"m praying, of course. :)

It's great to hear from you Papa Zoom, our Ambassador ! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. We will try to behave - It's not always easy. You may have to tidy us all up when you get back here.

Praying for you every day. Love you brother.

So friends, here's an update. I wish I had the emotionally energy to get back here but there's so much going on in my life right now and my brain feels like it's on overload. I am making progress.

In three days it will be a month since my wife died. I'm learning to cook and getting the administrative part of death taken care of. Lots of paperwork with the retirement system and other stuff. Plus going through her things which as you can imagine brings on the tears. Even deleting her scheduled TV recordings brought many tears. Another part of her being deleted from my life. ~sigh~ Some things I can't let go of. That's normal I guess.

I'll be back but in the meantime, hug your loved ones extra hard today and tomorrow too. And keep praying for each other. Prayer matters. I'm in a tad bit of a crisis of faith. God knows my heart and that I trust Him. But too often I get in the way and take over. I need to learn to wait on the Lord. So pray for me.

See you all soon. Behave and love each other. Respect the faith walk of others. We're not all in the same place. Allow the Holy Spirit to do His work. Don't take over for Him. He'll teach His children and help them in their faith walk. Our job is to love and encourage.

Also, don't ask a grieving person "how you doing?" They are doing what all grieving people do. Ups and downs and good days and bad. Rather, just say, "It's good to see you!" stuff like that. I like it when people say nice things about my wife. But asking me questions requires me to answer. I no like that.... ;)

God bless,

Dan
Papa it is good to see you.

Grace and Peace

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord .
Psalm 27:13-14 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Psalm 27:13-14&version=NASB

Even during the most troubling of times, ,waiting for the Lord’ is to: believe, be strong, be courageous. Do so for yourself (your own heart) and for others. ⬆️ ⬇️

Toward the end of Moses’ life, even after all the hardships and service to the Lord Moses had done (more than 40 years of leadership), what did the Lord tell Moses to do???

Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Deuteronomy 31:6&version=NASB

And what else did the Lord tell Moses to do???

So Moses wrote this law and gave it to the priests, the sons of Levi who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and to all the elders of Israel. ... “Now therefore, write this song for yourselves, and teach it to the sons of Israel; put it on their lips, so that this song may be a witness for Me against the sons of Israel.
Deuteronomy 31:9,19 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Deuteronomy 31:9,19&version=NASB

Write and teach! (For yourself and for others).

God bless,

Dan

You got it Brother.

Oh, and also...Done. :pray

Good words friends. It's now been one month and one day. Yesterday my daughter was in the ER for six hours as they ran test. I think it was all stress related. She's taken on much in this journey. Time for dad to step it up.

Love you all in Jesus!
Papa
Stress can really take its toll. I'm proud of you Dan. I fell apart when my daughter passed and my marriage and my son paid the price for it. My marriage is doing well now, and years later. My son is starting to recover. But it's because I recovered.
They look to us as guidance more than we realize. We bring stability into their shifting world that shakes and we have an opportunity to show them Christ in us.

I'm sure your daughter and wife were very close and I have a feeling they talked daily. It's just a hunch...
Your a good man, and your strong in the Lord. I'm proud of you because your holding it together and by doing so, your daughter will feel some security.

Your always in my prayers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back