Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Angel who killed 185,000

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There's a funny thing on this angel who killed 185,000. It said he did it in one night so basically I took into account an eight hour night and came up with he'd haft to kill 5-7 men every second to reach this 185,000 mark.

Maybe he could fire 5-7 arrows at once from his bow and never miss.:lol

What angel are you talking about? I don't remember reading this in the Bible, but then, there is much I have read that I didn't fully absorb!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was in 2 Corinthians. I know that the army was going to invade a city and God sent an angel down (he's unanimous) and kills the entire army. The people inside the city did not know either there were no sounds or anything.

"And it came to pass on a certain night that the angel of the LORD went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when people arose early in the morning, there were the corpses—all dead."

2 Kings 19:35

It was in 2 Corinthians. I know that the army was going to invade a city and God sent an angel down (he's unanimous) and kills the entire army. The people inside the city did not know either there were no sounds or anything.
Eric, do you mean (anonymous)? :biggrin

This can be found in 2 Kings 19:35. :yes If I had to take a guess, I'd say it was Michael, because he was the protector over Israel.

"And it came to pass on a certain night that the angel of the LORD went out, and killed in the camp of the Assyrians one hundred and eighty-five thousand; and when people arose early in the morning, there were the corpses—all dead."

Ok, got it!

Eric, I have always read that to mean that the "Angel of the Lord" cast out his hand and they died instantly.

Eric, do you mean (anonymous)? :biggrin

This can be found in 2 Kings 19:35. :yes If I had to take a guess, I'd say it was Michael, because he was the protector over Israel.
Sorry Vic I forget how to spell things a lot of the time my mind blocks out knowledge that I don't use everyday. And I thought it was 2 Corinthians I forgot again.

Hebrews 12:22 says that there are myriads upon myriads of angels. A myriad likely means 10,000, which means a likely total of at least 100,000,000 (10,000 times 10,000 angels). That is a lot of destructive (or protecting) power!

Heh, that wasn't there when I started my post. :nod

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back