Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Anna Claire

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Pretty name, huh? She's my older, wiser, Pentecostal friend's grand-daughter. 24, almost 25...had a stroke. Crazy stuff.

She seems to be recovering OK. She has some numbness and problems walking on the opposite side of where the stroke hit (apparently, that happens in stroke victims).

This is scary stuff. I mean...24 years old...what gives, right? My Pentecostal friend is holding strong and Anna Claire has a supportive family behind, including a good husband.

Lots of people are praying now, but...the more the merrier, right?

Please pray.

Thank Father for the faithful people you have put in this young woman's life. We know you are Yehovah Rapha, the One who heals. We lift Anna Claire up to You for her healing. We thank You and praise You , in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Thanks for all the prayers. She just recently started a good job, complete with health insurance, and now...wow. The people at her new job really like her, so they're trying to keep her job open. Let's pray that she recovers and finds good employment, if not with these people, then with someone.

Praying for God's healing, and for Anna to have peace of mind that God will take care of all her needs. Please let us know how she's doing.

hey...her grandmother is basically my (spiritual) grandmother, so...yeah...I keep tabs on everything...

...she's recovering OK, it seems. She has some fancy heart monitor on for a while, maybe 1 month or so. She has to take low dose cholesterol meds, which freaks me out a little bit. Her husband is understandably upset. She's doing puzzles now to help her brain reintegrate or something (I don't know anything about strokes...makes sense to me, though...).

Employment is an issue. She had just started a decent job w/ benefits and such and then, maybe 3 weeks later, this happened. They can keep the job open for a little while longer but, in all likelihood, I think she may have to look for a new job once she recovers :-( Such is the nature of the job market, I suppose. She has a degree and lots of family and friends who can help her find work, so that's a plus.

Some other medication may have caused/contributed to the stroke(s) (there may have apparently been more than 1?!). Some kinda hormone thing...I dunno...scares me to think about it, a pill for 1 thing causing strokes in an otherwise healthy 20something. Bad stuff.

Anyway, please keep on praying and I'll do my best to keep up w/ her progress :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back